Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

eaky said:
Even though you call BEC about your case, they will ask you whether you are an employer or employee. I tried both. Employee = they are not allow to answer any question, only employer and a rep lawyer. Employer = they forward to the answering machine and the same mesage like 1 year ago. If you tried it and get answer. Please tell us right away.

EAKY

That is what my concern is, when one goes to meet in person then PBEC personnel may say that LC status cannot be told to applicant. Just think about it over phone you may say anything but when it comes to meeting in person things will be different.

H.R. 4241 PASSED. Our effort paid off, but more action needed

[H.R. 4241 PASSED. Our effort paid off, but more action needed]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To re-iterate, Bill S.1932 deals with Budge Reconciliation and its immigration packet has a clause that allows filing I-485 regardless of visa number availability as well as obtaining EAD and Advanced Parole with the pending I-485.

Though S. 1932 was passed on 11/3/05 in the Senate and its similar House version H.R. 4241 barely passed on 11/18 (217-215). The immigration clause in S.1932 can't be enacted and acted upon unless it is approved by both the Senate and the House. What's the next legislative step you might ask?

Conference Committee consisted of Senators and House Representatives still need to reconcile the differences between H.R. 4241 and S. 1932. The process of drafting the uniform bill could potentially leave out the clause relevant in relieving visa retrogression.

Everyone looking at this list should help out and write/fax/call the Congressional delegates in the Senate and the House because anti-immigration force would also lobby hard to get the Congressman to not inclulde the clause related to resolving visa retrogression, which many readers in this forum desperately need.

Please ask your friends and family members (i.e. parents, spouse, brothers and sisters) to write/fax/phone to your Congressional Delegates TODAY to show the support of S.1932.

There is a free service provided at http://www.IsnAmerica.org that allows you to efficiently send however many faxes to members of the Senate/House using the WebFax Service. The registration only takes a minute and you can send the faxes to ALL Senators and House of Representatives in your state who are undecided or pro-immigration with just a simple click of a button. My friend and I have used it and it works nicely.

For your information, the list below shows the leaders in the House and Senate and they may have profound influence on the committee member selection as Speaker of the House names the members for the conference. Since the WebFax can easily fax to all members of the Senate and the House, it is worth faxing to all members in your state and then call up the leaders at Congressional switchboard at 202-224-3121 to show your support and express your concerns.

***** LEADERS IN THE HOUSE *****
- Dennis Hastert (R-IL) -- Speaker of the House
- Roy Blunt (R-MO) -- Majority Leader
- Deborah Pryce (R-OH) -- Republican Conference Chair
- Jim Nussle (R-IA) -- Chair of Budget Committee Chair
- Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) -- Chair of Judiciary Committee
- Lamar Smith (R-TX) -- Senior Member of the Judiciary Committee

***** LEADERS IN THE SENATE *****
- Bill Frist (R-TN) -- Majority Leader
- Mitch McConnell (R-KY) -- Majority Whip
- Jon Kyl (R-AZ) -- Republican Policy Committee Chair
- Arlen Specter (R-PA) -- Chair of the Judiciary Committee
- Judd Gregg (R-NH) -- Chair of the Budget Committee
(source - Hammond Law Group update)

It will be tremendous help if all readers of the forum send the faxes (from states covering the leaders as well) because the anti-immigration lobbyists might have similar tools and/or better experience in organizing their campaigns.

Thanks!!

If we started raising awareness for all the World Problems in this thread, it might be a mess. Don't you think so ?

Providing information is different thing, but keep on coming back with retrogression problem is coming on to my nerves, particularly when you guys (not you particularly, but in general yahoo tech workers group, isnamerica...) are so selfish you haven't mentioned single word about BEC and labor certificate problem.

I messaged tech_workers yahoo group to mention BEC problem along with other issues. Nobody even bothered to respond my message. Then how you expect us to forget our woes and start supporting your issues. We barely could find person to help us out and you try to divert them away from real issue of this thread.

You already fooled us by making us support "h1b and L1 fees" bill. Don't start it again. We all in PBEC are really at critical stage, so please stay away from selfish or irrelevant (to this thread) agendas.

This is great news for all of us. I think our collective efforts have atleast shown us some hope in this long journey. I have done my bit sending letters and faxes to all the listed senators.... This is the time.... to hit the nail on its head !!!

Choclito said:
[H.R. 4241 PASSED. Our effort paid off, but more action needed]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To re-iterate, Bill S.1932 deals with Budge Reconciliation and its immigration packet has a clause that allows filing I-485 regardless of visa number availability as well as obtaining EAD and Advanced Parole with the pending I-485.

Though S. 1932 was passed on 11/3/05 in the Senate and its similar House version H.R. 4241 barely passed on 11/18 (217-215). The immigration clause in S.1932 can't be enacted and acted upon unless it is approved by both the Senate and the House. What's the next legislative step you might ask?

Conference Committee consisted of Senators and House Representatives still need to reconcile the differences between H.R. 4241 and S. 1932. The process of drafting the uniform bill could potentially leave out the clause relevant in relieving visa retrogression.

Everyone looking at this list should help out and write/fax/call the Congressional delegates in the Senate and the House because anti-immigration force would also lobby hard to get the Congressman to not inclulde the clause related to resolving visa retrogression, which many readers in this forum desperately need.

Please ask your friends and family members (i.e. parents, spouse, brothers and sisters) to write/fax/phone to your Congressional Delegates TODAY to show the support of S.1932.

There is a free service provided at http://www.IsnAmerica.org that allows you to efficiently send however many faxes to members of the Senate/House using the WebFax Service. The registration only takes a minute and you can send the faxes to ALL Senators and House of Representatives in your state who are undecided or pro-immigration with just a simple click of a button. My friend and I have used it and it works nicely.

For your information, the list below shows the leaders in the House and Senate and they may have profound influence on the committee member selection as Speaker of the House names the members for the conference. Since the WebFax can easily fax to all members of the Senate and the House, it is worth faxing to all members in your state and then call up the leaders at Congressional switchboard at 202-224-3121 to show your support and express your concerns.

***** LEADERS IN THE HOUSE *****
- Dennis Hastert (R-IL) -- Speaker of the House
- Roy Blunt (R-MO) -- Majority Leader
- Deborah Pryce (R-OH) -- Republican Conference Chair
- Jim Nussle (R-IA) -- Chair of Budget Committee Chair
- Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) -- Chair of Judiciary Committee
- Lamar Smith (R-TX) -- Senior Member of the Judiciary Committee

***** LEADERS IN THE SENATE *****
- Bill Frist (R-TN) -- Majority Leader
- Mitch McConnell (R-KY) -- Majority Whip
- Jon Kyl (R-AZ) -- Republican Policy Committee Chair
- Arlen Specter (R-PA) -- Chair of the Judiciary Committee
- Judd Gregg (R-NH) -- Chair of the Budget Committee
(source - Hammond Law Group update)

It will be tremendous help if all readers of the forum send the faxes (from states covering the leaders as well) because the anti-immigration lobbyists might have similar tools and/or better experience in organizing their campaigns.

Thanks!!

USCISisMockery,

I totally agree with you. We need focus on the PBEC issue. It will be useless for us without labor. We need to keep the pressure on the PBEC and let more people aware our situation. I have faxed, emailed and wrote letter to news media and senate office. Let's stand up and make our voice loud.

USCISisMockery said:
If we started raising awareness for all the World Problems in this thread, it might be a mess. Don't you think so ?

Providing information is different thing, but keep on coming back with retrogression problem is coming on to my nerves, particularly when you guys (not you particularly, but in general yahoo tech workers group, isnamerica...) are so selfish you haven't mentioned single word about BEC and labor certificate problem.

I messaged tech_workers yahoo group to mention BEC problem along with other issues. Nobody even bothered to respond my message. Then how you expect us to forget our woes and start supporting your issues. We barely could find person to help us out and you try to divert them away from real issue of this thread.

You already fooled us by making us support "h1b and L1 fees" bill. Don't start it again. We all in PBEC are really at critical stage, so please stay away from selfish or irrelevant (to this thread) agendas.

ladude10 said:
From which state? what is your PD?

Sorry to reply you late, Here is all information, could any one please update my info to log....
--------------------------
Filed from: DE, Oct2003 (EB2/RIR)
Forwarded to PBEC: Mar'2005
45 Day's letter: July 20, 2005
Replied: Aug 4, 2005
ETA Case No: P-05123-*****

Anything else you need....???? I have one question, is occupation play any role for approval?

45-day letter received.

I posted this message in the NY SESA group .. . no reply over there. Just tell me how the cut-off date will affect us. Thanks.

Received 45-day letter dated Nov 10, 2005. Lawyer will respond soon. My details are as follows. I apologize for not keeping up, but can somebody explain what exactlythe cut-off date for 485 business is. What exactly does a cut-off date of Mar-01 mean?

PD: Mar 29, 2002
Applied From: NY
Category: RIR
Never made it to regional (of course)
45-day letter received: Nov 10, 2005.

Kahada said:
USCISisMockery,

I totally agree with you. We need focus on the PBEC issue. It will be useless for us without labor. We need to keep the pressure on the PBEC and let more people aware our situation. I have faxed, emailed and wrote letter to news media and senate office. Let's stand up and make our voice loud.

I totally disagree with you two, you dont have to focus only in one problema, retrogression will get you as soon as your LC is certificade, now is the time that you can help. Is for all of us.

USCISisMockery,

I agree with your concerns and posts. But, I don;t think they are going to pass a bill to expedite the processing at PBEC.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I also think that Retrogression and 485/recapturing VISA numbers is going to benefit all of us. I mean sooner or later, your labor will get approved but if dates are not current and we are still stuck with old rules we are back to the same problem of waiting in queue.

I think we should continue of our efforts there (S.1932/HR 4241) and HERE (Pushing PBEC to be more open and expedite processing).

cheers

Most people posting have a PD of 2003

Do we have a list of how many 2001,2002 cases are still in the forum? Makes me wonder if any older cases have been approved or not?
:rolleyes:

I am just attempting to get a trend of where approximately the PBEC is at? :)

Also I have noticed that many of the posts are regional in nature which seems kinda confusing. Does region matter in the PBEC. :confused:

The secondary question I have is have there been any recent approvals from the PBEC or is this the vacation period.

Pd : July 2002
State : CA
RIR,EB2

I need Stefano's email Id

I want the email ids of PBEC and DOL top persons.

Please post here, if available.

Thanks.

Re: 45-day letter received

ok, got it. It's back to basics, but sometimes they are important to confirm.

"When a cut-off date is imposed, an immigrant visa is available only for those with a priority date on or before the cut-off date for that preference category and country of origin."

I believe the current cut-off date is Jan 1999 for EB3 Indians.

there is no trend at all .

gcqjul2002 said:
Do we have a list of how many 2001,2002 cases are still in the forum? Makes me wonder if any older cases have been approved or not?

Also I have noticed that many of the posts are regional in nature which seems kinda confusing. Does region matter in the PBEC. :confused:

The secondary question I have is have there been any recent approvals from the PBEC or is this the vacation period.

RIR,EB2

This is what I can think of:

Many people are planning to leave the country because of this looong painful delay. These people are young, professional contributors to the economy and social security. A speedy process would enable them to stay in US permanently. These people will help make up for the gap in the lack of social secruity fund for baby boomers in the next 20-30 years.

TechGuy said:
a_to_z_gc,

Please stress these following 3 points:

1) Stop wasting taxpayers dollars.

2) No fairness.

3) No transperency.

When you contact DOL through lawmakers normally you will get theirs standard reply as some one got in this forum. So please plan accordingly and counter those arguments now itself.

You may know these already. Just a reminder.

gcqjul2002 said:

RIR,EB2

I believe there still plenty people with 2002 pd in PBEC. My PD is july 2002. There is no trend in PBEC. Only thing predictable is that it almost doesn't move. Justwatching has a tracker where you can see the summaries and kind of guess on the "trend". Here is the link: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571&page=133&pp=15

45 day letter

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to find out whether 45 day letter has been sent out or not ?

I tried sending email to the address mentioned in the post here but did not get a reply. As per schedule that was posted at the DOL site, they should have sent letter long ago. My case was filed from MD in Jan 2002 (Non RIR).

I would be interested in hearing from other in MD on whether they have received letters or not.

Thanks,

Start a new thread..

Kahada said:
USCISisMockery,

All of us have our own opinions.. but as for me I agree with Kahada & USCISisMockery. Why don't we respect everyone's opinion and just keep this thread for PBEC issues.. Start a seperate thread in BEC with retrogression as heading. Whoever is interested will see your updates and posts there.

Just a suggestion.

radd

I second where_is_my_gc

I am stuck with philly BEC as well, along with alot of U guys but I agree with where_is_my_gc. We should'nt expect anyone in congress to start investigating just because our labor certification is stuck there.
Congress is not even acting to change the law to provide retrogression relief and I dont think that this happened due to the efforts of ppl at techworker group or isnamerica group.
All of these provisions are direct result of an attempt to reduce deficit. No one is concerned about backlogs, retrogression, legal immigration or anything related to that.
We should put our efforts for what we are getting, otherwise I am afraid, we wont get anywhere at all. Grab what you are being offered and then find a way to move ahead.
Hopefully we can drop this once and for all.
frog

45-day letters will come for MD guys

There is no way to find out for those fu*king staffs working at PBEC. They are just ramdomly doing whatever they like, such as playing gay work, poker game, etc. Don't worry. You will get your 45-day letter someday. Wish the day is not after you retire. :p

State: MD
Type: RIR EB-2
File: 2002/11
45-day letter: never received.

dcboy said:
Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to find out whether 45 day letter has been sent out or not ?

I tried sending email to the address mentioned in the post here but did not get a reply. As per schedule that was posted at the DOL site, they should have sent letter long ago. My case was filed from MD in Jan 2002 (Non RIR).

I would be interested in hearing from other in MD on whether they have received letters or not.

Thanks,