Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Lucky...happy

Guys,

I should say I am lucky. I was able to use another LC of similar position which came in last minute and my employer promptly agreed to use it for me. Even though my LC is also old, I have gone for it considering the retrogression.

Our lawyer sent out the filing today...and here are the LC details:

EB2, RIR, MD
PD: 05/09/2001
RD: 10/28/2003
Case Number: P-0425x-04xxx
AD: 08/03/2005 (PBEC took more than a month and half to send the actual approval notice!!!)

- MD2001

Is PD 2001 or 2002 ?

MD2001 said:
Guys,

I should say I am lucky. I was able to use another LC of similar position which came in last minute and my employer promptly agreed to use it for me. Even though my LC is also old, I have gone for it considering the retrogression.

Our lawyer sent out the filing today...and here are the LC details:

EB2, RIR, MD
PD: 05/09/2001
RD: 10/28/2003
Case Number: P-0425x-04xxx
AD: 08/03/2005 (PBEC took more than a month and half to send the actual approval notice!!!)

- MD2001

update from laywer

Hi,
I posted yesterday saying that my case status changes from Final review to rir.
I told my lawyer to find out what happened.. and this is what he came back with:

PBEC said: although we did aprove some cases randomly, we are now processing Apr 2000 (not sure what type). There are thousands & thousands of application in that period.. We are trying to clear that first.. Don't worry.. your case will be approved by 6 mths!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: .. It was in final reviews last month!!!

I am so numb that I can't even think right.. Is my lawyer trying to screw me because I was pushing him to call or is PBEC really that screwed.. It is like winning a damned lottery... right now I am really praying hard for a miracle.. :( :(

gclcwait.
PD 03/2002
MD rir EB2

this is totally sux!

gclcwait said:
Hi,
I told my lawyer to find out what happened.. and this is what he came back with:

PBEC said: although we did aprove some cases randomly, we are now processing Apr 2000 (not sure what type). There are thousands & thousands of application in that period.. We are trying to clear that first.. Don't worry.. your case will be approved by 6 mths!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: .. It was in final reviews last month!!!

I am so numb that I can't even think right.. Is my lawyer trying to screw me because I was pushing him to call or is PBEC really that screwed.. It is like winning a damned lottery... right now I am really praying hard for a miracle.. :( :(

gclcwait.
PD 03/2002
MD rir EB2

Apr 2000 ???

Are they saying there are thousand and thousands application from Apr'2000 or 2001 ??

gclcwait said:
Hi,

gclcwait.
PD 03/2002
MD rir EB2

I don't know

atyagi73 said:
Are they saying there are thousand and thousands application from Apr'2000 or 2001 ??

I don't know exactly..it seems that she said 'in that period' which can mean anything.. But I think it should be the applications before my date..

gclcwait said:
Hi,

gclcwait.
PD 03/2002
MD rir EB2

It seemed to me that they simply wasted one full year now, with all those firing and re-hiring of upper management and computer glitches. How in the world can they process 'thousands and thousands' and add another lot of thousands in 6 months, given the history of work-ethics, if any, at PBEC?

My lawyer's office does not have any updates on PBEC. Incidentally, I got a reply from one of my state senators saying that she would raise this DOL issue at appropriate platforms whenever there's any hearing or debate or something.. I had written to the senators about this whole mess in early August. Atleast, she responded.

This message is for TOT-BATOT,

Can you please tell me whether your case went to Regional or not??
If it did not go to Regional, then you are lucky to get 45 day letters.
ALSO can you please provide few digits from your case num???

Thanks in advance.

gclcwait said:
Hi,

gclcwait.
PD 03/2002
MD rir EB2

To hear that numbers in thousands and thousands gives us the creep..!! call up PBEC..when I called too, she said I can get a letter in 3 months or 6 months and after we get a letter we are somewhere closeby and all the BS talk...

I dont think so the lawyer is doing something cos you can call up that no and it is pretty easy to get someone on the phone...But it depends on what kind of a character picks up our call..

All the H4 dependants are ready for data-entry stuff they talk about..thats a big help we can give to these cracks...

StressTestInUSA said:
...snip...

All the H4 dependants are ready for data-entry stuff they talk about..thats a big help we can give to these cracks...

Amen to that. Our H4 spouses and teenagers are the real sufferers in this whole delayed system. They are the true prisoners.

what about people like me

:eek:

I yet to receive any 45 day letter.

PD: Nov 2002
Regional Date: Nov 2003
SFO/CA DOL

I dont know where my case is also :confused:

Please Register Yourself At Yahoo Group

Guys...

Was just checking the yahoo group/techworkers. I think they are atleast trying to do something in a big way about retrogression. I think if all submit a letter to our senators it will make some impact at least. I just read someone got a call from a senator's office saying they will do something..but atleast that is a good sign...

If something good happens with the visa numbers, we can only worry about labor...which one day or the other needs to get thru..being optimistic...

Thinking of it...what good is a cleared Labor with no visa dates in the near vicinity...!!

So..please guys all visiting this forum, there is a well drafted letter, which you need to just email/fax to your senator. PLEASE dont think others will do,, if I dont do it wont make a difference....I am sure every email will get counted.

Pls click 'Files' on the left hand side for the drafted letter :

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers/messages/945?viscount=-30

Last edited by a moderator:
got LC approved

A good news. I got a letter from my lawyer today that my LC is approved. Is it possible to apply for I 485 within two days?
Also, my H1 expires in Jan 2006 (7th year). With the labor approved, can I file for extension of H1B?
Thanks

Details
P-04274-xxx
PD- Sep 2001
45 day letter recd Dec 15, 2004
45 day replied 12 Jan 2005
labor approved 9/28/2005

phone number PBEC

StressTestInUSA said:
To hear that numbers in thousands and thousands gives us the creep..!! call up PBEC..when I called too, she said I can get a letter in 3 months or 6 months and after we get a letter we are somewhere closeby and all the BS talk...

I dont think so the lawyer is doing something cos you can call up that no and it is pretty easy to get someone on the phone...But it depends on what kind of a character picks up our call..

Can u provide me the telephone number to call PBEC for the labor crtification case status. Thanks

suggestion about case status letter

Can I send a letter to PBEC directly to inquire about the case status or it has to go through attorney/employer. Please suggest. Contact number of PBES will be a great.

I got 45 days letter on February11,2005 and sent reply through fax on the very same day but still no response. My case was RIR March1st, 2002 from VA.[/B]

Thanks

which state....

Congrates !!

See if you can pull this off :)

BTW what was the state for ur case ?

wheremylc said:
A good news. I got a letter from my lawyer today that my LC is approved. Is it possible to apply for I 485 within two days?
Also, my H1 expires in Jan 2006 (7th year). With the labor approved, can I file for extension of H1B?
Thanks

Details
P-04274-xxx
PD- Sep 2001
45 day letter recd Dec 15, 2004
45 day replied 12 Jan 2005
labor approved 9/28/2005

khogaye said:
Can u provide me the telephone number to call PBEC for the labor crtification case status. Thanks
I dont think they will reply about a specific case and ask you to send an email for case status. When I mention my case was 2003..she said it is 'pretty new' :rolleyes: andshe has no answer to atleast an estimate of when they will reach my case and says wait and be more patient...

Anyway the number is from the doleta.gov website for Philly BEC..

StressTestInUSA said:
Guys...

Was just checking the yahoo group/techworkers. I think they are atleast trying to do something in a big way about retrogression. I think if all submit a letter to our senators it will make some impact at least. I just read someone got a call from a senator's office saying they will do something..but atleast that is a good sign...

If something good happens with the visa numbers, we can only worry about labor...which one day or the other needs to get thru..being optimistic...

Thinking of it...what good is a cleared Labor with no visa dates in the near vicinity...!!

So..please guys all visiting this forum, there is a well drafted letter, which you need to just email/fax to your senator. PLEASE dont think others will do,, if I dont do it wont make a difference....I am sure every email will get counted.

Pls click 'Files' on the left hand side for the drafted letter :

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers/messages/945?viscount=-30

Your message is absolutely correct, but why can't we do similar effor for BEC ? You seems to be the one with lot of energy and with willingness to do something about this. Please don't loose sight and keep your spirits high.

Its surprising, nobody (employer, lawyers) cares about BEC mess.
Retrogression is not that bad, atleast PERM applicants can't adjust their
status. Its just wrong, somebody with education, skill and experience, is
waiting in BEC ghetto for 4 years and stupid freshman with PERM approval can
file for 485.
Please go through my reasonings in the signature, why we should not care about
retrogression.

Lets not loose our focus on retrogression and just concentrate on BEC. If we
are so restless, why not go through AILA contact list and call all our politicians.

Last edited by a moderator: