Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

bassfisherman, I dont think u r trying to scare people arround.

Thanks for your input though.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your PERM is for EB2 but your old application was EB3, then its worth it even if you loose your old application.

GC_Geek said:
Friends,
Just now I got an email from my employer that they are willing to use one of the already approved PERM labor for filing my I-140. (Provided my skill set matches to the approved labor skill set - Which is not a big deal though)

My questions:
Since my PD for pending Philly labor was Oct'2002, when I apply for I-140 with new avaialble approved PERM, will I loose the pending labor PD up on applying for PERM I-140?

Whats the best now? Shall I go for the approved labor or wait to get my existing Philly Labor which got old PD(which may help me in 485 time?)

Please comment your openions

Thanks in advance

VA June 2002 cases

It appears to be logical (and that's what surprises me!)
Your case moved to Federal earlier than june2002_labor.

I would be happy if they stick to this pattern (+/- 1 month) such as your two cases.

All the best!

bassfisherman said:
Not sure if this will shed some light on how pbec is processing cases. My PD is exactly the sameday as the one above and here is my info. May be you guys can do a comparision.

PD date 06/19/2002
State VA, RIR, EB2
moved to federal in Feb 2004
45 day letter received 03/08/2005
45 day letter replied 03/09/2005
Approved on 12/12/2005
Attorney received hardcopy at 12/27/2005

Good luck,

Don't worry Mockery..

Mockery,
I was under the impression that my pd was OCT,02 when i last checked with my HR but when i got the screenshot my pd was mentioned as Nov,02.
No lr yet..I was also little bit worried that most of the NJ cases got lr & something was wrong..but looks like both of us are in the same boat.. :D
Pl. update when u get it.

USCISisMockery said:
No letter yet. Geting worried now as October and December 2002 NJ got the letters. I am Nov 2002 and haven't seen anybody from November geting the letter.

sorry, not related question, but

Firstly, I should say sorry to your guys cause I'm asking an unrelated question here but since I've been surfing here everyday from the time I found this websit, I feel so close to you guys.
Ok make long story short, my husband is trying to change his status to F1 visa from March, but we are struggling in if we should do that because let's say I get my LC approved this year and 140 next year hopefully, when we submit 485, will that affect his OPT application (he will be graduating then)? I know someone would say so just get 485 based EAD, but anybody knows if he can get his opt without any problem or we shouldn't bother to change status at all.
Thanks a ton for any input.

good news for those who have labor

Good News for Visa Movement

AILA has reported the DOS advised AILA that "thanks? to" the decrease in demand for EB visa numbers from USCIS I-485 cases and 245(i) labor cases still being held in the Department of Labor, the visa number would progress forward as follows:
Worldwide EB-1 and EB-2: There will be no need for a cut-off date for the thesee categories.
Worldwide EB-3: Unlike the DOS previous prediction that the large number of 245(i) filings would be filed during March and April 2001 and it would result in a surge EB-3 number demand and would limit movement of the cut-off date, 245(i) cases still remain at the DOL and therefore there will be some movement in EB-3 visa numbers.
India EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
India EB-3: It will move ahead but may become limited down the road.
China EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
China EB-3: It will stay at the Worldwide date.

This is good news for guys who have Labor certification and stuck due to retrogression. What about pople like us who are stuck in Philly backlog for a long long time???

PD:June 4th 2002
VA RIR
Moved to Philly regional: Feb 2004
45 day replied on April 05......
Still waiting for final approval

Where is the link for this ?

leo09 said:

AILA has reported the DOS advised AILA that "thanks? to" the decrease in demand for EB visa numbers from USCIS I-485 cases and 245(i) labor cases still being held in the Department of Labor, the visa number would progress forward as follows:
Worldwide EB-1 and EB-2: There will be no need for a cut-off date for the thesee categories.
Worldwide EB-3: Unlike the DOS previous prediction that the large number of 245(i) filings would be filed during March and April 2001 and it would result in a surge EB-3 number demand and would limit movement of the cut-off date, 245(i) cases still remain at the DOL and therefore there will be some movement in EB-3 visa numbers.
India EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
China EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.

This is good news for guys who have Labor certification and stuck due to retrogression. What about pople like us who are stuck in Philly backlog for a long long time???

VA RIR

Never mind . I got the link.This is really a good news for EB1 & EB2 category. We need to get out of this PBEC mess quick.

www.immigration-law.com

leo09 said:

VA RIR

Branch Office Closed

Hi Guys,
I need some info and suggestion. My companyA is in Atlanta head office and company A1 (branch) in Florida. I have filed my labour sep 2003 in Eb3 category from branch office, last week I came to know that my employer is planning to close the branch office. As both the offices under PBEC Jurisdication is it a way I can change the company address on the labour that I have applied or there are any chances my labour will be rejected.
If in case I have to apply another labour to be on the safe side this are my qualification will I be qualify in Eb2.

15ys Schooling + 1 yrs Diploma + 3 yrs Exp before joining companyA + 4 yrs exp companyA.
So with this existing company I am not be qualified I guess bcoz I cannot use this 4yrs of experience so I have to move my H1 then apply.

Thanks In advance for your valuable input.

A.J.

leo09 said:

VA RIR
Just more BS...to keep us at bay..I have heard the same shit about how the PBEC , was going to speed up things once data entry was completed

Your case moved to Federal little earlier. The difference in information is that but we couldn't conclude.

PBEC end less labor process is to be shared with our fore generations.

bassfisherman said:
Not sure if this will shed some light on how pbec is processing cases. My PD is exactly the sameday as the one above and here is my info. May be you guys can do a comparision.

PD date 06/19/2002
State VA, RIR, EB2
moved to federal in Feb 2004
45 day letter received 03/08/2005
45 day letter replied 03/09/2005
Approved on 12/12/2005
Attorney received hardcopy at 12/27/2005

Good luck,

Heard from an attorney:

He received a few ( don't know how many ) cases from June and July 2002 California. I don't have any information on EB-1/Eb-2/EB-3 RIR/NON RIR

So don't loose hope as something is churning in PBEC. Keep up the pressure through any suggested measures listed here or at immigration voice.

CA EB2-RIR

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Where is the link for this ?
<<India EB-3: It will move ahead but may become limited down the road. >>

I hope they will mention whether it will atleast pass 2002 or not before getting limited.

Saknia/Stresste4stinusa, any guess whether for EB3 2002 IN people, make sense to wait on pending EB# labor or better to aply for EB2 ?

I was thinking, once the dates becomes current for EB2 (and may be EB3) in a year or so, the people who will apply GC after that can get PERM in 6 month and I140 and 485 in a year or so, so the GC in 1.5 years. Won't life be easy and beautiful for those people. For us, who have been more than 6 years here and waiting for LC for more than 3 years, we have to go thru this pain and torture just because our timing is bad ?

trackGCFlorida said:
Hi Guys,
I need some info and suggestion. My companyA is in Atlanta head office and company A1 (branch) in Florida. I have filed my labour sep 2003 in Eb3 category from branch office, last week I came to know that my employer is planning to close the branch office. As both the offices under PBEC Jurisdication is it a way I can change the company address on the labour that I have applied or there are any chances my labour will be rejected.
If in case I have to apply another labour to be on the safe side this are my qualification will I be qualify in Eb2.

15ys Schooling + 1 yrs Diploma + 3 yrs Exp before joining companyA + 4 yrs exp companyA.
So with this existing company I am not be qualified I guess bcoz I cannot use this 4yrs of experience so I have to move my H1 then apply.

Thanks In advance for your valuable input.

A.J.

What is your Place of work as per Labor petition. I think Company address given in ETA will determine your place of work. If that is H.O then no problem for you. If it is Branch then you have to submitt proff that you are there while replying 45 days letter. If 45 days letter is already received then no problem for you

Add your detailed signature. It will help in answering question quickly. Lotof time people cannot provide full information and this involves guessing and answering and back and forth replies and answers

va_aug_2002 said:
<<India EB-3: It will move ahead but may become limited down the road. >>

I hope they will mention whether it will atleast pass 2002 or not before getting limited.

Saknia/Stresste4stinusa, any guess whether for EB3 2002 IN people, make sense to wait on pending EB# labor or better to aply for EB2 ?

I was thinking, once the dates becomes current for EB2 (and may be EB3) in a year or so, the people who will apply GC after that can get PERM in 6 month and I140 and 485 in a year or so, so the GC in 1.5 years. Won't life be easy and beautiful for those people. For us, who have been more than 6 years here and waiting for LC for more than 3 years, we have to go thru this pain and torture just because our timing is bad ?

My case is the worst of all..it is good as a 2003 case..it is Dec2002 EB3 case..I just want to thrash tha paralegal who filed me as EB3 while I was eligible for EB2..trust me...going to famous attorneys will not help....

This is some good news...but when the hell do we come out of this shit....Also not forget of the build up for 140...hope they wont come up wtih another backlog center for 140...!!

Same Mistake My Attroney Did

Yes I am from pakistan and for pakisani national EB3 was always current

I was also qualified for EB2 Bases upon beachler degree + 5 years experience

but my attroney filed my case in EB3 beachler + 2 years experience

When recently i asked him why did not he file my case in EB2 he replied back that eb3 for pakistani national was always current & he was not aware that in future he will go back to april 2001 . while the fact is i filed my case after 245i so had he been smart he should have filed my case in eb2 rather then in eb3

but these attronies just need money thats all they dont care about any body life

I fully agree that we filed labor at wrong time people are getting their labor approved in just six months

I have observed people are getting approval for May 02 & June 02 cases and only those people are getting approval who got their letter a long time back

They have not issued so called 45 days letter according to PD

Folks,
One other reason why attorney tries to file EB3 LC is the prevailing wage issue. If you file as EB2, SWA will determine a much higer prevailing wage for BS+5 as opposed to BS+2. So, if your actual salary is not on the higher side (in a safe range for EB2), then it may be best to file as EB3 to avoid problems later at the I-140 stage (since USCIS checks for your paystubs and W-2s to se eif the prevailign wage is being paid before approving I-140).

Attorneys also tend to file EB3 as opposed to EB2 because they can avoid defending the "unduly restrictive" requirements query raised by SWA or DOL. If such a query is raised for the job in consideration, attorney will have to justify BS+5 or MS+0 is indeed a requiremnt for the job because of a "business necessity". The reasons stated in the "business necessity letter" must be convincing enough to get a LC approval. In order to avoid this problem, attorney may sometimes choose to file as EB3 even though your qualifications makes you think you are qualified for EB2. At the time filing of LC, they also feel tempted to file under EB3 seeing the "current" status of EB3 visa numbers in the monthly visa bulletin being oblivious of the fact that EB3 numbers might retrogess in the future.