wlisa said:
Here is my case:

WV SWA, Non-RIR, EB2 (MS+0 or BS+5)
SWA RD (PD): Apr, 2003
SWA sent to Philly DOL: Feb,2004
45-Day BPC Letter Received: Jan, 2005
45-Day BPC Letter Replied: Feb, 2005
Philly BPC Case #: can't remember

My lawyer told me that she got several approvals but I don't know about their details.she said now PBEC becomes faster.

wlisa: This is great news. Congrats.

All: One thing surprises me now. April, 2003?? Does that mean that they are working on April 2003 for TR cases or what? or was this a random/lucky approval.

juntha said:
Well, i ve been trying to be as positive as possible with DOL and BEC. Sounds like I should have looked at my company's finances.
Been laid off today.
The End...

very sorry to hear that juntha. I hope you can find a good job and a pre-approved labor somewhere...wishing the best for you

my2cents said:
In all probablity, PBEC is working based upon on RD received date, not PD or date 45 letter replied.
We have to get the approval pattern from lawyers because they will be getting a lot more approvals than what we are seeing here.

Thanks

my2cents/all,

I don't think PBEC has any patterns as such. They seem to work intermittently; it's hard to guess, what to expect next? Consider my case RD is Apr'03 and I'm still waiting. My paralegal transpires to be ridiculous and nonetheless she doesn’t want to contact PBEC since, she says it might jeopardize my case.

Thanks

There doesnt seem to be any logic regarding the working of the PBEC.
There were reports (I dont know of an official source) that PBEC wants to process all 2001 PD cases by Dec 2005. But then you see cases from 02 and 03 approved randomly.

When will PBEC get its act together? Don't they have any pending 2001 cases in their system that they are working on 2003 cases. (wlisa -nothing against you. Its just the random haphazard nature of PBEC that throws me off)

Is there a way you can get your case approved faster irrespective of PD? connections?

AwardMyGC said:
my2cents/all,

I don't think PBEC has any patterns as such. They seem to work intermittently; it's hard to guess, what to expect next? Consider my case RD is Apr'03 and I'm still waiting. My paralegal transpires to be ridiculous and nonetheless she doesn’t want to contact PBEC since, she says it might jeopardize my case.

Thanks
Same here. Contacting them may raise red flags as per my paralegal- Lets keep it quiet and wait it out. Come on - How long are you going to accept their unfairness?

labor approvals

my company received couple of approvals from philly bec.
two were from 2003 .. i think aug 2003
three were from 2004 .. as late as sep 2004

I believe all of them are EB3 and Non RIR...

Last edited by a moderator:
wlisa got an approval from Phiily that has just been posted two posts above. Although I am really happy for wlisa, I am surprised (and happy) to see an approval for April 2003 PD for TR labor!! Does that mean that TR queue has reached 2003? Or does it just mean that this was a case of a lucky/random approval? Or does it mean that they are processing based on received date at BEC (Feb,2004). Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure this is one of the random or as you say lucky ones whose cases got picked up as part of the training of PBEC contractors.... making us as confused as ever.. :(

Probably post Sept or Oct., whenever they finish data entry we will see some pattern of approvals which will make some sense to all of us. Till then it is a guessing game... DAMN PBEC !!!

It felt good as Juntha said... :)

dcmetro22042 said:
wlisa got an approval from Phiily that has just been posted two posts above. Although I am really happy for wlisa, I am surprised (and happy) to see an approval for April 2003 PD for TR labor!! Does that mean that TR queue has reached 2003? Or does it just mean that this was a case of a lucky/random approval? Any thoughts?

dcmetro22042 said:
wlisa got an approval from Phiily that has just been posted two posts above. Although I am really happy for wlisa, I am surprised (and happy) to see an approval for April 2003 PD for TR labor!! Does that mean that TR queue has reached 2003? Or does it just mean that this was a case of a lucky/random approval? Any thoughts?

He/She didn't say it was for her/him. It says lawyer got several approvals ...

dcmetro22042 said:
You will be more surprised and happy.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1209946&postcount=79

rupa_gc posted more approvals (TR, EB3)
two were from 2003 .. i think aug 2003
three were from 2004 .. as late as sep 2004

What happened to FIFO? Someone help PBEC. They have gone nuts.

justdoit: Most prob these cases already underwent supervised recruitment, got state approval and then got tranferred over for Regional approval. Then they were transferred to BEC.

justdoit said:
TR cases are supposed to undergo supervised recruitment. How are they able to approve TR cases so quickly?

Those have reached regional ......So the supervised recruitment is already done...

If 2004 approvals are coming out ..that is definately better..Now some time this year they would start on SWA cases.....

rupa: Do you know which were they from and when were they transferred to BEC? Also, were they all approved by state and sent to regional for approval?

msp1976 said:
Those have reached regional ......So the supervised recruitment is already done...

If 2004 approvals are coming out ..that is definately better..Now some time this year they would start on SWA cases.....

What about people waiting since 2001 ?

i do not have much details .. I found out that for one of them they did even receive a 45 day letter..

my case had cleared state and was transferred to federal philly... and got stuck there.
my pd is july 2003. and i still have no news on what is going on...

i will try to get some details but i think the approvals are very random..

IT or Non-It?

rupa_gc: Any idea about the approved labors are IT related?

Thanks.

rupa_gc said:
i do not have much details .. I found out that for one of them they did even receive a 45 day letter..
i will try to get some details but i think the approvals are very random..

For Atyagi

Atyagi,
What's the status of other people from your company? Did Danish's labor get cleared...I think it was also filed from MD/Va?

That is the irony of the situation. People with later PD's are getting their labor cleared than previous ones. I think BEC should change their names to Backlog Increase Center (BIC).. :confused:

atyagi73 said:
What about people waiting since 2001 ?