Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

sm11299 said:
All,

My labor was approved yesterday. EB2 with PD of May 9 2001 and Indian origin. My PD was current once. I understand that vasa numbers are unavailable for EB2/India category.

Here are my questions :
1) After october, what are the chances that the visa numbers are available ?

2) If visa numbers are available, can they move the previous current date backwards ? That is, if in the past the 'current date' was May 2002, can they move it backwards to May 2001.

3) If visa numbers are NOT available, any guess on how many months or years it would take for visa numbers to be available again ?

Thanks,
sm11299

You are May 2001 and EB2 you do not have much to worry. Even if EB2 moves backward a bit it will not go beyond May 2001. You are fine, just wait couple of months and file for 485 once dates open. Get 140 approved by then and you are good.

Good Luck!

H-1B extension delays

Hi,

This question isn't directly related to labor but I would really appreciate the response.
I did file for 8th yr extension in June and seems there is a delay going on for H-1b extension. I do have the receipt no. can I change it to premium processing by paying $1000 by submitting the receipt (as I have already submitted all the necessary h-1b papers earlier).

Thanks

VA Labor Approved - Now What

Hi Folks,

My VA Labor was approved in June 2006

( PD was Nov 2002)

My lawyer told me to file before August to be able to file I140 and 485 (EB2) simultaneouly..

My application reached USICS on July 28th.

Did I make it??

Also - can someone recommend the right forum for me to go to next..

I am so used to this forum for the past 4 yrs..hard for me to let go!!

Good Luck to all

RIRLabor2002 said:
Hi,

This question isn't directly related to labor but I would really appreciate the response.
I did file for 8th yr extension in June and seems there is a delay going on for H-1b extension. I do have the receipt no. can I change it to premium processing by paying $1000 by submitting the receipt (as I have already submitted all the necessary h-1b papers earlier).

Thanks

Yes you can change it to be premium processing. I have applied for 8th year extension on June 30th and I got receipt number on July 21st or something, it took almost 3 weeks. Reason my lawyer gave me is the Vermont Service center is sending cases to California. I don't know why, there was something about this on Murthy a while back.

gcmail said:
Hi Folks,

My VA Labor was approved in June 2006

( PD was Nov 2002)

My lawyer told me to file before August to be able to file I140 and 485 (EB2) simultaneouly..

My application reached USICS on July 28th.

Did I make it??

Also - can someone recommend the right forum for me to go to next..

I am so used to this forum for the past 4 yrs..hard for me to let go!!

Good Luck to all

I think you made it :)

Thanks GC_LOver..

Can you explain why I made it - what was special about filing before August?? - I know I know I am quite ignorant about all this..:)

I applied for my 9th year H1B extension in July in Premium Processing.
I got the approval in 5 days.

I don't know why, my employer-attorney combo was adamant on going with premium processing this year. [The sad part is, they decide what/how/when to do but I will have to pay for everything. :)]

You can definitely convert your application to premium processing.

RIRLabor2002 said:
Hi,

Thanks

RIRLabor2002,
H1 Ext Premium processing is possible but unless it is absolutely necessary why waste 1000$.

thanks VA_AUG_2002, for the info. Makes sense to me know. I guess I am lucky ( though its a matter of relativeness, if waiting for 4 yrs just for Labor is lucky or not)

from your email, I guess your Labor is not yet approved?

gcmail said:
thanks VA_AUG_2002, for the info. Makes sense to me know. I guess I am lucky ( though its a matter of relativeness, if waiting for 4 yrs just for Labor is lucky or not)

from your email, I guess your Labor is not yet approved?
I didn't mean to offend you or that you didn't deserve the approval but you sure stand out in the crowd here.

Mosty of us here has made this site as our home page and keep visiting number of times a day and in the process of waiting for years, learnt about LC and entire GC process (I am sure some people can start their consultancy on GC process :)).

Nope, my Labor is not approved yet...still eagerly waiting for the email and/or snail mail.

va_aug_2002 said:
I didn't mean to offend you or that you didn't deserve the approval but you sure stand out in the crowd here.

Mosty of us here has made this site as our home page and keep visiting number of times a day and in the process of waiting for years, learnt about LC and entire GC process (I am sure some people can start their consultancy on GC process :)).

Nope, my Labor is not approved yet...still eagerly waiting for the email and/or snail mail.
aah..I long stopped taking offense to any thing said on this board...4-5 yrs ofwaiting for a stupid LC/GC, and things will be said.

Good Luck. Hopefully you will have your LC cleared V. soon

Case Reopened

I was able to successfully re-open my case in 3 days. Had lawyer sent email to the email address specified by the BEC bulletin. I encourage everyone who has not received the 45 day letter to do the same before the 10th, if you can confirm thru the 202 number that your file is closed. In my case my file was closed in Jan 2005 - no 45 day letter nor case closure letter. I am so glad I was able to open this file. Good luck to everyone!

ad123 said:
I was able to successfully re-open my case in 3 days. Had lawyer sent email to the email address specified by the BEC bulletin. I encourage everyone who has not received the 45 day letter to do the same before the 10th, if you can confirm thru the 202 number that your file is closed. In my case my file was closed in Jan 2005 - no 45 day letter nor case closure letter. I am so glad I was able to open this file. Good luck to everyone!

Wow! Where is your case - PBEC or DBEC? What is your PD? My email was July 13, still nothing :(