Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

45-day Letter

Hi,
My friend just called me today, she said she got her 45 day letter. I was surprised, because her PD is Feb/2006, which mines is Feb/2005, but I haven't received my 45-day letter.
Then I call PBEC, the lady got my call said my friend was tell me a lie. I laughed, because how can?! After I expressed myself in this way, she said, " then you mean I am lying?", if she wanted to scare me, she did it.
Then my friend faxed the 45-day letter to me, now I am trying to fax the letter to PBEC, to let them know that I am not lying.
After I calm down a little bit, I am thinking the difference between the two cases. The only difference between them is hers went to PBEC from State, but mines from Atlanta DOL. Will this make difference in the process?
Since it looks like no way to verify if they got my case, what I can do is come here, and asking: how many people with PD in 2004/Feb still haven't gotten their 45-day letter.
Please, let me know. Help!!!

Thanks.

saknia, Xipe Totec thanks

Thanks a lot for your wishes saknia: I hope I am there like you said, lets see what happens , I will post any updates.

Xipe Totec: thanks you too, yeah could not figureout and could not able to reach attorney too, seems waiting still continues..

sophia85 said:
Hi,
My friend just called me today, she said she got her 45 day letter. I was surprised, because her PD is Feb/2006, which mines is Feb/2005, but I haven't received my 45-day letter.
Then I call PBEC, the lady got my call said my friend was tell me a lie. I laughed, because how can?! After I expressed myself in this way, she said, " then you mean I am lying?", if she wanted to scare me, she did it.
Then my friend faxed the 45-day letter to me, now I am trying to fax the letter to PBEC, to let them know that I am not lying.
After I calm down a little bit, I am thinking the difference between the two cases. The only difference between them is hers went to PBEC from State, but mines from Atlanta DOL. Will this make difference in the process?
Since it looks like no way to verify if they got my case, what I can do is come here, and asking: how many people with PD in 2004/Feb still haven't gotten their 45-day letter.

Thanks.
I am sure you were lying about the PD of Feb/2006.

If the PD is Feb/2006, it is obviously a lie.

sophia85 said:
Hi,

Thanks.

Im planning to contact PBEC too, can you tell me what the contact number (with extension)? Thank you, I will appreciate your help.

sophia85 said:
Hi,

Thanks.

adallac said:
Im planning to contact PBEC too, can you tell me what the contact number (with extension)? Thank you, I will appreciate your help.
Sure, their phone is (484)270-1500.

Just now I made a mistake, my PD is 02/2004, my friend's is 02/2005. She received her 45-day letter, but I haven't, what could I do, where they put my case!
I really want to cry now....

Oh, they have a fax number:(484)270-1600

45-day Letter

Hi,
My friend just called me today, she said she got her 45 day letter. I was surprised, because her PD is Feb/2005, which mines is Feb/2004, but I haven't received my 45-day letter.

Thanks.

My PD is Feb 2003, i havent recd 45 days letter.
Today we saw approval for Nov 2003 case... what a mess PBEC is... :eek:
sophia85 said:
Hi,
My friend just called me today, she said she got her 45 day letter. I was surprised, because her PD is Feb/2005, which mines is Feb/2004, but I haven't received my 45-day letter.

Thanks.

Some_GreenCard said:
Thanks for letting me know, so except waiting nothing we could do? I am trying to contact the lawyer, and one of the friends suggest check with Atlanta DOL first?
What do you think?

aamchimumbai said:
Kartina,

Who told you about the "NO" waiting list for Master's candidates if they file through PERM. I know your lawyer told you....but does he have any reference. Could you please clarify....

thanks

I'm not sure how he got that info. I just asked him about possibility to switch my case and since I have no Master degree he said to hold off. He told me that If I have master it will be faster. It was based on cases that he had submitted. So Far the applicants with master degree and processed under Perm is got approval in just couples of months. I guess it because applicants with Master degree or higher is lot less than applicant with Bachelor or certificate or other skill professional.

adallac said:
Did you ask your lawyer how long it gonna take to approve LC with PD 2002? like its gonna be january 2006 or whatsoever?

For your request the difference between EB1,EB2,EB3.. here's murthy's article..
http://www.murthy.com/arc_news/a_inscla.html

Adallac thanks for your link. About your question, No one can give a sure answer regarding when the LC with PD 2002 will get approved. A month a go my lawyer did get couple approval with priority date closed to mine (I was so thrilled when I heard about that) but when I called him back to check if he get another approval after my last call, the answer is none.

I also asked if I should propose another GC for my husband since I belived he could be eligible for special talent GC. Again my lawyer told me better wait till my LC get approved intead submit a new gc for my husband. She told me that I might get LC faster then him. Anyway, right now I was preparing my self to comeback to school and get my master degree just in case my H1b didn't get approve and I can't continue to work.
So at least I can stay in US legally and buying more time preparing for the worst.

Calm down. Being stuck with the LC process for 3.5 years myself, I understand your anxiety. But I'm sure PBEC is not done with sending out 45 day letters. My friend just got his 45 letter 2 weeks ago. His PD is Feb.2003! I don't know why your friend gets the letter before you. PBEC is known for random processing and very slow processing. So, be patient. If you have your case number, you can ask your lawyer to send an inquiry to PBEC.

sophia85 said:
Hi,

Thanks.

sophia85 said:
Thanks for letting me know, so except waiting nothing we could do? I am trying to contact the lawyer, and one of the friends suggest check with Atlanta DOL first?
What do you think?

Hi Sophia, there is nothing wrong to do something instead of waiting. But don't keep your hope high because when you stuck it will hurt you more. But don't lose your hope either when you face a brick of high wall in front of you :)

and don't be upset about your friends got approval or get 45 days letter when her PD is after you.

there are a lot of people with PD back in 2002 or even 2001 still waiting for their love letters and to hear people with PD 2004 or even later already got their 45 days letter and even got LC approved is just like adding salt to the wound. NOt that we are not happy at least there is something going on from Philly but with our long wait sometimes is just to much to get truly, really or Genuinely happy for the one with later PD from us get faster approval :)

So your case scenario is not as bad as mine :)

CA SWD PD # 11/12/2002
CA approved 09/26/2003
DOL Received date #10/06/2003
45Days Love Letter : 03/10/05
45Days Love Reply : 03/18/05
Philly case# P-04320-#####

Per earlier insider info. provided by gurus like April, PBEC process regular and RIR cases in different queues. A couple of months ago, we knew that PBEC was processing 2001 -2002 cases for RIR and 2003 cases for Regular. So this is not that unusual. We got to be clear on what type of case it is.

Some_GreenCard said:

katrina17 said:
Hi Sophia, there is nothing wrong to do something instead of waiting. But don't keep your hope high because when you stuck it will hurt you more. But don't lose your hope either when you face a brick of high wall in front of you :)

and don't be upset about your friends got approval or get 45 days letter when her PD is after you.

there are a lot of people with PD back in 2002 or even 2001 still waiting for their love letters and to hear people with PD 2004 or even later already got their 45 days letter and even got LC approved is just like adding salt to the wound. NOt that we are not happy at least there is something going on from Philly but with our long wait sometimes is just to much to get truly, really or Genuinely happy for the one with later PD from us get faster approval :)
Thanks, VAhoper and Katrina17
I really need to calm down, there is no use to be panic. I contacted the lawyer just now, see what he would say.
This is such a painful process, maybe don't think of anything is better, just let time to work.
Best wishes to your gys.

This makes a difference .If you see the PBEC certification tracker in this forum you can see many of them were transferred from Phily DOL and only one (that too special handling case) which was transferred from Atlanta DOL.
Unfortunately this factor might cause additional delays if you were from a unlucky DOL !!

Hey what can we even do if PBEC decides to complete cases transferred from one DOL at a time and if Atlanta DOL being the last.Heee Ha....

Hi my case is also from Atlanta DOL.

sophia85 said:
Hi,

Thanks.

VAhoper said:
Per earlier insider info. provided by gurus like April, PBEC process regular and RIR cases in different queues. A couple of months ago, we knew that PBEC was processing 2001 -2002 cases for RIR and 2003 cases for Regular. So this is not that unusual. We got to be clear on what type of case it is.

These are old news. The latest we've told is that PBEC is still struggling with Apr 01 mess. Last time I checked with my attorney, she told me to hold my horses until March 2006 (that was 3 months ago). But now with PBEC projecting to complete Data entry by June 06, I am taking March 2006 as my best case scenario and I am prepared to wait even longer. As per what so called separate queues.....that will never happen with such a mess. From my reading some other members posts I can tell that what so called FIFO does not exist yet. My hope though is that they do follow separate queues when they decide to shift resources to processing.

as for those who applied in 2004 and 2005 and starting to feel worried......no comment just a smile :)

CA RIR June 2002
RD May 19 2003
45d rcvd last March

explanation please

Can somebody explain the abbreviations used in the replies. Like PD, RD 45 day letter, etc. I know that my papers were filed 2/04 at Harrisburg, PA. Approved by them in August 04. Was sent to Philly , not Backlog center.Then transferred to Backlog center. Got copy of 45 days notification letter in February 05 from lawyer. Called Backlog center in August, but at that time no news. It was being processed. What is really frustrating is that those who applied after I did using the new system already have their papers approved.
Thanks for any info.

I totally agree with GCSyndrome's opinion on 2004,2005 cases.Refiling in PERM is a better option.A 2004/2005 PD is not something precious to loose. (mine is March 2004 and i am trying to convince my company to do PERM for me)
Though we may need to wait for an opportuity to file 485 even after getting a real fast PERM labor i feel encouraged by thinking about the following possibilities

a) ATLANTA DOL becomes the last DOL in PBEC's lucky draw for processing in which case a 2003 case in Atlanta might be processed somewhere in 2009 Dec

AND

2006 dates becoming current in the visa bulletin

b) Selfish attorney's/lobbyists (Hey.. there are lots of people worried about retrogression and not about folks like us in backlog centers..They will try to get our support for their cause..Some even will do us a favour by suggesting to click their link to get free cameras,ipods...) succeeding in breaking the FIFO and removing the visa retrogression.

GCSyndrome said:
These are old news. The latest we've told is that PBEC is still struggling with Apr 01 mess. Last time I checked with my attorney, she told me to hold my horses until March 2006 (that was 3 months ago). But now with PBEC projecting to complete Data entry by June 06, I am taking March 2006 as my best case scenario and I am prepared to wait even longer. As per what so called separate queues.....that will never happen with such a mess. From my reading some other members posts I can tell that what so called FIFO does not exist yet. My hope though is that they do follow separate queues when they decide to shift resources to processing.

as for those who applied in 2004 and 2005 and starting to feel worried......no comment just a smile :)

CA RIR June 2002
RD May 19 2003
45d rcvd last March