Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I have a question for ya.

After cleaning up some of my immigration papers, i just realized that my H1b visa started in 15th of october 2000 which mean that i have now almost 1 year and 1/2 before the end of the 6 years limit.
I have a LC PD May 2001. What do you think ? Now that PERM is about to be fixed... Is it worth trying my luck PERM or stay quiet with LC and wait ?

Emailed spidey's letter to the senator from my state

Is there a way to email all the senators at once on the judiciary committee, so they all receive the same letter at the same time?
Will email the senator again if no response within a week or so. I shall also try to get my employer or at least the PM to write to the senator on my behalf.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
-frog

hope all our efforts work

DPEC is already on CA July 2002 cases ...
I cannot believe it !!

eefrog said:
Is there a way to email all the senators at once on the judiciary committee, so they all receive the same letter at the same time?
Will email the senator again if no response within a week or so. I shall also try to get my employer or at least the PM to write to the senator on my behalf.
-frog

I already did that...i have mailed my local senator through my employer and my employer calling them every week to find out status. Last week i got response after 5 months (believe me my Manager (american) called them every week) from senator office stating that they have initiated inquiry...
eefrog said:
-frog

juntha said:
I have a question for ya.

After cleaning up some of my immigration papers, i just realized that my H1b visa started in 15th of october 2000 which mean that i have now almost 1 year and 1/2 before the end of the 6 years limit.
I have a LC PD May 2001. What do you think ? Now that PERM is about to be fixed... Is it worth trying my luck PERM or stay quiet with LC and wait ?
If you file for PERM, it is going to take longer than Pilly. I think your company need to repost ads and wait for another 180 days to file. I think that your case will be done by Sept. if you are in Philly.

luckylucky said:
If you file for PERM, it is going to take longer than Pilly. I think your company need to repost ads and wait for another 180 days to file. I think that your case will be done by Sept. if you are in Philly.

Thanks, I thought that too. I think that at this point even if that mean waiting more we are all better off PERM. I am a non-RIR that never got past SWA, my company never had a chance to advertise yet so i thought PERM would do the trick faster.

I have another question for you. Actually i got the question many times from the BECPHIL yahoo group and i found a lot of contradicting answer on the web and i don t want to answer wrong.
Imagine you have a LC pending at BEC and you convince your company to open a new position with a job slightly different than yours (that they would have offered you anyway). Can you actually start a PERM on this new job and keep the LC pending on the current job within the same company.
Basically, can yu have a PERM and a LC at BEC pending in the same time under a same name if both jobs are for the same company.

I swore i wont answer particular questions but there has been quite a lot of those recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
USCIS Today

Hello friends,

I happened to see the following link.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/USCISToday_July_05.pdf

It seems USCIS has started a newsletter.

Please go through the same. It contains interesting numbers relating to backlogs.

Please see whether it makes sense.

PD:OCT 2003
State:FL
RIR - EB3
RD: FEB 2004
45 day letter: April 2005

PD:OCT 2002
State:NJ
RIR - EB3
RD: Never made it
45 day letter: Waiting

this is the backlog at USCIS. I dont think it has anything to do with the BEC from DOL... unless i am wrong

Cannot see the logic behind it

I saw here several times when people talked to those slow turtles in Philly why DBEC is much faster than PBEC, they got the answer that Philly aims at finishing up data entry first while DBEC is doing both data entry and approval at the same time, although Philly did assign a couple of people examinning the cases.

I just do not see Philly's logic behind this decision --- it has been one year ever since they started data entry and the 45-day letters, and it should have realized how long it could be for them to finish the data entry and letter mailing. If they do not adjust their policy right now, they can start another round of 45-day letter a couple of years after they finish up their sloppy work, because some people will have been laid off or transferred their jobs (if they are lucky) by then. I also heard a couple of lawyers complaining about this Mr. Stephenko (the director at PBEC) of his anti-alien worker position.

What I guess is, these slow turtles probably is also worrying about the job security, so the slower they work the longer they can getting their paystubs.

:mad:

jiangnan said:
............. I also heard a couple of lawyers complaining about this Mr. Stephenko (the director at PBEC) of his anti-alien worker position.

I have suspected this for sometime now. This makes more sense than any other theory out there about how and why PBEC is slower. We should all lobby to have Stephenko fired.

jiangnan said:
I saw here several times when people talked to those slow turtles in Philly why DBEC is much faster than PBEC, they got the answer that Philly aims at finishing up data entry first while DBEC is doing both data entry and approval at the same time, although Philly did assign a couple of people examinning the cases.

I just do not see Philly's logic behind this decision --- it has been one year ever since they started data entry and the 45-day letters, and it should have realized how long it could be for them to finish the data entry and letter mailing. If they do not adjust their policy right now, they can start another round of 45-day letter a couple of years after they finish up their sloppy work, because some people will have been laid off or transferred their jobs (if they are lucky) by then. I also heard a couple of lawyers complaining about this Mr. Stephenko (the director at PBEC) of his anti-alien worker position.

What I guess is, these slow turtles probably is also worrying about the job security, so the slower they work the longer they can getting their paystubs.

If the director of Philly is a anti-alien bastard, he must put discrimination to his work and we all have unfair treatment by them then. Please don't forget to input this new rumor into your message to CNN, CBS, and your senator.
We are the victim of discrimination!!! Well that will well lead to a class action lawsuit if we have enough evidence from his words.

juntha said:
Thanks, I thought that too. I think that at this point even if that mean waiting more we are all better off PERM. I am a non-RIR that never got past SWA, my company never had a chance to advertise yet so i thought PERM would do the trick faster.

I have another question for you. Actually i got the question many times from the BECPHIL yahoo group and i found a lot of contradicting answer on the web and i don t want to answer wrong.
Imagine you have a LC pending at BEC and you convince your company to open a new position with a job slightly different than yours (that they would have offered you anyway). Can you actually start a PERM on this new job and keep the LC pending on the current job within the same company.
Basically, can yu have a PERM and a LC at BEC pending in the same time under a same name if both jobs are for the same company.

I swore i wont answer particular questions but there has been quite a lot of those recently.
I am no expert on this problem, maybe somebody here can answer it for you.
BUt they said all cases of 01, no matter state or regional, to be done by sept.
So, even if you are SWA, still should be done soon.

juntha said:

I must disagree -
If you are a non-RIR who never made it to the Regional and who never completed the supervised recruitement effort, chances are you will be faster with PERM (assuming you dont run into PD issues with I-140 OR PD issues dont matter to you, I seem to remember you are French and therefore should not have any PD issues... especially if you are Eb2) --

Answer to your 2nd q is YES and NO.
YES because technically there is no law to prevent you from doing this.
NO because DOL doesnt like 2 petitions for same employee PLUS if from same company for 2 different jobs, they will come back and say "what the hell this employee is obviously going to accept the position with better title and pay, dont try to pull a fast one" -- maybe not in so many words.

Just my opinions..

spidey said:
I must disagree -
If you are a non-RIR who never made it to the Regional and who never completed the supervised recruitement effort, chances are you will be faster with PERM (assuming you dont run into PD issues with I-140 OR PD issues dont matter to you, I seem to remember you are French and therefore should not have any PD issues... especially if you are Eb2) --

NO because DOL doesnt like 2 petitions for same employee PLUS if from same company for 2 different jobs, they will come back and say "what the hell this employee is obviously going to accept the position with better title and pay, dont try to pull a fast one" -- maybe not in so many words.

Just my opinions..
But he is a May, 01 case.

spidey said:

Just my opinions..
Consideing all the "computer problems" at BECs and in PERM, my bet is DOL does not have the mean to check if two cases have been filed for the same employee. Or do they have the will? If they can do this, all of us would not have been in such a miserable situation. You probably have overestimated their capability. But you never know how things will turn out no matter how stupid they seems. It probably takes only about 10 minutes to adjust a case but it takes multiple times and probably 10 minuted each time to enter the case into the system and send out the letter. At the end of the day, it is a government contract, a US government one. You can have the wildest guess how it works and still reasonable.

7th year(and beyond) extension

Is it a must to get verification letter from BPC's for the 7th year extention?
I asked the same question to my HR,
Reply: No. In my case (8th year extension), my lawyer just attached the
copy of the receipt from State labor department showing the Priority date and my name and company name. Thats all you need to get the extensions for 7th year extension or beyond.

Please let me know, my 6th year completion is Dec 2005.

Reply: if your question is for Stamping at consulate, then also the
the same document I mentioned above holds good. But to be on the
safe side, get a copy of 45 day letter ready from your lawyer. I was
asked to show proof of pending by the Visa officer, but she just
glanced at it, thats all.

pennwaiting said:
Consideing all the "computer problems" at BECs and in PERM, my bet is DOL does not have the mean to check if two cases have been filed for the same employee. Or do they have the will? If they can do this, all of us would not have been in such a miserable situation. You probably have overestimated their capability. But you never know how things will turn out no matter how stupid they seems. It probably takes only about 10 minutes to adjust a case but it takes multiple times and probably 10 minuted each time to enter the case into the system and send out the letter. At the end of the day, it is a government contract, a US government one. You can have the wildest guess how it works and still reasonable.

Absolutely agree with you, never overestimate them, but always expect something wildly weird.

mich2003 said:
Is it a must to get verification letter from BPC's for the 7th year extention?
I asked the same question to my HR,
Reply: No. In my case (8th year extension), my lawyer just attached the
copy of the receipt from State labor department showing the Priority date and my name and company name. Thats all you need to get the extensions for 7th year extension or beyond.

Please let me know, my 6th year completion is Dec 2005.

Reply: if your question is for Stamping at consulate, then also the
the same document I mentioned above holds good. But to be on the
safe side, get a copy of 45 day letter ready from your lawyer. I was
asked to show proof of pending by the Visa officer, but she just
glanced at it, thats all.
Hi Mich2003,
Have you got your 7th year visa stamped on your passport? If so, in which country did you do it? Do you think it is safe or any idea what are the chances of rejection beyond 6th year?
Thanks
ybnyk

eefrog said:
-frog

http://capwiz.com/aila2/dbq/media/

Go to "elected officials", select officials you want to send message, hit "compose message"
you can also click on "agencies" and select "department of labor"

I encourage everybody to use this tool. It is from reliable source: AILA.

Last edited by a moderator: