Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

HI MannyD

Hi MannyD

My Case number P04-247-*******
it means it entered into system in 04?????
I dnt got any approval... ...... :mad:

********************************************************************************************************************
21st April 2006, 06:50 PM

MannyD
Registered User Join Date: Nov 2004

PBECIsKillingMe

05 = YY of year in which the data entry occurred.
146 = day of year in which the data entry occurred.
Remaining five numbers following that is some sort of serial number.

HI Saknia

HI Saknia
Last Month I sent out mail to Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center , to day I got the response for mail here is the screen shot…
I need your advice for can I send the request for screen shot for 7 th year exn . mail id or wait for that?
Case NO :p04-247

Dear Requestor:

The subject case has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst. Due to the large volume of LC Applications currently being processed by the Backlog Elimination Center; we are unable to provide you with an exact processing time. If you need additional information, please visit the following Internet website:

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/

There is no need to submit multiple requests. If you have not already received one, the next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa, please send an e-mail to:

h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us

Your patience is appreciated.

Order of processing

saknia said:
I was under the impression that 45days letter and Pd is driving the approval

Now I think it is combination of these 3 - 1) PD 2) RD 3) 45 days letter reply date

RIR CA EB3
PD July 29,2002
RD Aug 08,2003
45 day letter sent 05/23/2005

In this case 45 day letter is May 2005 and PD is July 2002 ( while people who replied before Mar 2005 are waiting with PD before july 2002 - Why this . Only answer could be RD Aug 2003

Has any one has dates before this and has PD before July 02 and 45 day letter replied before May 2005

Here goes my details:

PD: Sep 12 2002
RD: Jul 25 2003
45 day letter: Feb 2005
Repl' date: Feb 2005
CA/RIR/EB3

If they were going by the combination of the three, then perhaps I should expect mine in another month for sure. But I am not sure on what basis they are processing in PBEC?

Thanks

hebron said:
Hi N_Hampshire,
Did you LC case go to Boston DOL before being sent to Phily BEC?

PD - Sep 2004
Sent to Boston DOL - around Jan 2005.
Sent to Phily BEC - All pending cases from Boston DOl were sent around Sep 2005
45 day letter - Not yet

Hi
In the screen shot case source is rigon so I guess it was transfered to Boston before PBEC. did you receive your 45 day letter?

Last edited by a moderator:
N_Hampshire said:
Hi
In the screen shot case source is rigon so I guess it was transfered before PBEC. did you receive your 45 day letter?

No i have not received my 45 day letter. My case was transferred to PBEC in Sep 2005. DO you know when your case was trnasferred to PBEC?

saknia said:
Good thought. But there are pertinent delays expected in this. Read this

04/14/2006: PERM "Refiling" and Processing Delays

Some employers have filed a PERM application with the option to retain the priority date of their identical labor certification application pending at the Backlog Elimination Center. According to the AILA, such PERM applications cannot be adjudicated by PERM National Processing Centers until the backlog case files are transferred to the PERM processing center. This causes delays in the decision of PERM application.

Looks like, THE bottomline is that PEBC is a curse, either way, whether you stay there or convert to PERM.
It sucks...

Estimated time frame for PBEC '02 approvals(IMHO)

folks,

I can see that queue has moved on to Aug-Sep '02 cases by now...going by this rate, I would assume that they would move according to following time frame.

End of May’06 - all Aug-Sep'02 cases approved
End of June - All Sep-Oct'02 cases
July- lets assume they didn’t work much and consider like 4th July weekend etc...Still stuck on OCt'02 cases
(we need to consider that number of cases filed on Nov and Dec were considerably low due to Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday)
Aug - Nov'02
Sept - Dec'02...

PBEC being PBEC, I would give them extra month ..So I would estimate that 2002 cases would be done by Oct end.....

Feel free to comment on it but as I said it’s my ball park estimate based on my understanding, whatever limited it may be.

PD : 12/20/02/EB3/RIR/PA

Last edited by a moderator:
2001 cases..

gc_ka_wait said:
folks,

I can see that queue has moved on to Aug-Sep '02 cases by now...going by this rate, I would assume that they would move according to following time frame.

July- lets assume they didn’t work much and consider like 4th July weekend etc...Still stuck on OCt'02 cases
(we need to consider that number of cases filed on Nov and Dec were considerably low due to Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday)
Aug - Nov'02
Sept - Dec'02...

PBEC being PBEC, I would give them extra month ..So I would estimate that 2002 cases would be done by Oct end.....

Feel free to comment on it but as I said it’s my ball park estimate based on my understanding, whatever limited it may be.

Do not want to discourage you but please note that there are 2001 cases still pending.

Irrelevant question ...

Please excuse me for asking this question here.

How early I can apply for H1 extension ?

Thanks for your attention.

alabor said:
Did any one from Harrisburg, PA receive the 45 day letter from Phili BEC?
I did. Here are my details:

State : PA (Harrisburg)
PD : Apr 28, 2003
RIR/EB2
Case # : P04265****
45 letter : Sometime in Mar 2005

hebron said:
No i have not received my 45 day letter. My case was transferred to PBEC in Sep 2005. DO you know when your case was trnasferred to PBEC?
No idea
--------------------------------
State - NH (RIR) EB3
PD - Nov, 2004
RD - Source - Rigon
45 day letter from Philly BEC - Oct 2005
ETA Case #P-05175-84XXX

gc_ka_wait said:
folks,

Aug - Nov'02
Sept - Dec'02...

If data entry is complete by June then things might speed up a bit.

DOL information from other web site

The United States Department of Labor has recently released statistics
covering the processing of labor certification cases since March 28, 2005, the
date on which PERM labor certification began. The backlog numbers are as of
March 2006.

PERM Cases

Cases filed – 80,272 Cases audited – 24,

Cases certified – 36,687

Cases withdrawn – 1,950

Cases denied – 23,205

Please note that the denials are based on a variety of causes, and, according
to DOL, most have been refiled and ultimately approved. The remaining cases
are still pending.

Backlog Cases

Cases filed – over 363,000

Cases completed – over 108,000

Certifications issued – approximately 50,000

Cases still pending – approximately 255,000

DOL notes that they believe that they have identified all special handling
cases and contacted them. They also state that they are on track to complete
full data entry by June 30, 2006.

Getting a credit card and a loan while waiting for LC

I know this topic has been closed... but I still want to share my experience on getting loans while being on a long-long wait for LC, with a hope that it can help somebody on this forum. So, the question they usually ask is whether you're a "permanent resident". However, you can be:
1. Lawful permanent resident (a GC holder)
2. Tax resident (substantial presense test: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc851.html)
3. Permanent resident (who knows what does this mean...)

So, unless I'm asked about my immigration status or whether I'm a "lawful permanent resident", I'm always replying that I'm a "permanent resident". I do this because I believe that being a tax resident, working here, being eligible for college tuition (not at draconian prices), being eligible to bring my son to a public school at no cost and being physically present in this country throughout a year means that I'm a "permanent resident" here. If they don't like this approach, they should word their questions correctly. Once you click that checkbox, you have no problem obtaining a credit card, a loan or a mortgage at a good rate (assuming your credit history is good).

Note that this is not an advise, but purely a personal opinion. Evaluate it and use it at your own risk : )

IGor,
The question of in-state college tuition has been bothering me a lot, since I have a high school junior at home. So it is your understanding that H4 are eligible for In-state college tuition, not foreign student tuition? And what about scholarships? What are the opportunitites there?
I am in Florida, and there is a bill being discussed for children of illegal immigrants having access to in-state tuition. My child has H4, so she is not illegal; she does not have GC, so she is not Legal. I am lost!!!! By the way, when we came here, she was in elementary school!! The freaking labor has been applied for since 2002 and was sent to Atlanta since July 2003, and I do not have the 45-day letter yet.

Pls do Fax & Email Today!!

Nationwide RALLY of mail, fax, email, phone ON April 20, 24 & 25

Please feel free to customize your letter. Bold the main points.
Keep the full content in all letters (including TO & CC addresses), It could come to 4 pages or so.

Send Postal Mails on April 20
Send Fax and Emails on April 24
Make Phone calls on 24 th and 25 th - Ask about the fax and letters you send.

I’m sure it will work some result if Whitehouse receive say 1000 letters…I guess 200,000+ people and their family is waiting for LCA.

In short, 1 + 12 letters will be going out to,

TO
1. President

CC
2. President’s chief of staff
3. Vice President
4. Vice President’s chief of staff
5. Labor secretary
6. Labor secretary Chief of Staff
7. Labor Deputy Secretary
8. Labor Associate Deputy Secretary
9. Stephen Stefanko - Certification Manager
10. John Barlett - Certification Manager
11. Ms. Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of State
12. Ms. Karen P. Hughes, Under Secretary, Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs

Let your friends also know…Let’s make it a success

Sub: Huge Administrative Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at Department Of Labor

Dear Mr. President,

Hope your family and you are doing well.

I would like to bring to your attention the huge administrative delay in LCA approval process at DOL’s two Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC), most notably the Philadelphia BEC. I started my application with DOL 4 years back. Two years have passed since the commencement of two BECs, but till now I have not received the approvals. There is not even an option for status check or an indication when my application will be considered.

My family and I are suffering constantly in numerous ways due to these delays. To list a few, my spouse doesn’t get the work permit, I can’t change the job, due to such insecurity we can’t buy a house or take a meaningful vacation etc. We are considering leaving USA to my home country, winding up the American dream. May be it was a big mistake in my life to come to USA after working hard on my engineering college degree and leaving behind a nice job in my home country. Now I have ended up fighting DOL’s Administrative Delays and its stone-age process which seems like a long dark tunnel, with no light in sight.

I will be highly obliged if you could look into this matter as soon as possible and take necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

Thank You Mr. President.

In appreciation of your leadership and resolve,

Sincerely

Name
City, State, Zip code

To: (Mail/Fax/E-mail)

President

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Fax: 202-456-2461
president@whitehouse.gov

CC: (Mail/Fax/E-mail)

Vice President
President’s Chief of Staff
Vice President’s Chief of Staff

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Fax: 202-456-2461

comments@whitehouse.gov,vice_president@whitehouse.gov,

Department of Labor

Ms. Elaine L. Chao, Secretary of Labor (202) 693-6000
Mr. Paul T. Conway, Chief of Staff (202) 693-6007
Mr. Steven J. Law, Deputy Secretary (202) 693-6000
Ms. Laura Genero, Associate Deputy Secretary (202) 693-6000

U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210
202-693-2768

Stephen Stefanko - Certification Manager
ETA- Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
Division of Foreign Labor Certification
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 220
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
FAX: (484) 270-1600

John Barlett - Certification Manager
ETA - Dallas Backlog Elimination Center
Division of Foreign Labor
700 North Pearl St., Suite 400N
Dallas, Texas 75201
FAX: (214) 237-9135

Department of State

Ms. Condoleezza Rice
Secretary of State
Ms. Karen P. Hughes
Under Secretary, Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs

U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

Senate
John_McCain@McCain.senate.gov, senator@akaka.senate.gov, senator@biden.senate.gov, senator_bingaman@bingaman.senate.gov, senator_byrd@byrd.senate.gov, senator@clinton.senate.gov, senator@conrad.senate.gov, senator@dorgan.senate.gov, russell_feingold@feingold.senate.gov, tom_harkin@harkin.senate.gov, vermont@jeffords.senate.gov, tim@johnson.senate.gov, senator@kennedy.senate.gov, john_kerry@kerry.senate.gov, senator_leahy@leahy.senate.gov, senator@levin.senate.gov, senator@mikulski.senate.gov, senator_murray@murray.senate.gov, senator@billnelson.senate.gov, jack@reed.senate.gov, senator@rockefeller.senate.gov, senator@schumer.senate.gov, senator@stabenow.senate.gov
Media
belluck@nytimes.com, sundays@cbsnews.com, 48hours@cbsnews.com, jonathan.wald@nbc.com, comments@fareedzakaria.com, jabenn@nytimes.com, abc.news.magazines@abc.com, 2020@abc.com, abc.news.magazines@abc.com, thisweek@abc.com, Dateline@NBC.com, WT@nbc.com, MTP@NBC.com, nightly@nbc.com, today@nbc.com, viewerservices@msnbc.com, msnbcinvestigates@msnbc.com, abramsreport@msnbc.com, countdown@msnbc.com, hardball@msnbc.com, Connected@MSNBC.com, Imus@msnbc.com, allenh@washpost.com, allenm@washpost.com, aranam@washpost.com, argetsinger@washpost.com, rajiv@washpost.com, cheaterry@washpost.com, cohnd@washpost.com, coopermana@washpost.com, apcar@nytimes.com, peappl@nytimes.com, randya@nytimes.com, barbanel@nytimes.com, dabarry@nytimes.com, barstow@nytimes.com, goldbehr@nytimes.com, brian_hill@metronetworks.com, sheberer@pbs.org, ftn@cbsnews.com, betsy.fischer@nbc.com, plorris@univision.net, abenitez@univision.net, steve.majors@nbc.com, mcurtis@njn.org, stu.schutzman@abc.com,muriel.pearson@abc.com, dij@cbsnews.com,lisa.hsia@nbc.com, mail@uttm.com, dij@cbsnews.com, pjh@cbsnews.com,browne@foxnews.com,pls@cbsnews.com,gmartin@express-news.net,opinionjournal@wsj.com, mossberg@wsj.com, geoffrey.fowler@wsj.com,clemons@newamerica.net, lakshmipathy@newamerica.net, white@newamerica.net,friedman@newamerica.net, menon@newamerica.net,letters@nypost.com,letters@washpost.com, wsj.ltrs@wsj.com, josephg@phillynews.com, lakerb@phillynews.com, viewerservices@msnbc.com,
msnbcinvestigates@msnbc.com,abramsreport@msnbc.com,countdown@msnbc.com,hardball@msnbc.com,
Connected@MSNBC.com,Imus@msnbc.com,
nschwartz@fortunemail.com, publisher@forbes.com,
medinar@phillynews.com