Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

PBEC Approval

Hey guys,

One of my colleagues here in FL got his LC approval today.

His priority date was Oct 2002 and he had replied to his 45-day letter in Oct 2005.

Thank you.

Thank you. You are the good guy!

a_to_z_gc said:
Minutes of today's meeting with Senator Dianne Feinstein's field rep:

1) I explained the inequity in the system with PERM/FIFO etc.
2) Ill Effects of not getting labor certification.
3) Very specific issues with PBEC.
4) Explained that litigation efforts have failed.

The meeting went very well. They listened to the issue with great interest and sincerity and promised to do following things in a timely manner:
1) Contact Immigration officials in DC and explain this issue about PBEC.
2) Get all the details from my paper and ask for more details, if necessary.
3) Get Dianne involved either to raise this issue in Senate or issue a new ammendment.
4) Try to get one/many-on-one w/Dianne(Currently she is very busy). But the top staff underneath her is going to get involved immediately.

Things I need to give to their office:

1) Some official DOL statement that BECs were supposed to clear the backlogs in 24-30 months.This will help them to take this matter in Senate.Can anyone find this and get me the link/document.
2) Any other info which their DC office asks.

By Dec 1st I should be hearing their next update.

Shall keep you posted...

Neverending story

trackGCFlorida said:
Was his case in RIR or Regular !!!

Is this ordeal ever going to end #$%^@#$#^%#% It used to be 3-6 months earlier. Now its 3+ years and counting...
Sometimes there are delays and then measures are taken to provide relief and eliminate backlogs. In this case the measures taken to provide relief and eliminate backlog caused more backlog. Deliberate or unintentional - I dont know. I dont even know if I am interested anymore in the freaking GC. Now its one center stuck up and another center churning labors in random order. Its a mess. This whole system is a mess. Each GC is supposed to fill a position for which no able person exsits in this big country of 300+ million. Make sense?? How can an employer advertise now for a position which can be only filled after 5 years. Either GC should be given in a short definate timeframe or it has no meaning coz that job position has been lying vacant for 5+ years waiting for labor, 140 and EAD at a minimum. Makes no sense.

As per current laws and processing timeframes, an employer should predict what requirements he will have 5 years later and start labor process now. Does it make sense??

Traditionally Labor is the easy part. 140/485 are tricky. We are caught up with Labor. Lets see whats in store for us for the next phase once labor is done.

People who applied in places like Chicago, Maine.... in 2002/2003 thru one desk consulting companies and have GC/AC21 portability now - I salute you.
If the system sucks, exploit its weakness. For people like me stuck with their employers, its not over yet. More testing times lie ahead.
(just venting out my frustration)

coolguy11 said:
Is this ordeal ever going to end #$%^@#$#^%#% It used to be 3-6 months earlier. Now its 3+ years and counting...
Sometimes there are delays and then measures are taken to provide relief and eliminate backlogs. In this case the measures taken to provide relief and eliminate backlog caused more backlog. Deliberate or unintentional - I dont know. I dont even know if I am interested anymore in the freaking GC. Now its one center stuck up and another center churning labors in random order. Its a mess. This whole system is a mess. Each GC is supposed to fill a position for which no able person exsits in this big country of 300+ million. Make sense?? How can an employer advertise now for a position which can be only filled after 5 years. Either GC should be given in a short definate timeframe or it has no meaning coz that job position has been lying vacant for 5+ years waiting for labor, 140 and EAD at a minimum. Makes no sense.

As per current laws and processing timeframes, an employer should predict what requirements he will have 5 years later and start labor process now. Does it make sense??

Traditionally Labor is the easy part. 140/485 are tricky. We are caught up with Labor. Lets see whats in store for us for the next phase once labor is done.

People who applied in places like Chicago, Maine.... in 2002/2003 thru one desk consulting companies and have GC/AC21 portability now - I salute you.
If the system sucks, exploit its weakness. For people like me stuck with their employers, its not over yet. More testing times lie ahead.
(just venting out my frustration)

I sympatize with you my friend. We are all in the same boat. I can identify with you. Right now I am placing my focus on going back to school to get my MBA so I will have something else to concentrate on. Not only that, but it will prepare me for the next job

Hey, Can u provide the case number, if you have it?

ashokt said:
Hey guys,

One of my colleagues here in FL got his LC approval today.

His priority date was Oct 2002 and he had replied to his 45-day letter in Oct 2005.

Dallas working

welcomegc said:
Hey, Can u provide the case number, if you have it?

Dallas is processing Nov/03 now. Its even processing the ones in the middle that were left out. At least they are working.

At this time I dont give a rats ass as to which order PBEC chooses to process appications. I just want to see them work. I dont mind seeing some random approvals. If making a queue based on PD is such a difficult task that takes more than an year (and still counting), then who in Hells bathroom cares about orderly processing. The sooner somebody gets out of this PBEC mess, the sooner they can start worring about retrogression issues joining our comrades in the struggle for independence again oppression from employers.

To all H1/H4 slaves caught in PBEC mess - we are screwed.

CoolGuy, live upto your name man

I didnt think cool guys panic. Yes, everyone here agrees with what you are saying. Hopefully, spitting it out here in this forum helps you find peace of mind. Other than that, we have nothing to track and nothing to report here.
I know is unfair to tell you to be patient, when you see ppl with same process getting thru much faster.
Some things in life are meant to be a certain way. Anyways whats your PD. I have given myself another deadline of March 2006. Hopefully by then congress will pass some sort of imigration bill as well, or at least get ready to talk about immigration.
Take it easy, GC (or lack of it) is not the end of the world.
frog

Excellent effort

Excellent effort, we all should be thankful to you for taking the lead in meeting people at the PBEC.

a_to_z_gc said:
Minutes of today's meeting with Senator Dianne Feinstein's field rep:

1) I explained the inequity in the system with PERM/FIFO etc.
2) Ill Effects of not getting labor certification.
3) Very specific issues with PBEC.
4) Explained that litigation efforts have failed.

The meeting went very well. They listened to the issue with great interest and sincerity and promised to do following things in a timely manner:
1) Contact Immigration officials in DC and explain this issue about PBEC.
2) Get all the details from my paper and ask for more details, if necessary.
3) Get Dianne involved either to raise this issue in Senate or issue a new ammendment.
4) Try to get one/many-on-one w/Dianne(Currently she is very busy). But the top staff underneath her is going to get involved immediately.

Things I need to give to their office:

1) Some official DOL statement that BECs were supposed to clear the backlogs in 24-30 months.This will help them to take this matter in Senate.Can anyone find this and get me the link/document.
2) Any other info which their DC office asks.

By Dec 1st I should be hearing their next update.

Shall keep you posted...

Thanks to everyone for the support and kind words. I got the link with the details.Let's wait and see what her office staff does for us. They sounded very supportive and proactive.I shall be touching base with them again on Dec 1st.

In the meantime, let's continue our effort through other means too. Let's keep moving, remember there is no silver bullet for this situation we all are in!We got to keep trying in all ways, we possibly can...

Thanks.

Pareshan4GC said:
I cant tell you how much everybody appreciates what you have done. Really good job and you should be proud of yourself.

File PERM while keeping old Priority date???

Guys,
Is it possible to file under PERM substituting the old RIR (pending at PBEC) application? If so, can one keep the old priority date?

Any ideas?

This is conditionally possible

You can do this conditionally:

1. Employer address must be same.
2. Details mentioned in original RIR application must match new PERM application, including skill zone - talk to your lawyer on this.

Try it out. Might help you.

GCkaIntezar said:
Guys,
Is it possible to file under PERM substituting the old RIR (pending at PBEC) application? If so, can one keep the old priority date?

Any ideas?

DBEC is approving Dec 2003 applications

Guys,

DBEC started approving Dec 2003 PD applications!!!

No signs of approvals at all from our nasty PBEC.

Just now called them and nobody is picking up the phone. I guess nobody is working at PBEC and we have to wait like this foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... :mad:

It really sucks :confused:

What is their phone number??

srinivas_o said:
Guys,

DBEC started approving Dec 2003 PD applications!!!

No signs of approvals at all from our nasty PBEC.

Just now called them and nobody is picking up the phone. I guess nobody is working at PBEC and we have to wait like this foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... :mad:

It really sucks :confused:

I too am doing some research on this. Don't know if it is possible or not. But it's worth finding out.
PBECIsKillingMe said:
You can do this conditionally:

1. Employer address must be same.
2. Details mentioned in original RIR application must match new PERM application, including skill zone - talk to your lawyer on this.

Try it out. Might help you.

a_to_z_gc said:
Thanks to everyone for the support and kind words. I got the link with the details.Let's wait and see what her office staff does for us. They sounded very supportive and proactive.I shall be touching base with them again on Dec 1st.

In the meantime, let's continue our effort through other means too. Let's keep moving, remember there is no silver bullet for this situation we all are in!We got to keep trying in all ways, we possibly can...

Thanks.
a_to_z_gc, great work and we really appreciate your efforts in leading this cause.

On the side note, I am still not sure how much these guys can help. They are paid by politicians to talk sweet to their people. Although, my words are little discouraging but I guess we don't have any more choices left. Let's not get carried away by their sweet, re-assuring words but ask for some concrete results.

Guys, if needed be prepared to join our hands with a_to_z_gc in this effort.

Good Luck all,

PS: Send USPS letters to state Senators if you have not done so.

I am interestred in the reason why Stephen Stefanco made the PBEC so slow. What is he thinking about? Any psych reason behind this?

whereismy_gc said:
a_to_z_gc, great work and we really appreciate your efforts in leading this cause.

On the side note, I am still not sure how much these guys can help. They are paid by politicians to talk sweet to their people. Although, my words are little discouraging but I guess we don't have any more choices left. Let's not get carried away by their sweet, re-assuring words but ask for some concrete results.

Guys, if needed be prepared to join our hands with a_to_z_gc in this effort.

Good Luck all,

PS: Send USPS letters to state Senators if you have not done so.