Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

7th year extension

My company sent email to Phily BEC for 7th year extension last Thursday and never heard anything from them back. I think they are probably dusting the box they received from atlanta.... :confused:

mahade said:
Hi All,
I am adding my Info here and also will keep track of the changes happening:

Priority Date :- 29th August 2001
Made to Regional (Atlanta DOL)
No 45 day letter received so far
Keeping the fingers crossed and waiting for the best to happen

mahade

Pretty good. Finally see a guy like me.

PD: Sept 2001. RIR. EB2 from Maryland. Made to Regional long long time ago. 45 day letter received long long long time ago.

You do not even have your 45 day letter? GOD DAMN. One guy from my company had the same story. But when he contact the lawyer, he told him that the 45 day letter had been received and replied for more than 1/2 year. You may need to check it with your lawyer.

You have lot of friends

I am from Aug 2001/MD. Was at DOL and finally to PBEC. Got 45 day letter in Dec 2004. Not heard anything tilldate.

No FIFO going on...random approvals seen...

smallriver said:
Pretty good. Finally see a guy like me.

PD: Sept 2001. RIR. EB2 from Maryland. Made to Regional long long time ago. 45 day letter received long long long time ago.

You do not even have your 45 day letter? GOD DAMN. One guy from my company had the same story. But when he contact the lawyer, he told him that the 45 day letter had been received and replied for more than 1/2 year. You may need to check it with your lawyer.

NAYAK said:
I am from Aug 2001/MD. Was at DOL and finally to PBEC. Got 45 day letter in Dec 2004. Not heard anything tilldate.

No FIFO going on...random approvals seen...

Guys, just to remind you again... 45 day letter distribution is random and you need to wait for everybody to get it. That is why some of you received it early but still waiting that long time... However LC proces will be according to Priority date of your cases. (FIFO)

cantstandit said:
some pieces of info from the case:

- 200 people currently working at the BEC's
- official adjudication timeline for RIR cases provided by DOL: cases up to April 2002 = 12 months; cases up to April 2003 = 18 months (I'd assume from August/05)

where did you get this "official" estimate from? Dallas forum has been reporting approvals from mid 2003 already. does your estimate conserns PBEC only?

Was any recruitment done?

sun_after_storm said:
PD: 3/31/2003 EB3 no 45-day letter H1B expiring in Feb 2006. company applying for extension.

My company is giving me 3 options, I was wondering if someone could discuss with me, I am confused which option to go:

1. file a new PERM application alongside the conventional application I have pending in PBEC. new PERM has to be a little bit different. They WARN: DOL could find out I have 2 apps pending and will cancel the PBEC automatically. So, if the PERM LC is rejected I am in muddy waters.

2. do nothing, just keep waiting for PBEC to process.

3. replace the PBEC application with PERM as-is. I get to keep the PD and PERM could speed up a bit the LC.

All in all, they say that the PERM is meant to speed the LC but not phase 2 and 3. Also the PERM is more strict on LC, puts you more out there than the conventional, and since many people are unemployed these days, my case could be in difficult position to prove strong. I believe it is strong, but you never know!!

I hope there is someone out there who is in a similar situation and might be able to enlighten me which option of the above is best for me. Thanks!
3. Is this a TR or RIR case? You can't convert an LC to PERM, if a job order was already issued. In case of a TR, it means that the supervised recruitment was done. On the other hand, I'm not sure what it means in an RIR case, where the SWA doesn't do any recruitment.

Anyway, I'd rather try a parallel PERM while keeping the existing one. If you do it with your company, try a different position. They've withdrawn the 1to1 restrictions, but might intruduce it soon in another way, so be prepared. If you know another company, start PERM with them. That's unbeatable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real info

I've corrected this message. The source is www.ilw.com instead of immigration-law.com. egg0504

GCSyndrome said:
where did you get this "official" estimate from? Dallas forum has been reporting approvals from mid 2003 already. does your estimate conserns PBEC only?
This comes from the verdict of a trial (see more info on www.ilw.com) Some companies and their foreign employees tried to speed up their case using a legal instrument (mandamus). Unfortunately, there are certain criterias that the case should reflect in order to issue the mandamus, and in this case DOL could protect itself very well:
1. They had too many cases (245i amnesty cases), other prioritized tasks (H-1B, H-2) and inadequate resources (money and employees).
2. Speeding up these cases doesn't help in general, because it's only doable by putting them in front of other LC petitions.
3. DOL also proved that - even if nobody on this forum believes it - they've done everything possible to adjudicate as many cases as possible (detailed efforts in the document) and even though there's no deadline on LC cases, they gave those estimations that you questioned to the judge.
The outcome: the judge saw no reason to force DOL to work faster.
By the way, an attorney on ilw.com added some explanation to the document saying that instead of criticizing the BECs or PERM, the basics should be attacked: the immigration law itself and DOLs working order that's "based" on the law. Plus, if DOL fails those deadlines given by them, that might be the base of further legal action. On the other hand, I think they were very careful, because they mentioned only RIR and only until mid-2003 (all these cases within 18 months from now), so there's no guarantee, that a March 2005 TR case won't be still partially entered eg. 10 years later.

Last edited by a moderator:
egg04 - multiple labor is still valid?

sometime back dol withdrew the ruling where they stopped multiple labor? so why are you stillworried about two labor...

also can you tell me - to get a case number from BEC is 45 day letter required?

Send following to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US. You should get in few hours. All information MUST be correct. Cross check your info from http://flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

Employer name:
Employer address:

Alien name:
Alien address:

Date of filing (received at local office):
State of filing:

Case number at DOL regional office Atlanta:
Received at DOL regional office Atlanta:

Some_GreenCard said:
My company sent email to Phily BEC for 7th year extension last Thursday and never heard anything from them back. I think they are probably dusting the box they received from atlanta.... :confused:

Awareness Effort is needed

USCISisMockery said:
why can't we access any messages ? Owner of the group should check if he might have turned it off by mistake.

Read this in Murhty.com web Site

Retrogression for I-485 Applicants : Aspects Not Commonly Visible
Posted Oct 07, 2005; updated Oct 10, 2005

We wish to stress to all of our readers that we absolutely sympathize with them, as they suffer during this difficult time. Retrogression and unavailability of visa numbers creates a variety of life-altering problems and obstacles for the immigrant. We do not view the unavailability of visa numbers as a positive situation; to the contrary, legislative change is needed to address this. Our article is intended simply to try to show some aspects of retrogression that may not be commonly visible.

:eek: We are not just accepting the situation and do not expect our readers or clients to do so either. The laws need to be changed in order to fix this situation, and we urge our readers to make their voices heard and to urge their employers to do the same. :eek:

I (my company) did complete all information as advised by
http://flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp
and emailed to
H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US, but no response till this minute.

Jaiatl said:
Send following to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US. You should get in few hours. All information MUST be correct. Cross check your info from http://flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

Employer name:
Employer address:

Alien name:
Alien address:

State of filing:

Filing EB2 Perm

Hi,

I need some opinion on filing EB2 Perm. My employer already filed LC in may 2003 in EB3 category. But looks like EB3 will take longer time because of the retrogression. I'm from india so I heard it is worse for me.I don't know if EB2 is under same retrogression like EB3 but would like to get some opinion.Is there any chance of getting GC little faster by filing EB2 perm? I would loose PD by filing EB2 Perm. I will have the PD somewhere arround jan2006. Will that make any difference loosing PD? Please post some opinions.

thanks

immi2003 said:
Hi,

I need some opinion on filing EB2 Perm. My employer already filed LC in may 2003 in EB3 category. But looks like EB3 will take longer time because of the retrogression. I'm from india so I heard it is worse for me.I don't know if EB2 is under same retrogression like EB3 but would like to get some opinion.Is there any chance of getting GC little faster by filing EB2 perm? I would loose PD by filing EB2 Perm. I will have the PD somewhere arround jan2006. Will that make any difference loosing PD? Please post some opinions.

thanks

I advice you to stay put with existing application and help us raise awareness about BEC backlog.

change BEC

Is it possible to change BEC (from Phili to Dallas).I filed in CA and half the cases went to both the BECs.Dallas is adjudicating 2003 whereas Phili is still stuck with 2001-2002.Is it possible to change the BEC?
Can I ask my lawyer to do that?

immi2003 said:
Hi,

thanks

I am in similar situation except my PD is earlier (07/02-RIR-EB3). At that time, I did not have MS. But now I do and there are jobs in our company that require MS, so I can file for one of those jobs with EB2.

I talked to my lawyer - with whom, I am not very impressed with - about this. He thinks that we should keep the existing application. I wonder if there is a way, where you can move from EB3 to EB2 by filing a new application under PERM but keep your old PD. That would be the best option. I doubt my lawyer knows all these complexities. In fact, some of you guys know more about these issues than some lawyers I have spoken with.

Action still required

saknia said:

Read this in Murhty.com web Site

Retrogression for I-485 Applicants : Aspects Not Commonly Visible
Posted Oct 07, 2005; updated Oct 10, 2005

We wish to stress to all of our readers that we absolutely sympathize with them, as they suffer during this difficult time. Retrogression and unavailability of visa numbers creates a variety of life-altering problems and obstacles for the immigrant. We do not view the unavailability of visa numbers as a positive situation; to the contrary, legislative change is needed to address this. Our article is intended simply to try to show some aspects of retrogression that may not be commonly visible.

:eek: We are not just accepting the situation and do not expect our readers or clients to do so either. The laws need to be changed in order to fix this situation, and we urge our readers to make their voices heard and to urge their employers to do the same. :eek:

I urge all of you to send emails to senators and everyone concerned. The email addresses can be found in the previous posts. They will not understand what problems we are facing unless we make our voices heard. The rules always look good on paper but it is up to us to point out the flaws in the system.

Sitting back will not help. We want them to not only increase the visas but also allow I485 filing even if PD is not current. This will happen only if we make a strong point about the difficulties we face by having to stick to one blood sucking employer and not getting AP and EAD for self and spouse by not being able to file I485.

We still have a week to make our concerns public before the hearing starts.
Please please please send emails to senators involved in this hearing. No one is going to penalize us for trying to make the system better.

We should not feel too comfortable yet. We all thought Backlog Reduction Centers will reduce the waiting time for our LC's by several months. Look at what's going on now.

This is the time to send our concerns to the decision making people.
Please do not sit back. This may be our only chance.

immi2003 said:
Hi,

thanks

losing your PD would make a difference, but even then, EB2 Jan/06 might get a GC faster than EB3 May/03, especially for India.

The problem is that apparently to file PERM for EB2, your job really needs to require MS. For example, if you're in IT, that could be a problem. I've heard about people getting PERM denied because adjudicators think IT jobs don't really require MS, so you need to ask your attorney about that.

Why don't you file PERM EB2 and keep old EB3 running in parallel ?! if you get the PERM approved, then you could toss the EB3 away, because with the labor approved you could file for 140 and at the bare minimum would able to extend your H visa for 3 years instead of 1. I think having an EB2 labor approved is definitely an advantage in this GC mess.

uh.. finally i got your point.
Eventhough my case was filed from Florida and forwarded to Atlanta,
http://flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp website says mine is from michigan and forwarded to Atlanta. I dont know how that is possible.
Now i understand why there is no reply. :confused: :confused:

Philly BEC is a big dark black hole.. what will happen to my case like this :eek:

Jaiatl said:

Employer name:
Employer address:

Alien name:
Alien address:

State of filing: