Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I have sent you a private email. please check it out.
MD2001 said:
Guys,

I should say I am lucky. I was able to use another LC of similar position which came in last minute and my employer promptly agreed to use it for me. Even though my LC is also old, I have gone for it considering the retrogression.

Our lawyer sent out the filing today...and here are the LC details:

EB2, RIR, MD
PD: 05/09/2001
RD: 10/28/2003
Case Number: P-0425x-04xxx
AD: 08/03/2005 (PBEC took more than a month and half to send the actual approval notice!!!)

- MD2001

Congrats wheremylc.. all the best in your filing. You will be able to file it provided you have all the documents ready and the lawyer has got all the papers filled up(which is too much to assume). If the lawyer has not yet got your 140/485 forms ready ask him to start working on it right "NOW". Keep the fax machine ready so that you can ask hin to fax you the papers as soon as he completes them and check the papers for mistakes and typos.

If I were you I wouldnt worry about the medical part, because you can give it to them when you get a query for medical reports. You got limited time so act soon. All the best.

wheremylc said:
A good news. I got a letter from my lawyer today that my LC is approved. Is it possible to apply for I 485 within two days?
Also, my H1 expires in Jan 2006 (7th year). With the labor approved, can I file for extension of H1B?
Thanks

Details
P-04274-xxx
PD- Sep 2001
45 day letter recd Dec 15, 2004
45 day replied 12 Jan 2005
labor approved 9/28/2005

tot-batot said:
GUYS
Just want to let you know , I got my 45 Days letter TODAY
State: VA
PD: 11/23/2003
RIR

Hi Tot-batot,

I also filed from VA and my PD is OCT 2003 and I havent yet received my 45 days letter? When did you receive it?

Congrats!

Congratulations!! on your approval. This is the first approval this week that we heard of in the forum.

Its going to be really hard to apply for I-485 in a day. For it to be received by USCIS you have to Fed Ex overnight today evening. Its not impossible. Try. It all depends on co-operation between employer and lawyer. If you can take a day off from work you can try it.

You can extend H1-B for 8th year.

Good Luck with your next stages.

wheremylc said:
A good news. I got a letter from my lawyer today that my LC is approved. Is it possible to apply for I 485 within two days?
Also, my H1 expires in Jan 2006 (7th year). With the labor approved, can I file for extension of H1B?
Thanks

Details
P-04274-xxx
PD- Sep 2001
labor approved 9/28/2005

rirlaborCT said:
This message is for TOT-BATOT,

Can you please tell me whether your case went to Regional or not??
If it did not go to Regional, then you are lucky to get 45 day letters.
ALSO can you please provide few digits from your case num???

Thanks in advance.

No my case didnt make it to regional , as the new screenshot that I jsut got says STATE, case status is now DATA REVIEW, and now the case number is starting with P instead of T

Can any body tell me what is DATA REVIEW

Thanks

Hope this information helps

TOT-BATOT

USCISisMockery said:
Your message is absolutely correct, but why can't we do similar effor for BEC ? You seems to be the one with lot of energy and with willingness to do something about this. Please don't loose sight and keep your spirits high.

Its surprising, nobody (employer, lawyers) cares about BEC mess.
Retrogression is not that bad, atleast PERM applicants can't adjust their
status. Its just wrong, somebody with education, skill and experience, is
waiting in BEC ghetto for 4 years and stupid freshman with PERM approval can
file for 485.
Please go through my reasonings in the signature, why we should not care about
retrogression.

Lets not loose our focus on retrogression and just concentrate on BEC. If we
are so restless, why not go through AILA contact list and call all our politicians.

I think to group up with the yahoo group is the best bet... They are doing it ina big way, each guy is representing from a state and putting in a lot of effort compared to what is happening in this forum..I already posted about the Philly mess we have and to add it in the letter, that is the best way to get some attention. We all by ourselves will be a big battle to fight with BEC.. god knows when will we get good days..

As you have said, leave alone the employers/attorneys(why shud they..? we shudnt even expect from them) our members itself dont show any kind of interest..?

Maybe in a couple of months Philly center might come up with some good work. I personally think with the huge task they have only a 100 staff is very little. And you know how these guys work..half their time goes for coffe break and smoke break...No matter how much we bang our heads, their speed will not go up or will they change their strategy...

Bottom line is I really dont know what to do and the best bet is to add our problem in the yahoo group. Wish there is one big mike to announce on this forum :)

Retrogression also needs to be fighted..What ??!! those dates are simply crazy man!! we cant spend all our lives looking at that damn chart of visa-dates. There has to be done something seriously be senators..add minus or whatever. That group is also asking for dependants to start working after the 7th yr, atleast that sounds good for the wives and you can change employers at the 140 stage only...So, that forum is not just about retrogression only...

So it is a big way some effort is being put by them, all the guys in this forum shud join ASAP so all of us will be benefited...We all cant sit cool at this stage and check this forum each day with nothing much to do...

Trust me it is not easy to pool up so many guys and bring in such a momentum..its better we pool with them and give in all our support.... they all want to pool in money lor lobbying too and be heard much better, its better to put in 100$ now rather than wait endlessly here..

I J U S T H O P E E V E R Y O N E I S H E A R I N G !!!!!!

god save our desi community

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked out the yahoo group just now. It is pretty impressive. But it seems to be only focusing on getting more visa numbers. I wish we had something like this for PBEC problem. If we don't solve the PBEC bottle neck, even if we get more visa numbers, it only means that people with later PDs than us (approved from Dallas BEC, or PERM) will be able to file 485. The visa numbers will be filled up quickly while we are stuck in the lc hole.

PBEC has to work faster and smarter! We cannot control how they work. But if we put pressure on them, they will find a way to pick up the speed!

I agree, right now, the best bet is to add PBEC problem to the yahoo group's effort. They are already in action.

If you are interest, please register at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers/ and start participating!

VAhoper said:
I checked out the yahoo group just now. It is pretty impressive. But it seems to be only focusing on getting more visa numbers. I wish we had something like this for PBEC problem. If we don't solve the PBEC bottle neck, even if we get more visa numbers, it only means that people with later PDs than us (approved from Dallas BEC, or PERM) will be able to file 485. The visa numbers will be filled up quickly while we are stuck in the lc hole.

PBEC has to work faster and smarter! We cannot control how they work. But if we put pressure on them, they will find a way to pick up the speed!

I agree, right now, the best bet is to add PBEC problem to the yahoo group's effort. They are already in action.

If you are interest, please register at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers/ and start participating!

Now, lets storm that yahoo group to raise PBEC problem. Let everybody becoem its member and request them to mention PBEC plight.

certified

Hi,
My lawyer received the EB2 approved labor last week finally. It was approved by BEC on August 29th.

Wish you all the best...

cetified

i did got a letter yesterday in the mail saying it is certified. i do know that i can not file I-485 now because of visa number. but i am not sure if we file I-140 and after that visa number become current can we file at that time or we need to wait until we get I-140 done. guru's please advice.....i know next month onwards dates are not current but what is the impact on people who gets approval later next month. please share your thoughts....letter dated aug 31 but i received yesterday. see my luck...hah...

manju1968 said:
i did got a letter yesterday in the mail saying it is certified. i do know that i can not file I-485 now because of visa number. but i am not sure if we file I-140 and after that visa number become current can we file at that time or we need to wait until we get I-140 done. guru's please advice.....i know next month onwards dates are not current but what is the impact on people who gets approval later next month. please share your thoughts....letter dated aug 31 but i received yesterday. see my luck...hah...

Hi Manju:

Can you please advice what's your priority date? mine 5/17/2002...

You Can File I485!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take today off and talk to your lawyer immediately. You are ok to file 485 until 9/30. one day work can save you 5 years waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manju1968 said:

How to check the case status

Hi,
My case is pending in Dallas BEC.
How to checl the case status ?

I sent to mail to status@phi.DFLC.US
with body of
Company name : "Your Company"
First Name:"Yr First Name"
Last Name:"Yr Last Name"

i didn't get any reply..
my case was files in Delaware on 02/2003
is this correct one ?

or do i ndeed to send to h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us?

but still i have 2 years on h1b...

Computer printout is ok for filing 485

www.immigration-law.com

* AILA has just reported the USCIS public notice that the USCIS would accept the computer printouts of labor certification approval (both ETA 750 and ETA 9089) to allow these Indians, Chinese, and Fililpinos to file the concurrent I-140/I-485 within September 30, 2005. Those who are successful in timely filing I-140/I-485 before October 1, 2005 are required to update their I-140 petitions no later than October 31, 2005 with a hard-copy original of the labor certification application certified before October 1, 2005. When they update the I-140 petitions, they should reference in the letter the pending I-140 Receipt Number.
* We have also learned through our cases that the USCIS has just approved the I-140/I-485 Indian EB-2 case which was filed on June 11, 2005 to take out the EB-2 visa numbers for the family before October 1, 2005.
* This is the benefit of having an experienced team of leadership in the USCIS with remarkable expertise in the immigraion policy, issues, and practice. Without Robert Divine, Acting Director of USCIS, and William Yates, Deputy Director on Operations of USCIS, such admirable decisions could not have been thought out. This reporter would like to invite the employment-based immigrats, their employers, families and other people to send their big hugs to these two leaders.
* This reporter also wishes to give a credit to the leaders of AILA working behind to induce the USCIS leaders to take such action.

wheremylc said:
Thanks

Details
P-04274-xxx
PD- Sep 2001
labor approved 9/28/2005
Your lawyer sent you a letter! I bet he/she received the certification a week ago. I hope you can file your I485 in time. Otherwise, the first thing is to fire your lawyer.

It is possible to apply for 485. See my other posting.

wheremylc said:
Thanks

Details
P-04274-xxx
PD- Sep 2001
labor approved 9/28/2005

yes, the labor has to be cleared first.

USCISisMockery said:
Does it matter without your labor being approved ?

The labor has to be cleared. The advantage of this is after the labor cleared, you can use your old priority date, on which you filed your RIR or non-RIR that are still hanging in PBEC/DBEC!

VAhoper said:

USCISIsMockery said:
Now, lets storm that yahoo group to raise PBEC problem. Let everybody becoem its member and request them to mention PBEC plight.

I got in touch with an online guy from the techgroup forum.. He says they are mostly concentrating on retrogression and from what i see is that they r mostly belong to Dallas BEC and have 45 day letters. I sent 2 mails to guys I saw in the forum were from NY asking if there is any 'lead' kind of a person for NY so we can add about Philly issue to that..will post when I hear from them..

That forum is way too agressive man !! they have about 2300 members until now..and I think it has just started very recently..

Pls lookout for your state guys in that forum so we can add PBEC issue in that..stay awake tonight on this job...