Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

This sucks...

I am so sorry to hear about this... this is aweful news after waiting for all these years. I am sure you will find something with your qualifications. Could you send your area of specialization and let me see if I can find something for you.

Keep your spirits up !!

juntha said:
I am not IT, i am a Radio (nuclear) chemist with a PhD. Wayyy too hard to find a job for myself even if i Wanted.

Very Sad News Juntha. I passed thru the same phase when our company outsourced the entire development/operations department. But luckily they continued to keep me (for the moment, few months, few years - I dont know until when).
I sincerely hope you find a way out.

Since your Labor is pending for more than a year - any company could file and get a 1 year H1 extension for you. So, file for fresh PERM labor and the H1B 1 year extension immediately. The idea is to get labor and 140 approved before this 1 year extension expires. (You can get more 1 year extensions if you current employer does not close you current Labor case).

I know its easier said than done. But not sure if you have other options at this stage other than finding a pre-approved labor for your skillset which may be hard to find. All the best.

juntha said:
Well, i ve been trying to be as positive as possible with DOL and BEC. Sounds like I should have looked at my company's finances.
Been laid off today.
The End...

Sorry to hear this, Juntha. God will help you and may be there is a good opportunity waiting for you.

This is the number one problems most of the folks facing. After waiting so long time for your labor to get approved, and all of sudden if you get laid off where do we go?

We pay leagal taxes just like other citizens and GC holders, and we need to protect our jobs, and need to maintain our immigration status and if we get laid off, all of our efforts to stay leagally are invain. Just think about it is so hard to stick with the same employer ever since your GC is filed.

Ciril99

This is so depressing. I'm so sorry to hear the bad news, Juntha. Maybe you should share your story (over 4 years painful waiting) to the media, like the author of the washingtonpost article. It is a typical case of how DOL's stupid system is messing up deserving people's lives. God knows how many of us will face the same problem.

Myself is walking on thin ice everyday dreading about my job security. Where is the end of this suffering!

Thanks aprlc2002

aprlc2002 said:
Hi I strongly believe you can expect your LC adjudication sometime in Sep end or first weeek of Oct.

Thanks for the quick response.. Let me keep waiting...

Excellent idea-Let's forward juntha's case(provided he is willing to do so) to Mitra Kalita of Washington Post and show DOL what pains a person goes through w/ a situation like his. This is total injustice for a qualified person like juntha.

Can anyone take initiative in this regard...

VAhoper said:
This is so depressing. I'm so sorry to hear the bad news, Juntha. Maybe you should share your story (over 4 years painful waiting) to the media, like the author of the washingtonpost article. It is a typical case of how DOL's stupid system is messing up deserving people's lives. God knows how many of us will face the same problem.

Myself is walking on thin ice everyday dreading about my job security. Where is the end of this suffering!

Juntha, my sympathy lies with you but don't loose hope.
Man, you are so highly qualified that we can't even help you to get a job in IT. I am not sure if there are any legal ways to continue your application.

But...
Biggest strength of this country is that anybody can bounce back quickly. I have seen many in worse situation and came back (by virtue of luck, patience and hard work) for better. With right combination of hard work and luck, its matter of months you will laugh at Today. Our wishes are with you.

We lost another active member of this forum.

This is just peak of iceberg, next year you will see lot of brilliant people eliminated so unjustly. Its time now to rise and raise your voices agains this unjust practice.

How an idea of forming a "taskforce" sounds ? Anybody interested ?

News Article and family

Just posted the following to Washington Post in response to the news article.
Hoping for more coverage in the mainstream media.

=====================================================
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to S. Mitra Kalita and the Washington Post for publishing the article "For Green Card Applicants, Waiting Is the Hardest Part". http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/22/AR2005072202060.html

My family is one on the hundreds of thousands of families in the ever lengthening queue and to see some press coverage of the issue is truely uplifting.

We, like many others, are regular, honest people just wanting to live our lives. We moved here in 1999, transfered by my employer. By 2002, by family decided they would like to live here permenantly.

The process has taken so long, that my children are about to leave school and since our green card is still "in-process", they will not be able to find jobs and begin their working lives.

My wife also, put her career on hold, since spouses cannot work on a temporary visa (H1). She has now been out of the workforce for 6 years due to this move and, it seems, may be out for maybe 8 years or more if things continue at their current speed. This will obviously impact her position on her return to the workforce.

Back in 2002, it was estimated to take 18 months to complete the green card process...

People forget about the effect on family members of legitmate, qualified green card applicants. We applicants can continue working and living under the visa extension provisions, but our families have no options open to them.

Again, thanks for publishing the above mentioned article and here's hoping this generated some much needed attention to the backlog situation.
==========================================================

HondaRider

How did you send your comments to the washington Post? Thanks.

HondaRider said:
Just posted the following to Washington Post in response to the news article.
Hoping for more coverage in the mainstream media.

=====================================================
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to S. Mitra Kalita and the Washington Post for publishing the article "For Green Card Applicants, Waiting Is the Hardest Part". http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/22/AR2005072202060.html

==========================================================

Probably we are next

I am one of those 1000's of silent viewers of this site.

We deeply sympathise with Junta.

Probably we are next as rumours go arround that our company will be sold. Probably USCIS is achieving what they wanted (Conspiracy theory).

Sorry to hear that Junta. May God bless you.

Rajal
NJ SWA PD Oct 2002
EB3 never went to Region
No 45 day letter

Last edited by a moderator:
Comments to Washington Post

Used "Contact Us" at bottom of page and selected "Contact a Writer" in Topic of message. Hoping it gets to S. Mitra Kalita (writer).

meg_z said:
How did you send your comments to the washington Post? Thanks.

Re Washington Post article and other such articles

We are already doing this, but to retreat, in order to raise awareness we could do the following:

- please email the article(s) from the newspaper site, to as many people as possible. This may make the article(s) the most emailed/popular article

- cc these articles when writing to your senators or congress representatives
or media

- respond to the authors of these articles and briefly explain the despicable situations we and our families are in

Sorry Juntha!

Sad to hear this, Juntha!.

Most of us are in similar boats fearing always that something will happen like this any day.

May be this group is too honest waiting for years to get the LC whereas some people bought LCs and today they are all green-card holders.

The more I think it is becoming sick to follow the process honestly.

anyways don't lose hope and as long as they don't withdraw you should be able to extend H1 and file the next LC ASAP.

- MD2001

juntha said:
I am not IT, i am a Radio (nuclear) chemist with a PhD. Wayyy too hard to find a job for myself even if i Wanted.

just curious ...

Why do you want to stay in the USA?

MD2001 said:
Sad to hear this, Juntha!.

Most of us are in similar boats fearing always that something will happen like this any day.

May be this group is too honest waiting for years to get the LC whereas some people bought LCs and today they are all green-card holders.

The more I think it is becoming sick to follow the process honestly.

anyways don't lose hope and as long as they don't withdraw you should be able to extend H1 and file the next LC ASAP.

- MD2001

Info abt the WP writer

Here's info on the Post writer...
http://www.saja.org/kalita.html

I wrote to her at mitra@desiwriter.com and invited her to look at this discussion:

--------
Hello,

Thank you for your article "For Green Card Applicants, Waiting Is the Hardest Part" which sheds some light on the sorry contemparory situation of aspiring employment based immigrants. I'm one of those 330,000 who after two and a half years of waiting is considering returning to his home country as it now offers reasonably good employment opportunities. [Not at all a case of sour grapes -- I'm not left much choice.]

If you are interested in reading what others like Rajesh in your article are thinking, you are welcome to join us at:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149224

Regards,
Siddharth
--------

Are you looking Juntha?

juntha said:
Well, i ve been trying to be as positive as possible with DOL and BEC. Sounds like I should have looked at my company's finances.
Been laid off today.
The End...

My Company is always hiring. Send me your email and I will ask you where to send you resume.

Don't worry.

Regards,

chinglun said:
Why do you want to stay in the USA?

There are 3 kind of people in this country.
-People that are born in it and believe they have the right to get what they want. They are certainely right. They are entitled to it.
-Some people came in this country for a better life,and an easier life for their families.
-And then there are some people, not a lot, that chose to come here because they find their identity and 'raison d'etre' in that country. I am in this category. Some kind of weird patriotism from someone who is not part of the country.

Well. Yu see i am an eternal optimistic. Maybe USCISisMockery is laughing right at what seems to be an understatement.

Cheers ;)