Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

juntha said:
There are 3 kind of people in this country.
-People that are born in it and believe they have the right to get what they want. They are certainely right. They are entitled to it.
-Some people came in this country for a better life,and an easier life for their families.
-And then there are some people, not a lot, that chose to come here because they find their identity and 'raison d'etre' in that country. I am in this category. Some kind of weird patriotism from someone who is not part of the country.

Well. Yu see i am an eternal optimistic. Maybe USCISisMockery is laughing right at what seems to be an understatement.

Cheers ;)
Try to talk to your company to find a way to postpone your last pay check for about two to three monthes. File for NIW within this time. You should talk to your lawyer ASAP. Once you obtain a case #. means your NIW pending, you are free to stay in this country without doing anything, I guess

juntha said:
There are 3 kind of people in this country.
-People that are born in it and believe they have the right to get what they want. They are certainely right. They are entitled to it.
-Some people came in this country for a better life,and an easier life for their families.
-And then there are some people, not a lot, that chose to come here because they find their identity and 'raison d'etre' in that country. I am in this category. Some kind of weird patriotism from someone who is not part of the country.

Well. Yu see i am an eternal optimistic. Maybe USCISisMockery is laughing right at what seems to be an understatement.

Cheers ;)
I am really sorry to hear that and now I am depressed again. I suggest a call to Lawyer Zhang and ask his immediate attention to your C.V. and ask him if you can file for NIW. I think there are 7 catalogs for filing under NIW: if your work is related to healthcare, energy, cheap housing, education of low level people, etc. you can ask lawyer Zhang if your expertise meet one of this catalog. NIW only needs from 6 to 8 recommendation letters. It is just a phone call and he will give you a free evaluation right away.

LedBy said:
juntha,
sorry about such a situation.
why u need to wait for labor? go for eb1 as you have outstanding credentials.
i guess you can do it yourself.
I don't know if he can file for Eb1 without sponser now. I remember that requires him to stay in that field always even if he change companies. But I heard of by filing NIW, he can stay at home and do nothing. I heard of lots of people have no job and don't go to school, they file for NIW and just stay by NIW pending.

justdoit said:
Very Sad News Juntha. I passed thru the same phase when our company outsourced the entire development/operations department. But luckily they continued to keep me (for the moment, few months, few years - I dont know until when).
I sincerely hope you find a way out.

Since your Labor is pending for more than a year - any company could file and get a 1 year H1 extension for you. So, file for fresh PERM labor and the H1B 1 year extension immediately. The idea is to get labor and 140 approved before this 1 year extension expires. (You can get more 1 year extensions if you current employer does not close you current Labor case).

I know its easier said than done. But not sure if you have other options at this stage other than finding a pre-approved labor for your skillset which may be hard to find. All the best.
If your company is laying off people in your division but let you keep your job, your LC may get denied. One of my friend has the similar case and his labor is denied. You need to ask your lawyer ASAP.

Contact info for Juntha

Juntha,

please, post your contact info (email), so that those of us, who happen to find an opening in your field (Nuclear Chemist) can send you a note, which would not be lost in this huge thread. For example, I have a friend who has Nuclear Physics education and background and he has some friends in that field; I sent him a note, but don't know when he will reply. So, having your email handy would be useful in case if an opening will show up.

And keep trying!!! Talk to all Russian folks you can find (including those employed in Software), they are more likely to have Nuclear Physics background and/or friends in this field.

Good luck!!!

Igor

Last edited by a moderator:
Juntha,

sorry to hear that. Don't give up easily. May be there is a way out. Try talk to your lawyer or employer see if you can continue your LC. Because GC is for future employment. Meanwhile, you need to worry about how to remain in status.

juntha said:
Well, i ve been trying to be as positive as possible with DOL and BEC. Sounds like I should have looked at my company's finances.
Been laid off today.
The End...

Luckylucky,

May I know what is NIW stand for ?

luckylucky said:
Try to talk to your company to find a way to postpone your last pay check for about two to three monthes. File for NIW within this time. You should talk to your lawyer ASAP. Once you obtain a case #. means your NIW pending, you are free to stay in this country without doing anything, I guess

Juntha, Sorry To See This Here! Could You Send Me Email & Resume?

to: comments@heyeden.com

juntha said:
Well, i ve been trying to be as positive as possible with DOL and BEC. Sounds like I should have looked at my company's finances.
Been laid off today.
The End...

igor_ch said:
Juntha,

please, post your contact info (email), so that those of us, who happen to find an opening in your field (Nuclear Chemist) can send you a note, which would not be lost in this huge thread. For example, I have a friend who has Nuclear Physics education and background and he has some friends in that field; I sent him a note, but don't know when he will reply. So, having your email handy would be useful in case if an opening will show up.

And keep trying!!! Talk to all Russian folks you can find (including those employed in Software), they are more likely to have Nuclear Physics background and/or friends in this field.

Good luck!!!

Igor

Thanks for all yur message of support. ;)
My Email Adress is : frr7412@msn.com

Thanks Juntha and sorry for ur loss and thanks to all who tried to help me.I am sorry guys if I asked about extension in this forum. But I had written as reply in some other thread and it disappeared from there and came here. I can understand the need to stick the subject of the thread.
As far as case status is concerned can non-RIR case get converted to RIR case by BEC and what is the difference between two???

Very Sad

juntha said:
Been laid off today.
The End...

Sorry to hear that. Hope you find your good fortune immediately. May God bless you and your family.

luckylucky said:
If your company is laying off people in your division but let you keep your job, your LC may get denied. One of my friend has the similar case and his labor is denied. You need to ask your lawyer ASAP.

Don't scare people please

There are two different types of layoffs - Layoffs across the company which effect almost every division in the company; Strategy change where a particular division is closed in the company.
Broad layoffs because of the financial health of the company have negative impact on the Green Card application and it is not easy for companies to hide layoffs either (I don't know about Indian consulting firms). Every company pays a FUTA, and SUTA (Federal and State Unemployment taxes) and the tax rate is determined by DOL based on the number of unemployment applications filed by ex-employees. The only way DOL is not going to know about layoffs is if layed off employees decide not to file for unemployment benefits.
Again I am not a lawyer but I was with a company that had 7-8 rounds of layoffs in 2000-2001.

Sorry Juntha!

Extremely sorry to hear your story...such stories should be published in media which may have greater impact than the stories of rest of us who are still in the queue. DOL should be held responsible for such cases. Let us all look out for a suitable position for our friend here. In this dark hour no one else seem to be supportive, so better be us.

Its heart breaking

Juntha,
I can totally relate to your comments about being a patriot w/o any solid link. I will always be a well wisher and admirer of the positives this society. Wish you all the best.
There was a post few days back about some judiciary committee hearings on the subject of capturing the unused visa numbers and some immigration reform bill. Has that started yet? Is anyone following that? Please post if you have any info about it.
frog

sb41 said:
There are two different types of layoffs - Layoffs across the company which effect almost every division in the company; Strategy change where a particular division is closed in the company.
Broad layoffs because of the financial health of the company have negative impact on the Green Card application and it is not easy for companies to hide layoffs either (I don't know about Indian consulting firms). Every company pays a FUTA, and SUTA (Federal and State Unemployment taxes) and the tax rate is determined by DOL based on the number of unemployment applications filed by ex-employees. The only way DOL is not going to know about layoffs is if layed off employees decide not to file for unemployment benefits.
Again I am not a lawyer but I was with a company that had 7-8 rounds of layoffs in 2000-2001.
Do you mean that closing of a division won't affect LC?
I am scared by massive lay off very much.
i think as long as we wait for LC, still we are in danger.
That is why I said it is extremely unfair for us because PERM can be approved by several days and they can file I140 right away. During the period they wait to for I485, company lay off won't affect them cause they got LC by PERM already. As long as we stay in Philly, company lay off is going to affect us. We are so cooked!
Juntha, if you can file for NIW, you can even be a F1 students as long as you still stay in your field. I think maybe refinding a h1 in your field is hard, but transfering to F1 is is much easier. NIW takes 3 to 6 monthes for I140 and you can even file for I485 with I140 at the begining. Is your field related to any of the NIW catalog?

eefrog said:
Juntha,
There was a post few days back about some judiciary committee hearings on the subject of capturing the unused visa numbers and some immigration reform bill. Has that started yet? Is anyone following that? Please post if you have any info about it.
frog

There is a hearing today....
http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearing.cfm?id=1588

It might be a bit late...But for whatever it is worth..
All Guys ...please write your senators for supporting McCain/Kennedy bill...
This increases the visa numbers from 140K to 290K... would end retrogression instantly.....This would also recapture the unused visa numbers..

Also oppose cornyn/kyl bill because it cuts down EB1/EB2 numbers and gives those to unskilled labor....This does not increase visa numbers and would increase all skilled immigration backlogs....

I recently read the text of Cornyn/Kyl bill from shusterman's site...If that thing gets through....we are f*cked.....EB1/EB2 numbers cut down to 15% each from 28%...EB3 increase by a few thousand and 35% to unskilled.....So all categories would be backlogged hopelessly.....All EB1/EB3 would start filing for EB3 as EB3 numbers would be slightly more.....