Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

no status in screen shot

Hello All,

I received a response today for the request I sent to h1b7yr last week. but I found that there is no status in the screen shot. Before the status was 'Final review'. Gurus I need advice here.
Is this mean certified or DOL is getting smart?

GC_from_NJ said:
Your post makes complete sense to me as people with later PD's whose LC got certified had the luxury of filing up 485 and in the process using up the visa numbers. Now with the Oct bulletin USCIS is making sure they can maintain some kind of FIFO in the later stages. My thumbs up for this news... :)

We will have to wait and watch !!

If they are really for that purpose, they should have done that at least half a year ago. Since PERM has been implemented, thousands of cases must have been approved with PD mostly later than ours. Those applicants could have gone ahead to file I485. For most of us here, being able to file I485 is more important than having it approved. With the rumored retrogression, we probably will lose the chance for the filing. No matter how you put the gloss onto this, we are screwed again. My guess is the retrogression forecast is true because it is under a official domain name.

I am afraid this is just wishful thinking.

If the news is true, it's unlikely because DOS wants to do flow control. There is just no incentive for them to enforce the FIFO. DOS does it only for its own sake, could be visa over-subscription for the previous year, visa reserved to certain countries/certain categories, etc... Everybody knows and maybe accepts the fact that immigration involves lots of uncertainty, I just can imagine DOS jump out as a white knight and clean the mess up. Furthermore, the lack of inter-agency communications make it very unlikely that it is to enforce the FIFO, which is claimed by DOL.

If the news is really true, I think it’s more likely a policy change, a pretty clear signal to immigrants and removes some sort of uncertainty. In that sense it’s not all bad for people waiting in the pipeline. A more precise estimate of GC application may help lot of applicants better assess the opportunity and cost.

On the other hand, the retrogression is well beyond anyone's imagination. Somewhere is 2002 and 2003, even 2001, may be more reasonable. So its authenticity is far from certain.

Keep finger crossed!

egg0504 said:
Don't panic! Even if these dates are true, it only means that they're trying to enforce the so called FIFO at the I-485 stage. They couldn't do it at the BECs, not to mention PERM, so with ancient cut-off dates they can control the flow. With these dates nobody will be able to file for I-485 in the next months, so BECs can work on the 2001 and 2002 SWA cases. Once those are cleared, I'm sure the cut-off dates will jump years.
Just relax!

Guessing, not informing

Guys, before anybody takes my messages as "info", I have to tell you: DON'T DO IT. I'm just guessing like many others. I don't think there's any inter-agency agreement, it's just that USCIS is trying to keep their backlog as low as possible and avoid any lawsuits coming from people who's PD is old, but get their LC cleared later. If they let PERM guys get their GC before these backlogged, there will be surely some lawsuits and congressmen inquiries. "Enforcing the FIFO" is just the result of their self-protection.
For those of us, who have old PDs, but still in SWA stage, it's good news, for other backlogged applicants with later PDs (like me) it's not so good, but at least it shows some order, and for those in PERM, it's very bad.
I don't think USCIS cares how many PERM applicants have filed I-485. What matters is that probably non of them has got the GC yet, so their cases can be put on the side for a while. They'll probably get EADs, but that's only temporary, so it's not a problem for the agency. Unfortunately, we won't be able to get one for a while...
There's only one thing we can do: DO NOT GIVE UP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys check this link for the true info

pennwaiting said:
If they are really for that purpose, they should have done that at least half a year ago. Since PERM has been implemented, thousands of cases must have been approved with PD mostly later than ours. Those applicants could have gone ahead to file I485. For most of us here, being able to file I485 is more important than having it approved. With the rumored retrogression, we probably will lose the chance for the filing. No matter how you put the gloss onto this, we are screwed again. My guess is the retrogression forecast is true because it is under a official domain name.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2616.html

Labor Pending with BEC : PD March 2003 : 7th year

Gurus. I need help and would really appreciate it. My PD is March 2003 and Labor application is with BEC. I am already in 7th year. Is it possible for me to join a new employer and use a preapproved labor from them given the fact i am already in 7th year and assuming my current employer will not provide any paperwork. Please please help .

it's doable.

As long as the new employer file 140 for you before 7th expires, you can have 8th year extension.

If I were you, I would negotiate with the new employer to file 140 for me first before switching job, as least get a very serious commitment for 140 filing. Also consult a lawyer about your case. Usually the first 15 minutes or even half hour is free.

good luck!

rs_nyuser said:
Gurus. I need help and would really appreciate it. My PD is March 2003 and Labor application is with BEC. I am already in 7th year. Is it possible for me to join a new employer and use a preapproved labor from them given the fact i am already in 7th year and assuming my current employer will not provide any paperwork. Please please help .

EB1 and EB2 retrogression?

Guys,

This news seems really odd. How can the retrogression for EB2 workers go all the way to '99? The oldest cases in BEC are from Q4 2001.

If it goes all the way to '99, you are essentially looking at least another 3 years to get you green cards. So 3-4 years for labor and then another 3. If this is true then I want to activate plan B (Canada) and start planning my departure now. I can not put my life on hold for another 3 years for a GC.

Peace!
========================
EB2/RIR/CA/PD 09-02/RO 08/03

labor69 said:
I See C=Current for EB1, EB2 in employment catogory, so no problem !!
What it means "U" for EB3 ?

U is Unavailable
This link is for Sept 2005, shouldnt we be looking at October 2005?? (if available)

Birth Certificate

Friends
I dont have my birth certificate.Indian counsulate used to provide a birth certificate based on the passport.Can i use this one for green card purpose or what are the other options?

Nope, Not valid

a_yas said:
Friends
I dont have my birth certificate.Indian counsulate used to provide a birth certificate based on the passport.Can i use this one for green card purpose or what are the other options?

No that cert is not valid for GC. Go and look under 'issues with I485' for alternate solution.

Hello Folks,

Just wondering, does anyone think this discussion about the retrogression moving back to nov 98 might either be a hoax or a major miscommunication. Almost every document or post that validates this info says E2, E3 and E1 while we in the GC forums should be looking for EB2's and EB3's. The link takes us to Manila and amazingly that is the only place that has it apart from ppl who have downloded that info on to word and JPG documents. Also the fact that they have put F1 and F2's in the same document as E2 and E3. there is also some other posts which says "DOS Issues E-3 Regulation : Australians Only Posted Sep 09, 2005" in other forums. That is an altogether different visa catogory. Do you think some one read that post the worng way put 3 and 6 together and came up with 98? Just wanted to wonder aloud. :)

a_yas said:
Friends

a_yas,

You need to get your birth cerficate from you local muncipality or an affidavit. You can not use passport as far as I know

SN

The following has been posted in immigration-law.com

09/12/2005: Manila Website Visa Cutoff Date Report - Need Verification

* The Manila site cutoff date report is too suspicious at this time that we advise readers not to be too alerted by the Manila site report until details are verified. It is not going to be too long before the official Visa Bulletin will be released by the U.S. Department of State. Additionally, the specific nature and purpose of the Manila site report will be clarified soon. Until that, we advise the readers to ignore the Manila site report.

RE: You need to get your birth cerficate from you local muncipality or an affidavit.

Yes. It is true. INS will not honor the birth certificate issued by Indian Embassy.

SRK