Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Alive and waiting - aug 2001 MD

narayana_pan said:
Every body has their won belief on one good person good mouth….
So… we should not discourage any body buddy.
No serious pls..
:rolleyes:

Any ideas?

Hi Saknia/gurus,

My case has the priority date of 3-July-2002 and is EB3/RIR/NY. Recvd the 45-day letter in June 05 and replied immediately ETA is 05125-XXXX). I see a lot of cases from 2002 getting approved. Do you think I am close to getting approved? Any light on this confusing mess would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to the guys and gals on this forum for all the help and support. Good luck and God Bless you all!

:D

Please add my info and answer the query if possible

ETA Case Number: T-05140-xxxxx
Processing Type: RIR
Priority Date: 02/28/2003
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
45 Day letter : Still waiting

Hopefully one day they will work on my case, also guys I have a question on H1b 7th year extension. I did get the screen shot from PBEC. My question is when I apply for the visa extension will it be extended to the extra number of days that I was out of the country. For example I was in India for 7 months for the 2001 year and about 2 months for the year 2006. Please advice

Text of Bill

Relevant section from Sen. Cornyn Bill. First time I have seen a bill with some relief for DOL backlog in addition to retrogression. If the bill makes it further, I hope the members in this forum will support it through faxes, etc.

Section 303. Eliminating Procedural Delays in Labor Certification Process.

* Requires the Department of Labor to process all applications filed prior to the electronic PERM system within six months of enactment. Clarifies the Department of Labor’s process in providing prevailing wage determinations and requires the Department of Labor to establish a website to post open job orders.

NJPD022003 said:

Hopefully one day they will work on my case, also guys I have a question on H1b 7th year extension. I did get the screen shot from PBEC. My question is when I apply for the visa extension will it be extended to the extra number of days that I was out of the country. For example I was in India for 7 months for the 2001 year and about 2 months for the year 2006. Please advice
For H1B extension You will get extra 7 + 2 = 9 months.

Just document you date of entry and exits and I-94 numbers if you remember.

Make sure you convey this to your lawyer that you want to reclaim this time.

Pending VA EB RIR cases Feb 2002 - June 2002

There have been a good number of approvals of VA EB RIR cases that have priority dates in the range, Feb 2002 - June 2002 and that already cleared state level. Lately this streak has started extending into July - Sept (my company recently received an approval for a Aug 2002 VA RIR case from PBEC). However, there are some of us who fall in this range and have still not seen the light of the day. I have tried to compile an approximate listing of the pending cases below (arranged by PD):

khogaye Feb ??, 2002
potomac Feb 1, 2002
nkindia Feb 27, 2002
GCDALPHIL Mar 11, 2002
luckyluck Mar 19, 2002
immi_info Mar ??, 2002
Z0002 Apr 19, 2002
krik May 1, 2002
akela May 3, 2002
halleycomet86 May 14, 2002
ben123 May 17, 2002
Kiran00 May 17, 2002
sameer2730 May 17, 2002
leo09-friend May 17, 2002
gc_psraj May 20, 2002
flyingwhiz June 1, 2002
ij_2002 June 1, 2002

As far as I can tell, there is nothing unusual about this group. I can't seem to come up with an explanation why these cases are still pending. What we do know is the following:
i) They are all RIR cases that already cleared State level.
ii) They made it to regional around the same time-frame as the other cases (from the same PD range) that have been cleared by PBEC.
iii) Most cases received the 45 day letter around the same time-frame as the other cases (from the same PD range) that have been cleared by PBEC. This time-frame is late 2004 - early 2005.

Saknia and others, any thoughts on why this group is still "stuck"? I know this is a speculative question and anyone else's guess is probably as good as mine, but I am wondering if someone may be able to throw a different perspective on this.

Good luck to us all.

Question to rajipillai

You recently posted information in another thread about 5 approvals for PDs around April 2002. Which state were they from and were they RIR or TR cases?

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1411460&postcount=19
rajipillai
April 2002 and 2003 approval

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,

My friends company got 5 approvals this month for Eb3 catergory which was applied in April 2002.

halleycomet86 said:
There have been a good number of approvals of VA EB RIR cases that have priority dates in the range, Feb 2002 - June 2002 and that already cleared state level. Lately this streak has started extending into July - Sept (my company recently received an approval for a Aug 2002 VA RIR case from PBEC). However, there are some of us who fall in this range and have still not seen the light of the day. I have tried to compile an approximate listing of the pending cases below (arranged by PD):

khogaye Feb ??, 2002
potomac Feb 1, 2002
nkindia Feb 27, 2002
GCDALPHIL Mar 11, 2002
luckyluck Mar 19, 2002
immi_info Mar ??, 2002
Z0002 Apr 19, 2002
krik May 1, 2002
akela May 3, 2002
ben123 May 17, 2002
Kiran00 May 17, 2002
sameer2730 May 17, 2002
gc_psraj May 20, 2002
flyingwhiz June 1, 2002
ij_2002 June 1, 2002

As far as I can tell, there is nothing unusual about this group. I can't seem to come up with an explanation why these cases are still pending. What we do know is the following:
ii) They made it to regional around the same time-frame as the other cases (from the same PD range) that have been cleared by PBEC.
iii) Most cases received the 45 day letter around the same time-frame as the other cases (from the same PD range) that have been cleared by PBEC. This time-frame is late 2004 - early 2005.

Saknia and others, any thoughts on why this group is still "stuck"? I know this is a speculative question and anyone else's guess is probably as good as mine, but I am wondering if someone may be able to throw a different perspective on this.

Good luck to us all.

halleycomet86 said:

khogaye Feb ??, 2002
potomac Feb 1, 2002
nkindia Feb 27, 2002
GCDALPHIL Mar 11, 2002
luckyluck Mar 19, 2002
immi_info Mar ??, 2002
Z0002 Apr 19, 2002
krik May 1, 2002
akela May 3, 2002
ben123 May 17, 2002
Kiran00 May 17, 2002
sameer2730 May 17, 2002
gc_psraj May 20, 2002
flyingwhiz June 1, 2002
ij_2002 June 1, 2002

Good luck to us all.

Hi

I could only Guess o this like you said ( as trying to analyze and make sense with PBEC is not worth it)

These could be possible reasons for this

1) Someone mentioned about Officers getting transferred from DBEC to PBEC .It is possible that this might have happened and they were assigned cases from 3 or 4 states (VA, CA, NJ etc) starting from PD of June 2002 and above. Plus since they are from DBEC they are acting fast and hence these approvals. Cases before June 2002 and pending with Current officers are not touched while they are allowed to get rotten with the Old Officers itself till they decide to move their Butt and Act some day

2) PBEC is going with some kind of FIFO which might be based on this

Any Two these might be true to qualify

a) Receipt Date at Regional
b) PD of Filing
c) 45 Day Letter Receipt Date

( Exceptions could be some Non RIR Cases approved among these)

Third and final one could be: Some foolish formula devised by PBEC to select a case for approval.

If Scenario 1 is True: We can expect the speed to pick up soon and reach Dec 2002 in a month’s time and which will bring a case for the others to move approved these pending cases

In Scenario 2 is True – All these will see Light SOON

In Scenario 3 – Only God can help these Guys

I wish and Pray the Scenario 2 is True and that all will see Light Real Soon

Saknia,

Thanks for your perspectives. You are right - trying to analyze and make sense of what's going on is probably not worth it. Let's just hope and pray that all of us will get our LCs cleared soon.

bigbang2001 said:
I aplogise if I offenede someone but look at atyagi73. he is Dec 2001 and look at 10/2002

There is no pattern no prediction . It is the nearest box which hands can reach and if you are luck you file is in that box.

I agree with you on pattern. But Prediction is a Guess and Luck thing which might work. Iam happy if I predict and that makes some one get out of this Hole soon

While my Mind cannot accept that My hand are doing that work hoping to give solace to a fellow Buddy. While it may sound unscientific it is human I think

I have no problem with your comments and I wish you get it this month to beleive that

Guys with PD 2001 are the worst . Let us all Wish atyagi gets it this week

Finally my labor is approved, I received approved letter to my home address
Here is detail information about my case

Priority Date : Sep 23, 2002
State : CA
RIR , EB2
45 Day letter received : March 15, 2005
45 Day letter replied : March 16, 2005
My case number P-4320-00XXX
labor approved : April27, 2006

This forum is vey useful and saknia pattern to predict is 95% accurate. I hope everybody gets through this mess.

saknia said:
I agree with you on pattern. But Prediction is a Guess and Luck thing which might work. Iam happy if I predict and that makes some one get out of this Hole soon

While my Mind cannot accept that My hand are doing that work hoping to give solace to a fellow Buddy. While it may sound unscientific it is human I think

I have no problem with your comments and I wish you get it this month to beleive that

I hope I get it this week too

Cause my life is at a fork awaiting my final decision to choose which path to take.... I wish all of us get out of this mess soon... very soon.... thanks Saknia...

saknia said:

skipped over cases

I had a chat with my paralegal after a long time and here're are some of her comments relevant to current discussion:

- PBEC, no doubt is certifying a lot of cases lately, but there's a lot of inconsistency in terms of PD and FIFO
- one thing to notice, not a single rejection (at her law firm), but a lot of approvals (she'll not give the details)
- since there are no rejections, this makes her believe that they will revisit "skipped over" cases after June 06
- "god knows what criteria they are using to certify one case and leave out others"
- "could be some educational/job requirement issues they are looking at" - she was not 100% sure
- she presumes they must have "glanced at" skipped over cases and thinks that every case is different

These are all her own speculations.

Bottom line: Nobody knows what's happening at PBEC. Why there're these many skipped over cases?

Has anybody come across any rejection/NOF/RFE from either of the BECs?

Congratulations to all who got their approval recently! And good luck to all!

saknia said:

Is it possible that they are right now certifying the slam dunk cases (outright EB2 cases that require Masters degree or clear-cut EB3 cases) and planning to revisit the borderline cases later (when?).

But, then, I'd have thought EB category has nothing to do at the LC stage....

vine95050 said:
I had a chat with my paralegal after a long time and here're are some of her comments relevant to current discussion:

- PBEC, no doubt is certifying a lot of cases lately, but there's a lot of inconsistency in terms of PD and FIFO
- one thing to notice, not a single rejection (at her law firm), but a lot of approvals (she'll not give the details)
- since there are no rejections, this makes her believe that they will revisit "skipped over" cases after June 06
- "god knows what criteria they are using to certify one case and leave out others"
- "could be some educational/job requirement issues they are looking at" - she was not 100% sure
- she presumes they must have "glanced at" skipped over cases and thinks that every case is different

These are all her own speculations.

Bottom line: Nobody knows what's happening at PBEC. Why there're these many skipped over cases?

Has anybody come across any rejection/NOF/RFE from either of the BECs?

Congratulations to all who got their approval recently! And good luck to all!

Amen..

saknia said:

I will send sweets to your address :)

special handling cases

saknia , others , what is the criteria of these special handling cases, who qualifies,what do u precdict about early 2004 PD cases, should they be getting approved towards end of this year( do we have a lot of 2003 cases pending as well)

NJPD022003 said:

You are allowed to ask extension for the number of days you were out of the country, so if you are applying for 7th year extension and if they consider your request, you might be given 1 year 9 months extension, but you need to produce proofs (like airtickets..), In my case I submitted photo copies of the arrival and departure seals that is there in my passport.

My Extension is approved, I am waiting for the approval letter to check if my request has been favorably considered.