Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I agree. I read somewhere in Dallas thread that DBEC stopped sending 45 day letters saying that it was waste of resources/time. I believe it makes perfect sense. PBEC should run a statistic and find out how many of 45 day letter got response that they didn't want to continue or they were never responded? I'm sure the number would be way too low. If that is the case then why even bother to send 45 day letters, just process them!!

coolguy11 said:
Dallas is currently approving Jun/03 cases.
Why can't Philadelphia do the same. They share the same freaking database.
Why the hell do they have to wait so long to rubber stamp the state certified applications. Processing applications based on priority date is a joke.
Anywayz happy for the people getting approval in Dallas.

Read below.

Hi all,
I am sooo happy to intimate that I received intimation of Labor Certification to my Employer today, and in which it stated that original was sent to attorney. Wanted to share this information with all well wishers in the forum:
My details are
PD June 16, 2003
RD May 25, 2004
RIR/EB3
Certified Date: Sep. 26, 2005
Just watching, you done wonderful job helping to predict, please update my info in your link.
Thanks to all members who stayed to each other during this wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
It indeed is frustating when we see approvals being granted at a steady pace to DBEC Regional cases whereas PBEC are lingering behind with 2002 cases. This is grossly unfair to people from the East coast.

How I wish APRLC2002's prediction of DBEC and PBEC being at sync by end of this year come true ? But looking at the pace.... this is remotely possible. :mad:

APRLC2002 - Where are you buddy ???

coolguy11 said:
Dallas is currently approving Jun/03 cases.
Why can't Philadelphia do the same. They share the same freaking database.
Why the hell do they have to wait so long to rubber stamp the state certified applications. Processing applications based on priority date is a joke.
Anywayz happy for the people getting approval in Dallas.

USCISisMockery said:
why can't we access any messages ? Owner of the group should check if he might have turned it off by mistake.

I thought I was the only one with this problem..we cant accesss any messsages..I sent an email to WherismyGC...hope he has checked his mail..

I remember somebody reported in this thread before that there has been a recent change in upper management at PBEC. I'm guessing it is probably because they screwed up and did not make any progress. We'll have to wait and see how things get better at PBEC.

By looking at the tracker, it is pretty evident that DBEC is approving about 5 times the number of cases approved by PBEC. No wonder DBEC is already in Jun 2003. There are folks in the east coast (north east) who have a PD between April 2001 and Dec 2001 (RIR) and they are still not approved yet. DOL needs to really look into making strict FIFO a reality in order to be as fair as possible to everyone.

If DBEC is doing so well, it makes sense to even transfer the 10,000 CA cases rotting at PBEC to Dallas. At least they will get approved quickly at DBEC which will reduce the work load of PBEC (and this may help PBEC move faster with east coast approvals).

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally 45 years

LC said:
Can someone enlight us about, how long will it take to process LC at back log centers. (Eventhough I still didnot get my 45 day letter). Please dont say just 2 years...Mostly emphesize, what is the procedure that they are following? How long this procedure takes? etc...

Thanks

EB2
NJ
PD:Jan 2003
No 45 day letter

Please dont think i am mocking at you. This is how things go at BEC.

Bundle/Parcel all the cases - 1 year (yes. 1 year)
Put the bundle into a mailing box - 1 yr
Approx. wait time to complete all the boxing - 1 yr
Mailing all the boxes to BECs in order - 1 yr (in order means, it can be in any order)

Receiving and storing all those boxes in BECs - 1 yr
Picking right box at right time in FIFO order - 1 yr (FIFO means, selecting randomly)

Box arrive at the data entry location - wait for some time (may be 6 months)

Start partial entry - 2 yrs
Complete full entry - 2yrs
Generate 45 days letter - 2 yrs

...................................... 2 yrs
....................................... 2 yrs
....................................... 2 yrs

Hmmmm. I am tired. Approximately it will take 45 years to get the LC certification. By the time you get your LC, retrogress will date back to JAN 1, 1900. I am not joking. Its possible man.

blood sucking employers ....

These companies which sell pre approved labor are big scam. One member of my team bought one such labor and paid more than 10K. Now her GC application is rejected(dont have the details). She is out of status as she was on 7th yr extension. These companies have no ethics, they are bunch of thugs... :mad:

3 options.. and not 3 genie wishes!

PD: 3/31/2003 EB3 no 45-day letter H1B expiring in Feb 2006. company applying for extension.

My company is giving me 3 options, I was wondering if someone could discuss with me, I am confused which option to go:

1. file a new PERM application alongside the conventional application I have pending in PBEC. new PERM has to be a little bit different. They WARN: DOL could find out I have 2 apps pending and will cancel the PBEC automatically. So, if the PERM LC is rejected I am in muddy waters.

2. do nothing, just keep waiting for PBEC to process.

3. replace the PBEC application with PERM as-is. I get to keep the PD and PERM could speed up a bit the LC.

All in all, they say that the PERM is meant to speed the LC but not phase 2 and 3. Also the PERM is more strict on LC, puts you more out there than the conventional, and since many people are unemployed these days, my case could be in difficult position to prove strong. I believe it is strong, but you never know!!

I hope there is someone out there who is in a similar situation and might be able to enlighten me which option of the above is best for me. Thanks!

sun_after_storm said:
PD: 3/31/2003 EB3 no 45-day letter H1B expiring in Feb 2006. company applying for extension.

My company is giving me 3 options, I was wondering if someone could discuss with me, I am confused which option to go:

1. file a new PERM application alongside the conventional application I have pending in PBEC. new PERM has to be a little bit different. They WARN: DOL could find out I have 2 apps pending and will cancel the PBEC automatically. So, if the PERM LC is rejected I am in muddy waters.

2. do nothing, just keep waiting for PBEC to process.

3. replace the PBEC application with PERM as-is. I get to keep the PD and PERM could speed up a bit the LC.

All in all, they say that the PERM is meant to speed the LC but not phase 2 and 3. Also the PERM is more strict on LC, puts you more out there than the conventional, and since many people are unemployed these days, my case could be in difficult position to prove strong. I believe it is strong, but you never know!!

I hope there is someone out there who is in a similar situation and might be able to enlighten me which option of the above is best for me. Thanks!

1. if you file PERM while still havin old labor pending, DOL will NOT cancel the old one, they backed off from that intention a couple of months ago;

3. replacing old with PERM: I've yet to hear from anyone who successfully transferred old PD to a new PERM filing; they say it's doable, but nobody knows how;

In my opinion, the only advantage in filing PERM in your situation (if approved) would be to get 140 approved and then extend your H visa for 3 years, instead of 1 year. Another potential gain would be some talks going on regarding allowing people with approved 140's to file for 485 and EAD even if their PD is not current, but that's still only talks.

If your company wants to pay for your PERM, I'd say go for it, but with a new PERM; if you get approved, great; if not, then you still have your old labor to fall back on. You also need to take into account your 6th year expiring.

good luck !

One more incident to be careful about approved LC sales

atyagi73 said:
These companies which sell pre approved labor are big scam. One member of my team bought one such labor and paid more than 10K. Now her GC application is rejected(dont have the details). She is out of status as she was on 7th yr extension. These companies have no ethics, they are bunch of thugs... :mad:

Hi Atyagi73 and All

I was approached by a Illinois based company to come on board and they will apply for I140 rightaway usijng one of their approved LCs.

I was wondering how can a business be so generous.
They also offered to pay for fees. Only condition was I have to work for them for at least 1 year.

Thsi was wonderful opportunity I thought.

I made further enquiries about the company, searched the LC status in the access databases on DOL web site.

My findings were, this I140 were rejected in atleast 5 cases. The company had over approved 10 approved LC.

I refused to join the comapny telling them about my findings. They tried to convince me that I140 rejection is common. I did not fall for it.

Anyone falling for approved LC, please check all sources/resources including BBB, litigations, court cases etc. etc. about the company you intend to join/buy/be a earning resource, that says they have approved labour.

I personally know of another company that harassed a very resourceful & talented employees so that employees left the company. Teh company sold approved labour of such employees in the labour market.

good luck to all
As the saying goes, there is delay in nature's world of grants but no darkness
Patience pays

ShivaB
PD: Dec-2003
State: IL
EB2 RIR
45 days letter received & replied feb-2005
DBEC Case: D-05005-XXXXX
Case Status: ??? :confused:

I do believe the director of PBEC needs to take responsibility of this delay and he is famous for doing this in the past. Now, with the departure of Bill Carson, hopefully he will be leaving too.
mvinays said:
I remember somebody reported in this thread before that there has been a recent change in upper management at PBEC. I'm guessing it is probably because they screwed up and did not make any progress. We'll have to wait and see how things get better at PBEC.

By looking at the tracker, it is pretty evident that DBEC is approving about 5 times the number of cases approved by PBEC. No wonder DBEC is already in Jun 2003. There are folks in the east coast (north east) who have a PD between April 2001 and Dec 2001 (RIR) and they are still not approved yet. DOL needs to really look into making strict FIFO a reality in order to be as fair as possible to everyone.

If DBEC is doing so well, it makes sense to even transfer the 10,000 CA cases rotting at PBEC to Dallas. At least they will get approved quickly at DBEC which will reduce the work load of PBEC (and this may help PBEC move faster with east coast approvals).

atyagi73 said:
But you also have to ask why she bought that LC in the first place. It is a risky business and she should know it. But I still feel bad for her for losing her legal status.

Applying in PERM

cantstandit said:
1. if you file PERM while still havin old labor pending, DOL will NOT cancel the old one, they backed off from that intention a couple of months ago;

3. replacing old with PERM: I've yet to hear from anyone who successfully transferred old PD to a new PERM filing; they say it's doable, but nobody knows how;

In my opinion, the only advantage in filing PERM in your situation (if approved) would be to get 140 approved and then extend your H visa for 3 years, instead of 1 year. Another potential gain would be some talks going on regarding allowing people with approved 140's to file for 485 and EAD even if their PD is not current, but that's still only talks.

If your company wants to pay for your PERM, I'd say go for it, but with a new PERM; if you get approved, great; if not, then you still have your old labor to fall back on. You also need to take into account your 6th year expiring.

good luck !

Are you sure they don't cancel the pending labor. I am also thinking of applying thru another employer in PERM and I am not sure if they cancel the old application based on similar job requirements and job code.
Where can I find clarification on this?

atyagi73 said:

She deserves it.

coolguy11 said:
Are you sure they don't cancel the pending labor. I am also thinking of applying thru another employer in PERM and I am not sure if they cancel the old application based on similar job requirements and job code.
Where can I find clarification on this?

I'm pretty sure, check out the immigration websites (www.immigration.com), for example. Obviously, talk to your attorney as well.

If you find another employer, that's even better. People can have multiple applications, because the labor cert is for future jobs, so they would not cancel your application just because the jobs are similar.

USCISisMockery said:
She deserves it.

I am not defending her. I was more like sharing this with you guys. I am waiting for almost 4years for my LC. WHat do you think I feel abt these kind of people, but it feels bad to see someone in this situation.

Unable to LaborVictim's messages

USCISisMockery said:
why can't we access any messages ? Owner of the group should check if he might have turned it off by mistake.

Mockey, I am not sure the reason for some of you guys not being able to read the messages. This group is actually wide open and most of the features are un-restricted since I thought it is everyone's group.

The only restriction (manual) is members should not start discussing issues like: How do check the status? I am in the 7th year --what year you are in? such un-related questions...

Let me know if you guys are still facing difficulty reading any messages...

Again, if anyone is not aware of this group..u can visit it at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PBEC_Labor_Victims

Good luck!!

atyagi73 said:
I am not defending her. I was more like sharing this with you guys. I am waiting for almost 4years for my LC. WHat do you think I feel abt these kind of people, but it feels bad to see someone in this situation.
I am just amazed that DOL/USCIS haven't revoked labor subsitution policy. The policy is not only unfair but causes so much fraud. I know so many people who applied in 2004 (3 years after me) using labor subsitution and got GC in 3 months. These are the people who used up all our numbers while we are waiting in the stupid PBEC line.

The following news is somewhat discouraging
A group of companies and 'alien employees' took DOL to court to get a "Mandamus ruling" on expiditing their LC cases. The District of Columbia threw out the case. The reading provides interesting insight as to how the process is viewed by the judge, as well as some timelines provided by DOL to the judge.

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/#comment

MIMC said:
The following news is somewhat discouraging
A group of companies and 'alien employees' took DOL to court to get a "Mandamus ruling" on expiditing their LC cases. The District of Columbia threw out the case. The reading provides interesting insight as to how the process is viewed by the judge, as well as some timelines provided by DOL to the judge.

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/#comment

some pieces of info from the case:

- 200 people currently working at the BEC's
- official adjudication timeline for RIR cases provided by DOL: cases up to April 2002 = 12 months; cases up to April 2003 = 18 months (I'd assume from August/05)

the DOL also insists that they're processing FIFO, and credits "variances in FIFO" due to having to enter the data into the system while adjudicating other cases. Yeah right. We also believe in Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and others.

mahade

Hi All,
I am adding my Info here and also will keep track of the changes happening:

Priority Date :- 29th August 2001
Made to Regional (Atlanta DOL)
No 45 day letter received so far
Keeping the fingers crossed and waiting for the best to happen

mahade