Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

it's no news

Oct 2005 is the 1st month for fiscal year 2006. The new visa quota will kick in, so it's no news that EB3 will be current for country other than India and China, while retrogression for those 2 nations.

It's not because of visa quota increased, it's just a start of new year!

Let's hope DOS can control the pace of visa allocation, so PBEC applicants with older PD won't be left behind.

GC_from_NJ said:
Does the recent memo which was published in Immigration-law.com on October New Fiscal Year Visa Number Allocation defy your logic given below ???

Looks like there will be visas available for EB3 candidates after all..... any comments ??

But according to the article published....

"As the State Department has already predicted, EB-3 visa number may become current for world-wide, and even for China and India, some numbers may become available inasmuch as their priority dates are older than the new cut-off dates which the October 2005 Visa Bulletin will establish."

Let's hope candidates with older PD's can utilize these numbers.... :cool:

fogman1 said:
Oct 2005 is the 1st month for fiscal year 2006. The new visa quota will kick in, so it's no news that EB3 will be current for country other than India and China, while retrogression for those 2 nations.

It's not because of visa quota increased, it's just a start of new year!

Let's hope DOS can control the pace of visa allocation, so PBEC applicants with older PD won't be left behind.

thanks

GC_from_NJ said:
Your case might get certified beginning of next year since the current RIR queue is at July 02 and going by the current pace and holidays taken by PBEC contractors this will be my best guess.... :confused:

Please don't shoot me on my guesstimate.. :D .. These are my views only !!

Thanks man..absolutely no shooting or shouting, as i said I am happy with even guess work. thanks again, I hope yours and everone else's comes very soon too...Amen

GC_from_NJ,

What your quoted is exactly retrogression, right?

I always believe that a certain degree, well-controlled retrogression (different with unavailable) is beneficial to applicants with old PD. The intention of retrogression is to give older PD priority by limiting 485 filing of newer PD.

So, if you have a rather older PD, say 2001 and 2002, I don't see any reason to worry about retrogression. Instead, you should be concerned that if there is no retrogression, since in that scenerio, visa number for the fisical year tends to be used up too quick to become unavailable in the later month of that year.

All is based on the fact that visa number is limited. Of course it would be great if you can change that.

GC_from_NJ said:

"As the State Department has already predicted, EB-3 visa number may become current for world-wide, and even for China and India, some numbers may become available inasmuch as their priority dates are older than the new cut-off dates which the October 2005 Visa Bulletin will establish."

same concern

I have the same concern. It was 6/2002 before. Do you think it will be C for China and India in 9/2005? I really hope so but who knows! There were too many negative news from DOL, let's see....

GC_from_NJ said:

Need clarification

Hey GC_from_NJ,

Not trying to shoot you, but I just need some clarification.

I have been reading this forum almost daily for the last few weeks. According to this forum, latest RIR approval from PBEC is from Oct 2001. Your posting implies that they are processing July 02. Where did you get this info? If that is true, I should get excited, as my PD is 08/02 RIR regional.

Gurus, do you know what is the current PBEC RIR processing date for the cases that made it to regional? I think its Oct 2001. Any comments?

Thanks for sharing the information.

GC_from_NJ said:
Your case might get certified beginning of next year since the current RIR queue is at July 02 and going by the current pace and holidays taken by PBEC contractors this will be my best guess.... :confused:

Please don't shoot me on my guesstimate.. :D .. These are my views only !!

forum_addict said:
Hello whatheheck

This is good news, but I dont have any case details like BEC case number or anything like that. So can I get the case status with just my basic info like name, ssn, company name and things like that? what are the things we need to provide to them to get the status?

thanks for your help

I think its better to have a BEC case number. If you don't have one then give her your name, employer name, PD, cast type etc. You can ask her anything related to your case (like when will i get my 45 days letter etc).

gc_ka_wait said:
Does anyone know typically how much time would it take to move from RIR to final Review stage for PBEC case with PD 12/20/02/EB3/RIR/PA. I know it wont be very accurate estimate, but I would be content with some educated guess from Gurus.

thanks

I guess it would take another 6 months to reach Dec' 02 RIR cases.

A piece of information.. like to share this

Our company attorneys called the PBEC and got this info. They say all 2001 and 2002 RIR cases who received 45 day letter will be approved in next two months i.e around Oct 15th.

GC_from_NJ said:
Does the recent memo which was published in Immigration-law.com on October New Fiscal Year Visa Number Allocation defy your logic given below ???

Looks like there will be visas available for EB3 candidates after all..... any comments ??

Dear GC_from_NJ,

That logic is only limited for CEIRA's impact on us...

As far as we are concerned(skilled categories), current situation is better
than CEIRA.

Yes.. the new numbers becoming available Oct 2005 would have positive impact on all of us..

I am from NJ too....

T number switch to P number

When they switch you T number to P number after reply 45 days letter, do you keep the same case number? Anybody has any idea?

lc410485gc said:
I have the same concern. It was 6/2002 before. Do you think it will be C for China and India in 9/2005? I really hope so but who knows! There were too many negative news from DOL, let's see....

For china/India it would most likely become 1/2003 or something....I really donot expect more than that.....I would be very happy if it becomes like.....6/2003.....

It going to 1/2002 is also possible.....There might be a ton of china/India cases coming out in next 6 months from BECs ...I donot know how many ...many from backlog centers......
Does not look promising....

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks!

Please keep posted if there is any update.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Our company attorneys called the PBEC and got this info. They say all 2001 and 2002 RIR cases who received 45 day letter will be approved in next two months i.e around Oct 15th.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:

raj_vagc_oct02,

I/We really appreciate you for keeping us all posted. Do you have any update on NON-RIR cases?

Thanks

AwardMyGC

Really ...

HTML:
[I]Originally Posted by whatheheck
Hello Guys,
Call Philly BEC at 484-270-1500 and ask for ROSALINE. She has been officially assigned to answer queries from any individual. Have your case details handy before you call her.

Good Luck.[/I]

Whats the full name or extension.. ?

Aprllc2002 - Any update ??

Hi Aprllc2002,

Please post any update you have...

If anyone comments on that you can neglect those comments...You have no obligation for those comments..

whatheheck said:
Hello Guys,
Call Philly BEC at 484-270-1500 and ask for ROSALINE. She has been officially assigned to answer queries from any individual. Have your case details handy before you call her.

Good Luck.

whattheheck, i called the number you mentioned above and when i asked about Rosalyn, the lady said that she is not at her desk at the moment..Would you like to go to the status phoneline where they had the stupid automated message...Did you find your status from Rosalyn and who did you got this information that Rosalyn is officially assigned to answer queries from any individual.

Cheers,