Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

eefrog said:
I didnt think cool guys panic. Yes, everyone here agrees with what you are saying. Hopefully, spitting it out here in this forum helps you find peace of mind. Other than that, we have nothing to track and nothing to report here.
I know is unfair to tell you to be patient, when you see ppl with same process getting thru much faster.
Some things in life are meant to be a certain way. Anyways whats your PD. I have given myself another deadline of March 2006. Hopefully by then congress will pass some sort of imigration bill as well, or at least get ready to talk about immigration.
Take it easy, GC (or lack of it) is not the end of the world.
frog

I totally understand... I gave a deadline of december 2005 and it is here. no labor whatsoever. with my pd being oct2003 with the good ole atlanta, i dont forsee it anytime soon (may 2007 may be:)... s

First update ur signature lol.... bcos most ppl see signature too..

No offense intended...

njhorrors said:
I recvd my 45 day letter today. Pleae update the tracker.

Last edited by a moderator:
DOL Announces $2.65 Million Penalty for H-1B LCA Violations

News Release

ESA News Release: [11/21/2005]
Contact Name: Brad Mitchell
Phone Number: (312) 353-6976
Release Number: 05-1909-CHI

Southfield, Mich., Computer Staffing Firm to Pay $2.65 Million In Back Wages and Penalties for Immigration Law Violations

DETROIT— Computech Inc., a Southfield, Mich., firm that places computer professionals at locations throughout the United States has agreed to pay $2,250,000 in back wages to 232 computer professionals and a $400,000 fine to settle immigration law violations, the U.S. Labor Department announced today.

An investigation by the Labor Department's Wage and Hour Division found that Computech brought non-immigrant H-1B workers into the U.S., but failed to pay them the minimum required wage rates in the areas where they were employed. The investigation also disclosed that Computech frequently “benched” the workers without compensation contrary to the rules of the H-1B program.

“The Department of Labor aggressively enforces the law to ensure that temporary foreign workers are compensated fully and fairly,” said Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao. “Abuse of the temporary foreign worker program is not tolerated and violators, as this case shows, are vigorously pursued.”

The settlement, approved by a U.S. Labor Department administrative law judge, orders the company to pay $2,250,000 to 232 foreign workers and a $400,000 fine in addition to the back wages. The company is also prohibited from participation in the H-1B visa program for 18 months.

The H-1B visa program allows foreign workers to enter and work temporarily in the United States in professional level jobs such as computer programmers, engineers, medical doctors and teachers. H-1B workers must be paid at least the same wage rates and benefits as those paid to U.S. workers already doing the same job in the same area.

Computech contracts with other firms to supply computer professionals who work on the premises of those firms. It has customers across the U.S., with the largest numbers of its workers in Michigan, Illinois, California, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Minnesota.

The Wage and Hour Division enforces the H-1B wage provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act, in addition to other federal laws pertaining to wage payments. For more information please visit www.dol.gov or call toll free 1-866-4-USA-DOL.

letters to the AILA Liaison Committee

Folks, let's write letters to the AILA Liaison Committee, they might be the only communication channel between the DOL/BEC's and the community.

Last year, the committee was given a tour of the PBEC facility and had a meeting with the DOL regarding the processes and methodology.

I think that after one year, it's time for the Committee to go back again and ask what the F is going on there.

The members are:

Fran Berger, Dyann DelVecchio, Cheryl Lenz-Calvo, Marketa Lindt, Laura Mazel, Elissa McGovern, Rebecca Sigmund, Adan Vega, Cora Tekach (AILA National Office)

You should submit your letter to:

AILA-DOL Liaison Committee
c/o 918 F St NW
Washington, DC 20004

The idea is to ask the committee to push the DOL to disclosure facts/figures/processes, etc, not just the vague "please process faster" request, ok ?

If someone needs an example, based on my letter, I can post it here.

cantstandit said:
The members are:

Fran Berger, Dyann DelVecchio, Cheryl Lenz-Calvo, Marketa Lindt, Laura Mazel, Elissa McGovern, Rebecca Sigmund, Adan Vega, Cora Tekach (AILA National Office)

You should submit your letter to:

AILA-DOL Liaison Committee
c/o 918 F St NW
Washington, DC 20004

The idea is to ask the committee to push the DOL to disclosure facts/figures/processes, etc, not just the vague "please process faster" request, ok ?

If someone needs an example, based on my letter, I can post it here.

It would be great if you could post your letter.

need desperate help

Nothing to do with Philly BEC..
pls dont read ahead if u r not interested.
posting here becos I've been living with this thread for the past 2yrs

All immi gurus...

need your help and ideas about my situation...

I am academically a civil engr with IT experience out of US. When I came here I joined back as a Civil Engr..I have been currently laid off and plan to join a IT consulting company....and in the process of filing/extending my H1, btw, I am on the 7th yr of mt H1...

Now...will there be any problem filing thru an IT company..? I will get my credentials evaluted with both civil and computers background...

Pls gurus...any ideas pls post...

Depserately looking out for help....

I Won't Suggest

I would not suggest you to change proffesional area before you get GC.

StressTestInUSA said:
Nothing to do with Philly BEC..
pls dont read ahead if u r not interested.
posting here becos I've been living with this thread for the past 2yrs

All immi gurus...

need your help and ideas about my situation...

I am academically a civil engr with IT experience out of US. When I came here I joined back as a Civil Engr..I have been currently laid off and plan to join a IT consulting company....and in the process of filing/extending my H1, btw, I am on the 7th yr of mt H1...

Now...will there be any problem filing thru an IT company..? I will get my credentials evaluted with both civil and computers background...

Pls gurus...any ideas pls post...

Depserately looking out for help....

Sign changed.

None taken my man.
I did not wait to change my sign before posting the news.

immidude74 said:
First update ur signature lol.... bcos most ppl see signature too..

No offense intended...

Any body here with 8th or 9th year H1 extension?

Anybody here with 8th or 9th year H1 extension already approved?

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT 7th YEAR EXTENSION. ONLY 8th year and beyond. If you are on 8th year or beyond, I need to talk to you.

Please come forward, at least PM me. Hey, this MIGHT even help you in some way.

Thanks

I will be in my 8th year next year.

Hi Ben123,
I will be in 8th beginning next year. What is it that you want to talk about beyond 7th year extension?
frog

ben123 said:

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT 7th YEAR EXTENSION. ONLY 8th year and beyond. If you are on 8th year or beyond, I need to talk to you.

Thanks

Paperwork for 8th year going in December for expiration in February. In labor queue for second time. Just passed third anniversary. Would be interested in hearing anything that might be of help.

ben123 said:
Thanks

I sent you a PM as well. I'm currently on my 8th year.
Please let me know if you need any additional details. Would be interested in hearing what you have.

Hi Ben,

Going for 9th year pretty soon.
You can ask any question. May be i am in a position to clear your doubts.
Thanks

CT RIR
PD : july 2003
45 day letter : Not yet

8th year and beyond......

hey ben,
me too on 8th year......
Let me know what you have.

PD April 2003
FL --- ATL DOL

About the 8th year and beyond..

HI all,
Thanks for the replies.
Actually, I am in talks with the congressman about the delays in labor certification. They are under imression that there are not many people are on 7th year H1b extension and definitely there are no people with 8th H1b extension. As per them, labor HAS to be certified to go onto 8th year! How naive ! And, apparently, when they inquired at PBEC, they were told that 2002 cases are being processed and all of them will be processed very soon! liars!

As I mentioned before in forums, I have been writing to the senators and the congressmen, also to the "higher" authorities. Most of them got back to me. This particular office has been working with me thru 3 calls before and I am expecting next call in next week. Though, so far, nothing fruitful has come, but at least they are trying to listen to us. May be because those people at PBEC give wrong picture when inquired and the offices like these believe them ;they are not aware of the reality!
So, I have many cases to quote! At least they will know the reality. Guys with 8th year and beyond, I might inquire your further details depending on how my next phone call goes.
Let's hope some office has what it takes to clear the backlog! :rolleyes:
Thanks again !

Last edited by a moderator:
ben123 said:
HI all,
Thanks for the replies.
Actually, I am in talks with the congressman about the delays in labor certification. They are under imression that there are not many people are on 7th year H1b extension and definitely there are no people with 8th H1b extension. As per them, labor HAS to be certified to go onto 8th year! How naive ! And, apparently, when they inquired at PBEC, they were told that 2002 cases are being processed and all of them will be processed very soon! liars!

As I mentioned before in forums, I have been writing to the senators and the congressmen, also to the "higher" authorities. Most of them got back to me. This particular office has been working with me thru 3 calls before and I am expecting next call in next week. Though, so far, nothing fruitful has come, but at least they are trying to listen to us. May be because those people at PBEC give wrong picture when inquired and the offices like these believe them ;they are not aware of the reality!
So, I have many cases to quote! At least they will know the reality. Guys with 8th year and beyond, I might inquire your further details depending on how my next phone call goes.
Let's hope some office has what it takes to clear the backlog! :rolleyes:
Thanks again !

Hey Ben,

Two of my friends on beyond 8 years. One is from NJ and is on 8th year, the other is from Virginia and on his 9th year!

any new approvals?

Hi Guys
I have'nt seen new approvals for a long time.Does any body have an idea what month Phili is processing?Are they processing at all? :mad: