Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

USCISisMockery, I totally agree with you. Besides that, I firmly believe Stephen Stefanco is the major reason of all this PBEC delay and we need bring this up to the management.

USCISisMockery said:
I am following this forum for quite a long time and I have seen such unofficial "timeline" many many times: and none of these timelines were met.

Data entry deadlines: Feb 2005, Summer 2005, Mid-October 2005, December 2005 and now March 2006.

Its barely November now and there are many 5/2002 applicant who haven't received 45 day letter yet (me too).

So now what ?
I guess, we already raised awareness or whatever regarding PBEC, IMHO, we should now focus on marketing this forum and yahoo group. I know many PBEC victims who either don't care or are just ignorant about such effort. So I think, we should spread word out to our colleagues and friends (whose labor is pending at Philly) about the problem. We should encourage them to join yahoo group and visit this forum regularly.

Any one interested?

I have been observing this forum for past few months.
I have got some attention of local NBC10 channel (investigating officer )in Bala Cynwyd about our cases and functioning of Philly Backlog center , Bala cynwyd (around the corner) . They will be calling me , incase I am asked for more cases can you all send me your phone numbers in private message so that I can ask them to contact you ?

My case details

PD - 04/04/2002
State - PA
RD - 09/2004
45 Day letter recd and replied - Feb 22 , 2005
Current status - Final review
Case type - Non RIR/EB2

This message is for the following members of the forum:

hufx - 5 posts
nuculer - 36 posts
max2005 - 14 posts
LongLongAgo - 15 posts
ragini_nj - 15 posts
Amit_K_Bhatia@h - 16 posts
sameer2730 - 55 posts
everything_gud - 17 posts
Caliber - 8 posts
spircegirl - 8 posts
LCKY2004 - 8 posts
lc410485gc - 20 posts

Many of you appear to be newer members of this forum with very few posts. I request you all to kindly update your signatures or at least provide your LC case details to JustWatching so that he can add it to the BEC Tracker spreadsheet. We will greatly appreciate your co-operation. See my signature or any other member's signature for an example. If your screen-name and case details are already in the tracker spreadsheet, kindly ignore this request.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tho' this sounds like a doomsday scenario, 18 mos to 05.2003 actually could be the best case scenario - in which case the ETA to 05.2003 and beyond becomes a superdoomsday scenario! The foll is my 2 cents on this f*'ed up situation

[1] The lawyer by giving a far-out date is telling you in essence 'FO for now, call me back in a year+'
[2] The lawyer is lowering your expectations to the rockbed, so any news after that acceptance is only positive
[3] If the lawyer is not lying, then BEC is essentially hinting to move the paper-based load to the electonically filed PERM, so that the BEC is out in the promised 2 years
[4] If you move to PERM, more $$ for the lawyer
[5] If you move to PERM, your unabandoned Labor would get approved some day which could be used as a bribe to lure in another white-collared laborer / sold in the open market for even more $$
[6] In light of PERM & now retrogression, the employer knows that tho' the employee would now have a faster approved LC, but the PD would be a later one - this is a potent combo that works out great for both the employer & lawyer.

There are lots of reasons for the employer/lawyer to be in consort. Consume lawyer info with a pinch of salt.

nuculer said:
Your PD is Jun 02 and your lawyer said at least 6 months. My friend's is May 03, and her lawyer said approximately 18 months. These two situations do not seem inconsistent to me.

-N

Last edited by a moderator:
dimpy said:
I have been observing this forum for past few months.
I have got some attention of local NBC10 channel (investigating officer )in Bala Cynwyd about our cases and functioning of Philly Backlog center , Bala cynwyd (around the corner) . They will be calling me , incase I am asked for more cases can you all send me your phone numbers in private message so that I can ask them to contact you ?

My case details

PD - 04/04/2002
State - PA
RD - 09/2004
45 Day letter recd and replied - Feb 22 , 2005
Current status - Final review
Case type - Non RIR/EB2

We are all there with you...!! go ahead with the effort...

My Case Details

Hi mvinays and JustWatching,

Pl note my case details for tracker.

State - CA
EB3 RIR
PD - 18 June 2003
DOL, SFO - 21-May-04

received 45 day letter Ist week of Jan'2005
BEC - Philly - P-04295-xxxxx

Thanks,
Suryam

State - NY
EB2 RIR
PD - Nov 2001

Received 45 day letter 14th opf March 05, replied back on 15th.

BEC - Philly -

pls update my info

hi all
my data
PD. 10/02 CA
RIR EB3
RD 09/03 CA
Phili BRC 45 day letter 02/05
unfortunatelly my case went to Philadelphia and my colegues from my company with later PD got their LC approved because their cases went to Dallas :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
my lawyer said when I asked him about my case I quote
"As a firm, what we have seen is much the same as you report; there seems
to be more cases coming out of Dallas than out of Philadelphia. That
said, we have received approvals for cases that were sent to
Philadelphia, but the most recent cases we have seen had priority dates
in 2001. Thus, if the DOL is following the "first-in, first-out" method
of adjudicating the cases, it would appear that your case is relatively
far down in the queue." :eek: :eek: :mad:

noluck2005 said:
hi all
my data
PD. 10/02 CA
RIR EB3
RD 09/03 CA
Phili BRC 45 day letter 02/05
unfortunatelly my case went to Philadelphia and my colegues from my company with later PD got their LC approved because their cases went to Dallas :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
my lawyer said when I asked him about my case I quote
"As a firm, what we have seen is much the same as you report; there seems
to be more cases coming out of Dallas than out of Philadelphia. That
said, we have received approvals for cases that were sent to
Philadelphia, but the most recent cases we have seen had priority dates
in 2001. Thus, if the DOL is following the "first-in, first-out" method
of adjudicating the cases, it would appear that your case is relatively
far down in the queue." :eek: :eek: :mad:

Yeap, your attorney said the truth. in a simpler term he is saying that regional Cali cases in lazy PBEC are as doomed as NY and NJ SWA cases which have been hanging around waiting for adjudication for more than 5 yrs. the oldest Cali case in Philly is a March 2002 case, so if Phily inisists on following FIFO, Phily won't touch any regional Cali case before they clear all these pending east coast cases (they haven't even finished the data entry for these cases, still the 45d letters to be mailed and processed, that will take quite a while), which doesn't seem to be anytime soon. we can just hope and pray Phily clears all these 2001 cases soon so that they might move to us.

Case Info: Cali RIR Regional case, PD June 22/2002, RD may 19/2003

This is completely out of bound, but I thought it might help someone who is considering alternatives (canda). It might save them months of aggrevations and 1000 bucks of application fees for Canada.

I know its completely irrelevant but I am sure this links will give some reality shots about canada (I know US has similar problems but not as widespread) and somebody will gain from it.

If I had known about this beforehand, I would not had spared 1000 bucks (on application). Now I am also thinking of not appearing for stupid IELTS exams. Again I am aware that there are thousands of PHDs driving taxis in NY, but I think problems in Canada seems quite out of control.

http://notcanada.com (click on top 8 reasons )
http://www.canadaimmigrants.com/

tikal said:
Tho' this sounds like a doomsday scenario, 18 mos to 05.2003 actually could be the best case scenario - in which case the ETA to 05.2003 and beyond becomes a superdoomsday scenario! The foll is my 2 cents on this f*'ed up situation

[1] The lawyer by giving a far-out date is telling you in essence 'FO for now, call me back in a year+'
[2] The lawyer is lowering your expectations to the rockbed, so any news after that acceptance is only positive
[3] If the lawyer is not lying, then BEC is essentially hinting to move the paper-based load to the electonically filed PERM, so that the BEC is out in the promised 2 years
[4] If you move to PERM, more $$ for the lawyer
[5] If you move to PERM, your unabandoned Labor would get approved some day which could be used as a bribe to lure in another white-collared laborer / sold in the open market for even more $$
[6] In light of PERM & now retrogression, the employer knows that tho' the employee would now have a faster approved LC, but the PD would be a later one - this is a potent combo that works out great for both the employer & lawyer.

There are lots of reasons for the employer/lawyer to be in consort. Consume lawyer info with a pinch of salt.

Ditto, lawyers and employers are fuki'g selfish. Lawyers keep on talking about retrogression because thats hurting their business. BEC delays is infact geting them more business. Just imagine BEC mess started last year but visa number retrogressed just last month. Then why we have all the immigration sites and lawyers jumping on the visa numbers ? How many applicants do you think really are affected by retrogression at this moments, I guess its less than 300,000 of us who are suffering in BEC, then why these hupala about visa numbers.

I am 100% sure, if we had no 7th year extension, employers would have lobbied politicians and cleared out backlog.

http://shusterman.com/

I got excited when I read this.

As of Oct 22, according to Shusterman's website, the Senate Judiciary Committee voted to approve a measure which would allow the recapture 90,000 EB visas. Will this affect us in a positive way? Are these visas meant to be for nurses and PT's only? Does anybody know?

My case details

EB2 traditional

Harrisburg (PA) SWA rec date: 14 Nov 2003
Sent to Philly DOL: 7 Dec 2004 after supervised recruitment

No 45 day letter yet. Screenshot request yielded a letter with priority date confirmation, not in the traditional format.

Criteria for sending labor application to PBEC

Do any one know if there is there a criteria for sending the applications to PBEC or DBEC from DOL,SFO?

Most of my colleagues applications which made to DOL,SFO went to DBEC but mine has gone to PBEC.

only difference I see is their PD is Mar 2003, May 2003 where as mine is June 2003.

Is there confirmed criteria in sending these DOL, SFO cases?

I have my little conspiracy theory

suryam said:
Do any one know if there is there a criteria for sending the applications to PBEC or DBEC from DOL,SFO?

Most of my colleagues applications which made to DOL,SFO went to DBEC but mine has gone to PBEC.

only difference I see is their PD is Mar 2003, May 2003 where as mine is June 2003.

Is there confirmed criteria in sending these DOL, SFO cases?

my colegues whose cases were sent to DBEC had PD jan, feb and mart 2003(their cases got approved); my PD is 10/2002 and my case went to PBEC :mad: . But when I look my colegues histories their past is little bit different than mine, they all are longer in us then I am, two of them finished part of their edducation here two of them are from Europe and one is from China. Two of them have american born kids, I don't; and all of them had some changes in their visa status( two of them came from other company and had to change h1b and the other one change visa from f1 to h1b). I think that all our cases are stored in some goverment computer, they don't have to input any data evrything is there. They know evrything about each of us and our dependants; I mean evrything. And I think that system is set-up that way that you have to be in this country for at least 5-6 years before they will give you GC. they know that your employer will start GC proces usually in first year of your H1b, but they also look the other things and if you have a kid born here, if you have a house, if your spause is doing something positive (taking classes, doing some equivalency exams), if you are making good investments on stock market and making big money the faster you will get your GC :rolleyes: ;) On the other hand maybe evrything I wrote is just a joke and evrything is just pure luck and we don't have luck and that is the reason why we are in PBEC :eek:

I have been in the US for 11 years. My case was sent ot PBEC.

noluck2005 said:
my colegues whose cases were sent to DBEC had PD jan, feb and mart 2003(their cases got approved); my PD is 10/2002 and my case went to PBEC :mad: . But when I look my colegues histories their past is little bit different than mine, they all are longer in us then I am, two of them finished part of their edducation here two of them are from Europe and one is from China. Two of them have american born kids, I don't; and all of them had some changes in their visa status( two of them came from other company and had to change h1b and the other one change visa from f1 to h1b). I think that all our cases are stored in some goverment computer, they don't have to input any data evrything is there. They know evrything about each of us and our dependants; I mean evrything. And I think that system is set-up that way that you have to be in this country for at least 5-6 years before they will give you GC. they know that your employer will start GC proces usually in first year of your H1b, but they also look the other things and if you have a kid born here, if you have a house, if your spause is doing something positive (taking classes, doing some equivalency exams), if you are making good investments on stock market and making big money the faster you will get your GC :rolleyes: ;) On the other hand maybe evrything I wrote is just a joke and evrything is just pure luck and we don't have luck and that is the reason why we are in PBEC :eek:

I don't agree.

Other cases may be a good coincidence. I don't think they can spare any time gathering and looking at your data from multiple sources. Good luck chap, you will get your labor approved soon :) .

noluck2005 said:

;) ;) :D :D :D U all are wrong they jsut see driving history more tickets faster processing ,they know U can give more revenue to your county ;) those having good records are in PBEC ... :p

Nice theory, but impractical though. If coordination of all this info was that easy then DHS might not have been formed - and even DHS is unable to do it effectively!!

I think they are going to follow strict FIFO, if they could overcome their process deficiencies - meanwhile we will continue to see randomness; and hey it may take forever to perfect the process. So go figure!!

noluck2005 said: