Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks to all

My last off-topic post regarding H1b extension:
Thanks to all of you for responding to my post. I really appreciate it.
VAGC, mvinays answered your question correctly.
If anyone has any further questions regarding H-1B extension, feel free to email me at desipins@hotmail.com. I might be able to help you as I am almost done with preparing my packet myself. Ofcourse, all suggestions will be my opinion and should not be construed as legal opinion. Also, everything is free :)
Thanks.

yours_sincerely said:
My last off-topic post regarding H1b extension:
Thanks to all of you for responding to my post. I really appreciate it.
VAGC, mvinays answered your question correctly.
If anyone has any further questions regarding H-1B extension, feel free to email me at desipins@hotmail.com. I might be able to help you as I am almost done with preparing my packet myself. Ofcourse, all suggestions will be my opinion and should not be construed as legal opinion. Also, everything is free :)
Thanks.

Hey yours_sincerely, i sent an email to your hotmail account. Please respond whenever you find time.

Thanks
WhatheHeck

GCTitan said:
There is an update in the http://immigration-law.com which talks about the
immigration reform bill introduced by Chuck Hagle of Nebraska .Is this going to have immediate impact on the current GC process.

USISMockery whats your opinion on this

Sen. Chuck Hagle of Nebraska Introduced Another Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill on 10/25/2005

High-Tech Workers – To address the need for high-tech workers and to reduce the existing worker visa backlog, this legislation would allow foreign students who have earned an advanced degree in science, technology, engineering or math from U.S. universities to receive a H-1B work visa without leaving the country and without regard to the annual cap of 65,000. In addition, high-tech workers who have worked in the U.S. for three years may be allowed to adjust to permanent resident status without regard to the annual cap of 140,000. The spouses and children of immigrant workers would also be allowed to adjust status without regard to this cap.

"In addition, high-tech workers who have worked in the U.S. for three years may be allowed to adjust to permanent resident status without regard to the annual cap of 140,000. "

Not sure what he meant by that, bypass labor process ? If thats the case, we might jump on this bill and let Elaine be left alone with junk papers.

USCISisMockery said:
"In addition, high-tech workers who have worked in the U.S. for three years may be allowed to adjust to permanent resident status without regard to the annual cap of 140,000. "

Not sure what he meant by that, bypass labor process ? If thats the case, we might jump on this bill and let Elaine be left alone with junk papers.

I don't think it means EB high tech workers can bypass the labor certification. It just proposes to give a permanent relief for high tech workers suffering from retrogression. Still a great bill !

escape valve....??

GCTitan said:
There is an update in the http://immigration-law.com which talks about the
immigration reform bill introduced by Chuck Hagle of Nebraska .Is this going to have immediate impact on the current GC process.

USISMockery whats your opinion on this

Sen. Chuck Hagle of Nebraska Introduced Another Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill on 10/25/2005

High-Tech Workers – To address the need for high-tech workers and to reduce the existing worker visa backlog, this legislation would allow foreign students who have earned an advanced degree in science, technology, engineering or math from U.S. universities to receive a H-1B work visa without leaving the country and without regard to the annual cap of 65,000. In addition, high-tech workers who have worked in the U.S. for three years may be allowed to adjust to permanent resident status without regard to the annual cap of 140,000. The spouses and children of immigrant workers would also be allowed to adjust status without regard to this cap.

Guys,

I am going to write to Senator Hagel to describe our plight and urge him to add a clause to allow the persons with 3 years work in the US to apply for adjustment of status if they have a labor certification pending for more then 180 days..... I shall post a draft late in the evening and seek feedback..

Also I am thinking of sending similar to other senators....

msp1976 said:
Guys,

I am going to write to Senator Hagel to describe our plight and urge him to add a clause to allow the persons with 3 years work in the US to apply for adjustment of status if they have a labor certification pending for more then 180 days..... I shall post a draft late in the evening and seek feedback..

Alternatively we can argue that years of continuous employment is proof enough of the labor requirement

Caliber said:
Just now I sent an email to Senator Hazel:

I donot want to discourage you but...please make sure you donot make Spelling mistakes in the name of the senator you are writing to....

msp1976 said:
I donot want to discourage you but...please make sure you donot make Spelling mistakes in the name of the senator you are writing to....

Also when writnng please ask for something specific additional like the ability to file for adjustment after you labor is pending for 180 days or something....

Always ask for more than what is there before expesssing support....

Oops Soory

msp1976 said:
I am sorry. Fortunately that was not misspelled in his mail. Thanks for pointing.

USCISisMockery said:

I believe than we would never be able to ask for complete bypass but we can try to minimize impact it by asking ability to file 140/485 after 180 days of pending labor....Which might sound more reasonable I hope ....

Hi All,

Thanks for your wishes..
The NOF/Intent to Deny letter was based on 2 issues
1) In state labor DOL had requested that some skills be deleted from the petition as it was too restrictive, we deleted the same re-advertised and passed thro state, in federal labor it was pointed out that candiates that applied before the delete now are applicable for this position. Delete was done only in the details part of petition form and summary had all skills listed. We also showed progressive experience that helped justify the above.
2) Relocation was stated as mandatory and some US citizens were rejected as they did not want to relocate, my company corporate headquaters is VA and I was working in NJ at that point in time, DOL wanted to know how I can deliver projects in VA from NJ and hence location was not a factor to reject US workers; I had moved thrice in the last 5 years and we submitted the same as proof of need to reloacte.

Thanks again,
Sunkav.

mvinays said:
Congrats, sunkav! Best of luck for 140/485!!!

BTW, what was the NOID about? How did your lawyer respond to win an approval from them? Could you please share some more info? Thank you.

High Tech workers??

USCISisMockery said:

What does he mean by high tech workers?
Alien who have Masters from any Univ. from US with 3 yrs experience in US
( OR )
Alien with H1 and working in the US for more than 3 years any idea?

msp1976 said:
Guys,

Hi MSP

Labor Certification pending for more than 180 days may not be realistic for an enactment to be considered as delay. Even with PERM there might be chances that LC might be pending for more than 180 days normally

You can request Labor certification pending for more than a Year

LC Approved

My lawyer told me that My Labour got approved in Aug Last week. But :mad: there was some thing wrong with the company information and he sent it back for the correction. Dont know how long its gonna take to get the updated LC.

LC for 2 more Colleagues whos PD is same as me got their approvals too(But with Correct info on LC :confused: ).

State: VA
PD: March 2nd week 2002
EB-3 RIR

Good Luck friends.

msp1976 said:
Guys,

Is there a way we can get a feedback from Rajiv Khanna /Sheila Murthy

about this issue.Any of their clients in this forum ?

driveto

driveto said:
My lawyer told me that My Labour got approved in Aug Last week. But :mad: there was some thing wrong with the company information and he sent it back for the correction. Dont know how long its gonna take to get the updated LC.

LC for 2 more Colleagues whos PD is same as me got their approvals too(But with Correct info on LC :confused: ).

State: VA
PD: March 2nd week 2002
EB-3 RIR

Good Luck friends.

Congrats driveto,

Hope the correction doesn't take time. Anyway, when did your lawyer receive the approval? Also when did find out about your approval from status check (before the status field became blank)?

thanks,
gcco

How long will it take to know the out come of this bill

Caliber said:
Hey this is great news. We do not have to worry about DOL any more. Why not we consider meeting this senator and offer him some election fund? We need to send him donations as an organization? Just my 2 cents

Though it is really good proposal, however not necessariry it will pass in the house. Guys,, how soon can we know the fate of this bill?