Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

1. Yours is a RIR case and will be placed in the RIR queue once 45 day letter is replied back.
2. Incomplete means it has not been processed yet.
3. T-05202-xxxxx means it is a temporary case no. which was entered on 202th day of the year 2005.

boston_LC said:
Guys I got a screen shot on my case....can someone explain what does these means

1) it says processing type RIR ...what does that mean ?
2) case status says "incomplete " ---does it tell any thing where my case is at ?
3) my case number says T-05202-xxxxx ...does it tell any thing ?

Please reply if any one knows these details.
I would appreciate
thanks

how much to get the reply

chinglun said:
DOL already noticed about people using these emails.

One time should be fine ... unless there is problem ...

The information most concern to us is the case status . Or there may be some information about you is wrong . Then you need to fix them through your lawyers.

I sent email last nite, someone mentioned earlier that he got reply very next day, considering that as an exception, folks, how much time it roughly takes to get the reply for the email.

ty

According to some posts before, T-05229-9XXX means that it is input at the 229th day of this year. But, the 229th day of this year is .....tomorrow Aug. 17, 2005. Can somebody please advise?

sarasri said:
Hi JustWatching,
Observed the following post with a Temp # T-05229-9XXXX(posted by "cantstandit"). Does this mean another 90k cases were input into the system ?

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1225126&postcount=4485

Please advise and update. Thanks !

NJ Oct02-PD said:
According to some posts before, T-05229-9XXX means that it is input at the 229th day of this year. But, the 229th day of this year is .....tomorrow Aug. 17, 2005. Can somebody please advise?
NJ_oct02_PD ,

We both seem to be sailing in the same boat though you applied from NJ :)
My case number is also P-05122-XXXXX !

i also dont think so

no_light said:
NJ_oct02_PD ,

We both seem to be sailing in the same boat though you applied from NJ :)
My case number is also P-05122-XXXXX !

my case no. is 04245 that means my case went to PBEC in Aug'04. But then How come i got my letter in Dec'02.

i am not very sure if its correct notion to follow

What is meant by 'Data Review' in the screenshot case status?

Hi All,

I received my screenshot from BEC today. The case status says 'Data Review'.
Per an earlier post on this forum, Data Review means 45 day letter not received/entered.
My company did receive 45 day letter, was replied in time. BEC still closed the case for UNTIMELY/INCOMPLETE response. The lawyer sent the proof of timely response. My company says that they received the call from BEC saying that the closure was in error and the case is reopened.

Now I see that the status is 'Data Review'.
Can somebody please shed some light on this 'Data Review' thingee?

Thanks

PS: My case num from BEC P-04267-XXXXX does match the case received date on screen shot as 09/23/2004. Sept 23rd is 267th day in 2004.

GC_from_NJ said:
You should be in Step 2

[Originally posted by mnhrdc]

The process of status is in order the case goes through
you are at 5.
1.Incomplete=45day letter not yet generated/Case not entered fully
2.Data Review=45day reply not recieved/45day reply not entered
Falls into TR/RIR Q
3.Closed=45 day reply not recived/Employer closed/BEC erorneosly entered
4.RIR=45 day reply recieved/data entered /under process
5.Final Review= With CO
6.Certified=Certified (May not yet mailed)

NJ Oct02-PD said:

sorry guys, my mistake, it's actually T-05129, not 229 ... my case was entered on May 9th.

Now, a quick look at some case ids:

PD 08/2002 - T-05117
PD 11/2002 - T-05129
PD 09/2003 - T-05140
PD 09/2004 - T-05158
PD 09/2002 - T-05223

can we make something out of this sequence ?! it looks like they indeed entered cases randomly ... the problem is, there's 40 days left until end of September, and there's cases from April/May that still haven't been completed !! what the F !?

guys, I hope I'm really wrong, but I have a bad feeling we'll wake up in October to an announcement like:

"the DOL proudly announces that 380,000 cases have been entered (on a temporary basis). The rest of the information is expected to be entered by end of 2006".

I've my case number similar to yours. It entered in BEC system the very next day. But my priority date is way too early from yours:
Details:
case number : T-05130-XXXXX
Priority Date : April 2002
Filing State - NY
45 Day Letter - Never received. :(

cantstandit said:
sorry guys, my mistake, it's actually T-05129, not 229 ... my case was entered on May 9th.

PD 08/2002 - T-05117
PD 11/2002 - T-05129
PD 09/2003 - T-05140
PD 09/2004 - T-05158
PD 09/2002 - T-05223

can we make something out of this sequence ?! it looks like they indeed entered cases randomly ... the problem is, there's 40 days left until end of September, and there's cases from April/May that still haven't been completed !! what the F !?

guys, I hope I'm really wrong, but I have a bad feeling we'll wake up in October to an announcement like:

"the DOL proudly announces that 380,000 cases have been entered (on a temporary basis). The rest of the information is expected to be entered by end of 2006".

cantstandit said:

PD 08/2002 - T-05117
PD 11/2002 - T-05129
PD 09/2003 - T-05140
PD 09/2004 - T-05158
PD 09/2002 - T-05223

Some mismatch like this is bound to happen....The cases come in boxes from each state and the state guys did not pack the cases chronologically...( What are you gonna do ?? fire them??)...So PBEC just picks up a box and enters the cases in that box...Now as far as possible they try to maintain some order but things like this are happening.....

There was some analysis by rirlaborCT and Justwatching that projected the temporary entry for cases to finish in Last 2 weeks of August...
The Logic for temporary entry was to set up strict FIFO for all cases to avoid litigation for descrimination. Also to facilitate the H1B extension proof requests....

Yes what you said about announcement from DOL is correct...But that is expected....from the analysis by our 'analysis Gurus'....

Most likely scenario is that only 2001/2002 guys( SWA/TR/RIR All types) would get their 45 day letters this year.....
Rest of us would wait until 2 quarter 2006.

hi Blues, can u share the first 2 digits of your case id ? mine is 99XXX, so we can have an idea how many cases they entered in one day ...

blues22 said:
I've my case number similar to yours. It entered in BEC system the very next day. But my priority date is way too early from yours:
Details:
case number : T-05130-XXXXX
Priority Date : April 2002
Filing State - NY
45 Day Letter - Never received. :(

Good news for EB3 aspirants

Some good news for EB3 aspirants....

[Originally Posted by activex111]

As per Comprehensive Enforcement and Immigration Reform Act of 2005 ("CEIRA"), the 50,000 visas from the diversity lottery program are shifted to the existing employment-based quota.
This raises the total annual cap of employment-based immigrant visas from 140,000 to 190,000. CEIRA also recaptures the unused numbers from prior years to provide some temporary relief to the backlog, and redistributes the numbers so that the EB-1 and EB-2 immigrant visa categories get 10% each, EB-3 gets 35%, the new EB-4 (investor) category gets 4%, and the new EB-5 (other workers) category gets 36%.

If I remember correctly, this bill is just introduced in the US congress last month. Not yet enacted as a law or even voted..

Iff the CEIRA or the other bill by Kennedy/McCain gets accepted, we may have increased visa numbers.

GC_from_NJ said:

As per Comprehensive Enforcement and Immigration Reform Act of 2005 ("CEIRA"), the 50,000 visas from the diversity lottery program are shifted to the existing employment-based quota.
This raises the total annual cap of employment-based immigrant visas from 140,000 to 190,000. CEIRA also recaptures the unused numbers from prior years to provide some temporary relief to the backlog, and redistributes the numbers so that the EB-1 and EB-2 immigrant visa categories get 10% each, EB-3 gets 35%, the new EB-4 (investor) category gets 4%, and the new EB-5 (other workers) category gets 36%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just my opinion; not a legal advice.

This is in fact bad news for EB1/EB2/EB3..

GC_from_NJ said:

This bill would screw up all EB1/EB2/EB3......EB1/EB2 numbers reduce considerably and they would all go to unskilled labor.....EB3 would become most burdened as all EB1/EB2 try to fit into EB3.....
EB1+EB2+Eb3 numbers would actually reduce....

The current scheme EB1+EB2+EB3+EB4(leftovers) make 120K
With CEIRA this becomes EB1+EB2+EB3+EB4 make 80K which is a net reduction for skilled categories....

Please read the fine print before saying that this CEIRA is good for EB3

This is taking visas from skilled pool to give to 245(i)illegals.....
The 245(i) illegals would be the only category benefiting from this cr*p...

The Kennedy/McCain bill is better than this....That increases the numbers to 290K wiping out the retrogression completely....

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, JustWatching.

I notice that your track has only 1 queue, however there are 2 BECs.

Are you assuming that, PBEC and DBEC share the last 5 digit, rather than accrue seperately?

JustWatching said:
Attached is the BPC data entry tracker.

fogman1 said:
thanks, JustWatching.

I notice that your track has only 1 queue, however there are 2 BECs.

Are you assuming that, PBEC and DBEC share the last 5 digit, rather than accrue seperately?

I do. I am pretty sure that is the case. I have aligned many cases from both BPCs into one list and the numbering supports this theory.

JustWatching said:
I do. I am pretty sure that is the case. I have aligned many cases from both BPCs into one list and the numbering supports this theory.

hi JustWatching, tks for the excellent work on the Progress Tracker ... I have a question though ... when I got my screenshot, pretty much the only thing it had was my name and the employer name, everything else was wrong or pre-defaulted (PD, type, etc), which leads me to believe the temporary data entry is VERY temporary (only a couple of fields) !!

therefore, shouldn't we assume they'll take much longer to enter the entire case ?! the tracker assumes the temporary entry takes 50% of the complete ... I'd try 10% to see what happens, what do u think !?

GC_from_NJ said:
1. Yours is a RIR case and will be placed in the RIR queue once 45 day letter is replied back.
2. Incomplete means it has not been processed yet.
3. T-05202-xxxxx means it is a temporary case no. which was entered on 202th day of the year 2005.
mine case was non RIR....how did it fall in RIR queue ?

JustWatching.

First of all thanks for awesome job on tracking and analysis.

BUT I think there is one anamoly. Sometime back I read in these forums that DOL has announced that the no. of backlogged cases actually are 400,000 rather than 360,000 that they previously had estimated. I do not have link to the actual news, but pretty sure I read it somewhere.

If that is the case, you might have to slip all the dates accordingly.

JustWatching said:
Attached is the BPC data entry tracker.

Can anyone tell me the dates of TR/RIR cases PBEC is currently processing?
I didn't see any approvals during the last week from PBEC.
Where else dallas is processing cases from march 2003.
Although BEC is not strictly following the FIFO but still lot of cases are being certifite from Dallas and none from PBEC!!!
Well I guess they are busy entering data to their system and once they are done with it they will be busy sending 45 day letters and then again they will become busy entering data of the received 45 day lettera and then who knows......might be they will out of budget...............
So probaby their policy is to finish all the data processing crap before starting certifying.
If this is true, then the people with the later PD will be benefited and people like us whose PD is 2001 or 2002 will be screwed.
I wish this BEC things never happened.
Anyway good like guys with your cases in PBEC.