Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

blues22 said:
I agree with you. State shouldn't matter at PBEC, if they are following FIFO. but they are not. There is one possibility, state will matter - every state must have sent their cases to PBEC in some kind of bundles, 2 years back. IF PBEC is going bundles by bundles, then its possible, they are finishing up with one bundle and then moving to the next. Obviously one bundle will have cases of the same state.
Again, this is just a assumption, who knows, probably they are going totally by the electronic data.

I agree with your assessment. I remember a few months ago when i spoke to my attorneys they said that PBEC is actually following somewhat of a FIFO, but usually FIFO within a box. I am assuming that these boxes came in just like you said. By state

screenshot

I am new to this forum, I had a question on screenshot I got from Pilly backlog center. All the fields in the screenshot are populated including occupation code and prevailing wages etc. But online status shows "In progress". Does it mean that it's in Final Review status and chance of getting certified is high now? Any details on this is appreciated.

PD - 07/2003 (DE)
45days received : April 2005
ETA Case # P-04295-####

rockyroad said:
Online showed certified and attorney received approval in mail today

Thanks and good luck to those who are waiting

eb3-rir
Ca
pd --jun 03

Rockyroad, congrats!

can you please let us know how many days/weeks/months have passed from the time you saw the online certified status till your attorney received the approval mail?

EDIT: Rockyroad, I checked your previous posts and if I am not wrong, your atty has received the mail only a week after you saw the online certified status. I wanted to share this info with everyone. Please correct if this is wrong.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish we had better info..

I have been trying to figure out how PBEC is processing cases and can't make sense out of it. If they claim they have entered all the data, I guess what they were trying to do is replace the paper applications. If they have to go back to the paper applications (which could be piles of files literally impossible to search if not arranged properly), why the data entry at all?
If PBEC has all the cases in a database stored electronically, why is it so difficult to order the cases by any criteria? Atleast, if they come up with some kind of approximation like we experience when we call customer service of a decent company where they tell you on the phone that "your call will be answered in approximately x minutes" it would give us some kind of relief. I thought the online status check was going to have some logical steps but all they have is 3 steps and is not going to help the majority (ofcourse it is great for people who find out that their case got closed or withdrawn and can take corrective action).
For those who are trying to see "a ray of light" just based on the state and PD of someone else's approval : "Guys, right now its like a lottery...if someone with the number 8 has won and yours is number 9, there is no certainty that the next number drawn will be 9". I have tried to look at existing approvals and tried to queue myself based on all possible criteria I could think of: ETA#, RIR/Non RIR, PD, State etc etc but by all calculations the data appears to be random cuz else my case should have been adjudicated already by now.

My details:
State: MD, RIR
PD: 03/29/2002
Never made it to Regional but an NOF was issued that we answered so I guess, the state guys touched the case.

Dedo said:
I agree with your assessment. I remember a few months ago when i spoke to my attorneys they said that PBEC is actually following somewhat of a FIFO, but usually FIFO within a box. I am assuming that these boxes came in just like you said. By state

Can you pls PM me the letter you have sent to get the screenshot.. I have tried and got no response from them.. Can you pls PM me the e-mail and the e-mail address to which you have sent?

Thanks

For screen shot..

smallamp1 said:
Can you pls PM me the letter you have sent to get the screenshot.. I have tried and got no response from them.. Can you pls PM me the e-mail and the e-mail address to which you have sent?

Thanks

email to : H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US
Subject: Request for Proof of Submission for 7th-Year H1B Extension

Matter/body:
Kindly send Proof of submission of Permanent Labor Certification application which is required for 7th-Year H1B Extension.

Details:

Case Number:
ETA case #P-05138-xxxxx
Priority Date: AUG , 2002

Type: RIR EB2
Received at BPC: 01/13/2005
State: NJ

Employer Name & Address:

Employee Name and address:

-------------------------- This would get you the screen shot, they are pretty quick so you should get it in a day or so.

ThirstyFish said:
email to : H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US
Subject: Request for Proof of Submission for 7th-Year H1B Extension

Matter/body:
Kindly send Proof of submission of Permanent Labor Certification application which is required for 7th-Year H1B Extension.

Details:

Case Number:
ETA case #P-05138-xxxxx
Priority Date: AUG , 2002

Type: RIR EB2
Received at BPC: 01/13/2005
State: NJ

Employer Name & Address:

Employee Name and address:

-------------------------- This would get you the screen shot, they are pretty quick so you should get it in a day or so.
Thanks.. But I am already in my 8th year of H-1.. do you think it matters??

ThirtyFish and Mates,

Could anyone give the contact details of DOL to complain about the situation we are facing FIFO issue.
I want to send them email, fax on un-justice to 2001 and 2002 labor cases which are pending in PBEC.

I really appreciated any help.

Case Source in Screen Shot

Hi Guys,

I have requested for my case screen shot from PBEC recently.
I noticed Case Source: State in the screen shot.

I'm just wondering what that means?. (does that mean it never made it to regional?)

I Agree

I also have the same feeling.
Most of the cases pending from 2001/2002 is from NJ NY or MD

Who knows... may be our cases are with a LAZY Analyst..

If there is NOF they have to send NOF instead of this never ending
IN-Process Status.

what are they doing with FIFO

NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 5 2002

ragini_nj said:
ThirtyFish and Mates,

Could anyone give the contact details of DOL to complain about the situation we are facing FIFO issue.
I want to send them email, fax on un-justice to 2001 and 2002 labor cases which are pending in PBEC.

I really appreciated any help.

Ragini/NJJune5/2002CALabor

NJJune52002 said:
I also have the same feeling. Most of the cases pending from 2001/2002 is from NJ NY or MD. Who knows... may be our cases are with a LAZY Analyst..If there is NOF they have to send NOF instead of this never ending IN-Process Status. what are they doing with FIFO
I have sent the following email and received reply

Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2006 4:37 PM
To: XXXXXXXX
Subject: RE: October 17, 2002. Not yet certified

Your case is in Final Review.

Thank you,

DFLC Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2006 9:07 AM
To: Info
Cc: h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us
Subject: PD: October 17, 2002. Not yet certified

Dear Madam,

I have been working for XXXXX as Sr. Software Engineer for the past 6 years on H1 visa.

YYYYYY has filed for my Labor Certification from New Jersey on 10/15/2002 along with several colleagues of mine. My ETA Case Number is P-05118-XXXXX and my PD is 10/16/2002. While majority of my colleagues got their Labor approvals, I have not yet received my labor approval and this is causing me tremendous pressure.

I understood from my other friends that you started approving even cases that are filed in August 2003 and mine is still pending which is 10/17/2002.

I plead you to please help me with my labor approval as you are already approving August 2003 cases.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Application

The way it works is most likely your case has been flagged for NOF and is sitting with the certifying officer who will take a final decision to adjucate the case or NOF it.
I am in the same boat and my law firm found that out for me.

So wrong..

This is so wrong, that in order to ask for the status of your cases you've to plead with them. I think the DOL or PBEC need to realize when us waiters are starting to beg and plead I think its time for them to give out the Labor Certificates as soon as possible. I think all of us had enough with this wait. NO?

May be wrong ...

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
This is so wrong, that in order to ask for the status of your cases you've to plead with them. I think the DOL or PBEC need to realize when us waiters are starting to beg and plead I think its time for them to give out the Labor Certificates as soon as possible. I think all of us had enough with this wait. NO?
May be wrong. But before sending this mail, I sent few other mails requesting for implementing FIFO. I just got standard replies. This reply came with some answer. May be I am wrong. Do you have any solution?

Labor Approved

My Case status website is changed to certified today. Update you .. once i receive the letter in mail

SaiK

Received certification letter

Just got the letter from the attorneys that they've received the certified 750B forms. It was certified on 8/29/06.

GCMESS said:
Hi Guys,

I have requested for my case screen shot from PBEC recently.
I noticed Case Source: State in the screen shot.

I'm just wondering what that means?. (does that mean it never made it to regional?)

Same thing happened to me. All the GA cases gone to regional has been marked as state.

Screen shot from PBEC

Hi Gurus,
I got a screen shot of my labor from PBEC. Following fields are empty
Occuption Title,Occuption Code,Prevailing wage.

Any idea why fields are empty.

Online status is IN PROCESS

EB2/RIR/16th Dec 2002/NY

Changed from 'In Progress' to 'Certified'

Hi,

The status of my Case changed today from 'In Progress' to 'Certified'. Thanks everyone for the support.