Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

StressTestInUSA said:
its very good if tthey finisish off with this dataentry story even before June 06...but again the nightmare is there will be another ocean of files to be adjucticated...

If they need to follow FIFO they have to be 'manually' sorted or placed physically*** Statewise/Datewise(yearwise.monthwise.weekwise and daywise)/RIR.NonRIR wise **** which can be imagined as a marathon event...If it was just a database sorting wud be easy....So FIFO can be ruled out I guess with the Backlog Centres.... In all this ocean dont know where the 245i cases come in the line....!! Hope they r in a different line....

Makes me wonder after the 45 day letter recvd issued..will they touch the real documents we sent-in or they have all info in the system for adjuctication...

They might have been sorting the cases according to FIFO while doing the data entry. Don't rule it out :)

bigbang2001 said:
Is there a way to refile for PERm keeping old PD ?
I saw something at immigration-law but actual comments from INS are not shown and are restricted under AILA web site.

Has anyone heard anything related with this ?

Hi Bigbang2001

I read in an article around this Topic in Murthy's

Here is the reproduction of that

As a reminder to MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers, there is a box on the PERM application that asks whether the PERM case is a re-filing of a pending labor certification case. A re-filing must be identical to the initial filing. If approved and found to be identical, the new case will retain the priority date of the prior case. If this process is attempted by marking the re-filed box "yes," then the pending labor certification is withdrawn automatically.

There has been a lot of speculation, however, as to what happens if there is a pending labor certification but the box is marked "no." For now, the DOL apparently will not withdraw the earlier filed and pending labor certification.

So as per Murthy's if you file PERM and mark Yes in the refiling column you have risk. If you say NO both the application can go parallel.But retaining old prioroty for PERM if that is approved eariler will happen only when you mark Yes

Try filing in perm if you are 2003 & above. Else mainatin PBEC application

saknia said:

Here, the 'above' do you mean 'before' or 'after'?

Base on this logic, my PD is Sept. 2002, should I I maintain PBEC application?

Thanks

StressTestInUSA said:
its very good if tthey finisish off with this dataentry story even before June 06...but again the nightmare is there will be another ocean of files to be adjucticated...

If they need to follow FIFO they have to be 'manually' sorted or placed physically*** Statewise/Datewise(yearwise.monthwise.weekwise and daywise)/RIR.NonRIR wise **** which can be imagined as a marathon event...If it was just a database sorting wud be easy....So FIFO can be ruled out I guess with the Backlog Centres.... In all this ocean dont know where the 245i cases come in the line....!! Hope they r in a different line....

Makes me wonder after the 45 day letter recvd issued..will they touch the real documents we sent-in or they have all info in the system for adjuctication...

hi Stress, no, I don't think it will be a problem at all ... once all cases are in the system, you can establish a real FIFO queue based on PD and type. They won't need the paper forms, because one of the tasks during data entry is to actually scan the paper forms, storing them digitally.

cantstandit said:
hi Stress, no, I don't think it will be a problem at all ... once all cases are in the system, you can establish a real FIFO queue based on PD and type. They won't need the paper forms, because one of the tasks during data entry is to actually scan the paper forms, storing them digitally.

So...lets hope 'Happy days r here again...!!' after June 06...

lvka said:

Thanks

I think you should wait for PBEC. Wait for another 3 months more and then decide based on how PBEC doing by June 2006.

I hope yours is RIR and made to regional and you replied already 45 days letter

In that case you are very close to approval

lvka said:

Thanks

What I mean by ABove is - After

mrcMD said:
I was contacted by my attorney telling me that BEC analyst wanted more info
about the merger of my company with it's sister company. Attorney replied BEC last Friday, Jan 27, 2006. Anybody have Any idea how long it will take to review my case again and give a final decision.

Priority Date: Sept 2001
45 day letter received & replied on around begining of 2005.
Atleast you got some reply from PBEC. Mine is filed in Sep 2001 from MD. No info yet. Can you post more details about your case like RIR/Non RIR,EB2/EB3 and 45 day leteer dates etc.

Can not find this info.

cantstandit said:
this from Shusterman.com

"The target for full data entry and to have 45 day letters sent out on
all cases
is still June 2006. However, DOL hopes to finish even earlier."

Could you please provide the URL for this info at shusterman.com, Thanks

My PD is May 2002 and it did pass VA DOL and went to PA regional. Also I did get my 45 day letter in MArch 2005,a dn replied right way. Sorry did not want burst anybody's optemistic bubble, but we are $crewed in PBEC :(

AbstractVision said:
Do we know that PBEC is approving cases for all SWA cases from June '02 in EB3/ EB2 or just the ones which made it to regional?
My understanding is that ONLY cases that made their way to regional are being approved. Did we see any approval for the cases that were stuck in SWA forever? any idea? :confused:

State : MD
PD : Aug 08 '02
Case Type:RIR/EB3
SWA: Yes
Regional: No
45 days letter : July 28 '05

saknia said:
Hi Bigbang2001

I read in an article around this Topic in Murthy's

Here is the reproduction of that

As a reminder to MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers, there is a box on the PERM application that asks whether the PERM case is a re-filing of a pending labor certification case. A re-filing must be identical to the initial filing. If approved and found to be identical, the new case will retain the priority date of the prior case. If this process is attempted by marking the re-filed box "yes," then the pending labor certification is withdrawn automatically.

There has been a lot of speculation, however, as to what happens if there is a pending labor certification but the box is marked "no." For now, the DOL apparently will not withdraw the earlier filed and pending labor certification.

So as per Murthy's if you file PERM and mark Yes in the refiling column you have risk. If you say NO both the application can go parallel.But retaining old prioroty for PERM if that is approved eariler will happen only when you mark Yes

Thanks Saknia.

Here is what I was referring to:
01/26/2006: BEC Accepts Request for BEC Case Amendment for PERM Re-Filing

* AILA has reported that DOL advised the AILA that "employers who are interested in submitting a PERM refile but, due to the identical issue, would like to amend the pending backlog case first, can go ahead and send in the new information to the Backlog Center."
* It appears that "send in the new information" may be just a first step and eventually the DOL would have to return the original ETA 750 for the amendment by the employer.

The second bullet seems to suggest that changes are allowed in original application.
But risks associated with refile outweigh any need for such action.

munnu77705 said:
how come philly bec takes 1 month for a months labor while dallas takes 1 month for 3 months labor
dallas is 3 times faster

Dallas is following a Process. Now they are clearing all the Regional cases, whether it is 2000, 01, 02,03,04 or 05. After finishing it they will start processing all the state RIR cases starting from 2000. followed by TR cases.
For Philly there is no order. They just drag a box, if the application is for 2003 or beyond, throw it to another corner or to trash bags. :mad: If an analyst get a an application he has to scratch his head :eek: to find out whether it is TR/ RIR from which state etc. etc, because procedures for different states/regions are different. The processing in PBEC is a total mess. God only knows what is happening in PBEC. Don't expect any improvement until 2007, unless they change their process. :confused:

45 day letter???

Hi All,
I sent a mail for H1B 7th year Extn and got the reply 3 weeks back with case number that starts with P, P-05122-xxxxx. But I haven't received 45 day letter. My employers address is changed so only hope is Attorney's office. So my question is.. is it normal that I didn't get 45 day letter even after case number starts with P? and Secondly Can I do anything about missing 45 day letter?

Case Details
NY FEB 21st
RIR-EB2
case No: P-05122-xxxxx

bostongc2003 said:
Hi All,
I sent a mail for H1B 7th year Extn and got the reply 3 weeks back with case number that starts with P, P-05122-xxxxx. But I haven't received 45 day letter. My employers address is changed so only hope is Attorney's office. So my question is.. is it normal that I didn't get 45 day letter even after case number starts with P? and Secondly Can I do anything about missing 45 day letter?

Case Details
NY FEB 21st
RIR-EB2
case No: P-05122-xxxxx

Both Attorney and employer will get 45 letter.. In your case, catch hold of attny tightly....Probably 45 day letters r printed and mailed in lots...

Safe side call up PBEC and tell your story and request them not put u to voicemail...and wud like to know if 45 letter is issued for your case# and your employer address has changed....If it is me..I wud do this...

But look out for any more suggestions from other members here.....

President Bush on his SOU address...

"America is a great force for freedom and prosperity. Yet our greatness is not measured in power or luxuries, but by who we are and how we treat one another. So we strive to be a compassionate, decent, hopeful society. "

Waiting_in_VA said:
My PD is May 2002 and it did pass VA DOL and went to PA regional. Also I did get my 45 day letter in MArch 2005,a dn replied right way. Sorry did not want burst anybody's optemistic bubble, but we are $crewed in PBEC :(

I completly Agree with you.As my priority date is 05/13/2002 went to regional in 2004 got 45 day letter in dec04 and replied back soon.Still no news.......

cantstandit said:
this from Shusterman.com

"The target for full data entry and to have 45 day letters sent out on
all cases
is still June 2006. However, DOL hopes to finish even earlier."

Who remembers how many times they said they would finish the data entry by a specific date ?
I am still sruggling to understand the necessity of the data entry when the cases were already entered once ! Just hire a porgrammer for a week to write a database conversion utility !

sbdol said:
Who remembers how many times they said they would finish the data entry by a specific date ?
I am still sruggling to understand the necessity of the data entry when the cases were already entered once ! Just hire a porgrammer for a week to write a database conversion utility !

I wish the DOL had the wisdom to enter the case details in a database when they received it at SWA. Then database transfer would have done it.