Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Can you please chare this article(link/scan of the paperprint) for the benefit of all of us.

Thanks!

richshi said:
The news/article by Washington Post is definetely worth encouraging from all of us. I urge people to send positive comments to the paper and to the reporter. A couple of local newspapers quoted this article as well. This helps raise the awareness of the public of the poor performance by the DOL, which right now is the biggest hurdle on the GC road for hundred of thousands of legal immigrants. The comments made by the Assistant Secretary of DOL is full of shit. Smart people of course can smell out the self-contradicting of her words.

Please continue to voice our dissatisfaction to all public media and figures, this can only help.

I guess the Phily is the worse of the two backlog centers. Hope it can finish entering all the cases by Sept, 2005, then start to process cases by FIFO. People need to keep reminding them of the FIFO rule, they tend to forget. People never made to regional are still waiting for the so called 45 day letters except for a few lucky ones. Also, traditional cases getting priority than RIR cases, not the other way around.

Expose the dark secrets of the Phily Backlog center! Let them be condemned.

I have emailed back to the author of this article on Washington Post and thanked for his/her writing and help. I mentioned again our big pain here and the unfair immigration system for us the so many legal immigrants. I also asked him/her to keep raising the public attention and he/she may use me as further information or support.

article on Washington Post

jiangnan said:
I have emailed back to the author of this article on Washington Post and thanked for his/her writing and help. I mentioned again our big pain here and the unfair immigration system for us the so many legal immigrants. I also asked him/her to keep raising the public attention and he/she may use me as further information or support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article talks about sufferings of legal immigrants due to inefficiencies of DOL....A good start towards enlightening the public, congressmen and senators who create laws in this country.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3279324

Last edited by a moderator:
Please take initiative and take action(small/big does not matter). I think, doing anything is better than doing nothing. Otherwise, we will keep on discussing and no action will be ever taken. This is my personal opnion.

msp1976 said:
The last time there was large mobilization...It was through http://www.isn.org/
That time there were things like 7th year extension...Guys we need to talk to people like Murali Deverkonda/Shailesh Gala......A large group would always be more effective than just a few people....

The end ;)

Well, i ve been trying to be as positive as possible with DOL and BEC. Sounds like I should have looked at my company's finances.
Been laid off today.
The End...

Sorry to hear about it

Juntha... sorry to hear about you being laid off.. I hope something good(new job + pre-approved labor) happens to you soon..

All the best..

GCVaruma

juntha said:
Well, i ve been trying to be as positive as possible with DOL and BEC. Sounds like I should have looked at my company's finances.
Been laid off today.
The End...

that's why

According to the article in the Washington Post, there's only 10 officers working on approvals at the PBEC ...

that explains why we're seeing just a trickle of decisions here and there! and that can also explain something that always baffled me, why the hell they decided to do the entire data entry before start processing the applications. The reason could be that they knew they wouldn't have enough resources in 2005 for whatever reason, and therefore they decided to do the data entry first because it's something that can be done by contractors.

Now, a quick math ... 10 officers, working maybe some 4 processes per hour (tops) ...320 per day ...6,400 per month ... 72,000 per year ... so we're looking at good 5 years ! I love the DOL !!

juntha said:
Been laid off today.
The End...
I am so sorry to hear that, Juntha. I just lost my words now looking at this hateful immigration system. I am not in IT industry, though, but is there anything people here can be of help? Please let us know.

jiangnan said:
I am so sorry to hear that, Juntha. I just lost my words now looking at this hateful immigration system. I am not in IT industry, though, but is there anything people here can be of help? Please let us know.

I am not IT, i am a Radio (nuclear) chemist with a PhD. Wayyy too hard to find a job for myself even if i Wanted.

Very sorry juntha!!

juntha said:
Been laid off today.
The End...
Very sorry juntha!!

sorry to hear it, Juntha

juntha said:
I am not IT, i am a Radio (nuclear) chemist with a PhD. Wayyy too hard to find a job for myself even if i Wanted.

It is all DOL's fault, without the backlog, you should have already received the GC. who can blame you if you "nuke" the DOL for revenge!

It is almost like they have created the system so as to drive out deserving people...I donot know what to say....

juntha said:
Been laid off today.
The End...

IT's a sad news ..sorry to hear.. waiting for years together for this damn LC/GC..

Who knows how many of us will be in this bad situation before we get our LC/GC !!!

Extraordinary Ability EB1

juntha,
sorry about such a situation.
why u need to wait for labor? go for eb1 as you have outstanding credentials.
i guess you can do it yourself.

juntha said:
So sorry to hear that.

From a very authoritative source I received some bad news last year, and I was told that mostly my RIR will be denied (which may mean my case will be returned to NON-RIR). Can anyone here kindly give me some advice on how I should deal with this? Is it better to wait for a denial and another few years of NON-RIR, or do I need to file a PERM?

My attorney also went out of business last year shortly after we received this news, and she simply handed over the case to me and let me decide what to do. My employer replied my 45-day letter back in March anyway.

And also could someone here tell me if my case is returned back to NON-RIR, where will it be processed first, or simply where will Philly send it to? Many many thanks!

Juntha, believe me, we are essentially on the same boat.

Sorry!

Sorry to hear that at this moment.

juntha said:
Been laid off today.
The End...

Hey buddy,

Sorry to hear this.You seem to have a great Qualification.Don't give up hope and keep trying...Maybe something better is in store for you than waiting in this stupid wait lines...

Keep us posted.

juntha said: