Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

MDwatch Thanks,
But the problem is that I have Masters in Engineering from India and My Bachelors is a Three years Degree + 2 yr PG diploma, so how can I demonstrate that I have a Single 4 year Bachelors degree, Ofcourse I can prove that I have a Masters equivalent of US Masters, but NSC ask for 4 yr single degree .

------------------
If requirement on Labor is Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Maths, Physics or Engineering plus 2 yr exp. And the Alien has these qualification:

5 Yr Exp plus:
B.Sc(3 Yr) Maths & Physics + 2 Yr PG Diploma in Engineering (equivalent to M.Sc in India) from IIT + M.Tech in Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology
What are the chances that NSC will Deny this case based on Not a Single 4 year Bachelors Degree?

Can this Masters from institutes like IIT be a proof that Alien posses a Bachelors degree or more?

Entery into M.Tech is based on a 4 yr Bachelors Degree or M.Sc.

Or once the requirement on Labor says Bachelors then NSC does not care about higher degree like Masters or even P.HD (Doctors Degree) etc.
------------------

MDwatch said:
If the labor requires a bachelor degree and 2 yrs experience, as long as you can demonstrate that you have those requirements you will be fine. If you have a masters or phd then you definitely have the bachelor degree required :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OCT 2003 NJ said:
I am reading PBEC,

What is happening there ? any body knows.

My Priority date Oct 23rd 2003 from NJ state.
My 45 Day letter Responded on March 3rd 2006
ETA case # P-05143-3####
The Closed my case by error on May 21st 2006
Sent letter to reopen case May 25th 2006.
We got letter saying case reopen on Oct 20th 2006
Still the case status says :Data Review.

Thanks
:confused:

Hang in there .... soon the status will change to 'IN-PROCESS'

For Waitingfor4+yrs

Waitingfor4+yrs:

I think there was a misunderstanding .... please disregard my previous comment.

Now, is your family already with you in the U.S. in dependent visa? In that case you can include them in your I-140 petition. Of course, your employer's attorney will explain the details.

The words 'legalize' and 'sponsor' in your e-mail, triggered a different interpretation of your current situation. My previous comment was applicable only if your family members are outside of the U.S. and you are unable to find a temporary visa for them.

Any body still in the data rewiew.

Ya,

I am still in data review. My case was accidently closed & then re-opened. Its been in data review since then. So after 3.5 yrs, all i have is a data review.

SEP03NY said:
Hi All,

Any body still in the data rewiew.

My PD: 10/01/2003.
State : NY

Thanks

for manwithnoname

Hello,
thankyou for clearing that up. I really appreciate it. I myself should've been more clear. Yes my family is with me in the US. so I guess I can add them in my I-140. oh well, thank you again.

P.S. The website you game me was really helpful too.

manwithnoname said:
Waitingfor4+yrs:

I think there was a misunderstanding .... please disregard my previous comment.

Now, is your family already with you in the U.S. in dependent visa? In that case you can include them in your I-140 petition. Of course, your employer's attorney will explain the details.

The words 'legalize' and 'sponsor' in your e-mail, triggered a different interpretation of your current situation. My previous comment was applicable only if your family members are outside of the U.S. and you are unable to find a temporary visa for them.

might wana read this...

After further observations and approvals "times" I've come to a conclusion. That PBEC is not that random when it comes to approve a case. Right now if you notice they're approving RIR only!...I just went to the trackitt website and I saw all the approvals and all of them were RIR only. So I guess after done with RIR cases, PBEC will move on to the non-rir. So I guess its not all that bad eh? I think all the non-rir cases have to wait until next year to get something. Plus this nightmare will be over september 30, 07. oh well...wait I guess. :eek:

I have never recd 45 days letter

Hi MDwatch,

I have never recd 45 days letter. But i have send email to PBEC
email id they have given for non receipt of 45 days letter. They have
send me letter that your case is activated. you can see status of it
in public disclousre system. But it is still data review.

Thank

MDwatch said:
Have you received your 45DL ?

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
Hello,
thankyou for clearing that up. I really appreciate it. I myself should've been more clear. Yes my family is with me in the US. so I guess I can add them in my I-140. oh well, thank you again.

P.S. The website you game me was really helpful too.
Family comes into picture at the 485 (adjustment of status) stage, not the 140, which is the petition for immigrant employee (based on approved labor certification). You can file 140 right away after LC, but you cannot file 485 until the PD for your country is current for your category.

If you are counting on forthcoming immigration benefits for your family based on your own pending case, you might want to speak to an experienced attorney and not rely on advice doled out on this forum.

Speechless

Guys, I am speechless today. I really don't know what to say. After waiting for over 4 years finally the status of my labor certification shows "CERTIFIED". Having waited for so long I am even having trouble believing that its true. I have checked the site several times today and it still shows as certified. So, I guess I am not day dreaming and it is indeed certified.

I guess now the wait begins (like so many other people) for the hard copy of the certification to get delivered .... and then slowly onto other stages ....

Congratulations!
2002calabor said:
Guys, I am speechless today. I really don't know what to say. After waiting for over 4 years finally the status of my labor certification shows "CERTIFIED". Having waited for so long I am even having trouble believing that its true. I have checked the site several times today and it still shows as certified. So, I guess I am not day dreaming and it is indeed certified.

I guess now the wait begins (like so many other people) for the hard copy of the certification to get delivered .... and then slowly onto other stages ....

2002calabor said:

Congratulations and best of luck
Finally you are out of the mess.........

SEP03NY said:
Hi MDwatch,

I have never recd 45 days letter. But i have send email to PBEC
email id they have given for non receipt of 45 days letter. They have
send me letter that your case is activated. you can see status of it
in public disclousre system. But it is still data review.

Thank
I also never received the 45DL and the email says that the case is active but the case starts with a "T". When I change the T do D and look it up in PDS the system says that "no record coud be found".
Does your case start with "T" ? Can you check your case in PDS?

2002calabor said:

Congratulations!! You are eligible for concurrent filing from November 1.
Good Luck.

2002calabor said:

Congratulation 2002calabor.

I also never received the 45DL

frestre said:
I also never received the 45DL and the email says that the case is active but the case starts with a "T". When I change the T do D and look it up in PDS the system says that "no record coud be found".
Does your case start with "T" ? Can you check your case in PDS?

Hi Frestre,

I send the email to nobeccontact@PHI.DFLC.US for non receipt of 45 days letter i got following message from PBEC.

The Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) has received a request
to our "no BEC contact" e-mail address regarding the applicant and alien
referenced in your email below.

After an additional search of the BEC files, the application referenced
above was located in the BEC. A case file has been created and placed
in the appropriate processing status. The case will be processed based
on the priority date of the case.

Please see the attached screen shot as confirmation that the case is now
active, and for information regarding the case number. Please use the
case number in the Public Disclosure System (PDS) system for any future
status checks regarding the case. For more information about the PDS,
please see the announcement and FAQ on the Office of Foreign Labor
Certification (OFLC) website.

I got my case number and other information from the PBEC. I am able to
check case status in PDS. It show Data Review.

ETA Case Number: P-05188-XXXXX
Priority Date: 10/01/2003

Not to question you, manwithnoname. I am curious to know why did you say precisely Nov 1. Is anything changing starting that date ? Could you please throw some light.

manwithnoname said:
Congratulations!! You are eligible for concurrent filing from November 1.
Good Luck.

aamchimumbai said:
Not to question you, manwithnoname. I am curious to know why did you say precisely Nov 1. Is anything changing starting that date ? Could you please throw some light.
The November visa bulletin puts EB2 cutoff for India as Jan 2003. This cutoff date goes into effect on Nov 1. Until then, the current cut off date of June 2002 is in effect for EB2-India. Therefore, if somebody has a PD after June 2002 and before Jan 2003, they can file concurrently for 140-485 (with LC clearer) beginning Nov 1.

2002calabor said:
thanks Katrina and hope you get out of the mess soon too!
Congratulations! My attorney told me mine was approved officially yesterday. (Got letter in mail) The certification date is Oct. 13; takes 11 days to receive the letter.

See you in I-140 forum