Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Before Mar 8th 2005, 95% is required. On and after that, 100% is requied for both pre-PERM and PERM.

Most likely they should apply 95% for cases ealier than Mar 8th.

ho_jayega said:
Hi Pandit's,
I got a screenshot from the Philadelphia Backlog Center in regard to my pending labor cert.
I have the same question, but otherway.
my Prevailing Wage is less than by almost 8k to Rate of Pay(yearly).
DO I NEED TO WORRY ?

My details:
PD: July 05 2002/CA/RIR/EB2
45 Day Love latter sent on 10th Mar 2005. :eek:

Choclito said:
Hello my friends,
I just recieve a mail from my lawyer telling me that my LC has being aproved :) He said that he call the BEC and they told him that in a few days they are going to send the letter.

Thank you God !!
You could have given your case details like PD, EB2/3, RIR/non-rir which state was ur case applied, when u got the 45day letter etc,To better understand what cases are being processed at PBEC...

Congrats and Good Luck!!

shalinilulla said:
Yes, mine is a traditional recruitment case and not RIR .. so I guess u're right, I'm at step 4 .. who knows how long to go ! I've asked my lawyer but haven't heard anything from him yet ... Thanks everyone !
Shalini,

Now that choclito is done with non-rir apr 2001 case, i guess you are next...
I am thinking probably you should send another email in sept 1st week to the 7th yr id, just to see if the status changed to final review!!

wlj_wzz said:
I've resisted the temptation to send email to H17Year for a long time. But today I couldn't hold on any more and sent one and got the response within 2 hours. The case status shows RIR, however, my attorney never informed me about the receiving of 45-day letter.

One question to ask gurus: the email shows that my salary is lower than prevailing wage, only about 97%. I know in the past, 95% would be allright. But they changed the rules for PERM to ask for 100% of prevailing wage. Will the cases in BEC apply 95% rules or 100% rule? Thanks a lot.
95% still applies unless the PW comes from Davis-Bacon Act (construction) or a collective bargaining (union) position.
Cases after March 05 in PERM must follow new rules(100%), however.

Last edited by a moderator:
BEC to PERM -> Only One LC Filing

Heads Up! This sucks big time! If you are thinking of filing PERM, watch out! I got promoted and I am thinking of filing PERM but this rule means I have to withdraw my old filing. I hope this rule get reverse. Such an unfair practice. BAD :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, a recent PERM FAQ update indicates that as of August 31, 2005 employees cannot have more than one labor certification actively in process for the same alien at any given time. means if u have a case pending at BEC you may not be able to file
another one under PERM.

http://www.immigration.com/newslett...ultifiling.html

Prevailing Wage

Icarus said:
95% still applies unless the PW comes from Davis-Bacon Act (construction) or a collective bargaining (union) position.

Thanks Icarus for your information. This information certainly will help a lot of people.

How to know case #

I need to know...can anyone ask for the screenshot without requesting 7th year extension.Did somebody did that??I don't know my case number and if i give them my employer name,my name ..will they will be able to tell me my case number ans status? Pls advice.Thanks

congrats

Choclito said:
Hello my friends,
I just recieve a mail from my lawyer telling me that my LC has being aproved :) He said that he call the BEC and they told him that in a few days they are going to send the letter.

Thank you God !!

Congratulations to you ..and lets hope thsi is not one of those sporadic approvals !!

Great news!!

Choclito said:
Hello my friends,

Thank you God !!

After a long wait Great news for you!! I wish you all the best.

Choclito said:
Hello my friends,

Thank you God !!
Yours is april 2001 TR, regional. It is supposed to be approved long time ago.

Icarus said:

Thank you Icarus for clarifying!
It's a huge relief hearing this from you.

Prevailing wage Question

Icarus said:

Hi guys,

My lawyer used to tell me I only need to worry about PW until I get the green card, meaning PW is the future salary your employer will need to pay you, not now. So my understanding is that LC approval should not be contigent upon your current wage level as long as your employer will pay you PW at the time green card is issued. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your help!

What was discussed here is not your current salary. It's the PW and offered salary. Both appear in your ETA 750A form. Basically offered salary should not be less than 95% of PW. The ratio was raised to 100% after Mar 8th.

What you talked was that your current salary can be lower than offered salary, however, by the time GC is issued, you'd better have the offered salary.

melindwang said:
Hi guys,

My lawyer used to tell me I only need to worry about PW until I get the green card, meaning PW is the future salary your employer will need to pay you, not now. So my understanding is that LC approval should not be contigent upon your current wage level as long as your employer will pay you PW at the time green card is issued. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Does it matter if your case reached philly BEC from regional office or SWA?
and how can one tell if the case was at regional before going to BEC?

PD: December 16, 2002 (NY RIR)
45 day letter received: August 15th, 2005

One more approval

My labor has been certified after 4 years of waiting.
Details.
RIR EB-2
Maryland filing date: 8/12/2001
Moved to Phil: March , 2004
45 Days Letter: March 2005
Labor cerified : 8/18/2005
Good luck to all of you.

Hi greencard007,

Did u/lawyer receive the actual LC (hard copy) or did u get the status from a screen shot?

My details r similar to urs except for the PD (Jan 02)..so I'm just trying ot come up with an estimate on when I might receive the letter.

Thanx
icici

greencard007 said:
Details.
RIR EB-2
Good luck to all of you.

fogman1 said:
What was discussed here is not your current salary. It's the PW and offered salary. Both appear in your ETA 750A form. Basically offered salary should not be less than 95% of PW. The ratio was raised to 100% after Mar 8th.

What you talked was that your current salary can be lower than offered salary, however, by the time GC is issued, you'd better have the offered salary.

Hi Fogman,
Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it.

lc410485gc said:
I summaried the following info for people who have same questions. It is not offical info from anywhere, just my personal opinion.

1. If you have not received your 45 day letter yet. I assume you are from NY, MD, NJ ... PBEC has not started mailing 45 day letters for those PD 2002 at SWA level.

You don't need worry but you need ask your lawyer or employer to call PBEC and get you a T case number. This can make sure you are in the queue at least.

2. If you want to switch to PERM.
Wait till early October 2005. In the middle of 9/2005, we will know whether visa number is available or not. Bythe end of 9/2005, we should get update from PBEC. We expect they can finish all data entry and ready to send out 45 day letters for all.

3. If you have P case number, your PD is 2002 and your case was in region before.
You will get certified by the 4th quarter of this year

I have a P number but my PD is Sep 2003, what does that mean?

Congrats 007, Choclito1

greencard007 said:
Details.
RIR EB-2
Good luck to all of you.
Encouraging news...

Congratulation Choclito

Congrats Choco, enjoye long waited moment.

Choclito said:
Hello my friends,

Thank you God !!