Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

7th or 8th year of extension.

Hi, there are so many of my friends who either on 7 or 8 or 9th year of H1B extension, I am also 7th year of extension. Let me know what else you want to know about this. GL
ben123 said:
HI all,
Thanks for the replies.
Actually, I am in talks with the congressman about the delays in labor certification. They are under imression that there are not many people are on 7th year H1b extension and definitely there are no people with 8th H1b extension. As per them, labor HAS to be certified to go onto 8th year! How naive ! And, apparently, when they inquired at PBEC, they were told that 2002 cases are being processed and all of them will be processed very soon! liars!

As I mentioned before in forums, I have been writing to the senators and the congressmen, also to the "higher" authorities. Most of them got back to me. This particular office has been working with me thru 3 calls before and I am expecting next call in next week. Though, so far, nothing fruitful has come, but at least they are trying to listen to us. May be because those people at PBEC give wrong picture when inquired and the offices like these believe them ;they are not aware of the reality!
So, I have many cases to quote! At least they will know the reality. Guys with 8th year and beyond, I might inquire your further details depending on how my next phone call goes.
Let's hope some office has what it takes to clear the backlog! :rolleyes:
Thanks again !

My 8th year extension is to be filed in few days...

raj2004 said:
Hi, there are so many of my friends who either on 7 or 8 or 9th year of H1B extension, I am also 7th year of extension. Let me know what else you want to know about this. GL

i am on my 8th yr extension from california

raj2004 said:

i am on my 8th yr extension from california

ben123 said:
Anybody here with 8th or 9th year H1 extension already approved?

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT 7th YEAR EXTENSION. ONLY 8th year and beyond. If you are on 8th year or beyond, I need to talk to you.

Please come forward, at least PM me. Hey, this MIGHT even help you in some way.

Thanks

Entering 9th Year extension

Hi ben123,

From Jan 30th 2006, I am in 9th year extension. Still my labor is at PBEC and no approval as so far.

jdk98
CTSWA - Non RIR - Jan 2003
P-05145-3****
45 days letter received and replied on 7th NOV 2005

ben123 said:
HI all,
Thanks for the replies.
Actually, I am in talks with the congressman about the delays in labor certification. They are under imression that there are not many people are on 7th year H1b extension and definitely there are no people with 8th H1b extension. As per them, labor HAS to be certified to go onto 8th year! How naive ! And, apparently, when they inquired at PBEC, they were told that 2002 cases are being processed and all of them will be processed very soon! liars!

Please no personal comments here

zeifa said:
you guys:

What I can tell you about Philly BEC is They all are full of "Spanish Sluts" (for example DMV) or Illegal immigrant working like other places( Walmart) and do not have much time for do the job properly or else do not know how to read english..... what else that could be guys?

Zeifa,

We all understand your frustration due to PBEC inefficiency. But I would request to refrain from personal or community based comments. Let us just concentrate "PBEC IS INEFFICIENT".

How do extensions matter?

Ben,
I applaud your efforts towards communicating with the people in govt. but one thing I did not understand was, that how does the no. of years of extension play a role here ?
I would think that the more critical question would be how many years has it been since the case was filed for labor approval. People who filed early may be in line for 5 years without filing an extension and have waited for a longer duration that someone who filed in his 5th year and now is in his/her 8th/9th year of extensions.
Do you mean to say that the person who has applied early should be penalised or handled differently than the person who has filed late ? :confused:
I would say that we should bring to the table the dates for how long we have been waiting to see the labor approved. It makes no sense to wait this long as the market conditions keep changing in this country and as filial as it is, it is hard to keep a job and see very little advancement in one's career during this time. It is slavery all over again. :mad:

I am near DC and willing to participate in any registered demonstration for the effort of goading the <$@#$%&*> no-good-half-cent-nincompoops sitting at Philly. I am already writing to the local senators but that is not going to buy us anything. We need to have more press coverage. I am sure if we can get their attention and interviews, it might make a little difference.

Just my do paise :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Un-welcomed message

zeifa said:
you guys:

What I can tell you about Philly BEC is They all are full of "Spanish Sluts" (for example DMV) or Illegal immigrant working like other places( Walmart) and do not have much time for do the job properly or else do not know how to read english..... what else that could be guys?

Please curse the PBEC employees and contractors but not any perticular community. I am sure PBEC employees has whites, blacks, spanish, indians, chinese and everything in between.
And I am so sure they don't have illegal immigrants working there.

The only one needs to blame is PBEC's director Stephen Stefanco. No reason to curse others if you take a look of DBEC. Same contractor, same contract, same cases. Why we get two results here? It is because the management difference.

sk0902 said:
Please curse the PBEC employees and contractors but not any perticular community. I am sure PBEC employees has whites, blacks, spanish, indians, chinese and everything in between.
And I am so sure they don't have illegal immigrants working there.

Filing for 8th Year soon

Hi Ben,

I'm on my 7th year which expires may2006. my company attorneys just requested me to fill up the paper work for my 8th year extension. let me know if anything is required

Category: EB2-RIR
SWA: Virginia
SWA Receipt Date (Priority Date): October 31,2002
Forwarded to Philadelphia Regional DOL on June 22, 2004
BEC Case Number: P-04282-15423

in 8th year..

ben123 said:
HI all,
Thanks for the replies.

As I mentioned before in forums, I have been writing to the senators and the congressmen, also to the "higher" authorities. Most of them got back to me. This particular office has been working with me thru 3 calls before and I am expecting next call in next week. Though, so far, nothing fruitful has come, but at least they are trying to listen to us. May be because those people at PBEC give wrong picture when inquired and the offices like these believe them ;they are not aware of the reality!
So, I have many cases to quote! At least they will know the reality. Guys with 8th year and beyond, I might inquire your further details depending on how my next phone call goes.
Let's hope some office has what it takes to clear the backlog! :rolleyes:
Thanks again !

Will be applying for 9th year very soon... VA - July 2002.

another MD 2001 approval

My friend got his approval from Philly last month. Below are the details which I know. I'll post more specifics when I get them.

PD: July 2001
MD RIR EB2
BEC Case # : P-04-259-xxxxx
45-day letter received : Sometime in early Sept
Approval Received : Oct 2005
Actual Approval date : ????

Applying for 8yr soon

Hi Ben,

I'm on my 7th year which expires in mar2006. Last week I sent my documents to my attorney to file for my 8th year extension. Please let me know what you have.

Category: EB2-RIR
SWA: Philadelphia
SWA: Receipt Date (Priority Date): March 19,2004
Forwarded to Philadelphia Regional DOL in Oct, 2004
45 Days letter Received: Feb 8, 2005
45 Days replied: Feb 15, 2005
BEC Case Number: P-04293-*****

RE: do extensions matter?

My efforts are aimed at clearing the backlog, and getting the GC as early as possible, for myself and for all. But the person who called went deep into the extension game unlike previous calls, when I mentioned about our 7th year extension, Clearly he had some assumptions about H1 only till 7th year and not beyond. But when I told it was not so and thre are many people even on 8th and 9th year, because of the backlog, he was like " what ..'?

But as long as people are ready to do something and try to help us get out of the hole, I really do not mind giving the details about it. It only opens their eyes. Besides, the feedback given by the PBEC is so biased and wrong, if we tell them the truth supported by actaul cases, it should help us....
That's why I came up to the forums to know about approx no of case 8th year and beyond.

And ya, H1b 7th or 8th year should not matter,and it does not matter to me, my thrust while talking to them is :"clear the backlog and get us the GC...."

Hope this helps.

nimraj said:
Ben,
I applaud your efforts towards communicating with the people in govt. but one thing I did not understand was, that how does the no. of years of extension play a role here ?
I would think that the more critical question would be how many years has it been since the case was filed for labor approval. People who filed early may be in line for 5 years without filing an extension and have waited for a longer duration that someone who filed in his 5th year and now is in his/her 8th/9th year of extensions.
Do you mean to say that the person who has applied early should be penalised or handled differently than the person who has filed late ? :confused:
I would say that we should bring to the table the dates for how long we have been waiting to see the labor approved. It makes no sense to wait this long as the market conditions keep changing in this country and as filial as it is, it is hard to keep a job and see very little advancement in one's career during this time. It is slavery all over again. :mad:

I am near DC and willing to participate in any registered demonstration for the effort of goading the <$@#$%&*> no-good-half-cent-nincompoops sitting at Philly. I am already writing to the local senators but that is not going to buy us anything. We need to have more press coverage. I am sure if we can get their attention and interviews, it might make a little difference.

Just my do paise :D

Aug'01 MD approval....

According to my lawyer he received an approval from PBEC for an Aug'01 MD case. Do not have further details.

Aug'01 MD approval....

According to my lawyer he received an approval from PBEC for an Aug'01 MD case. Do not have further details.

raj2004 said:

I am on 8 th year extension already and will be filing for 9th year extension soon. I have another friend in exactly the same situation.

I totally agree on this one ...

We need a clear deadline, not infinite postpone ... :confused:

ben123 said:
My efforts are aimed at clearing the backlog, and getting the GC as early as possible, for myself and for all. But the person who called went deep into the extension game unlike previous calls, when I mentioned about our 7th year extension, Clearly he had some assumptions about H1 only till 7th year and not beyond. But when I told it was not so and thre are many people even on 8th and 9th year, because of the backlog, he was like " what ..'?

But as long as people are ready to do something and try to help us get out of the hole, I really do not mind giving the details about it. It only opens their eyes. Besides, the feedback given by the PBEC is so biased and wrong, if we tell them the truth supported by actaul cases, it should help us....
That's why I came up to the forums to know about approx no of case 8th year and beyond.

And ya, H1b 7th or 8th year should not matter,and it does not matter to me, my thrust while talking to them is :"clear the backlog and get us the GC...."

Hope this helps.