Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

MDwatch said:
You should post your information in the BEC Priority Date tracking thread:http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571&goto=lastpost

This way you can become part of our statistic :) There is one person already in the tracker from Mississippi with PD of 10/2004. He has received his 45 day letter in march. Have you received yours ?

Ok, I will do this.
No yet. Yesterday, I called Philly BEC, a woman answered my phone call, and she was very patient and tried to explain to me how they dealing with the cases there. Because the boxes from regional office is not numbered, so maybe people receive the 45-day not in a FIFO sequence, but she confirmed that they have two different lines for RIR and Non RIR, and she said when they go to really process the cases, it is in FIFO.
Also, she said they really hope people do not call them too often, because they are doing multi-job there, if less phone call, they can process more cases.
MDwatch, I am EB3, so maybe transfer to PERM do not have a lot meaning for me, but are you considering to move to PERM.

Sophia

Quick ?

Gurus,

Quick ?.

What does 'Case Status: TR ' mean?
All I know is TR = Traditional Recruitment and my employer completed this supervised recruitment back in 02/2003.

Do I need to go through this recruitment effort all over again? All your assist is highly appreciated.

Thanks

AwardMyGC

moving to PERM

sophia85 said:
Are you planning move to PERM? I am EB3, so even I move to PERM and get approved, still waiting, I know that's better than this. Do you know the cases' priority date coming out of Dalla?

Sophia
:(
yes, i am moving to PERM very soon. i am EB3 too. if you're not from India, Philipines etc... than most likly that on Oct 05 numbers will be available again.

Slade245 said:
yes, i am moving to PERM very soon. i am EB3 too. if you're not from India, Philipines etc... than most likly that on Oct 05 numbers will be available again.

What about China?
Good luck, Slade245, I know maybe finally we will all get certified, but this long waiting is too painful, some times I am so afraind of thinking about this, make people crazy, can not live normally.

sophia85 said:
Because the boxes from regional office is not numbered, so maybe people receive the 45-day not in a FIFO sequence, but she confirmed that they have two different lines for RIR and Non RIR, and she said when they go to really process the cases, it is in FIFO.

That is just to keep people happy and quiet. We all know they are not processing cases in FIFO. You should definitely insist with your lawyer that he check on your case.

sophia85 said:
MDwatch, I am EB3, so maybe transfer to PERM do not have a lot meaning for me, but are you considering to move to PERM.

I would have but my company is refusing to pay the money for the PERM filing and they do not want to do more advertisement :( So I will not be applying under PERM. I am one of those modern slaves, stuck with the same employer until I finally file I-140 and I-485 :)

Mixed emotions anyone.....just ranting and raving

My friend and I have the same PD and RD for SFO DOL. I got the 45day letter a month earlier than him, but his case was sent to Dallas and mine went to Philly (exactly the reason I am in this forum :) ). He just got his labor approved from Dallas.

Kinda hard to stomach both joy for him as well as pain and apprehension for me...

butthead said:
My friend and I have the same PD and RD for SFO DOL. I got the 45day letter a month earlier than him, but his case was sent to Dallas and mine went to Philly (exactly the reason I am in this forum :) ). He just got his labor approved from Dallas.

Kinda hard to stomach both joy for him as well as pain and apprehension for me...

Where is the fairness in the process ??? ANy I challenge anybody to say otherwise ... DOL is not processing cases according to PD. They have to centers that are abiding by different rules where there should be only one rule for everybody.

2 identical PD in the same state one gets approved and the other is stuck in Philly that would make a great example for a newspaper article !!! Contact the news media and get your story out there :rolleyes:

i moved to PERM

i moved to Perm two weeks ago.
my employer received a phone call from Dpt of labor to verify the application, i hope this could be a signal ( i dont know good or bad signal).
Since my RIR application was accepted by the regional center of Atlanta in feb 2003, (2 years ago), during that time i got my license as a professional engineer, so i filled PERM for a different position in the organization.
so i have 2 tickets for this "marvelous "lottery

werner

werner said:
i filled PERM for a different position in the organization.

werner, great!

You could be our guiding spirit here. Please keep posting updates.
I guess you can check your status online, what does it say now?

Best of luck

butthead said:

Call your congressman/woman's office and tell them what happened. Write to Secretary Chao's office and tell them the unfaireness. They are supposed to deal with national fairness and standard by setting up BEC. But they set up TWO, and the two are so diffenrent that it is a joke when you talk about fairness. People are really good at making up things like SWA, BRC, BEC, BPC, RIR, TR, PERM, CIS, USCIS, SERVICE........ What a great English lesson!

I checked, he says you can have RIR and PERM for two different positions at the same time for same employer. In case PERM is approved, RIR can be used as labor substitution for other person.

vivekjain57 said:
Can you check with your lawyer also, whether it is possible to have 2 applications going with different positions and the same employer. The comfort level will be little better if 2 lawyers give their approval.

They need to make something every year so that they are employed.. after BRC many be

pennwaiting said:
Call your congressman/woman's office and tell them what happened. Write to Secretary Chao's office and tell them the unfaireness. They are supposed to deal with national fairness and standard by setting up BEC. But they set up TWO, and the two are so diffenrent that it is a joke when you talk about fairness. People are really good at making up things like SWA, BRC, BEC, BPC, RIR, TR, PERM, CIS, USCIS, SERVICE........ What a great English lesson!

SWA, BRC, BEC, BPC, RIR, TR, PERM, CIS, USCIS, SERVICE........ finally a dept called GETOUT or GETLOST :mad:

Better Head of this organization...

mamamiax said:
SWA, BRC, BEC, BPC, RIR, TR, PERM, CIS, USCIS, SERVICE........ finally a dept called GETOUT or GETLOST :mad:

If they give this dept to Laloo Prasad Yadav (Bihar) he might clean in a short period :)

Total cases entered

Hi Msp1976,

Total number of cases entered by 2 BECs are:
They entered full data for 40000 cases in 2004
In yr 2005 around the last 5 digits os the case numbers was reset to zero and went farward to 99999 around MAY03 - 2005 and got reset to zero
I have the following case number from tracker T05140-30*** (MAY20-2005)
So some time before may20 the sequence got reset to zero may be MAY-03-2005

I got my case number from screen shot PD july2003 from CT as T05153-51***

There is one more case number from the tracker as T05186-98***

It looks like the sequence got reset some time on July 07 -2005 based on ur friend's case num of T05188-01***

So the total cases entered into system by 2 BECs are:
40000 + 99999+ 99999+ 1000 = 240,000

But in just 2005 200,000 cases with full data entry and partial data entry

Let me know if u get additional case numbers.

Thanks

Move to Perm

Werner,
I have a PD of 12/03 (EB3 non- RIR NY SWA) and am currently on my 7th year extension. I inquired with my lawyer about moving to Perm and found out that the original application has to be withdrawn even if you apply for a different position. Is this true?

Appreciate any info/links/suggestions in this regard.

werner said:
my employer received a phone call from Dpt of labor to verify the application, i hope this could be a signal ( i dont know good or bad signal).
Since my RIR application was accepted by the regional center of Atlanta in feb 2003, (2 years ago), during that time i got my license as a professional engineer, so i filled PERM for a different position in the organization.

Last edited by a moderator:
fishing out a file?

Hmmm. I truly wonder if PBEC can achieve that level of sophistication!! If they're doing that then it must be a miracle.

msp1976 said:
That might not be the case ..When they get a request for 7 th year extension ..they might be fishing out the case from the boxes and make a temporary entry to provide the proof.....
Only thing we can say for sure is that in 2005 ....they have entered 100,000 cases to date July 7...some of those entries are brief...(Starting with T-...)

Jaiatl said:
I checked, he says you can have RIR and PERM for two different positions at the same time for same employer. In case PERM is approved, RIR can be used as labor substitution for other person.

Nope. DOL specifically talked about this in one of their latest bulletin.
And this is for this exact reason (you could give an approved LC to aother person) that they want you to withdraw your LC before filing for PERM.
It seems that some unscrupulous companies were SELLING the access to the PD from older LC to people. And this is illegal

rirlaborCT said:
Hi Msp1976,

So the total cases entered into system by 2 BECs are:
40000 + 99999+ 99999+ 1000 = 240,000

But in just 2005 200,000 cases with full data entry and partial data entry

Let me know if u get additional case numbers.

Thanks

Your calculations would hold true if both BEC's use the T-XXX numbers from the same pool...Which l believe should be the case. Now if they are just concentrating on brief data entry.....they would be able to make brief entries for all pending applications by Sept end..Oct start.... At that point the FIFO processing would be real......Well I am planning to file my 7th year extension in Oct-Nov....At that time I would send e-mail for proof....

Let's see how it goes.....

Quick update on my case:

If you guys remember, I was recently approved.
I just got to see a copy of my labor certification, my lawyer got this in the mail on July 15th, 2005 -- the date stamp on my approved labor certification is June 24th, 2005.

Obviously it took 3+ weeks to get to me after it was actually approved by the CO.
Good luck guys and gals --