Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Lets try this...

I had noted at the time of 45 letter generation, Dallas BPC was working faster than Philly in that most people on the Dallas thread were already reporting receipt of 45 day letters approximately 1 month ahead of Philly BPC.

Now Dallas thread has been reporting Labor approvals for almost 3 weeks (ok so I maybe off by a some...) -- now they are reporting approvals quite consistently for PD's of June 2002.

Philly on the other hand is trickling down a few approvals from 2001. We have been hearing reports from some of our members that Philly will continue to suck for next few months.

I believe it is safe to assume that the truth lies somewhere in between. It's probably safe to assume that come July, we'll start seeing approvals from Philly BPC for those of us from VA, MD, PA in that order who received and responded to 45 day letters in Jan 05 with the rest to follow in the order of the 45 day letter response.

Having hypothesized I have made one thing clear, I have nothing better to do :D

But hopefully this is a cheerful note, in the event it is not - there's always more darkness to read on this thread :rolleyes:

Have some fun guys.... and gals.

NJ May-2002 -45 day letter not received

My case was filed under RIR in Mar-02 from NJ.
My lawyer never received 45 day letter.
My company wrote letter 2 times to BEC ,PA for inquiry.
Has anybody the same situation?
Any suggestion?

Thanks.

laborpain01 said:
Could you please break this numbers for Philly and Dallas Separately..Thanks for your efforts

For RIR Cases (Regional Case database from Flcdatacenter.com) Not Including cases approved / getting processed in Boston, SF/Seattle & New York DOL...

BEC :::::: TOTAL :::::: 2000 :::::: 2001 :::::: 2002 :::::: 2003 :::::: 2004
Philly :::::: 25523 :::::: 123 :::::: 4871 :::::: 8528 :::::: 11025 :::::: 976
Dallas :::::: 21449 :::::: 42 :::::: 2709 :::::: 5882 :::::: 10984 :::::: 1832

Data file for all the cases is available at

alldata.zip
at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DallasBEC/files/

-- Removed Certified, Withdrown & Denied Cases
-- Removed Cases getting processed at SF DOL (RD before May-03) & All Seattle Cases
-- California Cases split half & half between both BECs..
-- All RIR Cases with remark of "Remand Issued to State" , "Returned By Emp after Remand" and "Returned By State after Remand" moved to NON RIR data

I am not claiming this is 100% accurate data.. just to give an idea

from www.immigration-law.com/canada

We Commend DFLC for Ongoing Adjudication of Backlog Cases Pending Opening of Unopened Boxes

The immigrant community sees increasing reports by the applicants and their legal counsels on ongoing approvals of the backlog cases, particularly by the Dallas Backlog Processing Center. We do not have any information about the actual number of approvals but it appears to be a positive sign that the Backlog Processing Centers started adjudicating the cases which were filed during the period of 2002 or earlier. Report also indicates that there may still be a large number of boxes of files which have yet to be opened and clerically processed. Obviously the files in these unopened boxes are mostly those which were filed in the later part of the old labor certification system, and as we urged earlier, there is absolutely no reason why the older cases should remain hostage to the opening of later cases in the FIFO principles of processing on a national queue system.

Assuming that the DFLC started acting in a right direction, we urge the DFLC to accelerate the adjudication process to catch up the lost time. This action appears to be particularly important for the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center as most of the approval news have been related to the Dallas Processing Center cases. Let's send our encouragement, support, and commend to the leaders of these Processing Centers

gp111 said:
For RIR Cases (Regional Case database from Flcdatacenter.com) Not Including cases approved / getting processed in Boston, SF/Seattle & New York DOL...

BEC :::::: TOTAL :::::: 2000 :::::: 2001 :::::: 2002 :::::: 2003 :::::: 2004
Philly :::::: 25523 :::::: 123 :::::: 4871 :::::: 8528 :::::: 11025 :::::: 976
Dallas :::::: 21449 :::::: 42 :::::: 2709 :::::: 5882 :::::: 10984 :::::: 1832

Phily has 13k against 7 k of Dallas for year 2001-2002 (RIR)

This should give an idea why philly is still processing 2001 against Dallas at 2002.

Probably Philly has more 2001-2002 SWA case than Dallas as well. NY SWA cases backlog to 2001, big state and huge backlog !!!

DOL is such a mess. Any one with basic excel skills should be able to figure out a more balanced distribution between 2 BECs.

mnhrdc said:
Phily has 13k against 7 k of Dallas for year 2001-2002 (RIR)

This should give an idea why philly is still processing 2001 against Dallas at 2002.

fogman1 said:
Probably Philly has more 2001-2002 SWA case than Dallas as well. NY SWA cases backlog to 2001, big state and huge backlog !!!

NO, DALLAS BEC has more SWA cases then Philly as Most backlogged SWA cases are in DALLAS ( CA, TX, IN etc).. California alone had 75K SWA cases moved to Dallas.
DOL is such a mess. Any one with basic excel skills should be able to figure out a more balanced distribution between 2 BECs.

spidey said:
I had noted at the time of 45 letter generation, Dallas BPC was working faster than Philly in that most people on the Dallas thread were already reporting receipt of 45 day letters approximately 1 month ahead of Philly BPC.

Now Dallas thread has been reporting Labor approvals for almost 3 weeks (ok so I maybe off by a some...) -- now they are reporting approvals quite consistently for PD's of June 2002.

Philly on the other hand is trickling down a few approvals from 2001. We have been hearing reports from some of our members that Philly will continue to suck for next few months.

I believe it is safe to assume that the truth lies somewhere in between. It's probably safe to assume that come July, we'll start seeing approvals from Philly BPC for those of us from VA, MD, PA in that order who received and responded to 45 day letters in Jan 05 with the rest to follow in the order of the 45 day letter response.

Having hypothesized I have made one thing clear, I have nothing better to do :D

But hopefully this is a cheerful note, in the event it is not - there's always more darkness to read on this thread :rolleyes:

Have some fun guys.... and gals.

No, that won't happen, DOL will never follow 45 day letter FIFO. There are tons of cases from NJ and NY who haven't received 45 day letters.
People have been waiting patiently tolerating DOL blunders, now if they pull this kind of stupidity (not following FIFO) then sure they are asking for trouble.

God only knows !

gp111 said:
Data file for all the cases is available at

alldata.zip
at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DallasBEC/files/

-- Removed Certified, Withdrown & Denied Cases
-- Removed Cases getting processed at SF DOL (RD before May-03) & All Seattle Cases
-- California Cases split half & half between both BECs..
-- All RIR Cases with remark of "Remand Issued to State" , "Returned By Emp after Remand" and "Returned By State after Remand" moved to NON RIR data

I am not claiming this is 100% accurate data.. just to give an idea

GP111,

I found my case number in this spreadsheet (Downloaded from Yahoo Groups). It says, my case is BEC1 -- PHILLY. But, on March 3, 2005, attorney got 45 day letter for my case from Dallas BEC.

Also, in FLCDataCenter.com, there are data files categorized by year (RDs, not by PDs), available for download. Where my case is listed under 2003 and says Received Regional Office.

Now, I've to trust my attorney. So, I hope my case is still sitting in Dallas BEC.

God only knows, what's going on with these LCs !

Regards,
dkgdkg.

I have no idea about non-RIR case. But for RIR, CA SWA process had already entered 2003 before the BEC. And from the tracker, I see few SWA case with 2001-2002 in Dallas while there're a lot in Philly.

So I guess it's true that Philly is loaded with more SWA cases with PD 2001-2002 than Dallas. No idea about 2003 and later.

dkgdkg said:
GP111,

I found my case number in this spreadsheet (Downloaded from Yahoo Groups). It says, my case is BEC1 -- PHILLY. But, on March 3, 2005, attorney got 45 day letter for my case from Dallas BEC.

Now, I've to trust my attorney. So, I hope my case is still sitting in Dallas BEC.

God only knows, what's going on with these LCs !

Regards,
dkgdkg.

if your 45 day letter says DALLAS.. then its Dallas BEC.. As I said earlier, the spread sheet just assumes half of CA cases in Philly & rest in Dallas.. Case to Case info for CA cases is not available anywhere

fogman1 said:
I have no idea about non-RIR case. But for RIR, CA SWA process had already entered 2003 before the BEC. And from the tracker, I see few SWA case with 2001-2002 in Dallas while there're a lot in Philly.

So I guess it's true that Philly is loaded with more SWA cases with PD 2001-2002 than Dallas. No idea about 2003 and later.

Ok.. Here is backlog info for NON RIR cases.. BEfore moving to BPC the following SWAs ware processing

WENT TO PHILLY BEC
CT 11/00
RI 04/01
NJ 04/01
NY 04/01
DC 11/01
MD 04/01
GA 04/01
SC 04/01
AL 04/01

WENT TO DALLAS BEC
IL 04/01
KS 04/01
MS 04/01
WI 04/01
AK 04/01
LA 12/01
OK 04/01
TX 04/01
CO 04/01
UT 09/01
CA 04/01
HI 04/01
ID 04/01
OR 03/02
WA 04/01

& as I posted earlier, CA SWA only moved about 75K cases to Dallas.. So take your pick

reference :
http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/swanov04.html

well, you may be right, but it's really hard to tell the time distribution of SWA cases.

However, considering that seperate queues for RIR and non-RIR according to FAQ by DOL, isn't fair to say Philly have more 2001-2002 RIR backlogs coming from SWA (in addition to the regional data compiled by some folks), since among big states, only NY's RIR backlog to 2001, while CA and TX already moved to 2003 and 2004.

There may be little difference to people with PD 2004 and later. But it's a big difference for CA RIR folks with PD 2002. if you are in Dallas, you are already in the head of RIR Q, and approval can be expected this summer. Otherwise you have to be patient.

gp111 said:
Ok.. Here is backlog info for NON RIR cases.. BEfore moving to BPC the following SWAs ware processing

WENT TO PHILLY BEC
CT 11/00
RI 04/01
NJ 04/01
NY 04/01
DC 11/01
MD 04/01
GA 04/01
SC 04/01
AL 04/01

WENT TO DALLAS BEC
IL 04/01
KS 04/01
MS 04/01
WI 04/01
AK 04/01
LA 12/01
OK 04/01
TX 04/01
CO 04/01
UT 09/01
CA 04/01
HI 04/01
ID 04/01
OR 03/02
WA 04/01

& as I posted earlier, CA SWA only moved about 75K cases to Dallas.. So take your pick

reference :
http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/swanov04.html

I wish my app ( PD Nov.2002 , CA RIR ) had gone to Dallas from CA DOL.
Instead it went to Phily BEC ;-) , which i see ( from the threads in this forum ) is slower . Best luck for those apps pending at Phily.

Need some suggestions.

Guys/Gals,
I was working in CA in 2001 and had applied for my GC from my previous employer. Due to reasons you all know, the labor approval got delayed and had to leave the company and join some other in GA.

Applied for my GC from GA last year and my case is now in the BEC, 45 lettere recived way back in Feb abd have already replied to it to continue the processing of labor.

Casually enquired about my application from CA with my old employer and he said, it got approved last year.

He wants me to work for him if I want to make use of the labor.
I have less than 8 months before my H1-B six year period expires.

What do you all think?

Please provide me with some of your best suggestions.

thanks

Hans

Last edited by a moderator:
Hans said:
Guys/Gals,
I was working in CA in 2001 and had applied for my GC from my previous employer. Due to reasons you all know, the labor approval got delayed and had to leave the company and join some other in GA.

Applied for my GC from GA last year and my case is now in the BEC, 45 lettere recived way back in Feb abd have already replied to it to continue the processing of labor.

Casually enquired about my application from CA with my old employer and he said, it got approved last year.

He wants me to work for him if I want to make use of the labor.
I have less than 8 months before my H1-B six year period expires.

What do you all think?

Please provide me with some of your best suggestions.

thanks

Hans

If I were you, I would first ask an attorney to transfer my H-1B back to the previous employer; in the mean time, I will start I-140 application based on the approved LC. Hopefully, the I-140 will be approved in half year though...just my personal opinion

... Hint, Hint...

Backlog Reduction Centers

As there are tens of thousands of cases that need to be added into the system, DOL advises not to submit inquiries on these cases as they do not have the capacity to check all of them. Email inquiries regarding status will receive automated responses.