Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Hello,
First timer here.
Called Rosaline as per suggested here. she said that 45 day letters would be issued end of sept. they have stopped issuing them now. Also enquired my attorney, same info provided.

Any one input on when my case would be processed.

---------------------------------
RIR EB-2
SWA AL PD : 19 may 2004
never reached Atlanta center
nerver got 45 Day Letter

One more approval from PBEC

Seen this on the Murthy forum.

Maryland I got approvel today Philadelphia BEC
SBKM
Member posted August 17, 2005 12:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks God after long wait, approval came today
pd november 01
45 day letter replied 12/04
one thing I am still confused, in aproval letter it says cirtified and enlosed some kind of form which i have to sent it with I-140 and there is nothing enclosed.
Please help I have called my attorny, he has not got anything yet. This letter came to my employer.
Thanks
SB

one more pbec approval

here is a post from murthy forum:

Thanks God after long wait, approval came today
pd november 01
45 day letter replied 12/04
one thing I am still confused, in aproval letter it says cirtified and enlosed some kind of form which i have to sent it with I-140 and there is nothing enclosed.
Please help I have called my attorny, he has not got anything yet. This letter came to my employer.
Thanks
SB

good to see more approvals

it is nov 01 ... good !

Somehow I feel it is more consistend in PBEC than DBEC ...

Anyway, need to be patient ! :)

This message is for joegr9!

Can you please provide few digits from your case num??

I have a PD of july'2003 got temp case num from PBEC T05153-5****
WAITING FOR 45 day leter??

Prevailing wage question

I've resisted the temptation to send email to H17Year for a long time. But today I couldn't hold on any more and sent one and got the response within 2 hours. The case status shows RIR, however, my attorney never informed me about the receiving of 45-day letter.

One question to ask gurus: the email shows that my salary is lower than prevailing wage, only about 97%. I know in the past, 95% would be allright. But they changed the rules for PERM to ask for 100% of prevailing wage. Will the cases in BEC apply 95% rules or 100% rule? Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
JPMC said:
Justdoit... I wanted to ask you that what does status incomplete means ?

My details are

ETA Case # T-05123-90xxx
Filed on 4/1/2002
NY
PD 4/1/2002

Please advise :confused:
It simply means your case information is not yet completely entered into the system.

Question for wlj_wzz

wlj_wzz , Please let me know if your H1 is in 6th year end.... coz My case also pending at PBEC, and my law firm is not disclosing any information not even case number...

My H1 is in 5th Year, Can I still send email to h1b7thyear@blah blah requesting my case status.... is there any harm with that

thanks

I need contact information for Phill Backlog Centre

My Labor certification case has been forwarded by Atlanta Labor Dept to Phill Backlog reduction centre. I got 45 days letter in Feb 2005 which I replied I have not heard any thing since If i have to contact Phill Backlog centre Do any one know the Phone number where Some one will reply or Web site address where i can check the status of my case.

I thank you for help

Question about Case Status

I sent email to H17Year and got response shortly. However, my Case Status shows nothing , not even shows "incomplete", just empty for that field. Can someone tell me what does it mean, thanks a lot!

Here is a quote from Murthy.com:

100% of Prevailing Wage Must Be Paid
As of March 8, 2005, the employer must pay the beneficiary at a rate equal to 100% of the prevailing wage. This supersedes the old rule permitting payment of only 95% of the prevailing wage rate.

Here is the link : http://www.murthy.com/news/n_pwguid.html

I'm not sure if they will treat cases filed prior to the Mar 8 the same way as the new ones.

I have the same issue - my salary is exactly 95% of the prevailing wage. I think my lawyer used a calculator to determine 95% of the prevailing wage, rather than taking the trouble to find out what I actually made. And that calculation is no longer valid after the change in the law :(

I also presume that the prevailing wage in the LC will be used to compare - so, if the lawyer provides an amendment with the current wage, hopefully the DOL will compare that to the prevailing wage in the LC.

Does anybody else have any input/insight into this?

wlj_wzz said:
I've resisted the temptation to send email to H17Year for a long time. But today I couldn't hold on any more and sent one and got the response within 2 hours. The case status shows RIR, however, my attorney never informed me about the receiving of 45-day letter.

One question to ask gurus: the email shows that my salary is lower than prevailing wage, only about 97%. I know in the past, 95% would be allright. But they changed the rules for PERM to ask for 100% of prevailing wage. Will the cases in BEC apply 95% rules or 100% rule? Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vk:
I have the same issue.
I asked my lawyer about it.
He does not know if they will respect the old law.
However they will take into consideration the prevailing wage at the time of filing and not the present.

vk2003 said:
Here is a quote from Murthy.com:

100% of Prevailing Wage Must Be Paid
©MurthyDotCom
As of March 8, 2005, the employer must pay the beneficiary at a rate equal to 100% of the prevailing wage. This supersedes the old rule permitting payment of only 95% of the prevailing wage rate.
©MurthyDotCom

Here is the link : http://www.murthy.com/news/n_pwguid.html

I'm not sure if they will treat cases filed prior to the above date the same way as the new ones.

I have the same issue - I think the wages are different because the SWA made a wage determination 1.5 years after my LC was originally filed.

I also don't know which prevailing wage will be compared with the salary that is quoted in the LC. (2005? Prevailing Wage at time of PD? Prevailing Wage at time of RD?)

Does anybody else have any input/insight into this?

wrong quick pick for earlier post !!!

wlj_wzz said:

Hi Pandit's,
I got a screenshot from the Philadelphia Backlog Center in regard to my pending labor cert.
I have the same question, but otherway.
my Prevailing Wage is less than by almost 8k to Rate of Pay(yearly).
DO I NEED TO WORRY ?

My details:
PD: July 05 2002/CA/RIR/EB2
45 Day Love latter sent on 10th Mar 2005. :eek:

Can anybody that got certified let the group know if their rate of pay was less than the prevailing wage?

Thanks.

Ho_jayega, I doubt that the other way round is going to be an issue :)

ho_jayega said:
Hi Pandit's,
I got a screenshot from the Philadelphia Backlog Center in regard to my pending labor cert.
DO I NEED TO WORRY ?

My details:

ho_jayega said:
Hi Pandit's,
DO I NEED TO WORRY ?

My details:

So... what does screen shot say about the case status?
As for being compensated more than the prevailing wage, our lawer is sure it's OK.

LC Certified !!

Hello my friends,
I just recieve a mail from my lawyer telling me that my LC has being aproved :) He said that he call the BEC and they told him that in a few days they are going to send the letter.

Thank you God !!

Choclito said:
Hello my friends,
I just recieve a mail from my lawyer telling me that my LC has being aproved :) He said that he call the BEC and they told him that in a few days they are going to send the letter.

Thank you God !!
Congrats!!

congratulation ! encouraging !

Choclito said:
Hello my friends,

Thank you God !!