Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

pennwaiting said:
It is not their incompetence but the political situation that got us in this mess. It is an open end contract. There is no hurry for them to finish it. They don't know you and they probably don't care at all. The BEC plan was absurd from the beginning.
Well then it doesn't explain why things going smoothly in Dallas. I remember that they give perference to RIR cases in Dallas. I don't think there is conspircy from DOL on it. If so, how come people file through PERM get through.
I know that Philly doesn't care, but I think people who inspect them will care. Most of all, we need to give some #. For example, which month is philly processing for RIR and for TR, RIR is clearly stated by DOL to have priority than TR, why Philly cannot follow DOL's rule?
ANyway, my last post here.
Life is short, I want to live a life!

I agree

I agree completely. Please STOP posting 7th year extension related questions or snapshots as there is a separate thread created for this topic. Please restrict this thread to backlog related questions/answers so that most of the users of this forum does not have go thru' pages to find relevant information.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Guys, for god sake stop posting the 7th year screen shots here. This forum is meant for PHILA BEC labor. What's the point in posting it here. Are going to achieve anything. Let's restrict this thread to labor related issues. If a person like me who views this thread every three or four days it becomes pain going through all the un-necessary stuff. If you guys look the last 10 pages in this thread you would see 75% is related with 7th year extension.

I favor compiling a list of all issues as well

Lets do it ppl. This is insane, we have to make a move now, time is right too, 2006 elections are coming up. We can at least have the attention of congress men and senators on this issue. Although, judging from the result of the hearings on Comprehensive Immigration Reforms, they dont seem to care a whole lot about it.
frog

luckylucky said:
Well then it doesn't explain why things going smoothly in Dallas. I remember that they give perference to RIR cases in Dallas. I don't think there is conspircy from DOL on it. If so, how come people file through PERM get through.
I know that Philly doesn't care, but I think people who inspect them will care. Most of all, we need to give some #. For example, which month is philly processing for RIR and for TR, RIR is clearly stated by DOL to have priority than TR, why Philly cannot follow DOL's rule?
ANyway, my last post here.
Life is short, I want to live a life!
I don't see anywhere that Dallas BEC is "going smoothly", and it gives "preference to RIR cases". If you post this in Dallas BEc forum, you will be screamed out of there in one minute. Rule and law are made by people, and interpreted and enforced by people too. "It is the economy, stupid".

pennwaiting said:
I don't see anywhere that Dallas BEC is "going smoothly", and it gives "preference to RIR cases". If you post this in Dallas BEc forum, you will be screamed out of there in one minute. Rule and law are made by people, and interpreted and enforced by people too. "It is the economy, stupid".
You check the processing date for TR and RIR case and you will know what I mean.
Again, making our complain without and spediciation is completely useless.
My suggestion, instead of complaining the whole BEC system, why not state the problem in Philly now:
1. RIR is stuck in April, 01 for 4 monthes till now and it is continue to stuck at that month because they are processing state level now.
2. People in Philly need to wait totally 4 yr yet PERM wait 4 days for their LC. LC is affacted by company layoff. So, it is risky to get rejected even if people don't get laid off themselves
3. Philly is a mess. They give out LC randomly. They are very unclear the order of processing? Regional first? State first? or Regional state together?
4. They are liars. They told us 500 people working in Dallas and that is a hoax.
5. EB3 people are being ripped of visa # competing with Dallas BEC.
6. Philly hired imcompentent people that is why they are stuck in RIR cases.

WhyThisDelay said:
More than the "suckers" at BEC, I think it is the greed + neopotism at play at higher levels of DOL & Exceed corp (co. that controls staff at both philly/Dallas center). Otherwise why would they restrict the temp. staff to 100 per center (why not hire 500 temp employees to enter data and analyse the queues)?? Why put a clause in the contract that the says that backlog needs to be eliminated in "timely" manner, without specifying what is the max. limit for this (this may well run into 4-6 years).

Think about it. Every year Exceed is going to get ~17 million dollars every year for this processing. So in their best interest and for the sake of profits it makes sense to prolong this as much as possible. If they finish the entire processing in 10 years, they get 170millions vs. if they finish processing in 2 years for which they'll get 34 million.

Did not want to make things more gloomy here, but could not help - since I heard the exact same thing from my attorney (to not expect the 45 day letter for another 6 months).

Makes complete sense.

Commentary on each point

luckylucky said:
You check the processing date for TR and RIR case and you will know what I mean.
My suggestion, instead of complaining the whole BEC system, why not state the problem in Philly now:
1. RIR is stuck in April, 01 for 4 monthes till now and it is continue to stuck at that month because they are processing state level now.
--> Very valid point, we must demand an explanation of the delays and length of time spent on cases in one month for such a long time
2. People in Philly need to wait totally 4 yr yet PERM wait 4 days for their LC. LC is affacted by company layoff. So, it is risky to get rejected even if people don't get laid off themselves
--> Layoffs do affect our status, although they have nothing to do with the operation of BECs, remember our complain must be focus and must make complete sense, and should only be related to BEC
3. Philly is a mess. They give out LC randomly. They are very unclear the order of processing? Regional first? State first? or Regional state together?
--> Yes, the definition of processing workflow is extremely essential, we must demand that, and also a pre-published schedule of bi-monthly (maybe weekly updates) of the operation of BECs
4. They are liars. They told us 500 people working in Dallas and that is a hoax.
--> We must stay very professionalm, refrain from name calling.
--> Yes, very valid, we must point out vast difference between the operations of the two BECs
6. Philly hired imcompentent people that is why they are stuck in RIR
cases.
--> Again, we must stay professional and respectable even when complaining

We should have positive energyflow, i am 100% sure that by end of this year, atleast PDs up to Sept 2002 will be successfully processed. :)

Everyone is stressed to limit and having family issues with wife not able to work and screwing of employer due to not having greencard, and this becomes excruciating pain when you have kids too :(

jnathan said:
I'm with you guys totally.

I'm on my 9th year extension and I dont want to extend my H-1 any longer.

My family and I have decided that if nothing positive happens by March next year, we are going to go back.

I disagree with some points here.

luckylucky.

I agree with you 110% that philly BEC is mess, but saying that Dallas BEC is smooth is as big a lie as saying Philly BEC is smooth.

If you look at the approvals in Dallas BEC, they've approved probably only 6k cases till now. But mind you these cases are ONLY RIR cases that made it to regional level. State cases are being neglected. :mad:

But the biggest catch of Dallas BEC is that they managed to reach Jan 03 RIR processing because they did not enter all the cases. Look at the vast majority of people in Dallas forum - they did not receive any 45 day letter. So lesser cases in queue -> implies processing dates moves faster.

So please refrain from saying that Dallas BEC is working well. Personally it's like rubbing salt on wounds of people stuck at Dallas BEC.

luckylucky said:

so who is taking lead on this ...

Who can come up with a draft of all such issues to be shared with OIG ? Lucky I think you have a good start if you can refine these little and take frog's valid suggestions into account.

luckylucky said:

I am happy to see some energy in this forum, but by looking at the past trend, its not enough.

I am trying to get support for raising awareness about this circus but because we divert to EB2-EB3, PERM and H1B topic so much, nothing gets done finally.

To really come up with something robust, we need to:

1) stop suggesting random or unrealistic (for eg. lets sue them) actions. Most of the action you can think of is been discussed, so lets stop wasting time discussing "which" action but instead focus on "how" to take action.

2) strongly discouraged EB2-EB3, PERM questions.

3) Spread our awareness effort in various forums. Best way to get attention is to put link to awareness effort in your signature.

4) Form a taskforce of 4-5 members that decides what action to take and how. Then they spread word in this forum. For example taskforce compiles list of PBEC blunders and post it here (probably in sticky thread). Then the team will set specific day/month when to call "Office of inspector general" and "Judicial watch".

5) stay focused: except you are busy with work or vacation, please visit this forum daily and post your comments.
It happened in the past that there are lot of active members who are willing to take some action and suddenly they are gone from this forum either they don't get enough support or they are discouraged by their post being ignored or submerged by PERM discussion.

6) Pull in your friends/collegues who never came to this forum.

7) If you believe something makes sense, don't just read it, post your comment. For eg. if you agree with what I am saying here, please say so.

news from yesterday

hi all,

I found this on the www.immigration-law.com website, as one of the breaking news. Is this related to 45 -day letters?

"As we reported earlier, the DOL and USCIS are in the process of rule making to eliminate the permanent labor certification substitution and 45-day validity cap on the certified labor certification application. The proposed rule is likely to be published in August. However, we cannot rule out the delay as affected by change in the Chief of Division of Foreign Labor Certification in DOL. Please stay tuned."

I second that. Let luckylucky do this on behalf of us and write to OIG.He has good ideas and sounds very professional.I agree, we need to be clear in presenting our woes and also remain professional in our communication.After all we are all qualified prefessionals.

Maybe he will prove luck to all of us! :)

Thanks!

atyagi73 said:
Who can come up with a draft of all such issues to be shared with OIG ? Lucky I think you have a good start if you can refine these little and take frog's valid suggestions into account.

If the employers find out how much time people spend on forums like this one, they and their lawyers will work something out with DOL to get rid of the backlog. If they can create one, they can always eliminate it (this is just my opinion, i could be wrong).

Can you guys suggest the best way to scientifically estimate the time spent by H1Bs in keeping track of all their immigration woes.
For example, there are 620K views for the Philly BEC forum. Assuming a viewer takes at least 30 second to view it, that is about 320K mins. Add to that the approximate 3 mins it takes to write a post, ie about 12000 mins. Lets say 350K mins in all. Ie about 6K manhours just on this forum. WOW. Send that to your employers, anonymously of course. Dont make one more mistake now that you have made the one to come to the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with USCIS

The only thing I would like to add to that is to go ahead with plans even if we dont have hundreds of members signed to go ahead with our complain to OIG and judicial watch. Its important to bring the matter to attention rather wait for people to come sign our petition.
I am willing to help out in anyway I can. Please let me know if there is anything specific you guys would like me to do?
frog

WhyThisDelay said:
luckylucky.

I agree with you 110% that philly BEC is mess, but saying that Dallas BEC is smooth is as big a lie as saying Philly BEC is smooth.

If you look at the approvals in Dallas BEC, they've approved probably only 6k cases till now. But mind you these cases are ONLY RIR cases that made it to regional level. State cases are being neglected. :mad:

But the biggest catch of Dallas BEC is that they managed to reach Jan 03 RIR processing because they did not enter all the cases. Look at the vast majority of people in Dallas forum - they did not receive any 45 day letter. So lesser cases in queue -> implies processing dates moves faster.

So please refrain from saying that Dallas BEC is working well. Personally it's like rubbing salt on wounds of people stuck at Dallas BEC.

My lawyer said she received a couple of approvals from Dallas but none from Philly. From a "black box" perspective, Dallas is faring better. (whether it is coming from beginning, middle or end of queue)

USCIS,

You have some great ideas and I am sure you can be very effective in voicing our opinions to OIG.Will it be ok for you to post in a compiled document with your ideas and then we all can contribute to it.

I have already voiced my opinions to local congressman and his office is talking w/PBEC.I know several others have done the same.If you can do it for OIG,I think that will have a very dramatic effect on the way PBEC activities are being overlooked by higher ups.

Thanks!

USCISisMockery said:
I am happy to see some energy in this forum, but by looking at the past trend, its not enough.

I am trying to get support for raising awareness about this circus but because we divert to EB2-EB3, PERM and H1B topic so much, nothing gets done finally.

To really come up with something robust, we need to:

1) stop suggesting random or unrealistic (for eg. lets sue them) actions. Most of the action you can think of is been discussed, so lets stop wasting time discussing "which" action but instead focus on "how" to take action.

2) strongly discouraged EB2-EB3, PERM questions.

3) Spread our awareness effort in various forums. Best way to get attention is to put link to awareness effort in your signature.

4) Form a taskforce of 4-5 members that decides what action to take and how. Then they spread word in this forum. For example taskforce compiles list of PBEC blunders and post it here (probably in sticky thread). Then the team will set specific day/month when to call "Office of inspector general" and "Judicial watch".

5) stay focused: except you are busy with work or vacation, please visit this forum daily and post your comments.
It happened in the past that there are lot of active members who are willing to take some action and suddenly they are gone from this forum either they don't get enough support or they are discouraged by their post being ignored or submerged by PERM discussion.

6) Pull in your friends/collegues who never came to this forum.

7) If you believe something makes sense, don't just read it, post your comment. For eg. if you agree with what I am saying here, please say so.