Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

coolguy11 said:
I urge all of you to send emails to senators and everyone concerned. The email addresses can be found in the previous posts. They will not understand what problems we are facing unless we make our voices heard. The rules always look good on paper but it is up to us to point out the flaws in the system.

Sitting back will not help. We want them to not only increase the visas but also allow I485 filing even if PD is not current. This will happen only if we make a strong point about the difficulties we face by having to stick to one blood sucking employer and not getting AP and EAD for self and spouse by not being able to file I485.

We still have a week to make our concerns public before the hearing starts.
Please please please send emails to senators involved in this hearing. No one is going to penalize us for trying to make the system better.

We should not feel too comfortable yet. We all thought Backlog Reduction Centers will reduce the waiting time for our LC's by several months. Look at what's going on now.

This is the time to send our concerns to the decision making people.
Please do not sit back. This may be our only chance.

I also urge everybody to join yahoo group (PBEC_victim) and send message to your senetors about BEC problem. Remember, without your case being cleared by BEC, visa number increase won't help you in any way.

Hello Friends,

I just sent the letter to the following contacts below:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Labor certification delay makes me suffer a lot. Would you please speed up to achieve promise given by DOL (Department Of Labor) to finish all cases in two years.

Sincerely,
Your Name
Your Address
Your Phone Number
Your Email Address

------------------------------------------------------------------------

CC:

The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Emily Stover DeRocco
Assistant Secretary
Employment and Training Agency
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Gordon S. Heddell, Inspector General
George J. Opfer, Deputy Inspector General
Office of Inspector General
Room S-5502
Washington, DC 20210

OIG Hotline: Report Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
Room S-5506
Washington, DC 20210
Telephone: (202) 693-6999 or 1-800-347-3756

US department of labor.
ETA
1 belmont AVE, suite 200
Bala cynwya, PA 19004

Judicial Watch, Inc.
P.O. Box 44444
Washington, D.C. 20026

---------------------------

Also join this forum to support the efforts:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PBEC_Labor_Victims/

come on guys, lets join to together.

I wish goodluck to everyone .

Chandra.

To All Fellow PBEC Sufferers

Hello Friends,

__________________________________________________ _________

Dear Sir/Madam:

Labor certification delay makes me suffer a lot. Would you please speed up to achieve promise given by DOL (Department Of Labor) to finish all cases in two years.

Sincerely,
Your Name
Your Address
Your Phone Number
Your Email Address

------------------------------------------------------------------------

CC:

The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
200 Constitution Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Emily Stover DeRocco
Assistant Secretary
Employment and Training Agency
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
Washington, DC 20210

Gordon S. Heddell, Inspector General
George J. Opfer, Deputy Inspector General
Office of Inspector General
Room S-5502
Washington, DC 20210

OIG Hotline: Report Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
Room S-5506
Washington, DC 20210
Telephone: (202) 693-6999 or 1-800-347-3756

US department of labor.
ETA
1 belmont AVE, suite 200
Bala cynwya, PA 19004

Judicial Watch, Inc.
P.O. Box 44444
Washington, D.C. 20026

Also join this forum to support the efforts:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PBEC_Labor_Victims/

come on guys, lets join to together.

I wish goodluck to everyone .

Chandra.

Multiple labor

gchelpme said:
sometime back dol withdrew the ruling where they stopped multiple labor? so why are you stillworried about two labor...

also can you tell me - to get a case number from BEC is 45 day letter required?
As far as I remember, Rajiv and other attorneys said that DOl withdrew the rules, because they just published it as a FAQ instead of introducing it the proper way. It means there's a chance that they'll try it again, so why shouldn't we be prepared if this happens.
If you want to get your case number, send an e-mail to PBEC. They don't reply to status requests, so you can only use the H-1B 7th year address (see it in the faq http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=165626 ).

Same boat

I am in the same boat.. I dont see me in there. I see others in 1998 and also 2003 but I cant see me in 2002.. I guess the 1998 guys are certified and 2003 are PERM ....... Not sure why my date doesnt show up....

boston_LC said:
http://flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

does this link reports only perm cases or cases of BECs or both ? The date range they gave,,my case shud be in here but its not...any idea ?

Just sent a complain to the Office of the Inspector General for the Department of Labor .... :D Let's see what happens next !

How do you guys that get your case status over the phone start the conversation with the people at PBEC ? Everytime I call them, I get transferred to the automated system ... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Just start talking "how is weather in Philly ..?", even if they transfer to automated system, keep pressing "0" it will go to operator.. :D
MDwatch said:
How do you guys that get your case status over the phone start the conversation with the people at PBEC ? Everytime I call them, I get transferred to the automated system ... :(

PCChandra said:
Hello Friends,

Dear Sir/Madam:

Sincerely,
Your Name
Your Address
Your Phone Number
Your Email Address

MAY BE WE CAN USE THIS FORMAT for SUBMISSION. ( Forum Members Feel free to comment and add points as necessary. Keep in mind this should be simple and should be in One Page - not to waste time of these senior people and as well as to convey our points in a Nutshell)

Add Points around these

1) What is our Current issue ( No FIFO and No Speed etc)

2) What is the difficulty we face now due to that issue ( Lost chance due to Retrogations because of slow processing etc -even though this is naother issue)

3) What remedy we need from them ( More people at PBEC or DBEC)

Dear Sir/Madam:

We appreciate the current initiatives the Government has taken so far in addressing the issues with Backlogged Labor petitions. We also would like to thank the staff and administration in the DOL for their hardwork and sincere efforts in clearing this backlog for all of us and betterment of the Country.

We have some grievances with the system which we would like to bring to the notice of all of you.

The current pace at which things are happening at the Two Backlog centers add more difficulty and delay to the already delayed Labor Petition. The FIFO order which was to be applied in adjudicating the cases is not happening in both the Centers. Also there is huge difference in FIFO when adjudicated cases are compared with Priority Dates between PBEC and DBEC.

There are cases in PBEC that dates back to Year 2001, which are not yet approved while some cases with Priority dates of 2003 has been adjudicated by DBEC. This brings inequality among the Two Queues.While we can understand some difference in months for Cases adjudication between these Two Centers, we believe that difference in Years is unreaonable.

We understand that DOL need necessary Resources, Funds and Support to achieve the set target for clearing the Backlogged Cases. They need this support from the Higher Authorities as well as from Congress for speeding up the process with their current work.

We request all your goodselves to consider our plight and find a solution where by the process of adjudication can be more reasonable and timely.

request to transfer 10000 CA case to DBPC

Hi:
I sent the following letter to DOL Secretary Chao:
If your labor certification is from CA, Please send the letter to Chao to see if we can make some impact to them.
Thanks
WE

To: The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
200 Constitution Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Dear Sir/Madam:
I applied my permanent labor certification on June 11 2002 in California. On May 1 2003, my case was sent to San Francisco regional office. In Nov 2004, my case along with other 10000 California permanent labor certification cases was transferred to Philadelphia labor certification backlog process center. My case number is P-04308-331xx. My case was not adjudicated by now.
From immigrationportal.com, I know that not single California case was adjudicated by Philadelphia back log process center, while Dallas backlog process center are adjudicating May/June 2003 California cases. I feel it is unfair to me to delay my labor certification in Philadelphia backlog process center. I would like to request to transfer my labor certification case back to Dallas back log process center for the following reason.
1. In the web site of DOL, California labor certification case should be transferred to Dallas backlog process center, so it is a mistake to transfer 10000 California labor certification cases to Philadelphia back log process center. Transfer 10000 California labor certification cases back to Dallas Backlog process center will avoid confusion created by the inconsistence between DOL web site and reality.
2. Transfer 10000 California cases back to Dallas backlog process center will balance the work load between Dallas backlog process center and Philadelphia backlog process center. Dallas backlog process center is far ahead Philadelphia backlog process center in process time, Dallas backlog process center is working on May/June 2003 California cases while Philadelphia didn’t process any California permanent labor certification case.
3. Transfer 10000 California cases back to Dallas BPC will help to synchronize PD between Philadelphia BPC and Dallas BPC. It will help to reduce unfairness of process time difference between Philadelphia BPC and Dallas BPC.

Thanks

Finally...Finally after 4 days wait i got email from Philly BEC...though the result was not very exciting... :rolleyes:
Some_GreenCard said:
uh.. finally i got your point.
Eventhough my case was filed from Florida and forwarded to Atlanta,
http://flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp website says mine is from michigan and forwarded to Atlanta. I dont know how that is possible.
Now i understand why there is no reply. :confused: :confused:

Philly BEC is a big dark black hole.. what will happen to my case like this :eek:

One of my collegue who filed his LC in Nov 2004 and he got his 45 days letter. He is from the same company as I am too.

worriedEngineer said:
Hi:
If your labor certification is from CA, Please send the letter to Chao to see if we can make some impact to them.
Thanks
WE

200 Constitution Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Dear Sir/Madam:
I applied my permanent labor certification on June 11 2002 in California. On May 1 2003, my case was sent to San Francisco regional office. In Nov 2004, my case along with other 10000 California permanent labor certification cases was transferred to Philadelphia labor certification backlog process center. My case number is P-04308-331xx. My case was not adjudicated by now.
From immigrationportal.com, I know that not single California case was adjudicated by Philadelphia back log process center, while Dallas backlog process center are adjudicating May/June 2003 California cases. I feel it is unfair to me to delay my labor certification in Philadelphia backlog process center. I would like to request to transfer my labor certification case back to Dallas back log process center for the following reason.
1. In the web site of DOL, California labor certification case should be transferred to Dallas backlog process center, so it is a mistake to transfer 10000 California labor certification cases to Philadelphia back log process center. Transfer 10000 California labor certification cases back to Dallas Backlog process center will avoid confusion created by the inconsistence between DOL web site and reality.
2. Transfer 10000 California cases back to Dallas backlog process center will balance the work load between Dallas backlog process center and Philadelphia backlog process center. Dallas backlog process center is far ahead Philadelphia backlog process center in process time, Dallas backlog process center is working on May/June 2003 California cases while Philadelphia didn’t process any California permanent labor certification case.
3. Transfer 10000 California cases back to Dallas BPC will help to synchronize PD between Philadelphia BPC and Dallas BPC. It will help to reduce unfairness of process time difference between Philadelphia BPC and Dallas BPC.

Thanks

This is suicidal, ineffective and selfish move. Tomorrow, everybody will start mailing with the request that
"This is my details, please clear my labor".
Do you think, that will work ?
Any letters written to BEC should be generic, don't add more complication and cofusion by suggesting them what they should do. Also lot of information in the letter is completely wrong.

If we do this, are you sure it will not jeopardize our LC??

My Labor also from CA,RIR-EB3, PD Sept 30, 2002, 45 days Letter received and submitted March 2005... waiting for certification!!

worriedEngineer said:
Hi:
Thanks
WE

200 Constitution Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thanks

Add my case in Philly tracker

My case was sent from CA to Philadelphia center.
Pls. add my case details to the tracker system.
Details are in my signature.

What is the phone number in PBEC?

MDwatch said:

I don't agree

Where is wrong information.
I didn't ask them to clear my labor, I ask for fairness.
Thanks
WE
USCISisMockery said:
This is suicidal, ineffective and selfish move. Tomorrow, everybody will start mailing with the request that
"This is my details, please clear my labor".
Do you think, that will work ?
Any letters written to BEC should be generic, don't add more complication and cofusion by suggesting them what they should do. Also lot of information in the letter is completely wrong.

Maybe the quickest shot is ask replacing PBEC's chief CO with DBEC's instead of shifting files back and forth.
worriedEngineer said:
Where is wrong information.
I didn't ask them to clear my labor, I ask for fairness.
Thanks
WE