Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

ImmiVictim said:
Gurus
My H1 6th year is expiring June 2006, what is the best time to apply for the 7th year extension, I am planning to file it in April 2006 is this time frame OK or should I apply earlier than this. By the way any approvals from VA from 2003?

===========
RIR
45 days letter recieved and Send in September 2005
Labor date: November 2003, VA

Thanks
Any reason for you to delay filing till april...usually, the earlier the better...in my case...it's May...I filed Dec-05 end.
rgds,
LFGC
CO-Reg-EB3-Mar2002-DBPC-Dec2004-45 day ltr-Oct2005
ETA Case # D-05139-*****

Lets discuss

This is just a discussion. Thanks for participation.

Three people have replied and all three said EB3 09/2002 is better than EB2 02/2006. With EB2 being current, one can apply for I485 and get work permit. Wouldn't that clearly make EB2 02/2006 better? Am I missing something???

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Keep retrogression in mind.....

msabir said:
I would say 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by msabir
No one has a crystal ball to know for sure.

Folks, in your openion, which one is better:

EB3 - PD 09/2002.

OR

EB2 - PD 02/2006 (PERM)

These are for two seperate jobs.

Thanks. I know many of you guys/gals know better than some lawyers as you have more interest in this. This impacts your life a lot more.

Keep retrogression in mind.....

lfgc said:
Any reason for you to delay filing till april...usually, the earlier the better...in my case...it's May...I filed Dec-05 end.
rgds,
LFGC
CO-Reg-EB3-Mar2002-DBPC-Dec2004-45 day ltr-Oct2005
ETA Case # D-05139-*****

I was told that say if I apply in april the year will count starting from april again and then my 7th year will be ending in april , its just extension of time, how was your experience in filing, have you got it , yet, have you filed in fast proicess or the regular one.

Thanks for your reply

ImmiVictim said:
I was told that say if I apply in april the year will count starting from april again and then my 7th year will be ending in april , its just extension of time, how was your experience in filing, have you got it , yet, have you filed in fast proicess or the regular one.

Thanks for your reply

It's not like that...your new time will start from the end of the current one...hence no loss or gain of any kind. One is eligible to apply 6 mnths prior to the expiry of H1.
This is for my 8th year ext...lat year for my 7th year...apllied in Jan...got approval in march...but, this will vary with the current load...so, suggest you apply asap...get done with.

NY Labor Approved

Hi Guys,
My labor finally got approved after 3 years and 10 months of long wait.

Here are my details for your tracker and Good Luck to you all.

EB3 RIR
State : NY
PD: March 2002
ETA Case# P-05124-XXXXX
45 day letter recd: 11/28/05
45 day letter replied : 12/02/05
Labor Approved : 01/06/06

lfgc said:
It's not like that...your new time will start from the end of the current one...hence no loss or gain of any kind. One is eligible to apply 6 mnths prior to the expiry of H1.
This is for my 8th year ext...lat year for my 7th year...apllied in Jan...got approval in march...but, this will vary with the current load...so, suggest you apply asap...get done with.

Just out of curiosity, did you apply for the extension yourself or did you use a lawyer?

I am wondering which route to take as these yearly extensions and the cost are bound to raise eyebrows with the employer.

msabir said:

Three people have replied and all three said EB3 09/2002 is better than EB2 02/2006. With EB2 being current, one can apply for I485 and get work permit. Wouldn't that clearly make EB2 02/2006 better? Am I missing something???

Sorry, I assumed you are from one of the retrogession affected countries (India, China...). But if you are not and dates for your country are current it makes sense to file through PERM and get EAD and AP at the very least.

I am from retrogession affected country so I would prefer to keep my 2002 PD, which is going to be crucial in later stages.

Also, keep in my the EB2/3 dates from rest of the world will soon be moving backwards, not sure when though.

Earlier the better

lfgc said:

Earlier the better... If your H1 approval doesnot come by the end of your visa expiration date, you maynot have any valid documents (except the H1 ext filing papers) to show that you are a legal resident (although it doesnot necessarily make you illegal). For one of my colleagues, they filed the extension application on Dec 8th, which was also his visa expiration date.
So, as long as you have "filed" before expiry date, you are ok.

NY Approval..

NY Approval

Pal_1 said:
Hi Guys,

EB3 RIR
ETA Case# P-05124-XXXXX

There is some assumption work here

msabir said:

I admit I had an assumption that the guy is from the retrogression country (India or China). If so, EB2 is not current and they are even planning to back-date it even for all the countries of world (see murthy.com article).

I agree

I agree... and right now this forum is not looking that far ahead. Maybe rightly so as fixing retrogression is still somewhere on the political agenda. Maybe something will change in some time. Nevertheless, it will be limited to a small push rather than all dates becoming current.
the 6 month every month progress of dates, at this point is optimistic at best.

Right now we can only hope for an LC, file 140 and get 3 year extensions.
When priority dates reach mid 2001, it will be Deja Vu all over again.

StressTestInUSA said:
Saknia...

I have a feeling at april 2001 the train will come to a halt....and again we need to stare at the visa bulletin again...

I have a question....all those who filed in April 2001 (i245 i guess)...do they have a separete qota or r they squeezed into this EB categories...? I posted earlier too...i dint get a reply from anyone...

Even I hear rumors like each month it will jump by 6 months...this might be true only for the next 2 ,3 months..not beyond that I think

Not to forget...all the LAbors clearing now will clog at the Service centres for 140...another long wait there...

That is why I support immivoice to file 485 even if dates r not current, atleast spouses will get EAD's and one can change jobs after 6 months in EAD...:
I hope people realise this in this forum...

Each H1 extn after 6 yrs is costing us 3-4k...with EAD renewals also USCIS can make a lot of $$ and we can alteast will have some freedom

Life is becoming nothing but this thinking of this damn shit...not even living our day to day life in full... ??!!??!!

Just want to ask another question, ONCE my labor is get approved since I am from non-retro country , how long does it take for me to apply for the GC.

Thanks

ImmiVictim said:
Just want to ask another question, ONCE my labor is get approved since I am from non-retro country , how long does it take for me to apply for the GC.

Thanks

Fisrt of all we do not know your are EB3 or EB2,. EB3 your PD should be before Apr 01 to file 485. If EB2 you can do that immediately

Add your signature Details while asking questions

But you need to prepare

Get a list of all documents required ( Birth Certificate, Xerx copies) serch for Document sin any 485 Forum

You need to get the Questionaire form your Lawyer and try and fill that out now. This might take some time to fill out

Plan for Mediacl examination - Try to find the approved Doctor etc

Normally depending on your speed and your Law firm speed and your Company's it might take about a month to prepare and file

Take time and prepare well.

Logic for approval of your LC

Pal_1 said:
Hi Guys,

EB3 RIR
ETA Case# P-05124-XXXXX

Looks like the Guy who has opened.assigned to NY Boxes is acting fast. Any reply h gets recenty for 45 days letter and if the PD is before June 2002 he is keeping the file open and approving quickly

There are lot of cases with 2001 and 45 days letter rplied in Jan/Feb 05 which are still struck

We cannot seem to understand how these Guys work there

This reminds of the Joke we tell about one of our Teacher in Highschool. When he gets exam papers for correction he does not want to correct them by going through all answers. He is a lazy Guy and students has a story for him as to how he will correct Eaxma papers. The Guy will draw many sqaures in a open hall with Marks such as 20/30/35/40/ 45/50/60 assigned for each square. Then he will take each Paper and standing in the front of the Hall throw them as much as he can . Which ever square the paper will land will decide the Mark ( like if it lands in 50 he will put 50 for that paper)

His Logic behind that is that if the Guy has answered all questions natuarlly the no of sheets will be more and hence it is a weighty paper which will travel well to go to high score blocks . If someone has only few sheets it will be lightweight and will not travel far and hence get small score like say 20/30

It looks like PBEC is follwoing something like this . They are opening Boxes and Throwing the application . May be they has square marked as "Keep it pending/Approve/Reject/RFE" etc and they decide based on where your petition lands

ImmiVictim said:
So I am in EB3 catagory , and the dates are 3rd 01APR01, so doest it mean that I have to wait for 4 years say supposidly if my labor comes in 2006. Please dont mind my questions, I am a layman here.

Thanks

ImmiVictim

Hey

Post details of our case first

According to my lawyer you have to wait till your priority date is current. 01APR01 is the priority date they are processing. My lawyer told me, even if I get my labor certificate I have to wait to apply for EAD till my priority date is current. But hopefully they are moving fast. Check next bulletin on 15th February.
We are in same boat. I know how painfull it is. I am always scared of loosing my job and leave the country before I even get my lc.

I am wrong. Their progress is very slow. From October to Januarry they have processed cases with prioruty date March 1st to April 1st. I don't know what to expect.

ImmiVictim said:
So I am in EB3 catagory , and the dates are 3rd 01APR01, so doest it mean that I have to wait for 4 years say supposidly if my labor comes in 2006. Please dont mind my questions, I am a layman here.

Thanks

ImmiVictim

Last edited by a moderator:
nohope_for_lc said:
According to my lawyer you have to wait till your priority date is current. 01APR01 is the priority date they are processing. My lawyer told me, even if I get my labor certificate I have to wait to apply for EAD till my priority date is current. But hopefully they are moving fast. Check next bulletin on 15th February.
We are in same boat. I know how painfull it is. I am always scared of loosing my job and leave the country before I even get my lc.

I am wrong. Their progress is very slow. From October to Januarry they have processed cases with prioruty date March 1st to April 1st. I don't know what to expect.

So does this mean that we cannot apply for EAD util the priority date is not current, and also again my question is that do we have to 4 years to apply for 485 , if that so it means that everybody is retrogressed no matter what country you belong. Loosing job is always a fear , I know, but hang in there man, eveything will come through. I am a Govt contractor and every year I pray that contract get renewed :)

ImmiVictim

What is your priority date? Why do you have to wait 4 years? If your priority date is 01APR05 you may have to wait 4 years. But if it is somtimes in 2003 you have to wait less than that, although they are not making any progress.Yes we are also retrogressed. There is nothing we can do about it.
We can only pray for miracle. If you see visa bulletin for June 2005 our status was current. But after that it is stuck in between March 2001 to April 2001.

ImmiVictim said:
So does this mean that we cannot apply for EAD util the priority date is not current, and also again my question is that do we have to 4 years to apply for 485 , if that so it means that everybody is retrogressed no matter what country you belong. Loosing job is always a fear , I know, but hang in there man, eveything will come through. I am a Govt contractor and every year I pray that contract get renewed :)

ImmiVictim