Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Labor_Mess said:
Hello gurus,

Please help me in understanding the Multiple Labor filings.
I have two Labors filed one from New Jersey (June 2002) and other from Chicago (March 2004).
Today my Labor from Chicago got approved and Labor from New Jersey which is in PBEC is still with T Number and no 45 day letter is received.

What will happen to my New Jersey Labor because of my Chicago Labor got approved.
Do they cancel my NJ Labor???
Since I have almost 20 months old priority date with my NJ Labor can I wait to file the I140 until my NJ Labor got cleared.

Can I file I140 based on the Chicago Labor and file another I140 once my NJ Labor approves.
What happens if my I140 from Chicago gets approved before my NJ Labor gets approved.
Would I be eligible to file the I140 once my NJ Labor is certified and keep the priority date.

Please help me in understanding the multiple labor filings and I appreciate your help.

You are allowed to have multiple LC applications and multiple I-140.

You should file I-140 for your approved Chicago labor. This will allow you 3 year extensions for your H1. The other advantage, the I-140 belongs to you, not your employer.

When your NJ labor is approved, file another I-140 for it.

Once you have both I-140 approved, you can retain the PD of the oldest one. This is only an advantage is
- if one is EB3 and the other is EB2
or
- the one with the oldest PD is not the company you work for right now.

Hope this helps

MDwatch said:
You are allowed to have multiple LC applications and multiple I-140.

You should file I-140 for your approved Chicago labor. This will allow you 3 year extensions for your H1. The other advantage, the I-140 belongs to you, not your employer.

When your NJ labor is approved, file another I-140 for it.

Once you have both I-140 approved, you can retain the PD of the oldest one. This is only an advantage is
- if one is EB3 and the other is EB2
or
- the one with the oldest PD is not the company you work for right now.

Hope this helps

I beg your pardon to differ. I am not 100% agreed to what you said "140 belongs to you not employer". This is not true. 140 belongs to employer and can revoke it till 6 months after approval of 140. The only benifit it gives is unlike labor certification, employer can not substitute 140.

I agree with multiple filing of 140.

Multiple labors

My friend have multiple labors from same company in different states (NJ and DE). PBEC seems to be considered only one of it that has most latest PD. He didn't get any 45 DL for the labor that applied early in the process.

Labor_Mess said:
Hello gurus,

Please help me in understanding the Multiple Labor filings.
I have two Labors filed one from New Jersey (June 2002) and other from Chicago (March 2004).
Today my Labor from Chicago got approved and Labor from New Jersey which is in PBEC is still with T Number and no 45 day letter is received.

What will happen to my New Jersey Labor because of my Chicago Labor got approved.
Do they cancel my NJ Labor???
Since I have almost 20 months old priority date with my NJ Labor can I wait to file the I140 until my NJ Labor got cleared.

Can I file I140 based on the Chicago Labor and file another I140 once my NJ Labor approves.
What happens if my I140 from Chicago gets approved before my NJ Labor gets approved.
Would I be eligible to file the I140 once my NJ Labor is certified and keep the priority date.

Please help me in understanding the multiple labor filings and I appreciate your help.

Labor approved

I just got the news this morning that my labor has been approved !
EB2, RIR, NY, July 2002

This forum has been my only support and source of information. I really really wish, pray and hope for all of you who are in 2001 and 2002 and are stuck..

ItsTough said:
I just got the news this morning that my labor has been approved !
EB2, RIR, NY, July 2002

This forum has been my only support and source of information. I really really wish, pray and hope for all of you who are in 2001 and 2002 and are stuck..
Congratulations ... wish your PD becomes current in October.
Agreed, PBEC should maintain FIFO so that all of us get a chance to file I-485 ASAP after labor clearance.

case status request

8 days after sending email to Info@phi.dflc.us to request case status, I got a reply. Although no progress yet, at least someone replied the request besides the auto reply. Thanks aycy.

aycy said:
Don't worry. I got the same thing the day before and the good news came the next day. Wait and see.....! Good luck.

aycy

One small correction: The I-140 ceases to "belong" to the employer 6 months after the I-485 is filed, provided the underlying I-140 has been approved.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
I beg your pardon to differ. I am not 100% agreed to what you said "140 belongs to you not employer". This is not true. 140 belongs to employer and can revoke it till 6 months after approval of 140. The only benifit it gives is unlike labor certification, employer can not substitute 140.

I agree with multiple filing of 140.

Can someone guide me to the page which has details about the current retrogressed dates?
Does anyone know about these dates for China and India?

Letter writting program has slowed down... We need alot of people to write letters to get media attention.

Why would media consider us when they have

- Iran/Iraq/Lebanon/Israel issues? Atleast these are real issues..

But they are more busy with Tom Cruise and paris hilton kissing a dog in somalia ...

202 Number

If anyone has had any luck with trying to get the case status by calling the 202 nnumber themselves, please let me know. I'm really dying to get the status of my case, but don't want to involve my employer or attorney unless it is really critical.

Please share your thought.

GotGC?? said:
If anyone has had any luck with trying to get the case status by calling the 202 nnumber themselves, please let me know. I'm really dying to get the status of my case, but don't want to involve my employer or attorney unless it is really critical.

Please share your thought.

boss, get ur friend(girl preferred) or wife, who has a decent accent and talk good English, give the 202 number and your case number, can ask her to pretend her to be ur boss(now pls dont get wild ideas ):), and call to find the status of your case. the guy on the other side will ask, who he is talking to, and ur friend needs to say, that he is your team lead, and needs to find the status of this labor application. simple!!

just got certified

just got the LC certified letter from employer, didn't call lawyer yet to check if he gets the original.
certified date 8/18/06 ( actually when I checked with the 202 number on 17th, I was told it's under final review...)

I am not sure what you say

GotGC?? said:
One small correction: The I-140 ceases to "belong" to the employer 6 months after the I-485 is filed, provided the underlying I-140 has been approved.

If that is the case, then it violates AC21 portability rule which allows you to change company 6 months are your 140 is approved AND/OR 485 IS NOT FILED.

Looks like a wave of approvals for 2002

Looks like they have suddenly started approvals in the last couple of days. I see a lot of approvals. I hope I get mine in this new wave of approvals :)PBEC is working in waves it seems.

AC21 allows you change employers after 180 days (6 months) of applying for I-485. At that time, the I-140 is not tied to the employer, and therefore the employer can not revoke it (there are still other issues in this situation such as what happens if the 485 gets RFE or denied).

But before 6 montsh has passed since 485 is applied, or 485 is not applied yet (with an approved I-140), the employer can still revoke the I-140.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
If that is the case, then it violates AC21 portability rule which allows you to change company 6 months are your 140 is approved AND/OR 485 IS NOT FILED.

Waiting and waiting

Just spoke to a lady in PBEC. Se told me that my case is being processed, however a typical case take 6 months to a year from the time they receive the 45 day letter until they actually process it. As you can see, my PD is fairly old. Congratulations to those whose LC was approved.

PD: NY April 28 2001, Non RIR
45 DL: December 2005, replied after a week
Frustrating wait and nothing else :mad:

2004 Labor approved

2002calabor said:
Looks like they have suddenly started approvals in the last couple of days. I see a lot of approvals. I hope I get mine in this new wave of approvals :)PBEC is working in waves it seems.
One of my known person's labor filed December 22, 2004 was approved. He is not working in any non-profit organizations and is a Software Engineer. His is EB2.