Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

yours_sincerely said:
Hania,
The dates may not be current for I-485 (the third step in immigration) but I-140 can be filed as soon as you have the required documents ready. Also, you can choose to go for a premium processing of I-140 by paying some extra fee.
Now don't ask us what documents are needed, ask your lawyer :)

Correct - unless the lawyer want to wait for priority date to become current (say by waiting a few more months) and proceed with concurrent filing.

No letter yet!!!!!

Guys I still have not received the certification letter.

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05
NOF issued on Feb 24'06
NOF rebutted March 28'06
Certified on August 9, 2006
No sign of the notification letter
:mad:

sorry for u

aycy said:
Guys I still have not received the certification letter.

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05
NOF issued on Feb 24'06
NOF rebutted March 28'06
Certified on August 9, 2006
No sign of the notification letter
:mad:

This is terrible. Contact PBEC main no. 484-27-1500 and see if they can help.

10/2002, CA, EB2,RIR

Labor Certified

Hi,
Like few others, I have been also a silent reader of this forum. Mine labor has been certified as of today when I checked the Online ETA system. :)

EB3, RIR
PD - Dec 2003
45 day letter - Feb 2006
BEC - Philadelphia
Certified online - Oct 3, 2006
State - CT

I have few queries:
1) Can I change my lawyer for my fruther GC processing? If yes, will I face any other problems after I change it?
2) I have already applied for my H1B 7th year (one year) extension. But my current H1B expires end of November. If I get my I-140 processed through premium, will I be able to convert my current application for H1B ext. to 3 years instead of 1 year?
3) How much time it takes for I-140 to get cleared through premium?
Thanks.

dc2006 said:
Hi,
Like few others, I have been also a silent reader of this forum. Mine labor has been certified as of today when I checked the Online ETA system. :)

EB3, RIR
PD - Dec 2003
45 day letter - Feb 2006
BEC - Philadelphia
State - CT

I have few queries:
1) Can I change my lawyer for my further GC processing? If yes, will I face any other problems after I change it?
2) I have already applied for my H1B 7th year (one year) extension. But my current H1B expires end of November. If I get my I-140 processed through premium, will I be able to convert my current application for H1B ext. to 3 years instead of 1 year?
Thanks.

Congrats on your labor approval. Answers to your queries below:
1. As per my knowledge, in order to continue GC processing, you should be employed with the same company.
2. You can proceed with upgrade only after I-140 is approved (and H-1B is still pending by then). Just my thoughts - I would advise consult an attorney.
3. ~15 days

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reply,

for 1) I'm not going to change the job, but want to change the lawyer. can I?
I can request my company to change the lawyer for me. If my company has no problem, will it be a good idea to change the lawyer? Thanks in advance.

Congrats

dc2006 said:
Hi,

EB3, RIR
PD - Dec 2003
45 day letter - Feb 2006
BEC - Philadelphia
State - CT

I have few queries:
1) Can I change my lawyer for my fruther GC processing? If yes, will I face any other problems after I change it?

-- There should be no problem changing your lawyer, you may need to request all your paperwork from your current lawyer, so that you do not have to go through that mess again.

-- It all depends on when you receive your certification letter, I know few people in this forum haven't received their certification letter even a month after their case approval, but if you are lucky enough to get your certification letter in a week and 140 in 15 days. may be you will be able to get your H1 extended for 3 years.

Thanks.
- Around 15 days

Case Closed

Just now I got a reply email from PBEC that my case has been closed. Last month I got an email from them that my case was under final Review. Website says IN PROCESS and last week 202 guy said, NOF was issued a week before. Those who are in 2001/2002 should approach PBEC/202 so that some thing will be heard or else the delays will continue like this. Our Immigration dept guys were angry for my approaching 202/PBEC directly. The problem is they do not do their duty and we have to do their job too.
After 4 years, I do not even feel sad as all our tears are spent already and no more water left. I forwarded that email to our Immigration dept and want to see how they react. Our attorney firm is FDBL.

Caliber said:
Just now I got a reply email from PBEC that my case has been closed. Last month I got an email from them that my case was under final Review. Website says IN PROCESS and last week 202 guy said, NOF was issued a week before. Those who are in 2001/2002 should approach PBEC/202 so that some thing will be heard or else the delays will continue like this. Our Immigration dept guys were angry for my approaching 202/PBEC directly. The problem is they do not do their duty and we have to do their job too.
After 4 years, I do not even feel sad as all our tears are spent already and no more water left. I forwarded that email to our Immigration dept and want to see how they react. Our attorney firm is FDBL.
Caliber,

Sorry to hear that. Do you know the reasons for PBEC issuing a NOF? How did you check that you had a NOF?

Caliber said:

Sorry to hear that. As per the previous postings in this newsgroup, typically a case is closed due to non-reply against a query (assuming 45 day time limit). As per 202#, you had a NOF .... did your lawyer received and replied it? Don't worry, at least now a process exists to re-open cases with BEC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that

Hi Caliber..

Sorry to hear that your case is closed.

Which email address you used to send email to PBEC ? info or 7th year

I am also worried since there is no news about my case and website says INPROCESS

Caliber said:

NY EB-3 approval October 2003

All:
I have been a silent reader of this forum. I finally got my labor approved after almost 3 years. Thanks for all the support and I am pretty sure that others will get their labor cleared soon.

Here are the details
ETA Case no: P-05199-xxxxx
Date of acceptance for processing: October 29, 2003
Category: EB-3
State: NY
Date of approval: September 21, 2006
45 day letter received: Marc 16, 2006
Never made it to regional

code4food said:
Hi,

Wanted to know if they are approving any NOF cases or are they just skipping them and going on to the clear cut cases?

What have you guys seen regarding NOF cases?

Thanks.

Yes there are approval postings with NOFs. Please go through this thread and NOF thread.

A Question.

Hi Gurus,
My online labor status still says "In Process". It was filed under EB3 category. I have a question, if we can convert that existing application to EB2 now at runtime. Because EB2 dates are current now. If yes, could you please specify the procedures?
Or Is it just I'm thinking crazy?
Thanks.

End of a long wait..

Well, I never thought I'd see the day, but today the status changed to "certified" !!

Region: PA (Philly)
Priority date: 05/19/2003
EB: EB3
Case #: P-04261-05xxx

Best of luck to everyone.. may we all get out of this mess sooner rather than later..

H1-B 8th Year Extension

Hi

My situation is that

My 7th Year extension expire in Jan 2007
My LC filed on Nov 2004
I have 45 day letter for LC applied on Nov 2004

Quesiton: -
Can I join new employer and can new employer file for 8th year extension based on 45 days letter?

Thanks for all help.