Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Phew...

mrcMD said:
Hi All. I got an email from my lawyer that my case been certified.
Thanks everybody for all the information and I hope everybody got cerified
soon.

EB2 RIR
sesa rec date: sept 2001
45 days letters: jan 2005
certified:May 16, 2006

Phew ...lets hope that its not one of those random cases !!

Congrats buddy !!

Can you share more details like Regional date and Your P-number.

45 day letter received

Finally I received today (5/23/2006) my loved 45 day letter. I know this is not the end, but at least it confirm that my case is still open.

Hopefully labor get approved soon.

T to P Number

I know this may have been amswered before, but still can one of the gurus please explain what happens when a T-XXXXXX case number changes to a P-XXXX case number?
Mine changed today. Can I expect to get the 45 day letter soon?
Any response highly appreciated.

State - NY
PD Dec 12, 2002

ksurjan said:
I know this may have been amswered before, but still can one of the gurus please explain what happens when a T-XXXXXX case number changes to a P-XXXX case number?
Mine changed today. Can I expect to get the 45 day letter soon?
Any response highly appreciated.

State - NY
PD Dec 12, 2002

Yes when a case changes from T to P, it means that they have finished the data entry for that case and it should generate a 45 day letter. Though we do not know exactly the time frame for the 45 day letter to be printed and sent out .... So hang on it is on its way :)

You are next

I don't think its random.

As this is MD case, they probably touched Maryland cases again starting with older priority dates. So you should hear from them very soon.

Sometimes it looks like they are processing based on a combination of received at regional date and priority date before 2003.

atyagi73 said:
Phew ...lets hope that its not one of those random cases !!

Congrats buddy !!

Can you share more details like Regional date and Your P-number.

NJ Oct 22 2002 EB2 RIR approval

poppyjoy
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2002

LC Approval

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PD: October 22, 2002
45 Day Letter Received : NO
Labor Approved - May 18,2006
EB2 RIR

44 approvals in may from PBEC so far this month. The most ever :) If the trend continues, 2003 approvals should start coming in around end of june / early july. 2004 cases should start coming in around nevember of this year.

Let see if the trend actually hold :)

Good

This is really good. Helps a lot of people after getting their labor if they want to quickly be done with the employer part of the EB immigration process. I hope it works like the H1-B premium processing in approving cases faster.

manwithnoname said:
Source: Immigration Law

05/23/2006: USCIS Designates I-140, EB-Based I-539, EB-Based I-765 for Premium Processing Services

USCIS designated, effective today, these legal proceedings to eligible for the premium processing services. Unlike some previous information released through other sources, this designation does not indicate that the USCIS will suspend or terminate the concurrent I-140/I-485 filing. Good news. For the designation rule, please click here

USCIS also released another rule to inform the customers of the premium processing services that the services will be managed and operated flexibly and the USCIS will use its website to notify the public of the dates of availability of premium processing services. For this announcement, please click here

What are they doing with older cases?

saknia said:
poppyjoy
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2002

LC Approval

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PD: October 22, 2002
45 Day Letter Received : NO
Labor Approved - May 18,2006
EB2 RIR

I have a pd of Jul 2002, Ca but no news. Is there any harm in checking status from the DOL. Is there any concept of group filing.

PD Jul 2002,ca,eb2,RIR

gcqjul2002 said:
I have a pd of Jul 2002, Ca but no news. Is there any harm in checking status from the DOL. Is there any concept of group filing.

PD Jul 2002,ca,eb2,RIR

My office colleague got his approval

CA,Eb3, Nov 2002

Seeing approvals inching closer to our PDs does feel good. However, having been through that already I must warn, one swallow doesn't make a summer! There are a number of us who saw our PDs come and go, but are yet to see our case approved....

MDwatch said:
44 approvals in may from PBEC so far this month. The most ever :) If the trend continues, 2003 approvals should start coming in around end of june / early july. 2004 cases should start coming in around nevember of this year.
Let see if the trend actually hold :)

sbdol said:
Do you think so ?
Look here
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20061800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2006/pdf/06-1248.pdf

Department is
proposing in § 656.12(b) to prohibit
employers from seeking or receiving
payment of any kind, from any source,
for filing an ETA Form 750 or an ETA
Form 9089 or for other actions in
connection with the permanent labor
certification process. Prohibited
payments would include, but not be
limited to: Employer fees for hiring the
alien beneficiary; receiving ‘‘kickbacks’’
of part of the alien beneficiary’s pay

Don't know it this was adopted though.

And here is the explanation:

Included in this change would be a prohibition against the beneficiary paying, directly or indirectly, attorney's fees and costs related to preparation, filing, and obtaining a labor certification

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_elisub.html

Read it very carefully. "Prohibit emploers from seeking or receiving
payment of any kind, from any source" What it means is that if emploer wants some money from business of helping you with a GC (including companys' lawyer)- he can't do it- it says nothing about "Emploee" paying his own lawyer to fill out the forms-it prohibits employer from charging you wheather it is legitimate or not-period. And it makes sense- if emploer wants to hire you so much- he should pay for those fees.

MannyD said:
Seeing approvals inching closer to our PDs does feel good. However, having been through that already I must warn, one swallow doesn't make a summer! There are a number of us who saw our PDs come and go, but are yet to see our case approved....

Thank you for stating the obvious :) the erratic behavior of PBEC is always the unknown ... but the general trend should move as I stated before. I say wait another three weeks and the trend should either get confirmed or evaporate ...

But you are right. This is only my take on the data we have and it is to be taken with great deal of caution :)

good for next semester!

good to know we can bribe in the next semester if we want to. hope we(studying in PBEC university) can get out of this never ending first semester and graduate soon from our final 6yr degree GCH!.

manwithnoname said:
Source: Immigration Law

05/23/2006: USCIS Designates I-140, EB-Based I-539, EB-Based I-765 for Premium Processing Services

MannyD said:
I feel for you. Only thing we can do at this point is to query with proper sources (HR/Lawyer). If many ppl do that then at least there will be some movement otherwise we will experience it like 2001 ppl still pending….
:mad: :mad:
--Ladude
PD July 2002 EB3 CA

Last edited by a moderator:
Same sentiments here

:mad:
ladude10 said:
I feel for you. Only thing we can do at this point is to query with proper sources (HR/Lawyer). If many ppl do that then at least there will be some movement otherwise we will experience it like 2001 ppl still pending….
:mad: :mad:
--Ladude
PD July 2002 EB3 CA
PD July 2002 EB3 CA

khogaye said:
Called PBEC to know my case status and lady told me that she cannot let me know the status. However, she mentioned that 45 days letter dispatch will be completed by June 2006 and after that they will focus on approvals. Extremely frustrating .............VA/FEB28-2002/RIR/45 DAYS LETTER RECEIVED AND REPLIED ON FEB11,2005

There are many with you but good thing is at least you gave a try like some of us. We have to keep trying otherwise I dont see any end.... at least not close...

ladude10 CA EB3 July 2002
:) :)
“Don’t ever give up on something or someone that you can’t go a full day without thinking About”
Unknown source

saknia said:
Hi

Has your case made it to Regional before getting transfered to PBEC

If so Can you tell me when your case went to Regional ( Philly) before Backlog started . They transfered case to PBEC in Oct-Dec 2004 time frame. What I am looking for is to get your RD date prior to that

This will help in coming to conclusion on RD Priority. Iam thinking that all Regional cases they have set a Priority based on the Receipt date. That combined with Labor PD and 45 Day letter date detrmines your turn in the Queue

Thanks saknia for taking interest! My case was transferred to Philly in August,2003 and moved to PBEC on 09/02/2004. ETA case no. P-04246-xxxxx. Please let me know if you reach on any conclusion.

Still waiting

I have a PD of 09/2002 and am also waiting. Maybe I should get my lawyer to check the status?

gcqjul2002 said:

PD Jul 2002,ca,eb2,RIR