Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

If you are with him SMART or Else Stupid

USCISisMockery said:
Today I am very blunt, so bear with me. I just don't understand our community, particularly Indians. We just can't unite.

If you see my past posts, I have been making these points all along.
My "sticky" post has 7250 views but only 62 replies and only 47 people participated in polls. I also gave choice where I can give "edit" power to someone if they disagree with all of my ideas. Most of the members here thinks that "let them do the work" if it works everybody will benefit.

Majority here are so stupid and selfish they can't even support somebody who wants to organize or unite people. We are bound to be doomed. If something is not done soon, current administration will make sure 300,000 H1Bs are out of this country before they leave power in 2007.
Sorry, if you are offended but its reality.

Atleast you can attend conference call today with Rajiv.

Sorry Today I am also blunt about this folk perticulary this surrogated future SON of America who says every body a Stupid and Perticulary Indians are devisive. I am realy hurt as Indian when somebody tries to catagorise us by mentalability,race,region.

I think time has come to unite as he says and complain to this portal about this SMART guy first and secondly if somebody get hold of him in Philly, file a case against this folk for publishing discrimination articles against perticular region of people and of there mental ability.

If HE is SO SMART,HERO,SUPPORTIVE,UNSELFISH,CO-OPERATIVE, Why does he begging for help from others who says them as stupid.

I am proud to be an Indian but Not all Surrogated Sons

mnhrdc said:
Sorry Today I am also blunt about this folk perticulary this surrogated future SON of America who says every body a Stupid and Perticulary Indians are devisive. I am realy hurt as Indian when somebody tries to catagorise us by mentalability,race,region.

I think time has come to unite as he says and complain to this portal about this SMART guy first and secondly if somebody get hold of him in Philly, file a case against this folk for publishing discrimination articles against perticular region of people and of there mental ability.

If HE is SO SMART,HERO,SUPPORTIVE,UNSELFISH,CO-OPERATIVE, Why does he begging for help from others who says them as stupid.

I am proud to be an Indian but Not all Surrogated Sons

I dont want to start again and waste everybodys time and divert this forum. so just a brief reply.
Most of us Indians (yes I am Indian), including me are selfish and stupid upto some level and thats the reason we are still divided. If it was some other community, they would have many class actions already in place.
It seems like you rarely visited any forums, thats why you are taking meaning of each and every word literally. Don't take anything personal. Even though Indians are considered one of the best brains in the world, that doesn't mean we can't be selfish.

We have to unite to take action against backlog and not to criticize somebody's post.

From today's conference it looks like having 10 simultaneous litigation doesn't hurt. If each litigation cost 4000-5000, we can easily gather 40000.
How about somebody without "signature" :) creates a new sticky post or take my post to organize these litigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
To our Friend USCISisMockery

USCISisMockery said:
Today I am very blunt, so bear with me. I just don't understand our community, particularly Indians. We just can't unite.

If you see my past posts, I have been making these points all along.
My "sticky" post has 7250 views but only 62 replies and only 47 people participated in polls. I also gave choice where I can give "edit" power to someone if they disagree with all of my ideas. Most of the members here thinks that "let them do the work" if it works everybody will benefit.

Majority here are so stupid and selfish they can't even support somebody who wants to organize or unite people. We are bound to be doomed. If something is not done soon, current administration will make sure 300,000 H1Bs are out of this country before they leave power in 2007.
Sorry, if you are offended but its reality.

Atleast you can attend conference call today with Rajiv.

Please do not scold to any national it really hurts when you mention ""I just don't understand our community, particularly Indians. We just can't unite". We did unite that's why I-140 and I-485 Processing faster than ever. Moreover your post says " Majority here are so stupid and selfish they can't even support somebody who wants to organize or unite people" . We all here smart including you my friend, other wise we would not be here in the first place. Everyone here going on with real hardtime, hundreds of probelm started due to this LC delay, everybody here depressed, helpless. I would like to request please avoid such statement in future. Majority here System analyst, DataBase Engineer, Network Engineer etc. not Stupid or Selfish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Visa Number Backlog and I-140 Portability

* The USCIS Memorandum of May 12, 2005 stipulates that the 180-day of I-485 filing will continue to run even during the period of visa number unavailability for him/her and the alien may change employment during the period of visa number unavailability inasmuch as the I-140 portability is satisfied and EB-485 is pending.

Definition of "Same or Similar" Occupation Classification for I-140 Porting
* The USCIS Memorandum of May 12, 2005 clarifies that the "same or similar" will be determined on the basis of DOT or OES Codes. Accordingly, the new job must fall under the same DOT or OES with the labor certification job.

* The same rule will apply to the labor certification waived I-140/EB-485 cases. They will use the DOL's DOT or OES Codes to determine this requirement.

* Inasmuch as this requirement is met, the aliens in EB-1 cases like Multinational Corporate Executive/Manager petitions can port after 180 day of EB-485 filing taking a same or similar job with another employer.

* Alien can take new employment anywhere in the U.S. inasmuch as the new job falls under the same or similar occupational classification standards

USCIS Reverses Policy on I-140 Portability After EB-485 Pending 180 Days

* AILA has reported a new USCIS Memorandum of May 12, 2005 on AC 21 issues which have either been answered or unanswered. In the answered issues, the USCIS is amending its policies. One of these key issues which it reverses by this new memorandum is I-140 portability after 180 days of filing of EB-485 applications.

* When the alien beneficiary changes employment before I-140 petition is approved but I-485 application has been pending 180 days or longer, the USCIS field offices have been instructed not to automatically deny such I-140 petition and I-485 applications unless they first take the following steps:

* First determine whether the preponderance of the evidence establishes that the I-140 petition is approvable or would have been approvable, had it been adjudicated within 180 days.

* If the I-140 petition is approvable but for an ability to pay or any other issues relating to a time after the filing of the petition, the USCIS should approve the I-140 petition on its merits.

* The adjudicator should determine whether the new employment is "same or similar" occupational classification.

* If the answer is yes, the adjudicator should approve EB-485 applications.

* In taking the foregoing steps, should the adjudicator has an issue of RFE, particularly the issue of employer's ability to pay the proffered salay, the adjudicator should issue RFE, and upon receiving the RFE responses, if the evidence meets the approvable thresholds, the adjudicator should perform the foregoing procedure and conclude the adjudication of I-140 petition and I-485 application.

* In the context of RFE, if the response is not received or even if the response is received and the reponse does not adequately address the issues or the response is simply that the beneficiary no longer works for the petitioner, the petition is considered unapprovable and consequently the I-140 will be denied and at the same time, I-485 will also be denied.

source: immigration-law

I-140 Portability and New Employer's Financial Ability to Pay Proffered Salary

The USCIS AC 21 Memorandum of May 12, 2005 clarifies the policy that when the alien changes employer using AC 21 I-140 portability rule, the new employer does not have to prove anything but "same or similar occupational classification" and the adjudcators should not request or deny I-485 applications based on the new employer's financial ability to pay issue.

source: immigration-law

Live it or leave it. :) If any one has to take any action(very small, small or big) please move forward(as i did). Don't wait and hope anyone will join. If any one has to join they will join anyway. Good Luck. :p

orissa said:
Please do not scold to any national it really hurts when you mention ""I just don't understand our community, particularly Indians. We just can't unite". We did unite that's why I-140 and I-485 Processing faster than ever. Moreover your post says " Majority here are so stupid and selfish they can't even support somebody who wants to organize or unite people" . We all here smart including you my friend, other wise we would not be here in the first place. Everyone here going on with real hardtime, hundreds of probelm started due to this LC delay, everybody here depressed, helpless. I would like to request please avoid such statement in future. Majority here System analyst, DataBase Engineer, Network Engineer etc. not Stupid or Selfish.

Can anybody, who attended todays conference with Rajiv just post a 3 line summary of it? May be we all can send a $100 check to Rajiv's office and if he has enough collection to start a class action law suite against DOL, he can encash them and start the process.
Ofcourse we need to keep it in mind that nothing should put burden on DOL any further.
I don't know if this issue was discussed in todays call. Please update..

gp111 said:
Thanks.
Thats how its defined in BOOKS.. Not in Real Life In US ( as always US can twist any definition).

US believes in simple principle of Supply Vs. Demand. We are here at our own choice ( People say that WE PAY TAXES ! Everybody who earns pays taxes, Everywhere in the World, Does not make them any special).. If US needs Us We will be given PR otherwise we will be kicked out.

I think you are not quite right here. The taxes are clealy split by their purpose. Part of the taxes go to the police for example they are protecting you while you are in the US so you shoud pay them. Part goes to the DOL that work very hard to make sure you will not get your LC. It is still work so somebody have to pay them.

Another part goes to social security that you are not eligible to. Say you worked in the US 9 years and then DOL finally manages to kick you out of the country you wont get a dime of those money when you get retired. And why your home country should pay you in full if you did not contribute during these 9 years ? So you paid as everybody and are left with nothing.

Take Germany, they will not take your social security taxes if you are not staying there.

IMO, 10 simultaneous lawsuit in different states is the only way out of this. If its W.H policy to delay labor, nothing can be done about it except lawsuits. If we are lucky and got consederate judge, he/she can order BEC to clear everything up by end of this year.

And I completely disagree with someone who said USA is capitalist country so its all "supply and demand".
Human being is not "capital", but its what makes a country.
You can't trade human being, so "supply and demand" doesn't apply.
Please check economics textbook, its clearly written that its policies doesn't apply to residents.

Thanks for the efforts, USCISisMockery

USCISisMockery said:
IMO, 10 simultaneous lawsuit in different states is the only way out of this. If its W.H policy to delay labor, nothing can be done about it except lawsuits. If we are lucky and got consederate judge, he/she can order BEC to clear everything up by end of this year.

And I completely disagree with someone who said USA is capitalist country so its all "supply and demand".
Human being is not "capital", but its what makes a country.
You can't trade human being, so "supply and demand" doesn't apply.
Please check economics textbook, its clearly written that its policies doesn't apply to residents.

I sent a letter to Secretary Chao a couple of days ago, complaining the inefficiency and lack of information from the BPC.

Please do not take some persons' negative comments seriously. I believe more people support what you have been doing. Life is too short to quibble.

Continue your good work.

How long 7th year ext approval taking from Vermont

Sorry guys for posting here...

Can someone pls tell how long it is taking for '7th year extension' approval from vermont service center.

appreciate your help as i have to file 7th year ext now and need to decide for premium processing.

MD2001

MD2001 said:

Can someone pls tell how long it is taking for '7th year extension' approval from vermont service center.

appreciate your help as i have to file 7th year ext now and need to decide for premium processing.

MD2001

I filed in late Janu 05 and got approval in Apr 05. So it takes approximately 3 months.

to MD2001

MD2001 said:

MD2001

mine took only 4 weeks, along with my spouse's h4. filed end of january. turned out to be faster than i expected...but i am not sure if 4 weeks is the norm or if i just got lucky for once!

you may be able to check the processing dates for vermont service center on this url: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp;jsessionid=cO381QLA6dY-

good luck!

7th extension - proof of filing

MD2001 said:

MD2001

Where and how did you get your Proof of Filing? My employer and attorney have been requested it for the past 3 months and nothing we got yet. Your experience is very valuable to me. I'm very worried if I can't get it soon.

MD2001 said:

MD2001

can't you file for premium processing? Premium processing takes less than 15 days

to helpjune4

helpjune4 said:
Where and how did you get your Proof of Filing? My employer and attorney have been requested it for the past 3 months and nothing we got yet. Your experience is very valuable to me. I'm very worried if I can't get it soon.

i got it from my lawyer. he sent me a copy of the regional receipt of my case. but my employer also had a copy that the lawyer had sent them a while ago. if your case got to regional, i think then your lawyer should have a receipt for your case.

if your case was at state level, then i am not sure. maybe someone esle on the forum can help answer this. for a friend of mine, his lawyer was able to use the UPS delivery tracking details to prove that the application was received by the state and signed for.

good luck to you!!

foret1 said:
i got it from my lawyer. he sent me a copy of the regional receipt of my case. but my employer also had a copy that the lawyer had sent them a while ago. if your case got to regional, i think then your lawyer should have a receipt for your case.

if your case was at state level, then i am not sure. maybe someone esle on the forum can help answer this. for a friend of mine, his lawyer was able to use the UPS delivery tracking details to prove that the application was received by the state and signed for.

good luck to you!!

Thank you for your kind response! My case was at State level.

Did your friend get the aproval yet? I might need to take same approach as he did!

Thanks...foret1, neelatul and GCSyndrome

Guys,

Thank you very much for the response. The reason why I asked is my lawyer is trying to impress our HR saying that it is taking only 4 weeks for approval and no need for premium processing.

I don't know how come he concluded that. It's $1000 for premium processing but not sure whether H4 also need additional $1000. Can someone clarify this.

Thanks
MD2001

MD2001 said:
Guys,

Thank you very much for the response. The reason why I asked is my lawyer is trying to impress our HR saying that it is taking only 4 weeks for approval and no need for premium processing.

I don't know how come he concluded that. It's $1000 for premium processing but not sure whether H4 also need additional $1000. Can someone clarify this.

Thanks
MD2001
There is NO additional $1000 for H4.
$1000 applies to H1 and H4.