Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

as once being afriad of, 2001-2002 case became the hostage of later cases because stupid FIFO execution in Philly. You can image that

Data-entry FIFO... done. Adjudication FIFO... done. Sending out approval FIFO... done.

Also it's contradictory "working on 2001" and most people is data entry. Does it mean most people are still data entry 2001 case? What a nightmare!

Philly sucks!!!

vc594088 said:
Thank you for the info! I can't believe it takes 1 year to move onto 2003 cases. they only have 2 years funding, what happened to those cases after 2003? Philly has approx 13,000+ case in 2001 and 2002, which means the rest of the 157,000 in 2003~2005. I really think it is unbelievable how Philly BEC does things.

Raj,
was wondering what you mean by 2001 cases.. do you include SWAs cases or are you just talking about Regional cases ? thx

Rajel said:
Raj,
was wondering what you mean by 2001 cases.. do you include SWAs cases or are you just talking about Regional cases ? thx

2001 cases means all cases filed during 2001, which include Reginal and SWAs.

This is an estimate...Donot shoot me please...

Guys I believe that there is a very heavy load from NY,NJ,CT 2001 cases. Many of those are 245(i) cases.. That might explain so much time in 2001 cases....After they get over that hump it should move faster....

MDwatch said:
Why in the hell can't the two BEC have the same f***g procedures ???? They are both operated by the same contractor and both are reporting to DOL ... I really don't understand how there can be such a difference in the way they operate ....

This poses unfairness to the process. Those cases approved from Dallas (2001 and 2002, maybe even 2003) will be able to file 140, 485 right away. But older cases in Philly are still waiting. By the time the cases got out of Philly, the queue at the next steps may be so jammed that the visa PD date will have retrogressed a lot, causing many cases not being able to file. e.g, if you have a case with PD sep. 2002, EB2 RIR, X has a case with the exact same dates and category. Only that your case is with Philly and X's case is in Dallas. While your case is still in the big blakc box of philly, X's case has been approved. And X can file 140 and 485 right now. A year later (say Jun 2006), finally your case has been approved by philly. by then the visa number retrogressed for EB2 to Jan.1 2002, you cannot file 485. Since X has been in 485 for a year by then, he may very like already get the green card, while you are still in the waiting game.

How is this fair, and how is this true FIFO?

msp1976 said:
Guys I believe that there is a very heavy load from NY,NJ,CT 2001 cases. Many of those are 245(i) cases.. That might explain so much time in 2001 cases....After they get over that hump it should move faster....
you may be right...I think they will be done with data entry for 2001 cases in another 5 years.

Anybody thinks we could get the procedures used by both BECs through a Freedom Of Information Act request to the DOL ? Even if it does not change the way they operate, at least it will give us some kind idea on what they do on a daily basis ....

Freedom of information is a joke, especially under Bush Admin.

It may be time to resume the lawsuit campaign. Several months passed, seems they don't get, at least Philly doesn't get it.

Any thoughts?

MDwatch said:
Anybody thinks we could get the procedures used by both BECs through a Freedom Of Information Act request to the DOL ? Even if it does not change the way they operate, at least it will give us some kind idea on what they do on a daily basis ....

fogman1 said:
Freedom of information is a joke, especially under Bush Admin.

It may be time to resume the lawsuit campaign. Several months passed, seems they don't get, at least Philly doesn't get it.

Any thoughts?

Why do you all get upset ? Is there anything we didn t know before ? They are working on 2001 cases. We knew that... So what ? Must be friday...

YES it's friday and we have a nice week-end coming up .... Enjoy the weather and time with your friends ... don't think about this GC stuff :)

somethings' changed

1. Dallas is moving pretty fast, which means the task itself could be done in a more effective way.
2. Visa retrogression put more pressure on LC. Folks need to pass this stage asap more than ever, and we're competing against PERM, Dallas...
3. It's more and more and more clear Philly will adopt the MOST counterproductive way to implemement FIFO.

juntha said:
Why do you all get upset ? Is there anything we didn t know before ? They are working on 2001 cases. We knew that... So what ? Must be friday...

maybe PBEC will shift some cases to DBEC

Who know what their plan is ....

just need to wait ... :confused:

VAhoper said:
This poses unfairness to the process. Those cases approved from Dallas (2001 and 2002, maybe even 2003) will be able to file 140, 485 right away. But older cases in Philly are still waiting. By the time the cases got out of Philly, the queue at the next steps may be so jammed that the visa PD date will have retrogressed a lot, causing many cases not being able to file. e.g, if you have a case with PD sep. 2002, EB2 RIR, X has a case with the exact same dates and category. Only that your case is with Philly and X's case is in Dallas. While your case is still in the big blakc box of philly, X's case has been approved. And X can file 140 and 485 right now. A year later (say Jun 2006), finally your case has been approved by philly. by then the visa number retrogressed for EB2 to Jan.1 2002, you cannot file 485. Since X has been in 485 for a year by then, he may very like already get the green card, while you are still in the waiting game.

How is this fair, and how is this true FIFO?

msp1976 said:

You are asking for it.

Don't you get it, there is hump and there is another hump. So don't spread your analysis based on naive prediction . DOL had proved even the most eductated guess wrong.

NJ, NY SWA had passed so many such hump and there is never smooth road. Infact there might be road closure ahead, and its possible that you even won't move.

So always, IMHO, its better to prepare for the worst (start taking action right now) rather than sit idly hope for the best.

I think, Juntha was right about yahoo message board. There are just too many optimistic souls here.

Its time to split this thread into 2:
- who believes DOL is honest and its doing whatever it takes to eliminate backlog by next year.
- others who believe DOL (or higher authority) is not interested in eleimiating it by next year and DFLC doesn't give shit about our pains.

When will my H1 clock stop?

dru said:
So bottom line is: Assume a person is married, person A is on H1, spouse B is on H4 (dependant):

a) living outside the country for 1 yr "resets" the 6 year clock giving you another 6 years; or
b) Showing extended vacations etc to "recapture" the time e.g. prove that you were out of the country for 6 months total in the 6 years, and ask to "recapture" that time i.e. deduct it from your 6 yrs, giving you another 6 months. From what I understand "recapturing" is not trivial, and usually needs a good attorney with good valid proof of travel dates etc.

Hope this helps.
- Dru

My 6 year stay on H1 ends on Sept 25, 06. My H1 has been approved until Feb 07 and Visa also stamped until Feb 07. I have no LC pending. When will my H1 clock stop clicking? Pl clarify.

Pam11

Pam11 said:
My 6 year stay on H1 ends on Sept 25, 06. My H1 has been approved until Feb 07 and Visa also stamped until Feb 07. I have no LC pending. When will my H1 clock stop clicking? Pl clarify.

Pam11

Its 6 years after you started working on H1 (Entered in the country / Or got Change of Status).. Approval/Visa might have more time but still it becomes your responsibility ( Stupid USCIS !!) to apply extension / Recapture Time /Change Of Status / Get Out of the Country at the end of 6 years.

One Database???

Don't remember where I got the info from, but it must be at least 6 months ago, because somehow I got the impression that Philli and Dallas share the same backlog database. Cases may be split between the two centers for shipping and data entry, but for analysis they pull cases from the same pool. That means a case number starts with a "P" may be processed by Dallas, and vice versa. Now it seems completely wrong; was the policy changed (it almost never happened before with DOL :) or I got the wrong impression from day one?

Enjoy the weekend guys. Take care of the family. Better times will come, with or without the GC.

I have consolidated here but seen in "Philidelphia backlog elimination centre", "Dallas backlog elimination cenre" and also thread run by ZB threads long back. Still I have got doubt regarding the 1st one that I have mentioned. I have done cut and paste from those threads. The first one should be 2001 instead of 2002, that is the way one of the user posted.

MDwatch said:
Sacbee do you remember in which thread you saw these ?

Yes you right, same happened to me. I'm supposed to complete my six years by may2005 but some how the uscis had given me visa till Nov 2005 and based on this i got my passport also stamped. But my company called me some time feb 05 and said they are filing my 7th yr extension. when i told that i have time till Nov 05.. they said it our responsibility to file 7th year extension based on 6years tenure.. also it might be a USCIS mistake. So i would suggest to apply ur 7th yr extension before your actual 6 yrs quota.

gp111 said:
Its 6 years after you started working on H1 (Entered in the country / Or got Change of Status).. Approval/Visa might have more time but still it becomes your responsibility ( Stupid USCIS !!) to apply extension / Recapture Time /Change Of Status / Get Out of the Country at the end of 6 years.

USCISisMockery said:
You are asking for it.

Don't you get it, there is hump and there is another hump. So don't spread your analysis based on naive prediction . DOL had proved even the most eductated guess wrong.

NJ, NY SWA had passed so many such hump and there is never smooth road. Infact there might be road closure ahead, and its possible that you even won't move.

So always, IMHO, its better to prepare for the worst (start taking action right now) rather than sit idly hope for the best.

I think, Juntha was right about yahoo message board. There are just too many optimistic souls here.

Its time to split this thread into 2:
- who believes DOL is honest and its doing whatever it takes to eliminate backlog by next year.
- others who believe DOL (or higher authority) is not interested in eleimiating it by next year and DFLC doesn't give shit about our pains.
I always strongly support you and I am wondering if anybody in this forum with good English can compose a new letter to politicians complaining about Philly BEC's situation. I am a Chinese and my English is not so good. Will there be any good Indians here can help with the letter? They have seen the old letter and resend it will not be very useful now, I am afraid. Then I will print it, sign it and mail it.