Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Stewart__Rogers said:
Hi all,

My lawyer says that he has received and as responded back to the 45-day letter! I think he is lying for some unknown reasons! My case details are as follows and I would appreciate if you could take some time to answer the following questions:

Case Type: RIR
State: VA
Priority Date: 11/03/2003
Case did not make it to regional (unopened case)

(1) Considering my priority date, is it possible that my lawyer has received the 45-day letter?

(2) What does a typical 45-day letter contains? a scanned copy of the 45-day letter would be a great help (ofcourse you can hide your personal information)

(3) Lets assume that he has received and responded back to the 45-letter. How to track the status of my application? I tried to send an email to Philly email address that is used for tracking and they told me that they don't have information on my case yet and I should contact my employer! should I try again to send an email?

I know none of us is a lawyer but your advice based on your personal experiences would be really helpful and highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stewart Rogers

hi

if u look at the last processing time presented by DOL in jan 15 2005,it shows that virginia was processing october 2003 case by that time. so i think ur case (early november 2003) was probably one of the last case which cleared SWA before moving them to BEC. so i think ur case is considered regional now although u didn't receive any update from phili dol. i think this is why u got ur 45 days letter bcs ur case is considered at the regional level.

luckylucky said:
no no no! WE cannot allow that happen! Those bastards are going to ruin our lives by intentionally delaying our process to get their contract renewed. They should go to hell! We need to add this information about their eligibility of renewing their contract in our letters to policitians. That is a very important point.
Is there any other valuable input/rumors? Please input any information as much as you can here. If there is such kind of rumor and we should ask them to clarify it because maybe it is just the truth.

It was posted here http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1165221&postcount=3080 by one of the most respectfull and knowlegeable memebr of our community. I doubt that in current speed, BECs will be able to complete their task in 30 months unless they drastically change something.

Stewart__Rogers said:
Hi all,

My lawyer says that he has received and as responded back to the 45-day letter! I think he is lying for some unknown reasons! My case details are as follows and I would appreciate if you could take some time to answer the following questions:

Case Type: RIR
State: VA
Priority Date: 11/03/2003
Case did not make it to regional (unopened case)

(1) Considering my priority date, is it possible that my lawyer has received the 45-day letter?

(2) What does a typical 45-day letter contains? a scanned copy of the 45-day letter would be a great help (ofcourse you can hide your personal information)

CENTER RECEIPT NOTIFICATION LETTER
February 4, 2005

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX INC ETA Case Number: D-04320-0xxxx
C/O. Law Offices of xxxxxxxxxxxx
Xx, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Alien Name : xxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxx, xx, xxxxx Occupation : xxxxxx, xxxxx xxxx
Date of Acceptance
for Processing : xxxxxx, xx, xxxx

The Application for Alien Employment Certification (ETA 750) that you submitted on xxxxxxx, xx, xxxx has been forwarded to this Backlog Processing Center. In order to continue processing you must return the attached Selection of Continuation Option Letter to the address or fax number listed thereon. You must respond to the Center within 45 days from the date of this letter, giving a due date of xxxxx, xx, xxxx.

If the response is UNTIMELY or INCOMPLETE your case will be CLOSED and the application will be returned to you in accordance with Title 20, Code Federal Regulations, Part 656.21(H). If the case is closed, you may at anytime thereafter resubmit the alien labor certification request as a new application with a new filing date.

If you have any questions regarding the issues addressed in this letter, please communicate directly with the Backlog Processing Center, Employment and Training Administration, Division of Foreign Labor Certification at the address in the letter head. Do not contact the State Workforce Agency (SWA) (formerly State Employment Security Agency (SESA)).

Sincerely,

Xxxxx xxxxx
Certifying Officer

CC : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX INC
Enclosure(s) : Selection of Continuation Option Letter

(3) Lets assume that he has received and responded back to the 45-letter. How to track the status of my application? I tried to send an email to Philly email address that is used for tracking and they told me that they don't have information on my case yet and I should contact my employer! should I try again to send an email?

I know none of us is a lawyer but your advice based on your personal experiences would be really helpful and highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stewart Rogers

Thanks!

Thanks for the letter WaitingonLC. Correct me if I am wrong but the 45-day letter does not contain the new case number. right?

Thanks for your help and sharing ur experience.

Stewart

richshi said:
Hello, Gurus,

Any one has experience sending email to Phily BPC to get the 7 year H1B extension needed LC over one year proof-- the so called screen shot? How long does it normally take?

Sent one on June 29, have not got any reply yet.

thanks for sharing the info.

We sent the 45-day letter as proof, to apply for 7th year and our h1 was approved last week. may be you also can try that route.

Garfield said:
are you aware that ppl who applied in 2001 from NJ dont have a clue where their cases are. relax, you have a long wait ahead :(

Same with CA, people who applied in May/June 2001, and employer remanded back to state, kinda cases, no one knows where they are(i mean we know that they are either in Dallas or Phili), but no 45 day letter, nor approvals.

my PD for Dallas DOL is Jan 03,2003.when do u think my case will be approved. which date is Dallas BEC currently processing for RIR?

PBEC vs DBEC

DBEC approved cases with PD of Jan 2003. I feel pretty unlucky that I am stuck with PBEC. I don't know if guys @PBEC has any information for DBEC and taking any action. I am :mad: and depressed same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anand_Mishra said:
DBEC approved cases with PD of Jan 2003. I feel pretty unlucky that I am stuck with PBEC. I don't know if guys @PBEC has any information for DBEC and taking any action. I am :mad: and depressed same time.

Dallas reveiewed only 5000 RIR cases which had gone to Regional offices.
This is very very small amount of total (almost nothing)

Those 5000 could be processed less than for one month.

They have been analysing now 11/02 but RIR Regional only which requires much less efforts than others.

Nobody got 45 days letters whose cases did not go to Regional

Jan 2003 that could be special handled case

sfmars said:

They have been analysing now 11/02 but RIR Regional only which requires much less efforts than others.

Yeah, but it doesn't make Philly guys feel good even if they only analysis 5000 cases in Dalls. I would rather see both BEC process as fast as they can than seeing both of them process slowly. That is not good news.

Take help from Mr Rajiv

All...can we take help from Mr Rajiv ( we should pay him for this) and ask him to raise the issue of discrepency between DBEC and PBEC in next AILA meeting with DOL ???

sfmars said:

You make very good point.

Even though we all know this, but it won't hurt to emphasize that:

Most of the approvals you see from both BEC are for the cases which already were in regional. So it might be possible DBEC adjudicating Kansas labor application with PD 2003 even before 2001 at PBEC.

I think (and hope ) that both BEC will resort to strict FIFO once they start working on RIR cases which never went to regional.

Still waiting for 45 day letter in NJ.

i am wondering why cannot they email or transfer some of our cases to DOL or other SWA office to process since everything is in computer now?

According to Aprlc2002 & Orissa ...

1) All applications pertaining to 2001 have already been cleared..Correct me if I am wrong...

Question for gurus: My application was filed in Apr 2002 in NJ non-RIR. I haven't received the 45-day letter yet...I know a lot of people here are waiting but any guesses as to when I can hear something....

bantoo05 said:
According to Aprlc2002 & Orissa ...

1) All applications pertaining to 2001 have already been cleared..Correct me if I am wrong...

Question for gurus: My application was filed in Apr 2002 in NJ non-RIR. I haven't received the 45-day letter yet...I know a lot of people here are waiting but any guesses as to when I can hear something....

I am 2001 and i havent been cleared. So...

Push is on for faster legal immigration...for illegals!

visit this website..

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.php?page=local&story_id=070405a1_legal_residents[/URL]

juntha said:
Some posts are so confusing...
OK ... When yu said that all TR from 2001 are approved. Yu meant the case that went to regional, am i right ? The SWA non RIR are not approved yet we still need a superviser recruitement process

juntha

I believe the response is affirmative.
Only cases that made it to Regional and were TR from 2001 if my deduction is correct, this is based on my conversation from Friday of last week with the person at the PBEC.

She said, they are working on Apr 2002 TR cases now and 2001 RIR cases. Of course they cannot be working on adjucating TR cases that have NOT completed supervised recruitment. And most cases (not all mind you) that finished supervised recruitment should be in BEC.

Also, I remember one of the very first bits of information we had received from the BEC's was that they would work on their respective REgional case loads before they take up anything else.
While this may be unfair for many, I suspect the rationale was that all Regional cases had to be older than SWA cases; of course when the entire country is taken into account, we know this is not accurate and therefore unfair. But who said life was fair :mad:

So - I believe PBEC is working on cases that made it to regional and the dates they are working on are the PD's mentioned before.

But we'll see how accurate this information is. Information has been wrong and BEC's have changed course many times before.

Thank you very much, aprlc2002.

Do you have any idea about the cases after 2001? Any projections? How long do you think it'll take to reach your case now?

aprlc2002 said:
Hi Guys and gals,

First of all let me congratulate GP111. It is so great news for you after all this painful await. have fun and great time.

Coming to Orissa about the number of people working at BECs, the info that he/she provided was absolutely wrong. PBEC has 138 emps approx. DBEC has 170 Approx.

Yeah I think Spidey got news before I did this time. Thanks Spidey. I was busy with some cust. issue and did not get time to call.

Yes all the TR cases for 2001 are approved also as I said sometime ago they are slow in adjudicating RIR cases for insane reason. They will be done with them by next month or so. So All 2001 folks RIR as well as TR will get done with this agonized wait by next month ....Hopefully :).

As mentioned they have good amount of RIR cases this is because in 2001 when consulting companies are forced and started filing RIR for employees/Future employees who are here and can pay the expenses for their GC...this resulted in a massive RIR application dump into labor in 2001 Apr after 245i came info enforcement.

So thats all folks have pleasant and sage long weekend.

DISCLAIMER: all the info provided above is an assessed opinion and cannot be brought under any jurisdiction of law.

luckylucky said:
i am wondering why cannot they email or transfer some of our cases to DOL or other SWA office to process since everything is in computer now?
No, not everything is in computer, just some. The supporting documents are probably not entered. I guess the freaking cumputer system is for the purpose of queue only.