Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

mamamiax said:
EB3 RIR
PD 05/07/2001
Aproved on July 28th 2005
Received the approved letter on August 9th 2005

Now what to do! can't file I485 !

Good Luck

congrats! It is still good news. Even if you cannot file concurrently, it is still better than being stuck in this DOL mess.

This confirms aprl2002's info. Looks like PBEC has moved out of april 2001 for RIR. The subsequent months should be processed muched faster. I hope.

Data Help ..cont...

I know what you are saying. I searched for that break-down information for PBEC but couldn't locate it. If someone know please let us know.

rim said:
Can anyone repost some old information that I saw somewhere here [i forgot the thread].
The information i am looking for is the # of cases [RIR and TR] pending for each month from Apr'01 to dec'04.

It depends case by case... I got my response without the P number within a day. They sent me a temporary case # with case status as incomplete.

FYI.. mine is a genuine case of 7th year extension... :rolleyes:

csrini1 said:
People who got the 45day letter and have the P-*** or D-*** number and quoting in the email to the BPC's are getting faster responses than others, when requesting the screen shots....

rischi,
I feel lucky But I am not sure when they can really process my app.
Hopefully I will have my job until this travel thru this hopelss process.

Congrats buddy...

Congrats Mama Mia.... you should probably just sing some Abby songs and let it sink in.... 4 freaking years waiting for DOL to adjudicate case is some kinda achievement.

Good luck on your next stages even though you are not able to file 140 & 485 together. Atleast you are out of the BEC black hole....

Celebrate it with some champagne and loud cheers. :D

mamamiax said:
State :MD
PD--> 05/07/2001
FED:phily: 10/07/2003
45 day love letter Recd dt: Feb 17th 2005
Labor Approved : 07/28/2005
Approval Letter received on : 08/09/2005

csrini1 said:
Looks like the BPC are WELL aware of the visa number availability and have clear instructions on what to do!!

They know that even though they clear LC for non-rir cases, it doesn't matter, as we can't apply for 485!! that's why they are working on later EB3 cases , when they have EB2-RIR cases from 2001/2002, with 45 day letters responded back to them in DEC'04/Jan 2005.

I bet if next week, we hear that the visa numbers are current for EB3 and unavailable for EB2(god forbid though), these BPC, will stop working on non-rir EB3 and suddenly start approving EB2/RIR cases even from 2004!!

Anyboby with me on this?? I bet again, everyone is LOL!!

I dont see the logic behind the analysis. What has EB3 got to do with RIR or NON-RIR. PBEC is currently processing NON-RIR cases ( which could be EB2 or EB3).
As per my understanding and what the lawyer said if a TR case has gone to regional there is hardly anything left to be done except some final paper work. In case of RIR the case skips the recuitment and advertising and goes to DOL where they check if the requirement for that kind of job at that time is there or not. So there is some work to do. Again this is my understanding of what my lawyer told me.

So NON-RIR has nothing to do with EB2 or EB3 numbers, unless there is some kind of stats showing that most of the Non-RIR's are EB3, which I dont think it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm...

For my RIR case, company also advertised for 3 or 6 months I forgot .. before starting to file LC ... my PD is 7/31/2002 CA ... and mine reached region .

volleyball said:
I dont see the logic behind the analysis. What has EB3 got to do with RIR or NON-RIR. PBEC is currently processing NON-RIR cases ( which could be EB2 or EB3).
As per my understanding and what the lawyer said if a TR case has gone to regional there is hardly anything left to be done except some final paper work. In case of RIR the case skips the recuitment and advertising and goes to DOL where they check if the requirement for that kind of job at that time is there or not. So there is some work to do. Again this is my understanding of what my lawyer told me.

So NON-RIR has nothing to do with EB2 or EB3 numbers, unless there is some kind of stats showing that most of the Non-RIR's are EB3, which I dont think it is.

sk0902 said:
All the mother ****ers has gone ****ing in middle of the day.
As if it is not enough after ****ing our lives.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry for being such a potty mouth. All the frustration causing me impaitence and bad temper. Don't know when this nightmere going to be over. Can't take it any more. I do understand that the data-entry operators have nothing to do with the delay..

Orissa:

Had asked one last month for H1B extension. Will send a request for another one, just for fun. Wonder if they keep track of who all have already requested since my lawyer might have requested for me as well! Anyone?

orissa said:
dcmetro have you check your case status lately by sending email to Philly BEC? If so, please let me what email address you sent to.

Thank you

Thanks fogman. Mine is EB2, non-RIR. I am hoping that EB2 does not retrogress especially since my 140 is going to be sent to Nebraska and not Vermont (which I had thought would be the case since I am in VA). Vermont is almost current on everything while Nebraska is lagging behind in many categories. Not sure what EB2 equates to- Skilled Labor or Highly-Skilled/Extra-ordinary category

fogman1 said:
Congrats, Dcmetro

Csrini,

I don't think Philly are sophisticated enough to discriminate against EB2. They just put priority to TR queue, which most of us can’t never understand. I really think EB2 and EB3 will come out approximately same time, other things are equal. The only thing make difference would be TR/RIR, and maybe Regional/State.

Also, for your next concern. If you qualifies to EB2, you can choose freely file as EB2 and/or EB3 during I-140. Actually some attorney suggests filing 2 I-140 concurrently.

There is hope

dcmetro22042 said:
Guys:

Just received an email from my lawyer that my labor has been approved! :)Could not believe it since my PD was later than many on this board. Have not seen the approval in hand. May not even see it until few weeks until they apply for 140/485 for me, my lawyer told me.
Labor was approved on August 1st and received on August 10th, 2005 (Today).
My details are part of my signature.

Good luck to all.

My dates and timings for the events are very close to yours, so there is hope for me. Looks like non-RIR does have a different queue

There sure is. Keep up the optimism, yours will come soon as well. Good luck.

Dedo said:
My dates and timings for the events are very close to yours, so there is hope for me. Looks like non-RIR does have a different queue

curious

Congrats to you DCMeTRO

Was your a special case.... why i ask so is because I applied from VA in Apr2002 which was transferred to Regional in Dec2003 but I have not received my approval yet ans therefore was curious....

dcmetro22042 said:
I hope for that to happen as well buddy. We all
deserve to get the GC for all the hard work.

I think you're gonna be fine. You have a pretty old PD.

If there is any EB2 retrogression, I expect it to be minor and only PERM filer after 2005 will be affected.

Good luck!

dcmetro22042 said:
Thanks fogman. Mine is EB2, non-RIR. I am hoping that EB2 does not retrogress especially since my 140 is going to be sent to Nebraska and not Vermont (which I had thought would be the case since I am in VA). Vermont is almost current on everything while Nebraska is lagging behind in many categories. Not sure what EB2 equates to- Skilled Labor or Highly-Skilled/Extra-ordinary category

Congrats on all the approvals ...

I can't believe I'm still waiting .. my PD is May-2001 , EB3-Non RIR, recvd at regional in Feb-04 .... I've been checking with my lawyer but he says that he hasnt recvd anything yet ..

Anyone else whose dates are close to mine and is still waiting ???

dcmetro22042 said:
Orissa:

Had asked one last month for H1B extension. Will send a request for another one, just for fun. Wonder if they keep track of who all have already requested since my lawyer might have requested for me as well! Anyone?

I hope you are joking about sending another requst for status. You already got your case certified. Why not leave the bandwidth to people who are still waiting. There has been warning about not to abuse the dol email system.

Sept'2005 Visa Bulletin

D. EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY DURING FY-2006

The backlog reduction efforts of both Citizenship and Immigration Services, and the Department of Labor continue to result in very heavy demand for Employment-based numbers. It is anticipated that the amount of such cases will be sufficient to use all available numbers in many categories. As a result cut-off dates in the Employment Third preferency category will apply to the China, India, and Philippines chargeabilities beginning in October, and it is possible that Mexico may be added to this list. In addition, it is anticipated that heavy demand will require the establishment of a Third preference cut-off date on a Worldwide basis by December.

The amount of Employment demand for applicants from China and India is also likely to result in the oversubcription of the Employment First and Second preference categories for those chargeability areas. The establishment of such cut-off dates is expected to occur no later than December.

The level of demand in the Employment categories is expected to be far in excess of the annual limits, and once established, cut-off date meovements are likely to be slow.

Yes VAhoper. You are right. We need to leave the email system and staff open for people who need to know the status and get H1B extensions.