Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

interpret this please

Gurus,

Can you please help me to interpret this?

I communicated to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US one month back from now and again I communicated within last 3 days asking for 'Request to verify that my Alien Labor Certification application is pending more than 365 days for 7th year onward extension'. Both replied have differed for 2 fields. 1) Cast status: during first communication it mentioned 'Incomplete' and during recent communication there was no field named 'Case Status'. 2) Case receive date: During first communication, they mentioned the date here which is exactly similar as my 'priority date' but this time this field exists in the reply but there is no date data.

Note: 'Case Source' shows 'State' and 'Processing Type' shows 'TR'

Other fields and data contained within them remain the same for both communication.

- Bharat Premi
EB3-NON RIR
PD: July 2003
State: MA

alternate solutions

with hundreds of thousands of LCs still to be process and except for a few RIR most are non-rir and it requires really intense manual effort with a lot of back and forth correspondence. with more than half the previously allotted time of 24 months gone there is little hope that the application can be processed in the time frame.

There should be an alternative to allow for using our priority dates and file for PERM without all the strings of same appliction etc in order to cut processing and move the burden to individuals and their lawyers instead of the slow bec folks doing it that will also save the millions of dollars spent to create another grand backlog

Caliber said:
First push for LC. Then we will talk about GC. How much do you make with these free ad posting here? Don't you understand our pain?

There is an old Indian saying ...
YOU DONT DIG A WELL WHEN YOUR HOUSE IS OWN FIRE.

Trust me, I am in the same boat and my labor is stuck at PBEC (waiting for 3.5 years in all). I had a parallel process running but the I140 got revoked because the sponsoring company was a fraud (I am sure you have heard of a lot of such unfortunate cases by now). I have made peace with myself and now PBEC or Jan 1998 retrogression does not disturb me on a daily basis.

I think H1/L1/Green Card relief is a separate process and pushing PBEC to get their act together is a separate process. Both should run in parallel because someday you will be on the other side and you will be happy that the bill was proposed and passed sometime back.

Yes.The processing can be done more efficiently by establising a well thought out set of process what the BEC personnel could follow for examining and deciding on an application.And i think DOL is definetely NOT THAT
DUMB TO NOT REALIZE this.
I feel,the DOL has some restriction to purposely reduce the number of approvals.Data entry in the new system,45 day letters all those seem to be delay tactics. Guess they (DOL) have to satisfy some anti-immigrant forces within this country.

eternal-lc said:
with hundreds of thousands of LCs still to be process and except for a few RIR most are non-rir and it requires really intense manual effort with a lot of back and forth correspondence. with more than half the previously allotted time of 24 months gone there is little hope that the application can be processed in the time frame.

There should be an alternative to allow for using our priority dates and file for PERM without all the strings of same appliction etc in order to cut processing and move the burden to individuals and their lawyers instead of the slow bec folks doing it that will also save the millions of dollars spent to create another grand backlog

saknia said:
Hi Pareshan4GC

To Quote your own words

Once PBEC clears your labor, this bill will help you file your I485 or get you a greencard

Question is : When PBEC is going to Clear our cases.

We need to focus on this. We will cross the Brodge of 485 when it comes.Let us not worry about that for now till PBEC start moving again

Till then all of you Guys Donlt post anything that addresses other than PBEC PLIGHT here. This Forum is for PBEC Rotten Folks Only

According to me that is a very short term thinking. Remember, a labor certificate is not a greencard in itself.
Some food for thought ... If you get the labor cleared and you file for I140 and you get laid off from the job. There goes all your wait/postings etc.

I agree that this is a PBEC thread but you cant ignore the H1/L1/Greencard relief bill. Do so at your own perill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interpret this please

Gurus,

I communicated to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US one month back from now and again I communicated within last 3 days asking for 'Request to verify that my Alien Labor Certification application is pending more than 365 days for 7th year onward extension'. Both replied have differed for 2 fields. 1) Cast status: during first communication it mentioned 'Incomplete' and during recent communication there was no field named 'Case Status'. 2) Case receive date: During first communication, they mentioned the date here which is exactly similar as my 'priority date' but this time this field exists in the reply but there is no date data.

Other fields and data contained within them remain the same for both communication.

- Bharat Premi
EB3-NON RIR

Got my 140 approved

My labor was approved on Oct 4, 2005. Today my attorney send me an email that my 140 got approved.

State: VA
PD: Apr, 2002
RIR

DUDE WHY DONT YOU REMOVE YOUR ADS.

Pareshan4GC said:
According to me that is a very short term thinking. Remember, a labor certificate is not a greencard in itself.
Some food for thought ... If you get the labor cleared and you file for I140 and you get laid off from the job. There goes all your wait/postings etc.

I agree that this is a PBEC thread but you cant ignore the H1/L1/Greencard relief bill. Do so at your own perill.

Pareshan4GC said:

Absolutely wrong .... once you have the LC and the approved I-140 you can refile a GC and keep your PD. The approved I-140 belongs to the employee and not the employer. Hance the importance to get your LC approved and your I140 filed and approved too. It gives you the option to go to another company, file PERM and then if your PERM application is approved to immediately file an I-485 .... do your research before posting ... and by the way you either remove your free crap links from your signature or we will have to report you again. Clear ?

MDwatch said:
Absolutely wrong .... once you have the LC and the approved I-140 you can refile a GC and keep your PD. The approved I-140 belongs to the employee and not the employer. Hance the importance to get your LC approved and your I140 filed and approved too. It gives you the option to go to another company, file PERM and then if your PERM application is approved to immediately file an I-485 .... do your research before posting ... and by the way you either remove your free crap links from your signature or we will have to report you again. Clear ?
Sounds like not being able to catch your breath. But, I am not sure if your claim that you can move to a new employer after the approval of I140 without filing I485 is correct, or maybe I did not understand you correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
bharatpremi said:
Gurus,

- Bharat Premi
EB3-NON RIR

I think it is almost certain by now that BECs have removed the case status info from the email. This is probably to prevent people from using the 7yearh1b email address as a means to find out their case status. Now they are only giving out enough info in the email for 7th year h1 extension purpose.

This means it is no use to send out emails any more if you are just looking for status.

pennwaiting said:
Sounds like not being able to catch your breath. But, I am not sure if your claim that you can move to a new employer afetr the approval of I140 without filing I485 is correct, or maybe I did not understand you correctly.

As long as you still have a valid h1b, you can move on to a new employer and file through PERM and later a new I140. When you file 485 based on your new PERM approval and new I140, you can use the priority date of your old lc approval and I140. Say, you got your lc approval from PBEC with PD Apr.2001 and filed 140. Later your 140 is approved. But you have to (or just want to) switch to a new employer, where you file a PERM and a 140. when it is time to file 485, you can use your PD of Apr.2001.

So in essence you are saying PD is portable as soon as I have an approved I140. I will however have to go through PERM, I140 again with the new employer though. Right? For the benefit of some of us who are legally-challenged, could you point us to some webpage with this information please? Many thanks!

We should however be aware legislation can change or a new line build up somewhere. I am surely not ready for another round of legislative upheavals and backlog centers!

VAhoper said:
As long as you still have a valid h1b, you can move on to a new employer and file through PERM and later a new I140. When you file 485 based on your new PERM approval and new I140, you can use the priority date of your old lc approval and I140. Say, you got your lc approval from PBEC with PD Apr.2001 and filed 140. Later your 140 is approved. But you have to (or just want to) switch to a new employer, where you file a PERM and a 140. when it is time to file 485, you can use your PD of Apr.2001.

Thanks for clarifying my post :)

MannyD said:
So in essence you are saying PD is portable as soon as I have an approved I140. I will however have to go through PERM, I140 again with the new employer though. Right? For the benefit of some of us who are legally-challenged, could you point us to some webpage with this information please? Many thanks!

We should however be aware legislation can change or a new line build up somewhere. I am surely not ready for another round of legislative upheavals and backlog centers!

Here is a link. http://www.murthy.com/print/UDinsigs_P.html

Apparently, there was some INS memo regarding the Priority date retention between EB categories for the same individual. In a gist though, it is saying, as long as your old 140 is not revoked. Your old eb based PD can be carried to your new case...

45 day ltr rcvd

I finally rcvd the 45 day letter on Nov 1, 2005.
Company resp today Nov 2, 2005.
The letter is dated Oct 28th, 2005

BarneySha

CT Cases

BarneySha said:
I finally rcvd the 45 day letter on Nov 1, 2005.
Company resp today Nov 2, 2005.
The letter is dated Oct 28th, 2005

BarneySha

Finally in CT, first person received 45 days letter from PBEC..

Next is my turn..I need to wait couple more days...

jdk98
Case Number - T-05145-3****
no 45 days letter..

jdk98 said:
Finally in CT, first person received 45 days letter from PBEC..

Next is my turn..I need to wait couple more days...

jdk98
Case Number - T-05145-3****
no 45 days letter..

Does it mean mine may be coming too????? Case # T-05145-xxxxx

for your info ...

very disappointed ...

send a request H1B7th this morning , get reply in the afternoon ..

no status info ,

3 months ago, there is status of RIR ...

what is going on !? :confused: