Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

yes u r right

fogman1 said:
If she's been in H4 for the last 6 years, I am afraid she cannot apply for H1. My understanding is the duration of H4 is counted against 6 year of H1. For example, if H4 holder stays in the U.S for 2 years, only 4 year of H1b will be granted if she/he change from H4 to H1.

go to FAQ on subject of H visa.

Anyway, it's worthwhile to consult a lawyer if there is any employment possibility.

gp111

Do you know how long it will take to get a certificate of LC pending from the Backlog certers? Thanks.

gp111 said:
You will need Proof of "PENDING LC" from Philly BEC. Go thru the following Info

H-1B Visa Extensions
DOL has worked with CIS to set up a new system in the Backlog Elimination Centers to assist individuals who have submitted an application for permanent labor certification prior to March 28, 2005 and need proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa.

Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verification that their application is pending at the Center. The email addresses are h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia Center. Include in this request all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known).

The Backlog Center will respond to the individual with verification that the application has been pending for 365 days.

Normally any thing related to DOL will be in terms of years...just kidding.. giving a break to everyone

meg_z said:
Do you know how long it will take to get a certificate of LC pending from the Backlog certers? Thanks.

Can u please upload this file here. This is accessible for members only.

gp111 said:
Data file for all the cases is available at

alldata.zip
at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DallasBEC/files/

-- Removed Certified, Withdrown & Denied Cases
-- Removed Cases getting processed at SF DOL (RD before May-03) & All Seattle Cases
-- California Cases split half & half between both BECs..
-- All RIR Cases with remark of "Remand Issued to State" , "Returned By Emp after Remand" and "Returned By State after Remand" moved to NON RIR data

I am not claiming this is 100% accurate data.. just to give an idea

One more approval in Dallas

Details:

Peterb
State CA
EB3
PD 7/2002
RD 6/2003
DOT Code: 999.113-021
45 Day Letter Replied: Feb 2005
Certified: June 2005.

What is Phily doing ???? The guys in Dallas are getting approval at an amazing rate ..... :mad:

and here is what gp111 is saying:

gp111 said:
CONGRATULATIONS peterpb...
Good Luck for the next stages.

People with PD earlier then June 2002 waiting for Dallas BEC, you will get your approvals soon after July 01, 2005.. Now don't ask me how I found that info.

Last edited by a moderator:
mnhrdc said:
Make a move with caution and with current speed of approvals the approved LC is better than a future one.

1,Obtain a copy of your approval or an email or verify that belongs to you only.
2.Apply for transfer of H1 in premium process (because you have to work for him) and dont start working based on Reciept date untill approval is obtained.
3.Check whether you are eligible for EB2
4.Negotiate him to apply for I-140
5.After approval of I-140 or 180 dasy of filing Employer cannot withdraw teh application.
6.However consult a attorney before you make further steps- a few dollors should not cost .

Guys,
Thank you all for the suggestions.

I do understand the advantage of filing the I-140 and I-485 concurrently these days.

warm regards
Hans

Visa numbers

MDwatch said:
Details:

Peterb
State CA
EB3
PD 7/2002
RD 6/2003
DOT Code: 999.113-021
45 Day Letter Replied: Feb 2005
Certified: June 2005.

What is Phily doing ???? The guys in Dallas are getting approval at an amazing rate ..... :mad:

and here is what gp111 is saying:

I try to be happy for ppl who are getting approvals from Dallas, but when I look at my situation I cant help but think about Visa numbers for EB3 for next year.

Does every processing center gets its own quota of visa numbers or its a shared pool ? My question is if there are tons of approvals from Dallas and few from BEC by Oct'05, would we see all the visa number consumed by guys who applied and received LC approval after me from Dallas while ppl like me are stuck in PECs ?

atyagi73 said:
I try to be happy for ppl who are getting approvals from Dallas, but when I look at my situation I cant help but think about Visa numbers for EB3 for next year.

Does every processing center gets its own quota of visa numbers or its a shared pool ? My question is if there are tons of approvals from Dallas and few from BEC by Oct'05, would we see all the visa number consumed by guys who applied and received LC approval after me from Dallas while ppl like me are stuck in PECs ?

Technically it can be a little tricky.
Let me illustrate with example.

Case 1:
Lets say "A" has PD = April 10, 2002
Lets say YOU have PD = Feb 10, 2002

Lets say "A" has LC from DBPC
Lets say YOU are stuck in PBPC

Lets say both of you are from China and both of you are EB3. Then on Nov 1 if above assumptions hold, and dates become current upto Apr 30, 2002 -- "A" will consume the visa number you could have taken.

Case 2
Lets keep all other assumptions same BUT assume that both of you have LC by the time Apr 30, 2002 becomes a current date. Then you will get visa number before "A".

Short answer is YESssss if you are stuck in PBPC and someone from Dallas BPC moves on ahead, then irrespective of the fact they may have later PD than you, as above scenario suggests they would consume a visa number that would have been allotted to you.

Oh.. I am just one of you and this is only my interpretation.

gp111 said:
You will need Proof of "PENDING LC" from Philly BEC. Go thru gp111,

I am new to the forum,could you please let me know if the 45 day letter I have recd will be a good proof for INS for 7th Year extension or do I still need to get the info from Philly BEC by sending them an email per your posting?I do see all the pertinent details on the 45 day letter like PD,Name,Position,etc...

Appreciate your help!!

H-1B Visa Extensions
DOL has worked with CIS to set up a new system in the Backlog Elimination Centers to assist individuals who have submitted an application for permanent labor certification prior to March 28, 2005 and need proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa.

Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verification that their application is pending at the Center. The email addresses are h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia Center. Include in this request all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known).

The Backlog Center will respond to the individual with verification that the application has been pending for 365 days.

gp111 please help

gp111

I am new to the forum,could you please let me know if the 45 day letter I have recd will be a good proof for INS for 7th Year extension or do I still need to get the info from Philly BEC by sending them an email per your posting?I do see all the pertinent details on the 45 day letter like PD,Name,Position,etc...

Appreciate your help!!

H-1B Visa Extensions

a_to_z_gc said:
gp111

Appreciate your help!!

Your HR/Attorney should send email with employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known. DOL(BPC) will send you a letter stating your case is pending for atleast 365 days (eligible for H1 extension). Submit this letter along with I-129 (application for Visa Extension)

MDwatch said:
I have done more research and I believe you are right. The clock start ticking once you are in H status ... wether it be H4 or H1B. So let me retract my previous comment ... your wife can't get sponsorship until she goes out of the country for one year ....

Just to restate this statement,
spouse will get H1 which is not linked to H4
When you apply for status change you may need a new I-94
When you go back to your country and apply for h1 visa then you may be in trouble unless you are stayed away from the country for one year.

spidey said:
Technically it can be a little tricky.
Let me illustrate with example.

Case 1:
Lets say "A" has PD = April 10, 2002
Lets say YOU have PD = Feb 10, 2002

Lets say "A" has LC from DBPC
Lets say YOU are stuck in PBPC

Lets say both of you are from China and both of you are EB3. Then on Nov 1 if above assumptions hold, and dates become current upto Apr 30, 2002 -- "A" will consume the visa number you could have taken.

Case 2
Lets keep all other assumptions same BUT assume that both of you have LC by the time Apr 30, 2002 becomes a current date. Then you will get visa number before "A".

Short answer is YESssss if you are stuck in PBPC and someone from Dallas BPC moves on ahead, then irrespective of the fact they may have later PD than you, as above scenario suggests they would consume a visa number that would have been allotted to you.

Oh.. I am just one of you and this is only my interpretation.
Absolutely! I think people in his situation(EB3, philly) are simply ripped off the equal chance to file I485 as current as people in DBEC. I am glad that you can predict what is going to happen to you. RIght now, not only PERM is ripping us off, but also DBEC.

:(

Hi Guys,

I have been a faithful reader/contributor to this forum for sometime now. I waited since Feb 2002 for the LC to be certified. Unfortunately I was laid off a couple of days ago, and I lost everything associated with the immigration process. I now have 1 1/2 years left on my H1B. So I desperately need to get a new employer who will transfer over the H1B before the old employer terminates it.

Anyways, best of luck to you all. May all of you get your LCs approved quickly.

Best wishes,

Rania

Hi,

Sad to hear this.
H1B status is terminated the moment you stop working for the current employer ( according to zero tolerance policy of immigration authorities. ).
The person will be considered out of status unless there was another
pending immigration petition at the time the termination happened.

----
DISCLAIMER : The above Just my opinion. Please consult with a qualified Immigration Attorney.

Last edited by a moderator:
rania said:
Hi Guys,

I have been a faithful reader/contributor to this forum for sometime now. I waited since Feb 2002 for the LC to be certified. Unfortunately I was laid off a couple of days ago, and I lost everything associated with the immigration process. I now have 1 1/2 years left on my H1B. So I desperately need to get a new employer who will transfer over the H1B before the old employer terminates it.

Best wishes,

Rania
I am sorry to heard about it too. Maybe it is better for you to transfer to F1 visa and then you will have more time to look for a job.
Good luck.

what is ur skill set? If SAP HR let me know

rania said:
Hi Guys,

Best wishes,

Rania

gp111 said:
Your HR/Attorney should send email with employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known. DOL(BPC) will send you a letter stating your case is pending for atleast 365 days (eligible for H1 extension). Submit this letter along with I-129 (application for Visa Extension)

Hi gp111,

Does this method work for the 8th year extention as well?

Another thing I'm worry is that if I receive my LC before my H1 expires and the visa number is unavailable for EB3.
1. How do I extent my H1 ?
2. Can I file for I-140 and I-765 even if the visa is not current?

Please help! Thanks!

Ranie,
I'm so sorry to hear that. I agree with luckylucky. May be you can advance your study. Best of luck.