Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

werner said:
Typical scenario using my attorney legal fees:

Year 2001 H1b: filing fees $ 1,500+ legal fees $ 3,500 + premiun process $ 1,000 = $ 6,000

year 2004 H1b renewal= legal fees $ 2,500+ $ 500 filing fees= $ 3,000

year 2003 RIR labor cert fees+ $ 5,000

year 2005 PERM labor cert= $ 5,000 ( i did not apply yet)
after year 6, every year additional renewal
Thats why attorneys are doing nothing, why kill golden egg hen.

If you know a inmigrant office with better legal fees , (Florida) please let me know

Yu cannot imagine how easy it is to file yourself a H1b application / extension / 'transfert'. I did it myself and it didn t cost me a penny. Same for Labor cert and, now, PERM. And in every case, BCIS or DOL is happy to help yu out along the way.
I dont think attorney considers DOL as a golden egg hen. It s quite the oposite, more and more people rely on attorneys (which they often dont trust) because people dont want to bother. Without us, an attorney will have nothing to file. As long as some people will depends on them, they will charge whatever they want.
Let see those fees if we start to know how to handle those filings !

Last edited by a moderator:
To juntha

Please juntha, give me details to do a transfer of a h1b visa ( spouse) and extention h1b for myself you can write links to do this to anorwer@hotmail.com
thanks in advance for your advise and support,
werner

juntha said:
Yu cannot imagine how easy it is to file yourself a H1b application / extension / 'transfert'. I did it myself and it didn t cost me a penny. Same for Labor cert and, now, PERM. And in every case, BCIS or DOL is happy to help yu out along the way.
I dont think attorney considers DOL as a golden egg hen. It s quite the oposite, more and more people rely on attorneys (which they often dont trust) because people dont want to bother. Without us, an attorney will have nothing to file. As long as some people will depends on them, they will charge whatever they want.

werner said:
Please juntha, give me details to do a transfer of a h1b visa ( spouse) and extention h1b for myself you can write links to do this to anorwer@hotmail.com
thanks in advance for your advise and support,
werner

Depending on an attorney or asking someone else for info on how to file a h1b application isnt going to fix the problem. Go on the web and read for info. There are plenty of website online that will tell you what to do. Go to DOL website for a LCA, everything will be explained to you. Knowledge is power.

The best way to do it (if i were you) would be in your case to get a copy of the original file your attorney filled for yu originally. There are a few changes but it s mostly the same thing. Yu ll need to change the dates and to check the right case in the front page of the application to reflect an h1b extension. Then you ll need some letters. The same (updated) anes as the one that were sent to BCIS and DOL (h1b labor certification is now online).
Finally, you need to start early because you can make some mistakes. I usually start 4 months in advance to be prepared in case the BCIS return the file because of missing information.

I thought leagally you can not file H1B application/extension for yourself, since the H1-B is belongs to company, not you. Your company or lawyer must file it for you. Correct me if I am wrong. I agree with you that the application itself is not difficult. But the point is if you are eligible to file it or not.

juntha said:

cala said:
I thought leagally you can not file H1B application/extension for yourself, since the H1-B is belongs to company, not you. Your company or lawyer must file it for you. Correct me if I am wrong. I agree with you that the application itself is not difficult. But the point is if you are eligible to file it or not.

The application can be filled by anyone, attorney or officer or any employe of the company as long as the company sign for it at the end. There s nothing that prevent you to file the application then ask the company to sign the application once they review it. You boss himself can file it for you if you explain him how.

LC03 said:
I think we r again deviating from the topic of phili BEC..Any approvals from phili?

Discussing H1B extension is very relevant, because looking at the way BEC operates, we all will go through this nonsense sooner or later :)

Might be I have to change my userid to "PBECisMockery" :)

what does this means ?

Choclito Choclito is offline Registered User Join Date: Jul 2004 Posts: 104 Dont Worry Quote: Originally Posted by shalinilulla U all say that all TR cases for 2001 that made it to regional are approved .. mine is may-2001 TR case recvd in Regional in feb 2004... recvd 45 day letter and replied in mar-05 .... should i be worried ? Mine is PD April 2001 said:
Why are these people saying that 2001 TR cases are done..? Are we missing something here ?

Newbie Question

Hi,

I would be thankful if I could get information on following questions
1. What is the PD of approval most recently recieved from BEC Phili?
2. My PD is August 2003 and I haven't recieved the 45-day letter yet. Do I need to worry about this?

Thanks alot
Abhi

Not a newbie question

apatil said:
Hi,

I would be thankful if I could get information on following questions
1. What is the PD of approval most recently recieved from BEC Phili?
2. My PD is August 2003 and I haven't recieved the 45-day letter yet. Do I need to worry about this?

Thanks alot
Abhi

Hey Abhi

I am not a newbie here but I have the same question (as do most suckers waiting for the American immigration system to let them in ;) )
But seriously, I dont think you need to worry yet about the 45 day letter, but please go ahead and read the older messages posted here...
You will find this thread (Specifically the Philadeplhia BEC thread) has become the place to discuss how man will get to Mars - thats not because we are distracted but because the Philly BEC doesn't afford any other subject of discussion. Approvals -- we dont know what that means yet.
:cool:

Take it easy - and enjoy the ride ;)

Any news on Philly RIR approval dates?

Dallas RIR approval is approaching Nov. 2002 now. I am happy for them and forgive me, I am jealous. What's the process for Philly? Any RIR approval?

Philly BPC news

I just talked to someone again and was told exactly what I was told last week. Philly BPC is processing the following Priority Dates:

RIR - Apr 2001
TR - Apr 2002

No further specifics are possible, they dont say which dates in those months.
Hang on tight. Hopefully we'll hear some news in the next week or so.

spidey said:
I just talked to someone again and was told exactly what I was told last week. Philly BPC is processing the following Priority Dates:

RIR - Apr 2001
TR - Apr 2002

Spidey

If they have already approved till these dates .did you get any update from them about sending out approvals from PBEC.

spidey said:

RIR - Apr 2001
TR - Apr 2002

Man this is the same fuckin information they have been providing for the past 10 YEARS. We all know that those bastards are still fucking those 2001 April cases. I don't know for how long they are going to do like this.

It sounds ridiculous to me. Isn't RIR supposed to be treated with higher priority than non-RIR from the purpose of the establishment of RIR?

spidey said:

RIR - Apr 2001
TR - Apr 2002

ssil said:
Spidey

If they have already approved till these dates .did you get any update from them about sending out approvals from PBEC.

I did not ask that question but I will next time I talk to her.
Although I have to say I assume they mail approvals out asap.

Thanks a lot spidey. At least we know something. The progress is disappointing, let's just hang on there. Keep us updated with your information...

spidey said:

RIR - Apr 2001
TR - Apr 2002

spidey said:
I did not ask that question but I will next time I talk to her.
Although I have to say I assume they mail approvals out asap.

Spidey, I don't think these bastards will do that asap. Bloody MFs

USCISisMockery said:
Discussing H1B extension is very relevant, because looking at the way BEC operates, we all will go through this nonsense sooner or later :)

Might be I have to change my userid to "PBECisMockery" :)

You should change your name to USImmigrationMockery....
Just a suggestion...

:cool: :cool: :rolleyes: :p

More of the same about Philly BPC

While I was busy trying to reach someone at the BPC I initiated an inquiry thro my lawyer as well, the good news is my lawyer confirms the dates I have reported before.

RIR Apr 2001
TR Apr 2002

Of course the bad news is that its not enough progress although I take some solace in the fact that we are at least getting date information now.

Better than a black hole.

Hopefully this is not a mirage.