Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Music to my ears....!

aprlc2002 said:
I see All NJ guys are in Panic. please have a lil bit patience also I know the reason why you should be but, sometimes your lady luck doesnt give away enough of diamonds :)

Until June 2003 all the applicants will be get their certifications this year end or at the most by march of next year... this is irrespective of the petitions that were made to Regional or not. Why VA and MD first because they were first to made it to PBEC.

Regards
Thanks a ton, I earnestly hope your words come true this time too!

too good to be true..

ahhh..mouth watering stuff.. :D
thats great news for NJ guys...Thanks aprlc2002..

tikal said:
I think this is excellent news/info. The drip of labor approval is soon going to change to a gushing crescendo. Its time for Led Zeppelin's "When the levee breaks..."

aprlc2002, you have a life's supply of soan papdi, surya kala, chandra kala, mysore pak, malai burfi, badam halwa, kaju pista, gulab jamun, balushahi, chekkara pongali, fig burfi, kaala jamun, jilebi, kajjikaayalu, karakajjam, khoya ke laddu, malai peda, mango burfi, kopra pak, motichur laddoo, paala thaalikalu, pista burfi, rajnigandha payasam, sooji burfi, gilori, parwal, moti bahar, malai sandwich, lychee sandesh, rajbhog, sondesh, maal pua, nariyal ka pittha, bele gasagasa payasa, methi kishmish and avial.

RJ_NJ2002 said:
DO you know when did your case converted from 'T' to 'P' ? Are you sure that you didn't recive a 45 day letter ?

There are several NJ applicants filed around you are waiting with no 45 day letter including me

RIR,NJ, PD 09/2002 , No 45 day letter

Not really. this is my 9th year extension. So I had sent the letter to backlog center.

Speculation Please .....

Can anyone help me speculate ? or even a guestimate would be good .....

My PD is Jan 2002 in NY State ....

It should be at Philly Backlog ....

Any guesses ? Approximates ? Lucky Pick ?

ccv said:
My Case # 2004XXXXX is a 9 digit number. However, when I try and log this on the USCIS website :
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do;jsessionid=bnoq2Vrkz9fh

to check on my status it error's stating that I need a 13 character code withthe first 3 characters as alphabets.

Could anyone tell me what I must do to get this 13 charater code ?

Thank You,
c: )

You are trying to check your status on the USCIS website. This is totally different from the Labor Certification. The website you are looking at is for applications such as I-129, I-140 or I-485 .... for the LC .... there is no website to check :(

BPC Anniversary

FACTOID OF THE DAY:

As far as I can tell the first day cases were entered into the BPC system was September 2, 2004. So tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of data entry at BPC.

Beam,

Yes, You still need to apply for H1-B 7th year extension after filing only I-140..Your h1 B will be extended for 3 yrs I guess. If you file concurrently for I-140 and 485 then u don't need H1 extensions any more.Hope this helps you.

SN

You need H1 all the time

Yes you need H1 on I-140 until you are on I-485 more than 90 days and have EAD card.

MD, VA, NY, NJ .. when will be CA ?

Aprlc2002,

When do u think CA will kick in ? Any input appreciated.

aprlc2002 said:
I dont think you will continue to see this pace in VA, MD approvals... It will be holded on until Oct/Nov. SO do not expect your until year ending or may be next year..... In this mean time other states especially NJ and NY will pick up I guess.. :)... not to convince you all guys but....

What does status 'Incomplete' mean?

Hi,
I sent an email to PBEC for proof for extension of Visa. The number starts with a T and also the status is shown as incomplete. What does this mean? My attorney has not yet received the 45 day letter.

Thanks,
JNLK

JustWatching said:
FACTOID OF THE DAY:

As far as I can tell the first day cases were entered into the BPC system was September 2, 2004. So tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of data entry at BPC.

Its disgrace for Government agency in most developed nation in the world to peform in this pattern. After 1 year of opertion they even don't have mechanism to check status. I even don't know if they have my application in the box.

That is a great help.I am a RIR with PD:3/1/2004 .
So I guess I will have to wait more than 6 months(in best case scenario) to get my 45 day letter if they would still be sending them by then.
Many thanks.

[1] Just another cause celebre for BEC to blow up another day - an early start to a long holiday.

[2] I don't agree. It would be shocking to see a government agency perform efficiently or logically. Govt culture everywhere is to relax, drink chaai & mithaai, and work a little to just break the boredom of inactivity. They strictly believe in LIFO at work - no wonder you don't see FIFO implemented there.

What could help is to make portability of the entire GC process as a minimum (independent of employer). So even if one is laid off or one wants to change to another job (in similar field etc), the underlying GC and PD would not get reset. Of course the delay in adjudication would still be an issue, but at least one would not be under a daily threat of getting whacked off the queue at the employer's will. But then if wishes were horses, then beggars would ride... With $4/gal gas prices, actually it may not be a bad idea...

Well USCIS won't be working the next week or so, so don't think about this LC quagmire for some time.

[1]
JustWatching said:
FACTOID OF THE DAY:

[2]
USCISisMockery said:
Its disgrace for Government agency in most developed nation in the world to peform in this pattern. After 1 year of opertion they even don't have mechanism to check status. I even don't know if they have my application in the box.

I agree with every word you have said.... this will be too good to be true. If NY/NJ cases prior to June 2003 be cleared then I can expect mine to be cleared by March 2006.. :D

Aprlc2002 - Our hopes has really risen up a lot after your weekly updates. Since we see approvals trickling in from 2001 and early 2002 is it possible to complete almost a year of backlogged cases in just 3 months ???

Please enlighten us !!

njhorrors said:
aprlc2002,

you have had an excellent track record, which makes me believe every word you say. but then it hits me .... what are you saying ?
You are saying that almost two years of backlog (NJ/NY and other states) will be gone in next 4 months. these 2 years of boxed applicatios have not even seen the daylight even after pb"E"c was created !!?

agreed that there is some movement ... but this extrapolation is a bit if a stretch for me to believe. But hey , who's complaining if it is true !!

anything that further substantiates this theory is most welcome.

that shows that its not very much different here than any other country. immigration/passport/visa offices are all operated with a thinking that they are dealing with the least important people. its a privilage and not a right and therefore people should always be grateful, follow rules and regulations and never complaint because their lives and future depend on them. its a wrong thinking in a democratic free nation but again we are probably not in a position to judge. Enjoy the weekend.!!