Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Re: What does incomplete mean ????

Hi,
I sent an email to PBEC for proof for extension of Visa. The number starts with a T and also the status is shown as incomplete. What does this mean?

Thanks,
KW1

Can I survive without 7th year extension?

SN4GC said:
Beam,

Yes, You still need to apply for H1-B 7th year extension after filing only I-140..Your h1 B will be extended for 3 yrs I guess. If you file concurrently for I-140 and 485 then u don't need H1 extensions any more.Hope this helps you.

SN
I do not have enough time left to file for my LC befor the end of my 5th year H1B. My 5th year ends this month. I qualify for EB2. If I file for labor now and if I am able to file 485 before the end of my 6th year, do I need 7th year extension to continue to stay here? Please help!!

Thank You
Sam23

Thanks

I guess, they are in Mar'02 .. another 2 more months ? Never know how long they are going to take to process this 2 months ..

Thanks for your input.
Xipe Totec said:
Aparently, once the queue reaches May 2002 -- that was the cut off date for SF DOL, remember?

Sam23 said:
I do not have enough time left to file for my LC befor the end of my 5th year H1B. My 5th year ends this month. I qualify for EB2. If I file for labor now and if I am able to file 485 before the end of my 6th year, do I need 7th year extension to continue to stay here? Please help!!

Thank You
Sam23
I don't know why you are worried about EB2/485 etc....you need to make sure --get your labor filed before your 5 years are finished whether EB2 or EB3...whatever it is

Sam23: Try to file PERM before end of 5th year. If this does not happen, then it is going to be luck driving the process - file for PERM even after 5th year ends, hope you get adjudicated in 7-8 months; the key is for you to file 485 and obtain an EAD to continue working and living in this country.
[a] The best case is if you obtain your EAD before 6th year ends, it is free sailing.
The not so bad case would be that you would be able to file 485 (considering EB2 regression issues) before end of 6th year, and obtain your EAD after your 6 years end. In the interim period of end of 6th year till you get your EAD, you would not be able to work, but could be in this country.
[c] The worst case is your LC does not get approved by end of 6th year, and you have to suddenly leave the country. I don't know if you can opt for CP (Consular Processing) in your home country, maybe this does not even exist now.
[d] Leave now, and come back next year with a fresh set of 6 years, and start GC ASAP.

Pl. ask a good lawyer with these base set of possibilities, hope you can apply PERM before end of your 5th year. Good luck...

Sam23 said:

Thank You
Sam23

I think you need to hurryup a bit. Before you start your 6th year, make sure that you have applied for the labor. It doesn't matter whether you are in EB2 or EB3. Everybody should apply for GC before 6th year. Hope this helps.

Sam23 said:

Thank You
Sam23

From what I read on the internet

After Oct.1st 2005, a new priority date may come out for EB3 vsia numbers. It will be different for the general and those from China, Mexico and Philippines. Correct me if I'm wrong.

lc410485gc said:
Anybody has news on EB3 Visa Numbers?

Beam said:
After Oct.1st 2005, a new priority date may come out for EB3 vsia numbers. It will be different for the general and those from China, Mexico and Philippines. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The visa bulletin for OCT 2005 will be released sometime in the middle of SEP 2005. So, please wait another 2 weeks and it will be clear.

USCISisMockery said:
Its disgrace for Government agency in most developed nation in the world to peform in this pattern. After 1 year of opertion they even don't have mechanism to check status. I even don't know if they have my application in the box.
Look at what is happening down in New Orlean and you will understand more how government works. Politicians are the same no matter what they are. Lots of promises, few deliverables.

tikal said:
What could help is to make portability of the entire GC process as a minimum (independent of employer). So even if one is laid off or one wants to change to another job (in similar field etc), the underlying GC and PD would not get reset. Of course the delay in adjudication would still be an issue, but at least one would not be under a daily threat of getting whacked off the queue at the employer's will. But then if wishes were horses, then beggars would ride... With $4/gal gas prices, actually it may not be a bad idea...
Day dream or over-excitement before holiday?

GC_from_NJ said:
I agree with every word you have said.... this will be too good to be true. If NY/NJ cases prior to June 2003 be cleared then I can expect mine to be cleared by March 2006.. :D

Aprlc2002 - Our hopes has really risen up a lot after your weekly updates. Since we see approvals trickling in from 2001 and early 2002 is it possible to complete almost a year of backlogged cases in just 3 months ???

Please enlighten us !!
What else do you want to hear to enlight you? You can cut it to 2 months. Happy holiday.

here's to a dry Philly

pennwaiting said:
Look at what is happening down in New Orlean and you will understand more how government works. Politicians are the same no matter what they are. Lots of promises, few deliverables.

Guys this might cheer you up.

Thank your stars that the pbEc is in nice and dry Philly and not in the flooded new orleans. With undreds of thousands of labor applicatiopns some with little or no computer record or any back up, could have been under water.
we would have been so eff'ed its not even frikkin funny.

but here we are .. our applications are safe .. YIPPEEEE !!

we are blessed !!! cheer up.

tikal said:
Sam23: Try to file PERM before end of 5th year. If this does not happen, then it is going to be luck driving the process - file for PERM even after 5th year ends, hope you get adjudicated in 7-8 months; the key is for you to file 485 and obtain an EAD to continue working and living in this country.
[a] The best case is if you obtain your EAD before 6th year ends, it is free sailing.
The not so bad case would be that you would be able to file 485 (considering EB2 regression issues) before end of 6th year, and obtain your EAD after your 6 years end. In the interim period of end of 6th year till you get your EAD, you would not be able to work, but could be in this country.
[c] The worst case is your LC does not get approved by end of 6th year, and you have to suddenly leave the country. I don't know if you can opt for CP (Consular Processing) in your home country, maybe this does not even exist now.
[d] Leave now, and come back next year with a fresh set of 6 years, and start GC ASAP.

Pl. ask a good lawyer with these base set of possibilities, hope you can apply PERM before end of your 5th year. Good luck...

This is trash. welcomegc makes sense.

welcomegc said:
I think you need to hurryup a bit. Before you start your 6th year, make sure that you have applied for the labor. It doesn't matter whether you are in EB2 or EB3. Everybody should apply for GC before 6th year. Hope this helps.

If the backlog center would have been in New Orleans, we would have waited for another 3-4 years to see labor approvals .

njhorrors said:

Thank your stars that the pbEc is in nice and dry Philly and not in the flooded new orleans. With undreds of thousands of labor applicatiopns some with little or no computer record or any back up, could have been under water.

Contents of 45 day letter!!!!

Guys could someone tell me the contents of the 45 day letter they have received.

PD: May 2002
NY.

njhorrors said:
aprlc2002,

you have had an excellent track record, which makes me believe every word you say. but then it hits me .... what are you saying ?
You are saying that almost two years of backlog (NJ/NY and other states) will be gone in next 4 months. these 2 years of boxed applicatios have not even seen the daylight even after pb"E"c was created !!?

agreed that there is some movement ... but this extrapolation is a bit if a stretch for me to believe. But hey , who's complaining if it is true !!

anything that further substantiates this theory is most welcome.

Disclaimer: This is my own speculation....

Aprlc2002' prediction would hold true if PBEC starts just rubber stamping approvals on 85-90% applications and just pick a few to investigate.....
They can say that no labor substitution rule would avoid fraud and just approve en masse....After certain time PBEC would come under pressure to show some results from Congress/WH . At that point just to show the results they would just start throwing out approvals.....Until and unless that happens we are stuck.....But I think that once the no labor substitution rule is published, this is how it is going to happen......I donot expect a government department to do anything else........or a private company in this situation ........
Another scenario is that they would investigate based on employer...So every first case that pops up for an employer would be investigated... after that they donot investigate that employer again.....So there would be delay as long as they donot run through most of the employers....Once they go through most of the employers...then they can start rubber stamping...

Last edited by a moderator:
You are wrong

njhorrors said:

You are wrong njhorrors.
Philly and Dallas were the first two states to immerse in flood long long time ago. People at these two states are stranded and unable to cope up with floods of LC applications.

Although they are flooded with LC applications they are not at all affected. In fact they are enjoying this flood as we poor immigrants are drowning very very deep with uncertainty.
:confused: