Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

8th year extension certificate

Hi Gurus,

My labor filed on May 20, 2002 under NON RIR and without getting my case opened, it is now with Philly BRC. I have not yet received 45 day letter and my 7th year extension is going to be over in 3 months time.

While getting 7th year, we have got a certificate from DOL and now I am not sure we need to get again this certificate for 8th year extension?

And more so, BRC is not responding at all! Is any one has similar experience?

Appreciate some advise!

Thanks

Hmmm

What the F**k they think of themselves. Big fat assess fit for nothing... bunch of shamless assH***s.

When i talked to one of the lady she said each person can enter 30 to 40 applications/day (if i remeber correctly ... it should be in my previous posts) and she also said majority of the contractors are doing dataentry. Let's say out of 100 contractors 40 are doing dataentry @ 25 applications/day which means 1000 applications/day. So 170,000/BEC applications they require 170days which is 170/22working days per month which is 7 1/2 months (Say 8 months). We all knew they actively started dataentry from Nov 2004 which means they should have done by now. I dont really understand what these bastards are doing....on top of that shamelees creatures are asking not to submit enquires. GOD ...these are chunk of useless people...

If you are working for any company and your boss gives you some work the first question he asks you is what is the deadline? These BEC dont have any fixed deadlines so do you think things work out well if there are no deadlines?

So next time when attorneys (AILA) meet DOL they should ask for the deadlines and these details like how they distributed thier resources, how many apps are been entered per day per person etc.. this is surely put DOL in the tight spot.

juntha said:
Backlog Reduction Centers

As there are tens of thousands of cases that need to be added into the system, DOL advises not to submit inquiries on these cases as they do not have the capacity to check all of them. Email inquiries regarding status will receive automated responses.

Transference of anger :)

raj_vagc_2002.

Dude I am so with you on that anger bit :mad:
But somehow reading your post, a tad too explicit though for a public forum, was extremely refreshing. I believe in psychology it's called transference of emotion... seeing you are so angry (and rightly so, I might add) -- makes me feel less angry ;)

This is a most unfortunate position we find ourselves in. Makes for a lot of unhappy people..... times are rough to say the least :rolleyes:

I couldn't find my info. in the database.

Should I be worried? Where else can I get info.?

SWA: 4/22/02
Regional:9/14/04
BEC letter responded in Feb.05

gp111 said:
Data file for all the cases is available at

alldata.zip
at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DallasBEC/files/

-- Removed Certified, Withdrown & Denied Cases
-- Removed Cases getting processed at SF DOL (RD before May-03) & All Seattle Cases
-- California Cases split half & half between both BECs..
-- All RIR Cases with remark of "Remand Issued to State" , "Returned By Emp after Remand" and "Returned By State after Remand" moved to NON RIR data

I am not claiming this is 100% accurate data.. just to give an idea

4842701500.. best of luck

F_Gandhi said:
Hi
I would like to contact PA-BEC to know the status of my Labor. How can I reach them? What is the Phone number or email id?

RIR-EB2
PD: CA-May 1st, 2002.
RD: CA-May 10th, 2003.
Recd 45 Days letter and Replied on Dec 27th, 04.

Any help would be highely appreciated.

Thanks

Hans said:
Guys/Gals,
I was working in CA in 2001 and had applied for my GC from my previous employer. Due to reasons you all know, the labor approval got delayed and had to leave the company and join some other in GA.

Applied for my GC from GA last year and my case is now in the BEC, 45 lettere recived way back in Feb abd have already replied to it to continue the processing of labor.

Casually enquired about my application from CA with my old employer and he said, it got approved last year.

He wants me to work for him if I want to make use of the labor.
I have less than 8 months before my H1-B six year period expires.

Hans

If Job is good or equal, I would go back to CA employer & apply I-140/485 concurrently.. It takes 5 months in CA to process Concurrent Filings & get GC

I am on 7th yr H-1B too

librau said:
Hi Gurus,

My labor filed on May 20, 2002 under NON RIR and without getting my case opened, it is now with Philly BRC. I have not yet received 45 day letter and my 7th year extension is going to be over in 3 months time.

While getting 7th year, we have got a certificate from DOL and now I am not sure we need to get again this certificate for 8th year extension?

And more so, BRC is not responding at all! Is any one has similar experience?

Appreciate some advise!

Thanks

Hi there, I am in similar situation as you are now. My 7th yr H-1B will expire in 9 months. Even though it's still not the time for me to extend it to 8th yr, I would like to make sure if I will need the letter from Backlog Center as well. I called my attorney and she said that it's not necessary to get another letter. She will use the same letter that they used (from NJ DOL) last year to apply for the 8th yr extention. Somehow as you know, there is an e-mail address published by the Backlog Center saying that you may request the verification to prove your case is still pending via e-mail (h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us) I guess you have done so but have not got anything back. Just look at this e-mail address, it seems that this is an e-mail to be used for those applicants whose cases got transferred to Backlog Center and then need to extend their 7th yr.

My suggestion is: Go ask your attorney to apply for the 8th yr extention by using the letter you had last time and try to get the letter from Backlog Center in the meantime. ( I would appreciate if you will let me know what you are going to get so I can do the same thing later)

I am from New Jersey and my PD was Oct, 2002 EB2-RIR. I just got my 45 days letter a week ago. Who knows how long it's going to take toward next step? Funny thing is that I just got my Canada green card (Maple Card) granted ---- that I filed from start around 10 months ago.

Beam said:

Hi, I tried to access the file you reference, but Yahoo stated I wasn't a member of the group. :eek: No kidding!!!

Could you please provide advice regarding accessing the data you posted in the yahoo group.

Thank you.

Beam said:

No, No One should be worried if their case is not there in the file.. First thing the data is only complete for cases received in Regional offices by early Sept-2004.. Second thing, this file is just for statastical analysis / Indication.. It is nither 100% accurate/complete Nor has exact Case Vs. BEC data for CA cases.

Spouse H4 to H1 when my H1 is in 7th year ext. ?

I am in 7th year extension as my labor is pending for the last 4 years. My wife has been on H4 with me for 6+ years. Can any company apply for a new H1B petition for her? I will greatly appreciate, if somebody can share their personal experience/guidance on this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

Hans said:
Guys/Gals,
I was working in CA in 2001 and had applied for my GC from my previous employer. Due to reasons you all know, the labor approval got delayed and had to leave the company and join some other in GA.

Applied for my GC from GA last year and my case is now in the BEC, 45 lettere recived way back in Feb abd have already replied to it to continue the processing of labor.

Casually enquired about my application from CA with my old employer and he said, it got approved last year.

He wants me to work for him if I want to make use of the labor.
I have less than 8 months before my H1-B six year period expires.

What do you all think?

Please provide me with some of your best suggestions.

thanks

Hans

Make a move with caution and with current speed of approvals the approved LC is better than a future one.

1,Obtain a copy of your approval or an email or verify that belongs to you only.
2.Apply for transfer of H1 in premium process (because you have to work for him) and dont start working based on Reciept date untill approval is obtained.
3.Check whether you are eligible for EB2
4.Negotiate him to apply for I-140
5.After approval of I-140 or 180 dasy of filing Employer cannot withdraw teh application.
6.However consult a attorney before you make further steps- a few dollors should not cost .

Last edited by a moderator:
sanbaj said:
I am in 7th year extension as my labor is pending for the last 4 years. My wife has been on H4 with me for 6+ years. Can any company apply for a new H1B petition for her? I will greatly appreciate, if somebody can share their personal experience/guidance on this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

Yes any company can petition for your wife to get an H1B.

If she's been in H4 for the last 6 years, I am afraid she cannot apply for H1. My understanding is the duration of H4 is counted against 6 year of H1. For example, if H4 holder stays in the U.S for 2 years, only 4 year of H1b will be granted if she/he change from H4 to H1.

go to FAQ on subject of H visa.

Anyway, it's worthwhile to consult a lawyer if there is any employment possibility.

sanbaj said:

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

MDwatch said:
Yes any company can petition for your wife to get an H1B.

However as I understand the rules if she has already been on H4 for more than 6 years her "H" clock has already been running for beyond the 6 year total so she would not be approved for an H1B without the 1 year out of the country. Her continued H4 status is directly linked to your extensions of H1B associated with your outstanding LC application hence why she can stay in H4 status but a switch to H1B would not be allowed as I understand it.

Guru/Attorney please confirm for this situation?

mnhrdc said:
Make a move with caution and with current speed of approvals the approved LC is better than a future one.

1,Obtain a copy of your approval or an email or verify that belongs to you only.
2.Apply for transfer of H1 in premium process (because you have to work for him) and dont start working based on Reciept date untill approval is obtained.
3.Check whether you are eligible for EB2
4.Negotiate him to apply for I-140
5.After approval of I-140 or 180 dasy of filing Employer cannot withdraw teh application.
6.However consult a attorney before you make further steps- a few dollors should not cost .

As of today CSC is processing Concurrent Filing cases (I-140 & I-485) filed around April 01, 2005 ( Just 3 months !!!).. so it does make sense to go back to CA employer.. AC-21 will be of no use if you are EB-2 as you will get the Green Card before 180 days of filing I-485...

stueym said:
However as I understand the rules if she has already been on H4 for more than 6 years her "H" clock has already been running for beyond the 6 year total so she would not be approved for an H1B without the 1 year out of the country. Her continued H4 status is directly linked to your extensions of H1B associated with your outstanding LC application hence why she can stay in H4 status but a switch to H1B would not be allowed as I understand it.

I have done more research and I believe you are right. The clock start ticking once you are in H status ... wether it be H4 or H1B. So let me retract my previous comment ... your wife can't get sponsorship until she goes out of the country for one year ....

stueym said:

You are right, though i am neither a guru nor an attorney...:D

8th Year Extension

Do I need new proof of pending LC from Philly BEC for my 8th year extension? I have proof of filing from NYS for my 7th year extension which I got last year. Can I use the same one when I file the 8th year extension. Thank you.

Omarx said:
Do I need new proof of pending LC from Philly BEC for my 8th year extension? I have proof of filing from NYS for my 7th year extension which I got last year. Can I use the same one when I file the 8th year extension. Thank you.

You will need Proof of "PENDING LC" from Philly BEC. Go thru the following Info

H-1B Visa Extensions
DOL has worked with CIS to set up a new system in the Backlog Elimination Centers to assist individuals who have submitted an application for permanent labor certification prior to March 28, 2005 and need proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa.

Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verification that their application is pending at the Center. The email addresses are h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia Center. Include in this request all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known).

The Backlog Center will respond to the individual with verification that the application has been pending for 365 days.