Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

spicensour said:
I am also going to do that.I do not see anything happening in Phili.Instead of sitting and talking nonsense,lets all Ca people do that.

Are you crazy, you tell them what to do ? And if you still want to guide, why not tell them to adjudicate all of our case, rather than moving from Philly to Dallas. That's dumbest request I ever saw on this forum. Just imagine if everybody from different state starts separate demands, what would happen. I would start initiative to transfer all NJ case back to Trenton SWA (if it exists).

People, this is the time to leave your individuality, selfishness and to start thinking in terms of group, community. Spend some time and send as many letter to senetors before Oct 18 meeting. Also inform your friend about yahoo group.

USCISisMockery said:
People, this is the time to leave your individuality, selfishness and to start thinking in terms of group, community. Spend some time and send as many letter to senetors before Oct 18 meeting. Also inform your friend about yahoo group.

Well said Mockery !

congrates !!

umd97 said:
Hi, all,

My attorney received the approval notice of my LC from PBEC yesterday.

MD EB3 RIR
PD: 10/26/01
RD: 05/03/04
BEC#: P-04280-xxxxx
45day letter: 08/23/05 (case closed in April, reopened on 08/23/05)
Approved Date: 09/29/05

Congrates. It is good to see that PBEC is not dead although with this pace they would be done only in next century :mad:

I cannot believe my eyes that how come PBEC can be soooooo slow compared to DBEC when the latter are already processing Aug 2003 whereas PBEC is still struggling to send out approvals for 2001. It is ridiculous... Man I am so pissed !!

On the brighter side.. atyagi73 - Your case will probably be certified before end of this year..... good luck !!

atyagi73 said:
Congrates. It is good to see that PBEC is not dead although with this pace they would be done only in next century :mad:

Spouses, kids kept out of US visa cap.

Hi All,

I was going thru this link and thought of sharing with you all.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1260157.cms

I am not sure where they got the number 140,000(I think H1 cap is 65,000+20,000 for people who did Masters in US universities) from but I feel that they are not refering to H1 B. The number looks same as that of our Green Card Visa number.

Can you guys please correct me if I am wrong?

NJGCMar03

Last edited by a moderator:
What to do?

I am from retro affected India. We applied for LC (EB3 category, PD May 2004) through my wife's employer (she is a teacher in public school system). I did not expect this much mess in PBEC. I am a scientist having PhD and six years post doc(g) experience, also having decent number of publications. I plan to apply for EB1 NIW. Now EB1 also affected by retro. My kid will be age out in couple of years. Friends I need your inputs what I should do?

Cool

This will be an awesome news if spouses and children don't eat up the visa numbers which would enable the retrogression to jump ahead in years. Hope this news has some validity... :confused:

NJGCMar03 said:
Hi All,

I was going thru this link and thought of sharing with you all.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1260157.cms

I am not sure where they got the number 140,000(I think H1 cap is 65,000+20,000 for people who did Masters in US universities) from but I feel that they are not refering to H1 B. The number looks same as that of our Green Card Visa number.

Can you guys please correct me if I am wrong?

NJGCMar03

Any news of CA cases in PBEC

dying for GC said:
Hi ladude10,
Can you post some more information about your friends' case.
I am also from CA with PD 5/17/2002.
Waiting patientially to hear the good news.

I am also with CA (PD 06/26/2002)....my case is sent to PBEC.
Any news about CA cases being approved at PBEC!

Where can I find tracker excelsheet ? Can anyone send me the link ?

Hi UMD97

umd97 said:
Hi, all,

My attorney received the approval notice of my LC from PBEC yesterday.

MD EB3 RIR
PD: 10/26/01
RD: 05/03/04
BEC#: P-04280-xxxxx
45day letter: 08/23/05 (case closed in April, reopened on 08/23/05)
Approved Date: 09/29/05

Hi

Congrats

Did you check your sttaus with 7 Year proof mail anytime. If so give us the details please

The economic times article affects 485

This is a proposal to increase final stage I-485 visa numbers (green card issuance). If approved and passed by congress, this will substantially move forward the cut-off date for I-485, meaning that if labor gets approved, then one can file for I-485 and can get EAD card if their labor application was filed before the cut-off date.

All these are just proposals in front of the senate Judiciary commitee

All the news thrown around at present is just the proposed changes coming in front of the senate judiciary commitee..

The morons at news papers donot understand the legislative process in the US..
They write an article like it is already a law. The news papers have a tendency to manufacture and distort news.

The commitee has to vote on these changes and then it would go as part of the spending bill to senate floor and then again there would be voting....
At any time some senator might decide to propose another amendment eliminating the changes.There are many a slip bet'n cup and lips....

Please write to your senators and the senate Judiciary commitee supporting these changes...

Last edited by a moderator:
We should approach CompeteAmerica for help with DOL!!

This is great news. At least, some hope to get relief in retrgression problem. I believe we should also contact/fax/e-mail the lobbying group CompeteAmerica which is one of the groups behind this recent green card countings changes. Here are their contact info:

Compete America
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Suite 600
Washington, DC 20004

General inquiries:
info@competeamerica.org

Media inquiries:
Eric Thomas
ethomas@competeamerica.org

ItsTough said:
This is a proposal to increase final stage I-485 visa numbers (green card issuance). If approved and passed by congress, this will substantially move forward the cut-off date for I-485, meaning that if labor gets approved, then one can file for I-485 and can get EAD card if their labor application was filed before the cut-off date.

Never said....Do Nothing..Did I?

spicensour said:
The main problem is that we take things for granted.Things that are not fair.The whole BEC system was made to cater to the FIFO and to be fair.I don't see how we can sit and watch and do nothing and just talk and take the bull----.
:mad:

Guys, sorry about the misunderstandings here. All I meant was do it...Send letters..I Like worriedEngineer's initiativeness..I liked what he has been doing...I just want people to know that don't be specific..Be general...Tell Secretary Chao to Speed up the porcess for PBEC and not transfer cases here and there.

Also, don't be specific..be general and make sure we all hit the same cause...PBEC TIME TO ACT!!!

Thanks guys and hope we get something out of this

whereismy_gc said:
Guys, sorry about the misunderstandings here. All I meant was do it...Send letters..I Like worriedEngineer's initiativeness..I liked what he has been doing...I just want people to know that don't be specific..Be general...Tell Secretary Chao to Speed up the porcess for PBEC and not transfer cases here and there.

Also, don't be specific..be general and make sure we all hit the same cause...PBEC TIME TO ACT!!!

Thanks guys and hope we get something out of this

DBEC is processing July/2003 cases. This is so frustrating. What kind of FIFO is this?

PBEC is following FIFO!

Who says PBEC is not following FIFO. It is strictly following FIFO...only that as far as we are concerned FIFO means F***ed In F***ed Out.

coolguy11 said:
DBEC is processing July/2003 cases. This is so frustrating. What kind of FIFO is this?

My letter to Senator Arlen Specter in support of McCain-Kennedy

Please use this letter as a template if you wish, contact as many Senators and Congressmen as you can. Replace the x's, y's, z's etc and modify the language slightly so that all letters don't look the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senator Specter,

I really appreciate the important work that you are doing in the US Senate on behalf of Pennsylvania residents. This letter is to tell you that the immigration system to the United States is broken, and to appeal to you to work with Senators MacCain and Kennedy to fix it.

I am a prospective immigrant to the United States. I have lived in the US since xxxx, and have a xxx degree in xxx from xx University. I have worked for xxx in Y town, Z State, for over x years, and have risen to the position of xxx. I have been doing my part to contribute to the American economy, both with my career, and with my Social Security and Federal and State taxes.

My employer filed for labor certification (the first step in the Green Card process) in xx date, to start the permanent residency application process for me. However, this application is now at a backlog elimination center in Philadelphia, with no estimates as to its adjudication. Over 300,000 applications are pending at the backlog centers, with most of them being applications from illegal and out-of-status workers who were allowed to enter the mainstream under Section 245(i) of the immigration statutes in 2001. These workers will also use up the visa numbers to immigrate to the United States for years to come, delaying the applications of honest taxpayers and contributors to the US economy. At the current pace, it will take me over 10 years to get a green card.

Since my application for a green card is tied to a job, I cannot get a significant promotion in my job since that would force a fresh application and move me to the end of the immigration line. It is a shame that to advance in a career would mean to retrograde in the immigration line.

Senators McCain and Kennedy propose to increase the visa numbers available for immigrants. They also propose to let some workers self-sponsor themselves for green cards, without being tied to a job. This is a laudable concept, and would free workers such as myself to pursue our careers, to advance in our careers and still hold our places in the immigration line.

I appeal to you to work with Senators McCain and Kennedy on the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act, HR 2330. Please increase American immigration visa numbers. Please allow honest workers to self-sponsor themselves for green cards instead of relying on an employer.

Sincerely,

Your name here