Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I have tried multiple times to contact the Office of the Inspector General for the DOL but so far it seems to be without any success. I don't know what to do any more ....

The lawyers won't even help us ... why would they ? they are making their brewad and butter off our backs !!! :mad:

fastergcwanted said:
orissa, thanks for the info. Is it 24 additional months on top of 24 months they got...or 24 months from now? So, are they asking for total of 4 years from Mar 05?? That's insane.

Why wouldn't they ... it was in their contract. 2 years plus 2 one year extension possible ....

I had made some estimation a few weeks back on how much money the contractors would be making out of this deal and it was quiet astronomical ... agreed that everybody in business should be allowed to make money but hte government should look at the interest of the tax payers not some scumbag running a total scam

Last edited by a moderator:
Another 24 months??!!!! On the top of the original estimate of 24-30 months, that means a 4 year wait for all of us to get out of this step. We have to keep fighting. We cannot take this again and again. What if they come back in 2 years and say they need another 24 months?

What to do?

First, Why can Dallas BEC make it happen while Philly cannot? We should contiue write to congressmen and senators. I think we should definitely involve media now. I don't count on lawyers and employers. We have to save ourselves.

We should emphasize on the inefficiency of disfunctional PBEC, on waste of tax money to contractors. And we should emphasize to compare PBEC to DBEC.

Second, we should contact news media to write more articles about this. Esp. PBEC.

Third, to add to media attention, we should organize a protest in Washington DC. We should be able to find a lot of people in DC metro area. And People from Philly and NJ can drive over to join.

VAhoper said:
Another 24 months??!!!! On the top of the original estimate of 24-30 months, that means a 4 year wait for all of us to get out of this step. We have to keep fighting. We cannot take this again and again. What if they come back in 2 years and say they need another 24 months?

What to do?

First, Why can Dallas BEC make it happen while Philly cannot? We should contiue write to congressmen and senators. I think we should definitely involve media now. I don't count on lawyers and employers. We have to save ourselves.

We should emphasize on the inefficiency of disfunctional PBEC, on waste of tax money to contractors. And we should emphasize to compare PBEC to DBEC.

Second, we should contact news media to write more articles about this. Esp. PBEC.

Third, to add to media attention, we should organize a protest in Washington DC. We should be able to find a lot of people in DC metro area. And People from Philly and NJ can drive over to join.

Actually they can't extend the contract for ever. There is a provision in the RFP that prevents them from doing so:

H.25 OPTION TO EXTEND THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT - SERVICE
(FAR 17.208(G))
1. The Government may extend the terms of this contract by written notice to the Contractor at least 60 calendar days
before the contract expires. This notice does not commit the Government to an extension.
2. If the Government exercises this option, the extended contract shall be considered to include this option provision.
3. The initial period of this contract may be extended by one year, at estimated costs and indirect costs as follows:
Option
Year Estimated Cost Indirect Cost Total Estimated Cost
1 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
2 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
3 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
The total duration of this contract, including the exercise of any options under this clause, shall not exceed 4 years.

All,

I just spoke with Rajeev Khanna's office and explained him the situation with following highlights:

1) Sending letters/faxes to Senators/Congressmen/women is not working
2) Emails/letters to DOL officials is not working
3) Media news articles haven't worked out so far.

They feel that litigation is the only way. They feel that letters/faxes to Govt officials like Senators won't work given the current attitude towards immigration by Congress.

They have asked me to summarize the situation in an email and send it to them highlighting the issues/statistics etc. They shall have an internal meeting with Rajeev Khanna and comeup with a strategy. I shall be calling them again , maybe on Friday to touch base.

Two things:
1) Be ready for a class action suite and for this please be ready to contribute some money.
2) Can someone please summarize the issues alongwith statistics(if any) for me. I have seen some really good summaries here,that shall help me send it to them in concise way.

I understand it's difficult time for all of us.Let's be focussed and alert.

Thanks.

Appreciate your effort

a_to_z_gc said:
All,

I just spoke with Rajeev Khanna's office and explained him the situation with following highlights:

They feel that litigation is the only way. They feel that letters/faxes to Govt officials like Senators won't work given the current attitude towards immigration by Congress.

They have asked me to summarize the situation in an email and send it to them highlighting the issues/statistics etc. They shall have an internal meeting with Rajeev Khanna and comeup with a strategy. I shall be calling them again , maybe on Friday to touch base.

Two things:
1) Be ready for a class action suite and for this please be ready to contribute some money.
2) Can someone please summarize the issues alongwith statistics(if any) for me. I have seen some really good summaries here,that shall help me send it to them in concise way.

Thanks.

I really appreciate your initiative and effort.

I am ready to contribute for this. please count me in.

a_to_z_gc said:
All,

Thanks for taking on this effort. We will try to help you to the best of our abilities :)

Siddharth1 said:
Well, statistics had to catch up...

One of my team members whose PD is May 2002 [CA/EB3/PBEC] was finally laid off last week. After more than 3 yrs pending, he hasn't even cleared labor.

His 6 yrs are almost up and he's planning to leave the country soon unless some miracle happens like he gets a GC in 3 weeks.

I am not trying to be pessimistic here but according to my attorney don't expect any miracles to hit any of the pending cali cases in Philly before March 2006.

another Cali sufferer
PD June 2002

Thanks for the initiative

a_to_z_gc said:
All,

Two things:

Thanks.

Thanks for the initiative. Please count me too in case of any help.

hufx you are absolutely right, actually the only two blood-sucking attorneys I contacted complained about Stefenko, too, and one of them even used words like anti-immigrantion when talking about Stefenko. I guess this Stefenko is absolutely a sly but he is arrogant as well as ignorant.

It seems they exclude the Case Status line when they send the screenshot now, I just checked this morning and got a reply without the status line. It was the same case last time I checked my LC status by email, but I called back the Philly number that I obtained here and asked them to send me another screen shot with the status line, and stressed that I need this line in order to show BCIS that my LC is pending for more than one year. Maybe the guy who picked up my phone did it because I did receive another email within two hours with the Status line included.

Two months have passed by after being informed that my cased is on final review, I could not see any other root in PBEC's delay except this
Stefenko's philosophy and rules, he passed them on to his lazy employees, and all of them are messing up the whole procedure again. I am thinking about how we may put this Stefenko into the court and let him stay behind the bar the rest of his life.

I am perhaps quitting my job soon after working for 5 and a half years, because my husband has accepted a new offer and we are relocating soon. His NIW is pending for four months now, and we will start outstanding researcher soon after he starts his new job. I started my LC preparation exactly four years ago, what a joke that it still has not make it thru!

hufx said:
The reason why PBEC is slow is because the Chief CO/Director of PBEC picked up a total different methodology from DBEC to handle cases. He did this legally but inhumanly.
The departure of Bill Carson shows DOL acknowledged the mess of Labor certification. Our only hope is to force this guy out.

a_to_z_gc said:
All,

Two things:

Thanks.

Awesome initiative. I am ready to spare whatever amount needed. Also please encourage your colleague to support it. If someone doesn't believe in "awareness" effort, I am sure everyone believes in "class action".

Its Murthy/Rajiv/Cyrus/Fragomen/Visalaw... who feed on our cases. They are suppose to take initiative and convince AILA to do something about it.

If we (particularly Indian community) threatened all the "desi" law firms to take our business somewhere else, I am sure they will support us. More than half of Murthy's clients are "desis".

I am sorry to say that Murthy is big show off, she always talk about "peace of mind", but she never mentioned about backlog. She only cares is clients.

On Monday chat, we can all request her to respond "whats going with PBEC".

I need pledge from atleast 20 people who can log in to Murthy's chat this Monday and ask her about and to discuss PBEC.

Last edited by a moderator:
USCISisMockery said:
Awesome initiative. I am ready to spare whatever amount needed. Also please encourage your colleague to support it. If someone doesn't believe in "awareness" effort, I am sure everyone believes in "class action".

Its Murthy/Rajiv/Cyrus/Fragomen/Visalaw... who feed on our cases. They are suppose to take initiative and convince AILA to do something about it.

If we (particularly Indian community) threatened all the "desi" law firms to take our business somewhere else, I am sure they will support us. More than half of Murthy's clients are "desis".

I am sorry to say that Murthy is big show off, she always talk about "peace of mind", but she never mentioned about backlog. She only cares is clients.

On Monday chat, we can all request her to respond "whats going with PBEC".

I need pledge from atleast 20 people who can log in to Murthy's chat this Monday and ask her about and to discuss PBEC.

I am ready to contribute some money tooo... I will be there for Murthy's chat....

Good Initiative..

Thank you for your efforts and initiative a_to_z_gc
I am ready to contribute in your efforts.
a_to_z_gc said:
All,

Two things:

Thanks.

Just got off the phone with Philly BEC. Very nice lady talked to me and she told me that they are sending out 45 day letter for PD towards end of 2003. She said it would not take very long before they reach 2004.

Regarding the actuall certification she said she had no clue. When she started they told her it would take 3 to 4 years to clear the backlog !!! :mad: That is so outrageous. She also said that the pace picks up sometime but then it goes back to an awfully slow pace ... she didn't say why :confused:

So whatever the reasons we have to fight this !!! We can't wait another 2-3 years !!!!!

I am in..

a_to_z_gc said:
All,

Two things:

Thanks.

MDwatch said:
Just got off the phone with Philly BEC. Very nice lady talked to me and she told me that they are sending out 45 day letter for PD towards end of 2003. She said it would not take very long before they reach 2004.

Regarding the actuall certification she said she had no clue. When she started they told her it would take 3 to 4 years to clear the backlog !!! :mad: That is so outrageous. She also said that the pace picks up sometime but then it goes back to an awfully slow pace ... she didn't say why :confused:

So whatever the reasons we have to fight this !!! We can't wait another 2-3 years !!!!!
Good to know that they are in the process of sending 45 day letters. It is nice to see that they said something like this. I hope it is true. Thanks for the info.

NJGCMar03

a_to_z_gc said:
All,

Two things:

Thanks.

Count me in.

Dont forget to include all the folks in yahoo group (PBEC_victims). I'm sure many of them will be willing to contribute.

Count me too....

I am also ready to contibute.............

VAhoper said:
Count me in.

Dont forget to include all the folks in yahoo group (PBEC_victims). I'm sure many of them will be willing to contribute.

mvinays said:
Here is the approval trend of Philly BPC (based on JustWatching's tracker):

Month ---------------No. of approvals.
###############################
May 2005-----------------------1
Jul 2005------------------------9
Aug 2005 ---------------------23
Sep 2005 ---------------------16
Oct 2005 ----------------------9
Nov 2005 ----------------------1

the decline in approvals coincides with the end of partial data entry (October). After that, it seems they decided to use all resources to do the full data entry (more than 100,000 cases ?) ... and that will take a LONG time ... there's NO other explanation (I don't believe in conspiracy just to screw us over).

what bothers me is that they don't HAVE to enter data from 2003 to process 2001/2002, and they don't HAVE to enter 2004 to process 2003, because at this point, they ALREADY have all cases temporarily entered, so they KNOW which cases are from 2001/2002/2003, etc.

Why don't they split the teams, so that 75% would adjudicate, while 25% would work on the data entry ?!

their decision to stop everything to enter ALL cases is a total disaster and and insult to our intelligence.