Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Join New Company in 6th Yr

I have quick question and I am sure I will get some guidelines from gurus.
My labor was filed in Oct 2003 at DE as EB2/RIR (not received any 45days letter). I completed my 5Yr H1B Period in July2005. My H1B renewal is under process, which I suppose I will get till July2006 (6Yr Limit).
Now I am getting a good offer from a quite good company, do you guys think I should join this company? If so, will get extension for 7,8…year extension based on my labor filed in Oct 2003?

Thank You guys for your response.

congratulations !

finally see May cases coming ...

it is a mess ...

butthead said:
SFO DOL EB3-RIR
PD=May 2 ' 2002
RD= May 9' 2003
BPC - Phil - 45 day notice Feb 03' 2005
BPC -Phil - 45 day reply Mar 18' 2005
ETA Case# P-04309-34xxx

Approved on September 20th.
Notice Mailed on October 06.

Now for the long wait in 485 :rolleyes:
:) :cool:

Yes, you can get exetension based on your 1st LC applcication. Be aware that when you start you GC thru the new company you are loosing your PD

GCVS03 said:
I have quick question and I am sure I will get some guidelines from gurus.
My labor was filed in Oct 2003 at DE as EB2/RIR (not received any 45days letter). I completed my 5Yr H1B Period in July2005. My H1B renewal is under process, which I suppose I will get till July2006 (6Yr Limit).
Now I am getting a good offer from a quite good company, do you guys think I should join this company? If so, will get extension for 7,8…year extension based on my labor filed in Oct 2003?

Thank You guys for your response.

Today, My employer told me that I can only keep my position until Nov 18th. If any one have job opening about J2EE/java developer in Northern VA, please send me a PM. I have 10+ years experiences + MIS degree of VT. By the way, do not say sorry to me.

VA RIR Regional
April 2002

Last edited by a moderator:
got response today

I got response today from 7yrs email, no status. My case number is T-XXX..., only brief data entered. Source - Region, which is correct, but Type is RIR, which is not correct. Do I need to contact them to correct it or it's better not to correct? Which way is faster for Regional cases - RIR or TR? My PD - 07/03, state FL.
By the way they sent me 2 responses - the second is for another guy from my company with the same first name. :) His PD is 12/03, but his data is fully entered and he has P-XXX... case number.
From ~50 pending LCs with different PDs (from 2001 to 2005) in our company only 11 received 45 days letters and no approvals yet. :(

Hi,
I would like to know if it is possible to know the status of my LC case that was transferred to PBEC from Boston DOL. My case got transferred to Boston DOL from NH SESA back in January 2004. They it remained in Boston DOL until september 2005 and now they have sent all the pending LC cases from Boston DOL to PBEC (Actually they were supposed to process these cases till the end of 2005 and if they had done so my case would have been approved. I narrowly missed that ). I would like to know if i can send an email to PBEC to know the status of my case even if i don;t require to apply for 7-th year extension right now. COuld somebody let me know what the e-mail address is and the if there is a specific format for this email.

Thanks very much!

July_2003 said:
I got response today from 7yrs email, no status. My case number is T-XXX..., only brief data entered. Source - Region, which is correct, but Type is RIR, which is not correct. Do I need to contact them to correct it or it's better not to correct? Which way is faster for Regional cases - RIR or TR? My PD - 07/03, state FL.
By the way they sent me 2 responses - the second is for another guy from my company with the same first name. :) His PD is 12/03, but his data is fully entered and he has P-XXX... case number.
From ~50 pending LCs with different PDs (from 2001 to 2005) in our company only 11 received 45 days letters and no approvals yet. :(

BarneySha said:
I finally rcvd the 45 day letter on Nov 1, 2005.
Company resp today Nov 2, 2005.
The letter is dated Oct 28th, 2005

BarneySha

Question:

Based on whats been said in the past .... according to the P# this case was entered into the system on 144 day of 2005 .... this makes it entered on May 20'ish 2005.

So does it take this long to send a 45 day letter ? Is there a reason for the length of time it takes to send a 45 day letter? or does it mean they are soon to work on it ?

Check the sticky for FAQs

Come on guys. If you bothered to read a few pages back on this forum, it is clear that PBEC has stopped giving out case status in screeshots. Trying to email BEC won't get you status info anymore. YOu get case type, case number and your name and employer's name.

If you click the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking link on top of the page when you read or post a message in this forum, you will see a sticky for FAQs where you can find all the infos regarding "how do I find out my status, where to send email, where do I call, where do I mail etc. "

DOL's explanation of BEC's FIFO

is posted in the AILA website..Unfortunately, access is limited to members only. Should be interesting to know.

Got this Email reply from Arlen Spectar

Just thought of sharing this information.

Offcourse nothing great.

-----------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. XXX :

Thank you for contacting my office regarding immigration reform.

I appreciate your taking the time to bring your views on this important matter to my attention. As a United States Senator, it is essential that I be kept fully informed on the issues of concern to my constituents. Be assured that I will keep your thoughts on this issue in mind when the Senate considers this or related issues during the 109th Congress.

Again, thank you for writing. The concerns of my constituents are of great importance to me, and I rely on you and other Pennsylvanians to inform me of your views. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office or visit my website at http://specter.senate.gov. Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Arlen Specter

-------------------------------------------------------------

come one guys try to send letters to senators in your area to complain about PBEC delay.

Join Yahoo group- PBEC labor delay forum and raise your voice.

Good luck.

I-140 approved ??

rajapar said:
My labor was approved on Oct 4, 2005. Today my attorney send me an email that my 140 got approved.

State: VA
PD: Apr, 2002
RIR

how come when did you apply for that....

subrata_baguli said:
I received screen shot today without status. Do you know what this means?
It means that the PBEC people figured out that some of us are misusing the facility they provided. They cannot refuse giving you a screen shot..So to stop you from asking again, they blocked out the status....They believe that once noone can get the status misusing the h1b extension address, folks would stop misuing it.... Of course what is use and misuse can be debated....

Guys I donot wish to argue on this subject so please donot post replies to this answer...

VAhoper said:
As long as you still have a valid h1b, you can move on to a new employer and file through PERM and later a new I140. When you file 485 based on your new PERM approval and new I140, you can use the priority date of your old lc approval and I140. Say, you got your lc approval from PBEC with PD Apr.2001 and filed 140. Later your 140 is approved. But you have to (or just want to) switch to a new employer, where you file a PERM and a 140. when it is time to file 485, you can use your PD of Apr.2001.
Does that mean that if I file for PERM thru my existing employer and get LC (instead of waiting for the one pending in PBEC) and I140 approved , I can change employer ? and If I change employer, do I have to file PERM and I 140 again thru new employer?

Byrd's amendment is likely to succeed

My 2 cents on the bill!!!!!!!!

I think the real problem with the bill was that it focused too much on increasing H1B limits and recapturing EB visas. For obvious reasons, this causes lot of opposition among senators as it increases immigration levels and they are now likely support the Byrd's amendment. I think bill should have focused on allowing 485/adjustment of status even when the dates are not current. This will not have increased any immigration (No one can get green card unless the date is current) At the same time everyone can enjoy portability after applying 485, get EAD, spouse can work etc....This would have been win win situation for laywers, immigrants and senators..........(Lawyers can make money early by more 140/485 applicants)

It was a stupid way to present the reform. I am sure our lawyers got tooooo greedy when they pleaded with Judiciary committee and came up with this disaster, while everything could have been achieved without increasing immigration level.

Yes.I agree with what you are saying.I like many in this forum keep getting the same feeling. H1B numbers issue took a front seat even in the presentation yesterday and there was no mention about the backlog in BECs.
Again the senators are trying to win the war for the lobbyists(corporates and law firms)and the law firms are more interested in H1 filings and Immigration filings.

If retrogression is removed the law firms can file lots of those PERM cases and use the visa numbers.Why would they care to fight/reform BECs for us.

fastergcwanted said:
I think the real problem with the bill was that it focused too much on increasing H1B limits and recapturing EB visas. For obvious reasons, this causes lot of opposition among senators as it increases immigration levels and they are now likely support the Byrd's amendment. I think bill should have focused on allowing 485/adjustment of status even when the dates are not current. This will not have increased any immigration (No one can get green card unless the date is current) At the same time everyone can enjoy portability after applying 485, get EAD, spouse can work etc....This would have been win win situation for laywers, immigrants and senators..........(Lawyers can make money early by more 140/485 applicants)

It was a stupid way to present the reform. I am sure our lawyers got tooooo greedy when they pleaded with Judiciary committee and came up with this disaster, while everything could have been achieved without increasing immigration level.

I Agree

fastergcwanted said:

Thats true. Abitily to file I485 regardless of visa dates would solve 90% of out problems. That way we can also use AC21 for job change after 6 months.
They will also get some cash upfront due to application fees for of so many I485/EAD/AP primary and dependent applications. All we want is relief from this stupid rule of waiting to file an application with the govt for years till out PD becomes current, and waiting every month (every day of ever month) for visa bulliten as if waiting for God to physically show up and bless us with happiness and solve all our immigration problems :)
This absolute control of Govt and employers over us is called slavery. We all come as slaves and be slaves for 2-3 years, get GC's and move on. But now it has gone too far and we cant spend 5+ years of our lives as slaves.

Personally I dont care about 90,000 visa recapture. I dont care if I get the GC 3 years later. All I care about is the ability to file adjustment of status and get out of H1/H4 slavery NOW.

Personally I would like to make some anti-immigration senator's wife sit at home for 3-4 years on H4 visa and talk to him about opposition to a bill which might bring some relief after having suffered 3-4 years. I would like to get his and his wife's reaction.

Why dont we all push for ability to file I485 and this alone. That way we will avoid anti immigration forces who dont seem to understand the global wave of outsourcing.

May be we should consider writing a letter to AILA (American Immigration Lawyer's Assiciation) to get them to understand. I do feel immigration lawyers have a say in terms of what gets in to immigration bills and if we can show them what would benefit them as well as all of us they are likely to listen.

Early next year, there is going to be another bill for comprehensive immigration reform and if we can get it right by then it's still not too late.

If we can send a letter with enough signatures it might be worth the efforts. I think no senator has much benefit directly helping us, but lawyers do and they can lobby with congressmen along with employers to make it happen.

Thoughts?

va_aug_2002 said:
Does that mean that if I file for PERM thru my existing employer and get LC (instead of waiting for the one pending in PBEC) and I140 approved , I can change employer ? and If I change employer, do I have to file PERM and I 140 again thru new employer?

Ok. I think you are confusing the matter a littile bit. We are only talking about PD retention. If you file PERM and got I140 approval from your current employer. You will be able to carry your PD (which btw would be sometime in 2005 if you filed PERM since PERM came into effect only since March 2005) to your next case. But when you change employer, you still have to go through the lc+140 process again for your new job because both lc and 140 is based on a particular job. Only that you will be able to use the PD of your first case in your second case.