Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

srkotturu said:
Not only that our salary is also contribute. I have Masters with over 10 years of experiece. When I asked my lawyer to file under EB2, he said, my salary should be around 70 K. Due to which my case was filed under EB3.

SRK

what is ur major? what is ur field of expertise?

thanks

Juntha,

As far as I know, NIW can only be filed by some one who is currently emplyed and is doing something in the national interest. In the 140 form (the same form for both LC based applcation and NIW based application), you have to provide some information about your current job.

So I am not sure if you can apply for NIW without a job... I really hate to discourage you and I hope I am wrong. Please check with lawyers, although I also got this information from a lawyer as well.

You may apply for EB1 Exceptional Ability without a job, but not NIW.

juntha said:
NIW is incredibly dificult to obtain. It s not based on papers but on the fact that yu have to convince litterally the INS agent that yu deserve the green card just on the base that your job would benefits the nation altogether.
I sent several Emails to attorneys, some told me it would be agood idea to try NIW. Convincing a INS agent about the good of nuclear energy isn t such a problem. After all Bush decided a month ago to go for the nuclear option to solve our energy problem. And showing nuclear energy is a benefits for our society wouldnt then be very hard.
The major problem for me being the large amount of perfect recommendation letters . I am 32 and i obtained my PhD 3 years ago. I am not sure i know 5 eminent persons in the field.
I could get a hand on 2 or 3 recommendation letters. Most from my home country.

Now for the attorney part... The fee is just about 3000 dollars which isn t that much. I do suspect they are asking for more recommendation letters because they are, after all, only making research on my field without necessary having an expertise on it. I would think that fewer recommendation letters and maybe a report writen by me could do the trick.

In any case. This is my last option.

allaboutgc said:
Juntha,

As far as I know, NIW can only be filed by some one who is currently emplyed and is doing something in the national interest. In the 140 form (the same form for both LC based applcation and NIW based application), you have to provide some information about your current job.

So I am not sure if you can apply for NIW without a job... I really hate to discourage you and I hope I am wrong. Please check with lawyers, although I also got this information from a lawyer as well.

You may apply for EB1 Exceptional Ability without a job, but not NIW.

Thanks for the info.
In any case, at 32, how do they think i could gather TWELVE letters of recommendation . I ve been out of school just for 4 years. I dont even think i know 12 people in real life lol. Eb1 is, yu are right, possible for me. I am preapring a file right now and will invest 190 dollars to send it by the end of the week. Let s hope it ll go fast. I still have 15 months on my h1b clock.
I am hoping a pretty decent resume and several publications could help me avoid a weak number of recommendation. (do they check on these anyway ?)

DAMN THE PBEC !!!!

OK.. i feel sooo much better now

justdoit said:
The position should demand Bachelors with 5 years exp. and your employer should agree to pay the prevailing wage in the locality for that kind of position.

Many companies file cases as EB3 that could be filed as EB2 to avoid paying the comparatively high prevailing wage. (There could be other reasons as well)

I agree, for my case, I got a couple of Masters(the third one I am doing now) and 8+ years of Exp. My employer filed my GC After 2 years of joining them under EB3, I came to know these details(after 2 years and under EB3) a few months back. So, I have no other way to go rahter sink in the EB3 floods.

So, the employer will always tries to file under EB3 to save his/her ass from prevelling wages stuff etc. the Idoits like me will trust them and end up in cleaning their car garages for years..

juntha said:
Thanks for the info.
In any case, at 32, how do they think i could gather TWELVE letters of recommendation . I ve been out of school just for 4 years. I dont even think i know 12 people in real life lol. Eb1 is, yu are right, possible for me. I am preapring a file right now and will invest 190 dollars to send it by the end of the week. Let s hope it ll go fast. I still have 15 months on my h1b clock.
I am hoping a pretty decent resume and several publications could help me avoid a weak number of recommendation. (do they check on these anyway ?)

DAMN THE PBEC !!!!

OK.. i feel sooo much better now
Don't worry too much because you can ask your employer to break your salary into two or three monthes. Have you taken all your vacations? If so, you take unpaid leave then your pay will be reduced. You will have enough time to file for NIW or Eb1. They said current being employed means that by the time you file for it, you are employed. I understand is that you can file for it and quit your job right after they give you a receipt. Two to three monthes is more than enough to file for it, including gathering letters. Explain your situation to all people you know in your field and ask for help to gather letters.
ALso I think for others haven't taken your paid vacation yet, take your vacation immediately now. Then if your company lay you off, take some unpaid leave to give them a reason to break your pay into three monthes.
But you haven't use up your vacation, they cannot do it and they have to pay you in one month. So, start from now on, try to use up your vacation as much as you can.

RE: Idoits like me will trust them and end up in cleaning their car garages for years

It is funny and reality too.

SRK.

Whats going on at PBEC, no news, no 45 day letter. We should all just
shut-up and be at their mercy. We have been told that BEC is data entrying all cases right now and will be done by September. Then what ? With current manpower and budget I don't think they can eliminate backlog by next 2 years if they stick to same review process. They have to process files quickly (just have a glance at it and certify it :)) or have to double contractors.

aprl2002, any news ?

agycy (I don't rememer exactly), you were going to meet some senetors this Tuesday, what happened ?

Urge everyone to fax your Senators or local media

I am urging everyone to fax your concern about the labor backlog to your state Senators and enclosed the Washington Post article to back you up. At least, we have something in the media to show them what's going on in Philly. Please do your part. I have faxed to Senator Kennedy, McCain, Specter, Lautenberg, Corzine, Schumer and some media around my area. Thanks. :)

Let's Take Action!!

aycy said:
I am urging everyone to fax your concern about the labor backlog to your state Senators and enclosed the Washington Post article to back you up. At least, we have something in the media to show them what's going on in Philly. Please do your part. I have faxed to Senator Kennedy, McCain, Specter, Lautenberg, Corzine, Schumer and some media around my area. Thanks. :)

I agree 100% with you. I started last Sunday.
The article give us the best oportunity we have had in a long time. Let's use it!

They should double, even triple the number of contractors. And they can charge the cost to us. I am willing to pay $5000 to get my LC sooner (within 3-6 months). I am sure everyone else feels the same way. Think about the budget in that case. $5000 times 300K, $1.5B. !!! It is not like they have not done this before. Premium processing with H1B is exactly the same idea.

link to news article

aycy said:

aycy ...do you have link to the news article ?

approved

My case was approved on Jul 10.2005. I also heard several cases approved recently. It seems to me they are sending the approvement a lot now.

To JUNTHA

Although you have receive already a lot of support from the members of this forum, I want to let you know that a big group of guys like me, normally readers of the site, are sharing this bad moment with you.
I am in a very different activity than yours, but I will keep me eyes open for any possible opportunity for you.
ArgenBas

wlisa,

Congratulations!!!!

Can you please post your case details...We can add your approval to the BEC approval tracker.

See my signature for an example.

Thank you.

My Case detail

Here is my case:

WV SWA, Non-RIR, EB2 (MS+0 or BS+5)
SWA RD (PD): Apr, 2003
SWA sent to Philly DOL: Feb,2004
45-Day BPC Letter Received: Jan, 2005
45-Day BPC Letter Replied: Feb, 2005
Philly BPC Case #: can't remember

My lawyer told me that she got several approvals but I don't know about their details.she said now PBEC becomes faster.

wlisa said:
Here is my case:

My lawyer told me that she got several approvals but I don't know about their details.she said now PBEC becomes faster.
Congrats wlisa!!

When will PBEC come to FIFO??

One more update from PBEC, but no FIFO

Found this in another thread. I am not sure if I should be happy or what :confused:

wlisa said:
Here is my case:

aycy said:

Guys,
We have to target more republican senators who are undecided.....

Congrats

In all probablity, PBEC is working based upon on RD received date, not PD or date 45 letter replied.
We have to get the approval pattern from lawyers because they will be getting a lot more approvals than what we are seeing here.

Thanks